• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like 'reality' TV - - it's all about the story man, nothing more, nothing less. .... Anytime you can wear the underdog badge, people love ya.
BTW - the Hunt drumbeat going around seems a bit much - - doesn't anyone remember the Browns let Hunt walk because Ford simply out played him ??
I don't know that he did. D'ernest Johnson might be able to claim that he outplayed Hunt..2 years ago... they let him walk too. Ford only touched the ball like 8 times his rookie year last year, and certainly didn't get better results than Hunt did, and they obviously weren't in camp for him to outplay Hunt in anything this year.

Ford has a grand total of 39 carries for 154 yds to his name...3.9. You take that one broken play from Monday night out of that equation..he's 38 for 93.. 2.4 ypc. I wouldn't say he's outplayed anyone.

If anyone's drum beat is too loud for what they've shown on the feild thus far...it's Ford's

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
All I saying is that in the grand scheme the Browns simply preferred Ford over Hunt - be it age, production or $$. No one is gonna take Chubb's place. IMO, at best Hunt earns the low end of a timeshare based on his knowledge of the offense. .... neither may amount to much, but Ford will lead the way, right, wrong or indifferent. ....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he did. D'ernest Johnson might be able to claim that he outplayed Hunt..2 years ago... they let him walk too. Ford only touched the ball like 8 times his rookie year last year, and certainly didn't get better results than Hunt did, and they obviously weren't in camp for him to outplay Hunt in anything this year.

Ford has a grand total of 39 carries for 154 yds to his name...3.9. You take that one broken play from Monday night out of that equation..he's 38 for 93.. 2.4 ypc. I wouldn't say he's outplayed anyone.

If anyone's drum beat is too loud for what they've shown on the feild thus far...it's Ford's

I think the Vikings were foolish to go with Mattison, then foolisher when trading for Akers.

He would have been a perfect fit for them

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
All I saying is that in the grand scheme the Browns simply preferred Ford over Hunt - be it age, production or $$. No one is gonna take Chubb's place. IMO, at best Hunt earns the low end of a timeshare based on his knowledge of the offense. .... neither may amount to much, but Ford will lead the way, right, wrong or indifferent. ....
Well I'd hesitantly agree to most all of that, and add that IMO, it was certainly age and $$ as to why they did not re-sign Hunt AND D. Johnson, and kept Ford- who was already under contract with his 5th round rookie slotting payout for the next 3 years. Both the other guys would've had to have been negotiated, re-signed, blah blah. And given that the Brownies had just guaranteed every spare dime they'll have for the next 5 years to a QB who had yet to play for them, seems like the most logical thing to do.

Ford likely does lead the way in snap percentage, probably does lead the way in most carries, but i think its a big mistake to simply write off the possibility that Hunt, a former league leading rusher, won't at some point prove better than a guy who has yet to prove much of anything, and what he has put out there, hasn't exactly been all that impressive..that's all I'm saying.

If the big knocks on Hunt are what he put on film last season with the 400 yards, and sub 4 ypc, than those pointing that out also need to be fair and realize that that 3.9 ypc is still a half yard better than what Ford has done thus far in his career. Add that to the fact that they signed Hunt not 48 hours after losing Chubb and 'declaring' Ford as the feature back, Hunt usurping Ford is a possibility that just shouldn't be ignored, nor surprising if it happens.

I'm not outright predicting it, but in this league, where the only thing that matters when the chips are down is who is going to help us win, Ford needs to up his game to hold him off.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with any of you're points. ..... Just think it's Ford's job to loss. Perhaps he bust and Hunt (or whomever) plays over him. ... time will certainly tell.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting advice from da Bears org. :L
Well, a 2026 conditional 6th certainly didn't break the bank. Perhaps they just want someone to get 1-2yrds/carry when needed. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd hesitantly agree to most all of that, and add that IMO, it was certainly age and $$ as to why they did not re-sign Hunt AND D. Johnson, and kept Ford- who was already under contract with his 5th round rookie slotting payout for the next 3 years. Both the other guys would've had to have been negotiated, re-signed, blah blah. And given that the Brownies had just guaranteed every spare dime they'll have for the next 5 years to a QB who had yet to play for them, seems like the most logical thing to do.

Ford likely does lead the way in snap percentage, probably does lead the way in most carries, but i think its a big mistake to simply write off the possibility that Hunt, a former league leading rusher, won't at some point prove better than a guy who has yet to prove much of anything, and what he has put out there, hasn't exactly been all that impressive..that's all I'm saying.

If the big knocks on Hunt are what he put on film last season with the 400 yards, and sub 4 ypc, than those pointing that out also need to be fair and realize that that 3.9 ypc is still a half yard better than what Ford has done thus far in his career. Add that to the fact that they signed Hunt not 48 hours after losing Chubb and 'declaring' Ford as the feature back, Hunt usurping Ford is a possibility that just shouldn't be ignored, nor surprising if it happens.

