• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Dallas Kuechel being interviewed last night - he kept referring to La Russa as LaRu. LOL

Lynn and Kuechel have beards - will Giolito join them?

I really see the Adam Eaton signing as one with LaRu's fingerprints on it. I don't see him as the RF replacement, but as a swiss army knife for the manager. First when Eaton is in the starting lineup - his .360 life time on base percentage - says he can lead off or bat 2nd - batting 2nd behind Anderson would set things up for Abreu, Eloy and Moncada or Grandal. If Anderson is injured or needs a rest - he can top the order. He can play all OF spots - so if Leuery Garcia is injured - Eaton is there. He can bunt a guy over or be a pinch runner. He, of course - helps with RF pitching - too. I am not a fan of Eaton's personality, but inside the white stripes - he is a balls to the wall player. He adds an edge to the team as person and a performer. I don't think he starts more than 100 games or get to 600 ABs. He has playoff and World Series experience.

I think the best signing left for the Sox is Joc Pederson. He can play RF- can DH - he is a power Lefty bat -and eats up RH pitching. He has successful playoff experience - too. I like him a lot more than Schwarber -who hasn't shown he can hit anything, but fast balls.

Last year the Sox had one of the best bullpens, but Renteria over used them and underused the starters. Lynn and Keuchel both have histories of eating 200 innings and Giolito looks like he is ready for a 200 inning season. It will likely be the Sox 4th and 5th starters who need early relief, but the top three - should be able to get to the 7th inning on most outings. This will allow the bullpen to be fresher - and therefore better than last year.

Colome did a good job for the Sox over the stretch of his White Sox career (actually did great), but signing Liam Hendrickson would be a big upgrade. Hendrickson - has a much better WHIP and as he proved against the White Sox last year - can pitch more than 1 inning when needed.

2nd Catcher - The sweetest thing possible would be to somehow resign McCann, but he also deserves to be the top catcher somewhere. It's kind of amazing how many of the Catchers available were past White Sox catchers, but my preference would be Tyler Flowers - an excellent pitch framer and a great arm. He also bats left. Zach Collins needs to play up to his potential in AAA.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong of me for wanting Keuchel and Giolito to not only grow/keep their beards...but to eat like sh*t so we have 3 bearded fatties leading us to the promised land?

I want to live in that world.

Mingo: McCann isn't happening. You can let it go. Thank ya boy Intangibles.

Pederson has been on our radar Mazara style for a while now...so I think that is likely...If not Hendriks, Colome.

***Anyone else think taking a chance on Kluber could be the play? One year semi-cheap prove it deal could turn into something special if he returns to any kind of form...and we have enough at SP now to make that kind of move and see where it goes. Just sayin'.

***That is, if we don't sign Bauer, which is like 99% imo***

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong of me for wanting Keuchel and Giolito to not only grow/keep their beards...but to eat like sh*t so we have 3 bearded fatties leading us to the promised land?

I want to live in that world.

Mingo: McCann isn't happening. You can let it go. Thank ya boy Intangibles.

Pederson has been on our radar Mazara style for a while now...so I think that is likely...If not Hendriks, Colome.

***Anyone else think taking a chance on Kluber could be the play? One year semi-cheap prove it deal could turn into something special if he returns to any kind of form...and we have enough at SP now to make that kind of move and see where it goes. Just sayin'.

***That is, if we don't sign Bauer, which is like 99% imo***
I think Kluber can be a smart move - if you have a doctor you trust to look over the records and give him a physical.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to get a visual on jiddy.

Funnily enough...I'm a runner. Top 5-10 in local 5k's on the reg. But I likes to eat and long for the day when The Blerch finally gets me and I just turn into a pile of fat on my couch and eat chips all day. It's good to have goals gentlemen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funnily enough...I'm a runner. Top 5-10 in local 5k's on the reg. But I likes to eat and long for the day when The Blerch finally gets me and I just turn into a pile of fat on my couch and eat chips all day. It's good to have goals gentlemen.
Sadly - not a grammarian.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Sox lost one prospect, but picked up another in the Rule 5 draft.

Lost: A.J. Puckett, RHP (Braves)
Gained: Martin Carrasco, RHP (Padres)

In the big pic, really doesn't mean much, altho it does appear that the gain outweighed the loss considerably. Carrasco, who was taken in the AAA phase of the R5 draft (meaning the Sox aren't obligated to place him on the parent roster), is 4 years younger than Puckett and at least pitched up thru the '19 season, whereas Puckett hasn't pitched since '17 due to injuries. Of course both didn't pitch this past year due to covid.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making a Chicago White Sox case for Trevor Rosenthal - South Side Sox

I nice case made for Trevor Rosenthal over Liam Hendriks for the Sox bullpen closer.
you never know. could be he's all set now for 4 or 5 good productive years. or not! too much a gamble for a team that should have a top notch closer. not an area i want to get cheap on.
No doubt Rosenthal would cost a fraction of the price vs Hendriks. But he's also had an up-n-down career, and was back pitching in the minors as late as the 2019 season. He did have a nice 2020 tho, splitting time between the Royals and Padres. And I would say overall in his major league totality, he's been pretty decent. Not crazy about the career 12-25 record tho. That tells me he's had trouble protecting a lead or tie game. Obviously if money is an object, Hahn might go with Rosenthal, but if he has a more open budget, I'd much more prefer to see him ink the more consistent Hendriks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Don't stop now boys!"

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Eaton coming back to the Sox, they need to bring Howie Kendrick in to keep the home run celebration going. The "driving" is fun.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All but official:

I'm happy for JM that he gets a nice 4/40 contract. And I'm happy for the Sox that a former player won't come back to bite them - well, that is unless we face them in the World Series!! :hammer:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All but official:

I'm happy for JM that he gets a nice 4/40 contract. And I'm happy for the Sox that a former player won't come back to bite them - well, that is unless we face them in the World Series!! :hammer:

Half the price of Intangibles. Smh

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Eaton coming back to the Sox, they need to bring Howie Kendrick in to keep the home run celebration going. The "driving" is fun.
i have no idea wtf this means.
You are not alone
He's referring to the two run homer by Kendrick which helped clinch the final game of the WS for the Nats. When they showed a shot in the dugout after the blast, Kendrick and Eaton were sitting together pretending to go thru the gears of their imaginary race cars.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's referring to the two run homer by Kendrick which helped clinch the final game of the WS for the Nats. When they showed a shot in the dugout after the blast, Kendrick and Eaton were sitting together pretending to go thru the gears of their imaginary race cars.
You speak catman?