• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, most QB injuries occur in the pocket vs outside of the pocket. This is especially true over time with rule changes that protect the QB like intentional grounding, giving themselves up, and running out of bounds.
yeah!
Like Carson Wentz.
Oh Wait..... He was crippled while running.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t that what I said?
Case by case basis, and we certainly can't equate the Ravens' line with the Eagles' line.

There is also context to each injury, such as a QB trying to stretch out the play by scrambling instead of knowing when to throw it away and move on to the next play. The ability of someone like Jackson to extend plays often shuts down that internal clock of knowing when that ball needs to come out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case by case basis, and we certainly can't equate the Ravens' line with the Eagles' line.
Now you’re agreeing with my statement that over time more QBs get hurt in the pocket than outside the pocket.
There is also context to each injury, such as a QB trying to stretch out the play by scrambling instead of knowing when to throw it away and move on to the next play.
And that’s what I’ve referred to as a processing issue. I saw it with Wentz. People would praise him for “extending the play” when the reality was he did shit work Pre snap and missed a window to get the ball out. Extending plays habitually is what leads to injury. If you find yourself extending plays habitually it’s likely a processing issue.
The ability of someone like Jackson to extend plays often shuts down that internal clock of knowing when that ball needs to come out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you’re agreeing with my statement that over time more QBs get hurt in the pocket than outside the pocket.

And that’s what I’ve referred to as a processing issue. I saw it with Wentz. People would praise him for “extending the play” when the reality was he did shit work Pre snap and missed a window to get the ball out. Extending plays habitually is what leads to injury. If you find yourself extending plays habitually it’s likely a processing issue.

Which is why guys like Russ and Kyler are overrated IMO. They do their best work extending plays and playing outside of the structure of the play. "Letting Russ cook" basically means don't expect him to make any well timed throws within the context of the offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why guys like Russ and Kyler are overrated IMO. They do their best work extending plays and playing outside of the structure of the play. "Letting Russ cook" basically means don't expect him to make any well timed throws within the context of the offense.
Fair. Not much data on Kyler to step out yet on injury but Russ has protected himself and kept himself on the field able to play for a majority of his career.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. Not much data on Kyler to step out yet on injury but Russ has protected himself and kept himself on the field able to play for a majority of his career.

I wasn't really leaning on the injury aspect with them (although Kyler has his issues there), more speaking to playing outside of the offense potentially due to lack of pre-snap reads. Guys from those college spread offenses where the sideline calls the play with the team already over the ball to get the defense to set seem destined for these kind of issues; the coach is reading the defense for the QB. You can get away with that to an extent in the NFL by talking to the QB over the headset as long as the team is to the line quickly enough, but it's not very frequent unless the team is in hurry-up mode. Otherwise, the headset turns off before the offense gets lined up.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the point you're making. However, grounding the ball incomplete if targets aren't open is generally less desirable than extending the play. Downgrading players who regularly extend plays or upgrading players that don't is probably a mistake.

Letting Russ Cook was more about the run/pass ratio in the 1st 3 quarters of games and giving him more freedom to call pre-snap audibles.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Don't all of those players suck according to you? Why would this be cause for concern?

Huh? I've long stated Cowboys do a good job of getting talent but they also hire and stick with God awful head coaches.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I've long stated Cowboys do a good job of getting talent but they also hire and stick with God awful head coaches.
One thing the Cowboys never have an issue with is keeping their own players that they want to keep. Plus they have $24M in cap space.

Diggs will likely be resigned before this year
Gilmore is older and a stop gap
Tyron Smith will be gone unless he somehow proves he can stay healthy
Steele will likely be resigned before this year
Biadasz needs to IMO earn his contract this year
Kearse or Hooker will be gone as Wilson is signed Long term
Armstrong is a backup rotation guy
Fowler could be cut this offseason if any of the young DEs step up

There isn't one concern on that list IMO and it's a year from now

Eagles 2024 free agents:
Kelce
Cox