• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at some NFL future bets this morning. My betting style with futures is either to bet straight over/unders that I think will win or go with some odds bets that I don't necessarily expect to win but that I think the odds are too long and out of whack. I haven't bet it, but am intrigued by Cle to win the division at +575 based on a recent positive story I read about Chubb's recovery. Both Cincy and Bal are +145 and I do agree that both deserve to have lower odds than Cle. But, like I said, it isn't as much about expecting to win the bet as it is feeling the potential payout is better than the actual odds. The win total over looks like a definite bet for me at +8.5 (-138).

I think it's a tough win in that division, but if you look at Cle they are as I said intriguing at those odds IMO. They made probably the worst trade in NFL history and maybe by a lot to get Watson. Dude has been absolutely horrible since he came to Cle and his $64M cap hit this year and the draft picks they gave up to get him are clearly holding them back now and going forward. But if you look at this past year they won 11 games with their best offensive player Chubb playing basically 1 and a half games. Their starting QBs were Watson (6), Flacco (5), Dorian Thompson-Robinson (3), PJ Walker (2) and Jeff Driskell (1). And they won 11 games. Getting back to Watson, as poorly as he played I just saw that they won 5 out of 6 games with him as the starting QB (1 game he only threw one pass) and the one game they lost they were winning until he fumbled and the Steelers had a scoop and score with 2 minutes left in the game so they could have been 6-0. Also, Joe Flacco went 4-1 as starter.

Chubb is the biggest reason I am looking at this bet and will watch his health and only bet it if he seems to be healthy enough to be dominant again. Without Chubb being Chubb, I don't like the Browns at all to win the division. I think Chubb is and has been the best RB in the league other than CMC and IMO if healthy he is the best pure runner including CMC (CMC does other things on the field that make him better) and the Browns will again likely have one of the best OLs. So I will wait on the bet until I know more about Chubb and will not bet it unless I think he will be back and back early enough so he will be dominant again for enough games. Winning this would also obviously mean Watson bounces back. IMO he will never again be a very good QB, but maybe he can be average. I may also bet the win over and hold off on the division bet because I think they go over 8.5 wins even if Chubb doesn't play this year.

I'm also intrigued by Jax at +270 (Hou is even odds), KC at -230, Dallas at +155 (I think it should be even odds with Phi and this is x1.5), Atl at -115 (I think the division sucks), Det at +135 and SF -195.

Just as a note it's not a big payout, but you can bet both KC and SF and get it at +117 so I think I will do today for sure and would call that my "best bet" for futures.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you have a crappy owner when you hope this is true...

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another scum bag

So this asshole sees a good looking woman who is just there, probably working as a suite attendant or bartender and decides it's ok to just kiss her?

I think being suspended from attending games from Aramark venues is him being let off pretty easily. His radio station should cut ties with him as well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3