• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they though? They’re burning a bridge for a player that was supposed to help in the short term when they’re already committed to Rodgers. Their eggs are all in that basket and they need pass rush for right now. They’re cutting their nose off to spite their face.
Yeah, he's gotta play half the year or he remains a Jet next year again. He'll report eventually and he'll play well trying to earn a huge contract for the next year. Plus now it stays a 3rd and not a 2nd :D

Heck, they only got 4 plays out of Rodgers last year. Half the year is s a lifetime in Jet years...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's gotta play half the year or he remains a Jet next year again. He'll report eventually and he'll play well trying to earn a huge contract for the next year. Plus now it stays a 3rd and not a 2nd :D

Heck, they only got 4 plays out of Rodgers last year. Half the year is s a lifetime in Jet years...
Last year, in a place where he wanted to be he improvised and did his own thing and was out of position trying to rush the QB on every play to accrue sacks. I can just imagine what he’s like for a team that lied to him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to report eventually or it all starts over again next year. So pay him what will end up being less than half his salary for half the year and it's a pretty good deal for a conditional 3rd if you make the playoffs. I think they are playing it just fine.

“We have informed Haason that we will not trade him, that he is expected to be here with his teammates, and that he will continue to be fined per the CBA if he does not report,” Jets GM Joe Douglas said in a statement. “Since the trade discussions back in March we have been clear, direct, and consistent with our position. Our focus will remain on the guys we have here as we prepare for the regular season.”

Reddick was acquired from the Eagles in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in March.
If their intent was to deceive Reddick into being forced to play, they may get away with it, but agents are not going to do business with the Jets. The agents' side seems to be that they promised they would work on a new deal in good faith and then basically ghosted him ever since, which would be a penny wise and pound foolish move if you are the Jets, a team agents probably already steer clear of when possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their intent was to deceive Reddick into being forced to play, they may get away with it, but agents are not going to do business with the Jets. The agents' side seems to be that they promised they would work on a new deal in good faith and then basically ghosted him ever since, which would be a penny wise and pound foolish move if you are the Jets, a team agents probably already steer clear of when possible.
Oh stop it. That's just gibberish

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they though? They’re burning a bridge for a player that was supposed to help in the short term when they’re already committed to Rodgers. Their eggs are all in that basket and they need pass rush for right now. They’re cutting their nose off to spite their face.
A pick 2 years from now has half the value that the same pick would have had just before the 2024 Draft. He plays out his contract or the Jets mess with him and get a compensatory pick back. The Jets are risking very little. They can afford to play hardball, whilst the Eagles couldn't.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year might be the year of the rookie QB. I could see Caleb Williams (Homer), Jayden Daniels, JJ McCarthy, and Bo Nix having great Rookie years if they seize the opportunity.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick 2 years from now has half the value that the same pick would have had just before the 2024 Draft. He plays out his contract or the Jets mess with him and get a compensatory pick back. The Jets are risking very little. They can afford to play hardball, whilst the Eagles couldn't.
This will be egg on the face of the Jets. They’ve been outed as liars.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Jets say they were going to pay him more or extend him? Maybe they did and I missed it.
Not publicly. They offered Reddick a deal pre trade and Reddick turned it down. He said don’t trade for me if you aren’t going to pay me. They made the trade and said they would get it ironed out. They haven’t had contact with his agent with a new offer since the trade.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop it. That's just gibberish
It's not, it may be a team dealing in bad faith. Or at least that's one side of the story.

All I can say is, glad Philly traded him for something. He is clearly going to be a malcontent without a new contract.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not, it may be a team dealing in bad faith. Or at least that's one side of the story.

All I can say is, glad Philly traded him for something. He is clearly going to be a malcontent without a new contract.
He was a malcontent when he had a contract.

Just to keep the record straight - the Eagles refused to pay him more or extend him, then traded him to the Jets knowing that he had already turned the Jets contract offer down. It's clear from the trade compensation the Jets weren't invested in him as a person. The Eagles didn't look out for his interests and don't have any moral high ground here. Also to be straight i'm not putting any blame on either team. The player signed the contract and the CBA is very clear. A player isn't entitled to anything other than what is specifically stated in the contract. Now he can either play or hold out with financial consequences.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, in a place where he wanted to be he improvised and did his own thing and was out of position trying to rush the QB on every play to accrue sacks. I can just imagine what he’s like for a team that lied to him.
Play pissed off and try to pad those stats for a contact next year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the star power has waned in New England after the Brady era but this is ridiculous, have some self respect

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the star power has waned in New England after the Brady era but this is ridiculous, have some self respect

He tells people he is Jason Kelce...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

great story. Supposedly the kid told him to report to the official next time :D