• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop is a smart SOB

Cleveland Browns will forever be known for not being able to get out of their own way.
He's definitely an adult and seems to have a more mature view than you about his team....

Cooper said he feels his time with the Browns has been positive and hopes he can continue his career with the Browns beyond this season and is open to another contract.

"Oh yeah, for sure," he said. "I mean, it's been nothing but success here in terms of what I've been able to do on the field. I look to get better each and every year while I'm here. I'm really the type of guy that takes heed to old sayings, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' So I'm not really trying to go somewhere else. You never know. The grass isn't always being (greener) on the other side, so I would rather stay where I'm thriving."

Cooper said he was hoping for more years on the contract and to get an extension, besides the guaranteed money, but said that he is willing to go out and earn the additional money in incentives. His restructured contract has up to $5 million in incentives.

"Yeah, of course," he said. "Like I said before, I definitely want to be here. It's been great here so far, and like I said before, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I like the guys, I like the camaraderie of the team. I like Deshaun, I like Kevin. He likes to get me the ball, so I'm fine with that. So yeah, I definitely, definitely want to be here."

Cooper admitted that he is comfortable with the Browns and was asked if he feels like he's found a home with the Browns.

"Yeah, I would," he said. "I'm really the type of guy, I don't really like change. I mean, if change happens, which a lot of times it's inevitably does, you have to be able to adjust and adapt to any situation. So I'm very adaptable, but at the same time, I don't necessarily like the change. So yeah, I want to be here."

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely an adult and seems to have a more mature view than you about his team....

Cooper said he feels his time with the Browns has been positive and hopes he can continue his career with the Browns beyond this season and is open to another contract.

"Oh yeah, for sure," he said. "I mean, it's been nothing but success here in terms of what I've been able to do on the field. I look to get better each and every year while I'm here. I'm really the type of guy that takes heed to old sayings, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' So I'm not really trying to go somewhere else. You never know. The grass isn't always being (greener) on the other side, so I would rather stay where I'm thriving."

Cooper said he was hoping for more years on the contract and to get an extension, besides the guaranteed money, but said that he is willing to go out and earn the additional money in incentives. His restructured contract has up to $5 million in incentives.

"Yeah, of course," he said. "Like I said before, I definitely want to be here. It's been great here so far, and like I said before, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I like the guys, I like the camaraderie of the team. I like Deshaun, I like Kevin. He likes to get me the ball, so I'm fine with that. So yeah, I definitely, definitely want to be here."

Cooper admitted that he is comfortable with the Browns and was asked if he feels like he's found a home with the Browns.

"Yeah, I would," he said. "I'm really the type of guy, I don't really like change. I mean, if change happens, which a lot of times it's inevitably does, you have to be able to adjust and adapt to any situation. So I'm very adaptable, but at the same time, I don't necessarily like the change. So yeah, I want to be here."
changes nothing

nice post

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was only going to be in Cleveland one year anyway but who wouldn’t want to be on a great team…well other than Aiyuk

A lot of drama queens, especially at the WR position, but he couldn’t be a nicer guy. Hope he finishes his career in CLE but I doubt it

I doubt it too. But only because after he's completely toast, the Patriots will sign him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is a shameless mercenary. But who can blame these guys? Think of his entire career circumstances!

Raiders, Cowboys, Browns...absolute trash, poverty franchises and he has performed for every single one. Every one.

Cooper has been a freelance #1 NFL caliber wideout for years. He's kind of like the Kirk Cousins of receivers and you have to respect it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is a shameless mercenary. But who can blame these guys? Think of his entire career circumstances!

Raiders, Cowboys, Browns...absolute trash, poverty franchises and he has performed for every single one. Every one.

Cooper has been a freelance #1 NFL caliber wideout for years. He's kind of like the Kirk Cousins of receivers and you have to respect it.
LOL at trash franchises....

And while he played well with the Raiders he also had a case of the dropsies.....that he has since overcome. So you clearly did not see him a lot when he played for the Raiders.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at trash franchises....

And while he played well with the Raiders he also had a case of the dropsies.....that he has since overcome. So you clearly did not see him a lot when he played for the Raiders.
Nobody watches the Raiders. Jon Gruden almost brought them back from the dead, but then they went right back to dead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if you think he's smart and he seems to love being in Cleveland you are a bit all over the place.
I think the point is that he says all the right things because that is the kind of person he is, BUT, when it seemed as if he might be leaving what he really felt came out pretty clearly. Don't take this as he doesn't like Cle, just take it as he might not like Cle as much as your quotes of his suggest he does.

Coopers a great guy. I don't know what happened at the end in Dallas but all of a sudden he became a little bit of a malcontent. He never spoke up and never said anything negative and then all of a sudden he did. I'll just assume dealing with the Jones Boyz, McCarthy and the rest of the numbnutz played a role in that as did him being pulled in the most important drive of the season. Of course the fact that he always seemed to be too tired to stay in on those drives was probably a big part of the reason but he likely didn't see it that way.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me about not watching the Raiders.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a major fan, but when I first moved to the US mainland in the 1970s, the Raiders were good and I won a lot of lunch money picking the Raiders to beat the Eagles in the 1981 Super Bowl. I only became an Eagles fan a few years later when Buddy Ryan became coach and started playing Randall Cunningham at QB. I have a good friend who is a long-suffering Raiders fan. His father was a Niners fan and never understood why his son had gone to the dark side. It was literally a subject the two men discussed and reconciled before his dad passed away, with his dad forgiving him!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a major fan, but when I first moved to the US mainland in the 1970s, the Raiders were good and I won a lot of lunch money picking the Raiders to beat the Eagles in the 1981 Super Bowl. I only became an Eagles fan a few years later when Buddy Ryan became coach and started playing Randall Cunningham at QB. I have a good friend who is a long-suffering Raiders fan. His father was a Niners fan and never understood why his son had gone to the dark side. It was literally a subject the two men discussed and reconciled before his dad passed away, with his dad forgiving him!
bandwagon fan

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bandwagon fan
Agreed. The only time I switched teams was when George Allen made the Redskins must watch TV and the entire area was excited. And then when the Baltimore Bullets moved to Washington. I was also 12 and 14 respetively. To be much older and switch just smells of being a bandwagon fan.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The only time I switched teams was when George Allen made the Redskins must watch TV and the entire area was excited. And then when the Baltimore Bullets moved to Washington. I was also 12 and 14 respetively. To be much older and switch just smells of being a bandwagon fan.
I never stopped being a redskin fan,but if gibbs would have coached the panthers like he nearly did,I would have.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you really want to go there, the team I was originally a fan of was the Don Coryell Chargers. The Fouts era team. I jumped off them for the Eagles and never looked back when I was in my early teens.Keep in mind that I didn’t live in Philly earlier, I grew up in Puerto Rico and lived there until I was nine.