• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point is that he says all the right things because that is the kind of person he is, BUT, when it seemed as if he might be leaving what he really felt came out pretty clearly. Don't take this as he doesn't like Cle, just take it as he might not like Cle as much as your quotes of his suggest he does.

Coopers a great guy. I don't know what happened at the end in Dallas but all of a sudden he became a little bit of a malcontent. He never spoke up and never said anything negative and then all of a sudden he did. I'll just assume dealing with the Jones Boyz, McCarthy and the rest of the numbnutz played a role in that as did him being pulled in the most important drive of the season. Of course the fact that he always seemed to be too tired to stay in on those drives was probably a big part of the reason but he likely didn't see it that way.
I think the guy is simply an adult and knows it's a business (cannot say followed him that close before he got here).....and, sure, if he is getting moved from here SF not a bad place to go.

Though I wouldn't put it past this just being a typical rumor with no real substance. Maybe SF asked for him and Browns said thanks but no thanks? Who knows.

Been here longer so I like Chubb more but Coop seems like he might be the WR version of Chubb.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guy is simply an adult and knows it's a business (cannot say followed him that close before he got here).....and, sure, if he is getting moved from here SF not a bad place to go.

Though I wouldn't put it past this just being a typical rumor with no real substance. Maybe SF asked for him and Browns said thanks but no thanks? Who knows.

Been here longer so I like Chubb more but Coop seems like he might be the WR version of Chubb.

It's amazing how the Browns keep trading for players, when they've put together a perfectly fine team for years. They've drafted some of the best lines and secondary... and decent runningbacks.. Haslam I guess is a fantasy football nerd and wants wideouts and QBs so he makes dumbass trades and-

*inner conscience* Shark, are you really trying to rationalize what the Browns do? Stop it.

Anyway, happy Sunday all.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how the Browns keep trading for players, when they've put together a perfectly fine team for years. They've drafted some of the best lines and secondary... and decent runningbacks.. Haslam I guess is a fantasy football nerd and wants wideouts and QBs so he makes dumbass trades and-

*inner conscience* Shark, are you really trying to rationalize what the Browns do? Stop it.

as a football fan,I never understood the Watson trade or huge contract,but to each his own.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really even sure what you are getting at as I'm only talking about their current regime and nothing that happened from 1999-2019...or even the 70s until 2019.

But I still laughed at that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a football fan,I never understood the Watson trade or huge contract,but to each his own.
It can certainly be questioned but there were a dozen or so teams who wanted him so shouldn't be that tough to understand?....he then paired it down to 6 based on where he might consider going and they all offered a deal Houston would accept just for the chance to meet with him. He chose the Browns. Really all we know.

as to the "huge contract"? Way overblown. If he played/plays as hoped the Browns will be glad to pay it. If he doesn't the Browns are F'd whether his deal was fully guaranteed or even just 50% guaranteed. His per year value has already been passed up by many as I think most knew would happen.

I mean, if Love turned into a bust I don't think we'll see GB fans saying "it's OK...it's only a $150 mil guarantee" (not that I think he will be a bust).

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GODDAMN IT, Bralen Trice out for the season with an injury. Huge fucking bummer for the Falcons to lose both him and Rondale Moore for the season before the season begins. Fuck. Our edge rush situation was already shaky, Trice would’ve made an impact IMO. We need Ebiketie and Harrison to step up and take their game to the next level this season.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GODDAMN IT, Bralen Trice out for the season with an injury. Huge fucking bummer for the Falcons to lose both him and Rondale Moore for the season before the season begins. Fuck. Our edge rush situation was already shaky, Trice would’ve made an impact IMO. We need Ebiketie and Harrison to step up and take their game to the next level this season.
that,s life in the NFL.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stopped being a redskin fan,but if gibbs would have coached the panthers like he nearly did,I would have.
I was born in 1959 so I'm guessing I am a bit older than you. When I was young the Redskins has sucked for decades so being a kid I rooted for the Colts up the road as I lived in Maryland. I don't remember the other kids being into the Redskins. But George Allen, like Lefty at Maryland, totally changed everything and made the Redskins instant winners.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in 1959 so I'm guessing I am a bit older than you. When I was young the Redskins has sucked for decades so being a kid I rooted for the Colts up the road as I lived in Maryland. I don't remember the other kids being into the Redskins. But George Allen, like Lefty at Maryland, totally changed everything and made the Redskins instant winners.
4 years on me.lfety coached good,but he was mr asshole to talk to with reporters after the acc tourney in 83.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are here to remind you that they’re one of the worst professional sports franchises in the world. How do you trade for a disgruntled player looking for a contract when you don’t have a contract in place?

Howie should offer this to the Jets: we will take back Reddick if you send a 6th round pick with him. That should be the price of being fucking stupid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are here to remind you that they’re one of the worst professional sports franchises in the world. How do you trade for a disgruntled player looking for a contract when you don’t have a contract in place?

Howie should offer this to the Jets: we will take back Reddick if you send a 6th round pick with him. That should be the price of being fucking stupid.

He has to report eventually or it all starts over again next year. So pay him what will end up being less than half his salary for half the year and it's a pretty good deal for a conditional 3rd if you make the playoffs. I think they are playing it just fine.

“We have informed Haason that we will not trade him, that he is expected to be here with his teammates, and that he will continue to be fined per the CBA if he does not report,” Jets GM Joe Douglas said in a statement. “Since the trade discussions back in March we have been clear, direct, and consistent with our position. Our focus will remain on the guys we have here as we prepare for the regular season.”

Reddick was acquired from the Eagles in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in March.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade for him in April and give up a 3rd then player asks for trade 3 months later. Wow. That is good business by NY lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Patrick Johnson for him straight up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is why he thought he could drive blind drunk? :noidea:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to report eventually or it all starts over again next year. So pay him what will end up being less than half his salary for half the year and it's a pretty good deal for a conditional 3rd if you make the playoffs. I think they are playing it just fine.

“We have informed Haason that we will not trade him, that he is expected to be here with his teammates, and that he will continue to be fined per the CBA if he does not report,” Jets GM Joe Douglas said in a statement. “Since the trade discussions back in March we have been clear, direct, and consistent with our position. Our focus will remain on the guys we have here as we prepare for the regular season.”

Reddick was acquired from the Eagles in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in March.
Are they though? They’re burning a bridge for a player that was supposed to help in the short term when they’re already committed to Rodgers. Their eggs are all in that basket and they need pass rush for right now. They’re cutting their nose off to spite their face.