• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing the Cowboys never have an issue with is keeping their own players that they want to keep. Plus they have $24M in cap space.

Diggs will likely be resigned before this year
Gilmore is older and a stop gap
Tyron Smith will be gone unless he somehow proves he can stay healthy
Steele will likely be resigned before this year
Biadasz needs to IMO earn his contract this year
Kearse or Hooker will be gone as Wilson is signed Long term
Armstrong is a backup rotation guy
Fowler could be cut this offseason if any of the young DEs step up

There isn't one concern on that list IMO and it's a year from now

Eagles 2024 free agents:
Kelce
Cox
Barnett
Graham
Swift/Scott/Penny
Opeta
Greedy Williams

Never had an issue? They had to get rid of Amari Cooper a year ago for cap reasons and then spent the deadline and time since trying to get a WR to replace him.

Kelce and Cox are headed towards retirement. Both of their replacements are already drafted and in place.

Same goes for Graham. Barnett might not even be on the roster this year and if he is he's nothing more than a bench piece that sisnt even play last year due to season ending g I jury.

Swift/Scott/Penny - RB is the most easily replaceable position in the league as proof of the Eagles having those RBs right now for next to no caphit. Cowboys seem to be the only team in the league that still hands our huge money to RBs.

Opeta lmao is backup offensive line that the Eagles are constantly churning out

L.ao Greedy Williams, another guy that is bottom of the depth chart and I don't even think makes the 53 man roster this season.

Meanwhile the Cowboys are going g to hand an over 30 in decline Dak Prescott a new contract making him one of the highest paid players in the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 2024 free agents:
Kelce
Cox
Barnett
Graham
Swift/Scott/Penny
Opeta
Greedy Williams
Thank you for this list. I didn't realize the only guys the Eagles might lose are the guys that are retiring anyway (and have each given us over a decade of great football).

Howie really has done an incredible job.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had an issue? They had to get rid of Amari Cooper a year ago for cap reasons and then spent the deadline and time since trying to get a WR to replace him.

Kelce and Cox are headed towards retirement. Both of their replacements are already drafted and in place.

Same goes for Graham. Barnett might not even be on the roster this year and if he is he's nothing more than a bench piece that sisnt even play last year due to season ending g I jury.

Swift/Scott/Penny - RB is the most easily replaceable position in the league as proof of the Eagles having those RBs right now for next to no caphit. Cowboys seem to be the only team in the league that still hands our huge money to RBs.

Opeta lmao is backup offensive line that the Eagles are constantly churning out

L.ao Greedy Williams, another guy that is bottom of the depth chart and I don't even think makes the 53 man roster this season.

Meanwhile the Cowboys are going g to hand an over 30 in decline Dak Prescott a new contract making him one of the highest paid players in the league.
What are you talking about? Cooper was gone the day he signed that contract. It was never meant to be more than a short term thing. That's the whole reason it was structured that way. Yes. They don't lose their own guys that they want to keep. They just don't. If anything it's to a fault. Like, you know, a huge chunk of your free agents you lost this year because of your cap problem. I know, I know, you wanted to lose all those key players because some blah blah blah some made up cheerleader reason...

you think you are going to just "replace" Kelce???? It's like you only watch the little skinny guys running around on the outside...

Now you are talking about Dak? How bad is your ADD? You don't even attempt to stay on topic. He isn't going anywhere unless they want him to be gone

Last edited:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Cooper was gone the day he signed that contract. It was never meant to be more than a short term thing. That's the whole reason it was structured that way. Yes. They don't lose their own guys that they want to keep. They just don't. If anything it's to a fault. Like, you know, a huge chunk of your free agents you lost this year because of your cap problem. I know, I know, you wanted to lose all those key players because some blah blah blah some made up cheerleader reason...

you think you are going to just "replace" Kelce???? It's like you only watch the little skinny guys running around on the outside...

Now you are talking about Dak? How bad is your ADD? You don't even attempt to stay on topic. He isn't going anywhere unless they want him to be gone

Who did we lose due to cap problem? If anything we brought back more players than I was expecting.

And yeah, Eagles are going to just seemlessly replace Kelce. Cam Jurgens has the exact same playstyle as Kelce only he's bigger than Kelce. He's already had a year learning under Kelce. When Kelce does retire Cam is going to step in and right away be one of the best centers in the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their
Who did we lose due to cap problem? If anything we brought back more players than I was expecting.

And yeah, Eagles are going to just seemlessly replace Kelce. Cam Jurgens has the exact same playstyle as Kelce only he's bigger than Kelce. He's already had a year learning under Kelce. When Kelce does retire Cam is going to step in and right away be one of the best centers in the league.

As good as Cam may be it was Hall of Fame center play he'll be replacing.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MetLife stadium is my favorite stadium in the league ….

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you either don't watch your own team or you have no clue what you are watching
An All Timer at Center is a luxury. There will be a drop off for sure. But the level of drop off isn’t as vast when projecting losing a player at C vs say losing a Hall of Famer at DT, DE, QB, etc…

Additionally, the Birds secret sauce is still in place in Stoudtland.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An All Timer at Center is a luxury. There will be a drop off for sure. But the level of drop off isn’t as vast when projecting losing a player at C vs say losing a Hall of Famer at DT, DE, QB, etc…

Additionally, the Birds secret sauce is still in place in Stoudtland.
And it certainly won't be seamless

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the point you're making. However, grounding the ball incomplete if targets aren't open is generally less desirable than extending the play. Downgrading players who regularly extend plays or upgrading players that don't is probably a mistake.

Letting Russ Cook was more about the run/pass ratio in the 1st 3 quarters of games and giving him more freedom to call pre-snap audibles.

Not really my point. Both players excel in broken plays instead of carrying out the plays called.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fits right in at the NFL level...