• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to post the same thing. He didn't look like a $220 million QB in the playoffs. This was premature IMO, as was he Hurts extension that few questioned even though he has had one great season and 2 that were not good enough. He folllowed that up with another disappointing season last year.

I commented at the time that Wentz was more accomplished when he signed his extension that everyone here was critical of. But that came years later, I did not recall all that much criticism at the time and I sure didn't see many questioning the Hurts extension.
Hurts is 3 for 3 making the playoffs. I’m not sure why we are using the word “disappointing”. He wasn’t worthy of mention as an MVP candidate but that’s a far cry from disappointing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts is 3 for 3 making the playoffs. I’m not sure why we are using the word “disappointing”. He wasn’t worthy of mention as an MVP candidate but that’s a far cry from disappointing.
Dude puts in work, the leaps he made each year are crazy. Last year was the first he did not take a huge jump, but still very good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude puts in work, the leaps he made each year are crazy. Last year was the first he did not take a huge jump, but still very good.
If we’re being honest, no declarations can be made at this point when it comes to Hurts. His peak was MVP level. At his worst, he’s shown to be a QB that is slow to process and indecisive with where to go with the football.

He’s literally an enigma and school is still out on him.

As you probably know, the actually play of the QB under center isn’t the determinant for these contracts. It’s actually quite simple:

If a team wants to continue on the path with the development of their QB they need to pay him on the second contract. There are so few franchise QBs that any organization that wants to keep a QB is going to have to pay this rate. The other option is to move on and start over again with a rookie starter.

Hurts and Love got paid for the same reason. Their teams still want to work their future with their current QB at the helm. The only variety and divergence is the guaranteed money, the length of the deal, and the contract language that could potentially provide outs along the life of the contract in case the organization wants to change their mind and quit on the QB without going into cap hell.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts edge rusher Samson Ebukam tore his ACL and is out for the year. That’s a blow to the Colts, he had 9.5 sacks last year. Taking Latu in the first round was a smart pick for the Colts especially now. I hate injuries.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts edge rusher Samson Ebukam tore his ACL and is out for the year. That’s a blow to the Colts, he had 9.5 sacks last year. Taking Latu in the first round was a smart pick for the Colts especially now. I hate injuries.
Injuries suck...

Having said that, Ryan Tanneyhill is just waiting to see which starting QB gets hurt first to hear his phone ring when his agent calls him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn they can't catch a break. Great coach there, he'll have to score a bit more points now.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all know why they made the playoffs, that team is loaded and the divison is weak which made for an easier schedule. We also both know he was not good enough last year. Or 2 years before that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know why they made the playoffs, that team is loaded and the divison is weak which made for an easier schedule. We also both know he was not good enough last year. Or 2 years before that.
They had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year. In fact, they had a ridiculous stretch of games. Hurts beat the Chiefs the Bills and the Cowboys last year?!?!? What are you talking about?

If Hurts wasn’t “good enough” then there’s only about 8-10 teams in the league that are “good enough” at the QB position.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Latu was a good pick. Yah people keep bringing up the health concern but he played the last 2 years full time in NCAAF lol.

That said, Latu was by FAR the best EDGE in this draft and it wasn't close. He 100% has the hand technique down and that is REQUIRED to be a good EDGE rusher. Most guys haven't got it figured out yet coming into the NFL... but Latu should immediately be a week 1 starter.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they spread the carries between RB1 and QB1. :heh:
I know very little about Gainwell. His Draft bio indicated good blocking and receiving skills. That type of back-up RB tends to get game-day roster spots and situational snaps ahead of replacement RB1 types who are breakaway runners but lack an all-round game. I don't remember Penny being much of a blocker. I could be wrong. If Swift had been hurt, (which obviously didn't happen), Penny might have been the RB1 ahead of Gainwell.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kirk is to be believed here and O'Connell said that the Vikings likely do not draft a QB if he stays, then there is only one reason that he would have to leave.

The almighty dollar. Which is fine. I just wish he'd admit that money is the most important thing to him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kirk is to be believed here and O'Connell said that the Vikings likely do not draft a QB if he stays, then there is only one reason that he would have to leave.

The almighty dollar. Which is fine. I just wish he'd admit that money is the most important thing to him.
The Vikings don't have a winning program. Kirk could feel it in the building. The Falcons may not have one either, but he's sure the Vikings definitely don't. He's getting up there in age and wants to win before it's all over.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings don't have a winning program. Kirk could feel it in the building. The Falcons may not have one either, but he's sure the Vikings definitely don't. He's getting up there in age and wants to win before it's all over.

Even if that's true, I don't think that's his priority.

Making the most money is. Winning is simply gravy to him.