• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4odb4q.jpg

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how the FA market plays out this year, but I suspect there may be more 1 year deals because of the Covid devastation to the economics of baseball - it might be in the interests of both player and team to sign short term contracts this season (except for the top FAs).

Quit crying about the Bears - I had to watch the Broncos lose with a practice squad WR at QB. :)
Yeah, but at least you had that as a legit excuse. We can't make any such claim.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is an article pretty much confirming that the current free agent hunt has been slow due to teams sitting on the results of what's expected to be a record number of non-tenders tomorrow. It goes on to show all 30 teams with possible non-tender candidates for each club. If nothing else, it makes for decent reading during this boring part of the offseason. Looking forward to see which teams ditch which players, including of course our own.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm suspicious the White Sox - will try to maximize their new pitching coach by tendering Lopez and possibly Rodon. Trouble is Rodon is a $4.4 million gamble - and figures to be relegated to the bullpen. Lopez probably makes more sense - since he can be tendered for $2 million and has mental/emotional issues rather than a physical issue.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm suspicious the White Sox - will try to maximize their new pitching coach by tendering Lopez and possibly Rodon. Trouble is Rodon is a $4.4 million gamble - and figures to be relegated to the bullpen. Lopez probably makes more sense - since he can be tendered for $2 million and has mental/emotional issues rather than a physical issue.
the 'try to fix the crap you have instead of getting the help you need" theory? white sox have done this for years. it's one reason we need a new owner!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Sox non-tender Rodon, no questions asked there. As for Lopez, I'm a bit torn. After his rookie season, for the most part he's been pretty bad. Probably the best compliment we can give him is he's inconsistent - not a good compliment by any means. Assuming we keep him, I would like to see him begin the season out of the pen, perhaps in a long reliever role, but keep a short leash on the guy. He still might make for good trade fodder as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of possible non-tenders who would likely be tendered in more normal years, there has been some chatter about the Twins non-tendering Eddie Rosario.
Twins placed Rosario on waivers last night. Apparently no takers, so it's a fair guess that the Twins will either release him or try to come up with a shorter contract. Just sayin'............

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014, with the 3rd pick in the draft, the White Sox selected Carlos Rodon.
Next up, with the 4th pick, the Cubs selected Kyle Schwarber.

Both were non-tendered today.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top RF signees:

1) Springer
2) Bradley
3) Rosario
4) Pederson
5) Schwarber

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since MLB has not decided as yet on the DH for the National League - guys like Schwarber will have to wait on their contracts to make sure they have the full market bidding on their services. Personally, I wouldn't mind Schwarber as the Sox DH with Engel as an almost everyday RFder. However, if the Sox sign a Schwarber (at age 27) - that makes Vaughn a trade piece - IMO.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since MLB has not decided as yet on the DH for the National League - guys like Schwarber will have to wait on their contracts to make sure they have the full market bidding on their services. Personally, I wouldn't mind Schwarber as the Sox DH with Engel as an almost everyday RFder. However, if the Sox sign a Schwarber (at age 27) - that makes Vaughn a trade piece - IMO.
I think that's an insightful opinion but a horrible idea. No one's doubting the Schwab's pop in his bat. But he's not a high average guy and with Jimenez on the team, that gives us two left fielders who really should be DH. Vaughn at least can play more than a capable first base and he's got the makings of a .300/30/100 guy on a consistent basis once he makes his way around the league. Now OTOH, if we can nail down Schwarber for just one season, I'd be fine with that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's an insightful opinion but a horrible idea. No one's doubting the Schwab's pop in his bat. But he's not a high average guy and with Jimenez on the team, that gives us two left fielders who really should be DH. Vaughn at least can play more than a capable first base and he's got the makings of a .300/30/100 guy on a consistent basis once he makes his way around the league. Now OTOH, if we can nail down Schwarber for just one season, I'd be fine with that.
LSD - did you miss the part where I said Schwarber as DH and Engel in RF? I do agree - keeping Vaughn is my preferred plan.

Problem that needs to be solved: The Sox didn't have a good record against Righties as starters - because they don't have enough LH power. Now if Moncada has recovered and can be counted upon for a 2019 type season - that helps a lot.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSD - did you miss the part where I said Schwarber as DH and Engel in RF? I do agree - keeping Vaughn is my preferred plan.

Problem that needs to be solved: The Sox didn't have a good record against Righties as starters - because they don't have enough LH power. Now if Moncada has recovered and can be counted upon for a 2019 type season - that helps a lot.
No I didn't miss it, so my 'horrible idea' comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the idea of it. All you did was throw it out there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this make sense to you guys?

WTF!?!?!? The Rays get a bonus pick after almost winning the WS? The Twins get one after two consecutive division titles? The Padres, who are arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NL - they get one too? This is total bullshit.