• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kansas City Chiefs signed Harrison Butker to a contract extension that makes him the NFL's highest-paid kicker, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

The extension is for four years and $25.6 million, with $17.75 million guaranteed, the sources said. At $6.4 million per year, Butker will make more than the previously highest-paid kickers, the Baltimore Ravens' Justin Tucker and Philadelphia Eagles' Jake Elliott, who both average $6 million on their contracts.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ayuik talk seems to be getting serious. I would still be shocked if they traded him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks legit now.

Pats can add more draft capital.
Browns can include Cooper.

Not sure how I feel about it but we will see.
You should be ecstatic. BA is 26 and one of the top 5-10 WRs in the league. Cooper is on the back end and more expensive than he’s worth.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have shit the bed on this negotiation.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have shit the bed on this negotiation.
I think only in the aspect that they didn't sign him early and cheap which he may not have went for anyway.Truth be told, I don't blame them much and it's better for them this way. Paying a #2 WR who is in the 8-10 range of importance on your team north of 25 mil/ yr is just dumb, imo. Even though the WR market and pay scale is getting to the point of complete stupidity around the league. Won't be surprised if a lot of signings come back to bite teams in the ass and we start seeing a market correction at some point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only in the aspect that they didn't sign him early and cheap which he may not have went for anyway.Truth be told, I don't blame them much and it's better for them this way. Paying a #2 WR who is in the 8-10 range of importance on your team north of 25 mil/ yr is just dumb, imo. Even though the WR market and pay scale is getting to the point of complete stupidity around the league. Won't be surprised if a lot of signings come back to bite teams in the ass and we start seeing a market correction at some point.
They let the market dictate price to them instead of being proactive. They have every right to say nah that’s too rich for us and our plan. Then trade the guy earlier and move on. Reports say they were willing to come to like 26. They’re gonna let this guy go during a Super Bowl window over a few million dollars? They’re chasing the market on Trent Williams as well.

That organization has a great coach and great scouts who evaluate talent but their front office is less than. They’re letting the market dictate to them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let the market dictate price to them instead of being proactive. They have every right to say nah that’s too rich for us and our plan. Then trade the guy earlier and move on. Reports say they were willing to come to like 26. They’re gonna let this guy go during a Super Bowl window over a few million dollars? They’re chasing the market on Trent Williams as well.

That organization has a great coach and great scouts who evaluate talent but their front office is less than. They’re letting the market dictate to them.
The only logical reason I can think of is they don't think WR is a huge need. They seem to do well drafting WR's. Maybe they think Pearsall can step up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only logical reason I can think of is they don't think WR is a huge need. They seem to do well drafting WR's. Maybe they think Pearsall can step up.
which explains why SF said a WR in return.

SHIT...SF did back flips when Cooper's name came up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early to say that.
Ya think? I think it’s evident that they’ve played this wrong. If they wanted the player they needed to find a way to pay him. He’s about 3-4 million more per year than he was pre March signings. When you’re a Super Bowl contender you go for that and you don’t let that number hold you back. Or…you don’t see value at a WR in a Shanahan offense being worth 26 and you deal him at the deadline.

The Niners have done neither of those two optimum things. I think it’s pretty clear that the only way to view this is that they’ve dropped the ball and mishandled. What remains to be seen is how the 2024-25 Niners will perform without Ayuik, or who Ayuik will be once he leaves. For all we know there may be a late change like Bosa and the two sides decide one more year or they settle on a number.

Those things are fair to say - too early to tell. It’s abundantly clear at this point though that the Niners have screwed up, if for no other reason than the fact that they let the market drive up the price of Ayuik because of inaction.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waaaay to early. philly fans currently have little brother issues with all things SF.

little to zero objectivity.
The Forty Niners like the Cowboys haven’t won since the Clinton administration. Inside the identity of those two organizations is a need to believe that everyone wants to be them in their Members Only Jacket posing next to their Camaro.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Forty Niners like the Cowboys haven’t won since the Clinton administration. Inside the identity of those two organizations is a need to believe that everyone wants to be them in their Members Only Jacket posing next to their Camaro.
yep...Dallas knows all too well about Philly's little brother issues.

Preach Brother Preach!

lol