• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did ok while you were gone
I guess the Metamucil worked and is keeping you guys regular. You better get moving or you’re gonna miss the early bird at the diner.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that all it takes?

don't stop quickly @Xeliou66 could get hurt.
No, you have to win 3 playoff games as the number one seed to hoist Lombardi. I’ll be here for you all season long as you try and figure out the great sport of NFL football. It can be tough some times to make sense of but stick with it and ask questions. We are all so willing to help you.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that all it takes?

don't stop quickly @Xeliou66 could get hurt.
What the fuck do I have to do with this?

Getting to the Super Bowl after getting the #1 seed is not a lucky run, it’s a great season. A lucky run is more like what the Giants did in 2007 and 2011.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles had a dominant regular season that year, but with Wentz hurt teams were trying to manoeuvre into the #4 seed to play against them. The Eagles won 2 of the 3 playoff games by narrow margins. I wouldn't say they were lucky, (unlike the lucky Rams in 2021), but it's not a team history will remember.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck do I have to do with this?

Getting to the Super Bowl after getting the #1 seed is not a lucky run, it’s a great season. A lucky run is more like what the Giants did in 2007 and 2011.
He’s a silly one haha. He doesn’t like people agreeing with me

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles had a dominant regular season that year, but with Wentz hurt teams were trying to manoeuvre into the #4 seed to play against them. The Eagles won 2 of the 3 playoff games by narrow margins. I wouldn't say they were lucky, (unlike the lucky Rams in 2021), but it's not a team history will remember.
Philly special and a classic Super Bowl. It will be remembered

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly special and a classic Super Bowl. It will be remembered
The 2017 Eagles won’t go down as one of the best teams ever, but Super Bowl 52 is certainly a classic Super Bowl, one of the most exciting ones I’ve ever seen - what a great shootout between Nick Foles and Tom Brady.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Metamucil worked and is keeping you guys regular. You better get moving or you’re gonna miss the early bird at the diner.
This is like the tenth time you’ve said something like this to me and you and I are about the same age. IIRC we may be exactly the same age or within a year or so.

Your stale jokes really need some refreshing. VCR tapes, Metamucil, I’m waiting for the im rubber your glue gems next.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stale jokes really need some refreshing. VCR tapes, Metamucil, I’m waiting for the im rubber your glue gems next.
No kidding. I thought he had better game than iggloo and nut.

waiting for the kid to chime in.
LOL...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like the tenth time you’ve said something like this to me and you and I are about the same age. IIRC we may be exactly the same age or within a year or so.

I’m gonna work on it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to Boyz will be Boyz audio book while walking. I read it probably 15 or so years ago and gave the book away and wanted to “read” it again. A couple interesting things.

the initial reaction to the walker trade wasnt positive with the Dallas sportswriters. Also, the real key was that Lynn (Vikings] assumed the cowboys would keep all the players he traded them because the Cowboys were so shitty and needed NFL caliber players so they agreed to assign draft values to each of them (mostly 1s and 2s) if they weren’t on the team by the next draft and from the beginning Johnson planned to just cut them all which is what really added to the draft pick haul.

Jimmy didn’t want to draft Emmitt. He wanted defense and the RB coach literally stood on the table telling everyone this is the guy we need to take and Jimmy agreed (notice no mention of Jerry in any decisions). This one for the Cowboy fans who believe every year when Jerry tells everyone how the guy they take at 20 was top 5 on their board or that their 2nd rounder had a first round grade. After the draft Jerry says Emmitt was their 4th ranked player in the draft. Jimmy had to be convinced to take him but he was the 4th ranked guy.

it was also interesting to hear all of the college coaches that Jimmy coached with or was around, or that Aikman and the other guys played for. A lot of well known football names. Also Barry Switzers name comes up over and over and over. He and Jimmy were really close at one point.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That book is entertaining. Paints a negative picture of Deion.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to Boyz will be Boyz audio book while walking. I read it probably 15 or so years ago and gave the book away and wanted to “read” it again. A couple interesting things.

the initial reaction to the walker trade wasnt positive with the Dallas sportswriters. Also, the real key was that Lynn (Vikings] assumed the cowboys would keep all the players he traded them because the Cowboys were so shitty and needed NFL caliber players so they agreed to assign draft values to each of them (mostly 1s and 2s) if they weren’t on the team by the next draft and from the beginning Johnson planned to just cut them all which is what really added to the draft pick haul.

Jimmy didn’t want to draft Emmitt. He wanted defense and the RB coach literally stood on the table telling everyone this is the guy we need to take and Jimmy agreed (notice no mention of Jerry in any decisions). This one for the Cowboy fans who believe every year when Jerry tells everyone how the guy they take at 20 was top 5 on their board or that their 2nd rounder had a first round grade. After the draft Jerry says Emmitt was their 4th ranked player in the draft. Jimmy had to be convinced to take him but he was the 4th ranked guy.

it was also interesting to hear all of the college coaches that Jimmy coached with or was around, or that Aikman and the other guys played for. A lot of well known football names. Also Barry Switzers name comes up over and over and over. He and Jimmy were really close at one point.
IMG_4385.gif