• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he even really got going
Kenny Pickett had only very strong year in college, I never thought he would be an NFL franchise QB. The Steelers basically had to draft a QB that year with Big Ben retiring, but that draft class sucked with regards to QBs, although Brock Purdy is good and he was the very last pick of the draft that year, the rest of the QBs from that draft class haven’t done anything.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disliked Kenny Pickett after he did that bush league move of faking a slide in college. On draft day they went to the shot of the living room at his house around pick #15 and it looked like mom had died. I guess they expected him to be a top 5 pick, LOL at those fools.

So yeah I'm enjoying this. I'm like that.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disliked Kenny Pickett after he did that bush league move of faking a slide in college. On draft day they went to the shot of the living room at his house around pick #15 and it looked like mom had died. I guess they expected him to be a top 5 pick, LOL at those fools.

yeah that was bullshit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with keeping Pickett as a #3 QB for emergencies at this point, but he should not be the backup.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Pierce announces Gardner Minshew will be the Raiders starting QB - I figured this would be the case. Minshew played fairly well with the Colts last season, and the Raiders have some talented guys, I could see the Raiders being a bit better than people expect. Still I have a feeling the Raiders will be looking for a franchise QB in the draft before too long. Crazy that the Raiders could’ve traded up for Stroud but McDaniels vetoed it - one of many idiotic moves the Raiders have made in recent memory - hiring McDaniels was so stupid.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew looked mid season form last night against twos & threes.

winning 3 games could be a challenge for the raiders this season

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the NBA having something in place for flopping, I hope the NFL adds some kind of rule that doesn't allow a QB to fake slide... Automatically when they show slide, the defensive guy is already letting up or trying to find some way to avoid the hit w/out taking a penalty... Defense is already at a disadvantage when it comes to hitting the QB, this just makes it harder on them...

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew looked mid season form last night against twos & threes.

winning 3 games could be a challenge for the raiders this season
Never judge a team or a player by how they look in the preseason. The Raiders could definitely suck this year but Minshew could be decent. It’s pretty clear O’Connell hasn’t been impressive at all. Passing on the trade that would’ve let them get Stroud is another massive blunder the Raiders have made - they’ve been a shitshow in recent years with a ton of bad draft picks and poor decisions.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never judge a team or a player by how they look in the preseason.
How true that is. If we went by preseason alone, the Bears would be hands down favorites to win the SB this year. And some of us fans still remember the '22 season, when they won all three games in the preseason, then went on to win just another three in the regular season. So no, never judge a team by its preseason record.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never judge a team or a player by how they look in the preseason. The Raiders could definitely suck this year but Minshew could be decent. It’s pretty clear O’Connell hasn’t been impressive at all. Passing on the trade that would’ve let them get Stroud is another massive blunder the Raiders have made - they’ve been a shitshow in recent years with a ton of bad draft picks and poor decisions.
Never judge them as a team or make too much of it yes, but you can judge individual efforts and ability.

When the cowboys play 2’s and 3’s against your 1s and beat you by double digits it’s not a good sign. The raiders really looked bad. according to their home announcers everyone but Adams and their rookie TE started and some played a huge chunk of the game. This is even worse because Most cowboys fans felt their depth was possibly weak coming into the year. Maybe the cowboys depth is better than expected Or maybe the Raiders were just “working on some stuff”. Obviously preseason is mostly meaningless and teams are running vanilla game plans. But this was at a minimum eyebrow raising if I’m rating the Raiders. They probably should have beaten the Cowboys by at least 2 TDs. It wasn’t a good effort from a team that played their best players amd I think if they play Minshaw they will regret it. He just isn’t very good. Maybe the other guy can be with more experience.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How true that is. If we went by preseason alone, the Bears would be hands down favorites to win the SB this year. And some of us fans still remember the '22 season, when they won all three games in the preseason, then went on to win just another three in the regular season. So no, never judge a team by its preseason record.
Redskins were 3-0 in pre season last year. Even ended the ravens win streak. Browns went 4-0 and then went on to 0-16 one year

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks about Nate Herbig. He was a UDFA for the Eagles years ago out of Stanford and has worked his way up from practice squad to backup to starter in the NFL.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see jarntt's post.

see him if you have any follow up remarks.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Bills famously lose every preseason game during the era when they went to four straight Super Bowls? It's hard for fans to understand but sometimes the teams are not trying to win, they are looking at specific players in certain live situations and trying to decide who to keep.