• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the cleanest or clearest re-write i've ever seen. It might have been better to say: "other than clearly on the line of scrimmage the ball snapper may have a maximum of 1 teammate within 3 yards of him. Any player who would not normally be an eligible receiver on offense who then reports as eligible will remain eligible until they leave the field for at least 1 snap. Until then they are not eligible to line up as an offensive lineman or as a TE on the line of scrimmage".
Alternatively for the last part they could write it as any ineligible player who reports as eligible must line-up clearly off the line of scrimmage.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they’re restricting players from aligning in the A gap. Can they align in the B gap?

Either way, I love that my team was too successful with a play that people bitched and did what they could to legislate a play out of the game because they couldn’t defend against it. That’s some Wilt Chamberlain “Let’s Ban Dunking” shit and a badge of honor to be celebrated.

Tip of the cap to the Eagles staff specifically Jeff Stoudtland and his creativity and the Eagles OL for their outside the box thinking and impeccable execution. If you can’t beat em…just make it illegal.
I understand where you're coming from but i'm not going to tip my cap to any team that comes up with something that makes football less entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you're coming from but i'm not going to tip my cap to any team that comes up with something that makes football less entertaining and enjoyable to watch.
Winning isn’t always pretty or sexy. The Devils showed us all this with the neutral zone trap in the NHL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2 QBs fighting were true. How do you break that up? That would be like two goalies fighting. You got to let that shit go! :heh:
R.14b3a9e4cc35b1f7b04900e884f809bb

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they’re restricting players from aligning in the A gap. Can they align in the B gap?

Either way, I love that my team was too successful with a play that people bitched and did what they could to legislate a play out of the game because they couldn’t defend against it. That’s some Wilt Chamberlain “Let’s Ban Dunking” shit and a badge of honor to be celebrated.

Tip of the cap to the Eagles staff specifically Jeff Stoudtland and his creativity and the Eagles OL for their outside the box thinking and impeccable execution. If you can’t beat em…just make it illegal.

Well, Hurts is done. That's all he was good at.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the longest time I hated that play, it is so unfair to the defense and voids the fans of the very exciting goal line stand. But then I saw other teams try it and fail. All the time. So now I agree with you. Credit to the Eagles for not only creating the play but also for being the only team to execute it so well. Will that change without Kelce? I mean it's still legal with these new adjustments right?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not watch the Hall of Fame game and still have not seen the new kickoff rules in action. But I already like it. Sure it will appear like some USFL bullshit at first, but the idea is brilliant. Bring back one of the most exciting plays in football but do it safely, this is a great way to do that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the longest time I hated that play, it is so unfair to the defense and voids the fans of the very exciting goal line stand. But then I saw other teams try it and fail. All the time. So now I agree with you. Credit to the Eagles for not only creating the play but also for being the only team to execute it so well. Will that change without Kelce? I mean it's still legal with these new adjustments right?
Remains to be seen how they will adapt. I would still argue that the QB that is smallish and yet can squat 600 pounds is still a major asset on QB sneak. I would imagine that players can still push but they need a deeper alignment.

My guess is that a play that they looked at for safety last year (and found no issue) will now create a safety concern because they will have to line up the “pushers” deeper in the backfield giving them more of a running start before they can meet the pile and push. To me that could create more injuries with the way they’ve changed the rule.

But we will see. My guess is that Kelce was instrumental but we will see if what he did can be replicated.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not watch the Hall of Fame game and still have not seen the new kickoff rules in action. But I already like it. Sure it will appear like some USFL bullshit at first, but the idea is brilliant. Bring back one of the most exciting plays in football but do it safely, this is a great way to do that.
As I said in another thread, it doesn’t even need to be that great in order to better than 3/4 of the time getting touchbacks.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remains to be seen how they will adapt. I would still argue that the QB that is smallish and yet can squat 600 pounds is still a major asset on QB sneak. I would imagine that players can still push but they need a deeper alignment.

My guess is that a play that they looked at for safety last year (and found no issue) will now create a safety concern because they will have to line up the “pushers” deeper in the backfield giving them more of a running start before they can meet the pile and push. To me that could create more injuries with the way they’ve changed the rule.

But we will see. My guess is that Kelce was instrumental but we will see if what he did can be replicated.

On a related topic have you noticed how the officals don't blow the whistle on plays now? In the past if the runner was stopped at the 1 they whisle blew at the time forward progress had been stopped. Now they allow the play to continue which gives time for offensive players to push the pile. That is so frustrating, defenses should be rewarded for stopping the play. Have the rules changed?