I'm not outright predicting it, but in this league, where the only thing that matters when the chips are down is who is going to help us win, Ford needs to up his game to hold him off.
I think you're underestimating how bad Hunt looked last year. Not stat wise, but eye test wise. He looked slow and indecisive and he couldn't get open in the passing game, which is why the Browns just finally stopped putting him on the field.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're underestimating how bad Hunt looked last year. Not stat wise, but eye test wise. He looked slow and indecisive and he couldn't get open in the passing game, which is why the Browns just finally stopped putting him on the field.
I dunno...I think that going from being the star of the backfield to a second banana might've played into it a bit.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...I think that going from being the star of the backfield to a second banana might've played into it a bit.
Well he excelled in that role his first few years there behind Chubb. It's possible that he just wasn't happy, but then again, maybe he shouldn't have kicked a woman on the ground and let himself get videotaped and then he'd still be the lead back of the Chiefs and could have won 2 Super Bowls.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he excelled in that role his first few years there behind Chubb. It's possible that he just wasn't happy, but then again, maybe he shouldn't have kicked a woman on the ground and let himself get videotaped and then he'd still be the lead back of the Chiefs and could have won 2 Super Bowls.
Ha, this is true.

But you know how good the NFL is with second chances. ;)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got Ford and Zach Ertz off waivers. Ertz is now my only TE. Also have Pollard, Pierce, James Cook, Miles Sanders, and Roschon Johnson at RB and we can start 3.

Dude has Aaron Jones, Mattison, Josh Kelley, J Warren, and Justice Hill at RB with Dallas Goedert and LaPorta at TE. Thinking about offering Pierce for Dallas. What do you guys think?

12 team, PPR.
Ended up sending Pierce for Goedert. Our league is on Yahoo and I ran it through their trade evaluator that pops up. Man, does Yahoo sure love Goedert. I doubt he ends up taking it. Hopefully, he will run it through some other sites like I did and that said how much he would be winning that deal. I tried the same deal with Ertz added in and it didn't move the needle much. Then, I put it in with Sanders, then Cook, then Pollard and they all said he was losing the deal, so I gave up trying to please their trade gods. I have a feeling this will be a major cock block in my attempt to trade a decent starting RB to a team that desperately needs one for a solid TE. But I guess we will find out.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest, I sure didn't have a chance to see much of Hunt last year to have an eye test opinion on him. All I've got is that unimpressive 3.9 and ~400yds to go off of.

But I did see pretty much every carry from Ford, and they were not impressive either. Even his big 69 yard run, wa shte result of a mistake on his part. He totally blew the cut back lane, got lucky that the entire defense over ran the play, and then even after getting a block from Watson, the dude Watson blocked, still ran him down. And outside of that one play, he was 15 for 37yds..2.46

Sorry but that doesn't inspire confidence for holding off ANYONE, let alone an established NFL producer, regardless of his recent struggles

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest, I sure didn't have a chance to see much of Hunt last year to have an eye test opinion on him. All I've got is that unimpressive 3.9 and ~400yds to go off of.

But I did see pretty much every carry from Ford, and they were not impressive either. Even his big 69 yard run, wa shte result of a mistake on his part. He totally blew the cut back lane, got lucky that the entire defense over ran the play, and then even after getting a block from Watson, the dude Watson blocked, still ran him down. And outside of that one play, he was 15 for 37yds..2.46

Sorry but that doesn't inspire confidence for holding off ANYONE, let alone an established NFL producer, regardless of his recent struggles
The Pitt run defense also gave up a shit ton to CMac but hard to evaluate when San Fran probably has the best OL and running game in the NFL. You are right, Ford has not looked impressive and that one run was impressive. The only thing is he seems to have that breakaway speed for big gains, how often will that happen is the question? He will see a lot of Ford vs a stout TEN run defense.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pitt run defense also gave up a shit ton to CMac but hard to evaluate when San Fran probably has the best OL and running game in the NFL. You are right, Ford has not looked impressive and that one run was impressive. The only thing is he seems to have that breakaway speed for big gains, how often will that happen is the question? He will see a lot of Ford vs a stout TEN run defense.
If he had that breakaway speed..why didn't he get that last yard instead of getting ran down by a dude who had been blocked out of the play? He didn't look like a big play guy to me :)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had that breakaway speed..why didn't he get that last yard instead of getting ran down by a dude who had been blocked out of the play? He didn't look like a big play guy to me :)
Well looking at the replay he outran the guy that was initially in front of him and broke away by 10-15 yards. DB's were further downfield. I can't see the entire field so not sure exactly. I saw a nice burst and the DB got him by the shoelace. Even just on the receptions and 8 yard gains out of the backfield I saw a nice, quick burst.
I will take that over a slow Hunt and D'Ernest all day. It was still a broken play though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB's were further downfield. I can't see the entire field so not sure exactly. I saw a nice burst and the DB got him by the shoelace.
#37 who barely got him, had to run around Watson's "block", as Ford was running by, and still got him..so Ford was full speed as this dude had been slowed up by Watson, got a 5-7 yard head start, and he still ran him down