• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year. In fact, they had a ridiculous stretch of games. Hurts beat the Chiefs the Bills and the Cowboys last year?!?!? What are you talking about?

If Hurts wasn’t “good enough” then there’s only about 8-10 teams in the league that are “good enough” at the QB position.

Yes the Eagles beat the Chiefs but Hurts was 14-22 for 150 with no TD and a pick. He ran 12 times and only managed 29 yards including a few goal line pushes. He is also on a loaded team with perhaps the best situation of any QB in the NFL. I didn't bothering to check the box scores of the other games, he could have played very well, but clearly those numbers against the Chiefs and in the playoffs (121 passing yards 39 rushing yards) are not good enough for a guy who is supposed to be the great QB his contract requires him to be.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are certainly more than 8-10 team who have QBs who are not good enough.

Yes the Eagles beat the Chiefs but Hurts was 14-22 for 150 with no TD and a pick. He ran 12 times and only managed 29 yards including a few goal line pushes. He is also on a loaded team with perhaps the best situation of any QB in the NFL. I didn't bothering to check the box scores of the other games, he could have played very well, but clearly those numbers against the Chiefs and in the playoffs (121 passing yards 39 rushing yards) are not good enough for a guy who is supposed to be a great QB per his contract.
It’s crazy to think you can go look at a box score and think you understand how a QB played. You can have the last word here. I get it. You’re dug in and you don’t like the guy.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s crazy to think you can go look at a box score and think you understand how a QB played. You can have the last word here. I get it. You’re dug in and you don’t like the guy.
I'm hardly alone, my best friend is an Eagles fan and he told me mid-season there were concerns, I thought he was crazy until I watch more of his play. Heard it from multiple Eagles fans online as well.

And yes we use box scores and stats to measure athletes, every athlete. Sure there may be more to the story but stats matter, this is not news. We also look at a QBs situation in an attempt to give a fair evaluation. If he has a terribe OL and weapons well that could explain poor stats. Hurts has the opposite situation, he is in a great spot to succeed.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hardly alone, my best friend is an Eagles fan and he told me mid-season there were concerns, I thought he was crazy until I watch more of his play. Heard it from multiple Eagles fans online as well.

And yes we use box scores and stats to measure athletes, every athlete. Sure there may be more to the story but stats matter, this is not news. We also look at a QBs situation in an attempt to give a fair evaluation. If he has a terribe OL and weapons well that could explain poor stats. Hurts has the opposite situation, he is in a great spot to succeed.
i,ve hated the eagles as long as the cowboys,but they have greatly improved it seems in the offseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kirk is to be believed here and O'Connell said that the Vikings likely do not draft a QB if he stays, then there is only one reason that he would have to leave.

The almighty dollar. Which is fine. I just wish he'd admit that money is the most important thing to him.
He said Vikings only offered one year deals vs what the Falcons offered (multi year contract) makes it a no brainer to take the Falcon offer. I don't get why your criticizing him for caring about money, this is his career and once his football career is over the annual income takes a huge hit, so yeah money offered matters, it would matter to me and I bet it would matter to you to. The "unlikely" qualifier isn't a guarantee they won't draft his replacement and seeing how they only offered a one year contract is probably wrong.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Vikings only offered one year deals vs what the Falcons offered (multi year contract) makes it a no brainer to take the Falcon offer. I don't get why your criticizing him for caring about money, this is his career and once his football career is over the annual income takes a huge hit, so yeah money offered matters, it would matter to me and I bet it would matter to you to. The "unlikely" qualifier isn't a guarantee they won't draft his replacement and seeing how they only offered a one year contract is probably wrong.

I'm not criticizing him over money. Get paid as much as you can. I'm criticizing him over being disingenuous about him being about anything other than money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not criticizing him over money. Get paid as much as you can. I'm criticizing him over being disingenuous about him being about anything other than money.
While of course money is #1, other factors come into play IMO like having to move your family (that can be difficult on family members), relationship with coaching staff or relationship with teammates so on and so forth. IDK why players are even asked why, when changing teams or why players answer the question because your damned however you answer that question. The answer should always be "I did what I felt was best" and refuse to go beyond that. It's the players business not ours.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were 9-1 after that game.
and then...

Nuclear Explosion GIFs | GIFDB.com

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they’re restricting players from aligning in the A gap. Can they align in the B gap?

Either way, I love that my team was too successful with a play that people bitched and did what they could to legislate a play out of the game because they couldn’t defend against it. That’s some Wilt Chamberlain “Let’s Ban Dunking” shit and a badge of honor to be celebrated.

Tip of the cap to the Eagles staff specifically Jeff Stoudtland and his creativity and the Eagles OL for their outside the box thinking and impeccable execution. If you can’t beat em…just make it illegal.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2 QBs fighting were true. How do you break that up? That would be like two goalies fighting. You got to let that shit go! :heh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they’re restricting players from aligning in the A gap. Can they align in the B gap?

Either way, I love that my team was too successful with a play that people bitched and did what they could to legislate a play out of the game because they couldn’t defend against it. That’s some Wilt Chamberlain “Let’s Ban Dunking” shit and a badge of honor to be celebrated.

Tip of the cap to the Eagles staff specifically Jeff Stoudtland and his creativity and the Eagles OL for their outside the box thinking and impeccable execution. If you can’t beat em…just make it illegal.
I'm going to go with no, but with the NFL, who knows...