• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be this week... but he does not have a good matvhup... he is still a good start IMO... But going forward, i wouldnt be surprised if they make a trade for Cam akers... i would also say Taylor, but i am sure taylor is going to be too expensive...
Why trade for Cam Akers? He'd be no better than #3 behind Ford and Strong.

If they're adding someone, it'll either be a backup level/ depth piece which there's a ton available that wouldn't require a trade, or they'll go sign Hunt/Fournette to committee with Ford...or maybe trade for Penny?

I honestly can't understand this attachment with Cam Akers in the fantasy community.. the dude wasn't great before he tore his achillies, and he can't break 3 ypc since, he's not adding anything to anyone's roster, other than the cost

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Ford the guy in Cleveland now or anybody think they're gonna sign Hunt (or bring someone else in).

I could get Ford in one of my leagues, though I don't really need him (moreso adding him for strength and to prevent others from getting him) but I don't want to burn the waiver if they're gonna bring in someone else.
Hunt is done imo but he knows the offense. I would lean towards Akers (an ex for cheap trade). I would love Taylor but seems too pricey

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they're adding someone, it'll either be a backup level/ depth piece which there's a ton available that wouldn't require a trade, or they'll go sign Hunt/Fournette to committee with Ford...or maybe trade for Penny?

I honestly can't understand this attachment with Cam Akers in the fantasy community.. the dude wasn't great before he tore his achillies, and he can't break 3 ypc since, he's not adding anything to anyone's roster, other than the cost

im not going to pretend i have any clue what happens behind the scenes or why some coaches like some players and not others.... lots of times it seems arbitrary...

The way cam akers went down, makes me think he is not done... But he still needs to be traded... and that is generally more complicated than just saying TEAM A HAS A HOLE, TEAM B HAS THE PLAYER TO FILL THAT HOLE...

But even if it it is Ford and Strong.... they dont have much depth behind them... and lets not announce Ford and Strong as good YET....

I will say they do not have a good matchup next week... so i dont think next week will be a good judgement, unless they do well... But we all know if they dont do well, even vs a tough run defense, the narrative will be how the browns cant run without Chubb...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are the Browns for a reason.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last 4 games of 2022 he averaged 5.5 ypc, 102 rushing yards, 25 yards receiving, and totaled 3 TDs on a pretty barren Rams roster at that point.

He averaged 4.2 ypc for the season in 2022 overall with 7 TDs. Not overwhelming, but decent.

I don't think Hunt happens unless some fences are mended.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 4 games of 2022 he averaged 5.5 ypc, 102 rushing yards, 25 yards receiving, and totaled 3 TDs on a pretty barren Rams roster at that point.

He averaged 4.2 ypc for the season in 2022 overall with 7 TDs. Not overwhelming, but decent.

almost seems like they were showcasing him at the end of a lost season in the hopes that someone would bite in the off-season

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going after Ford in 2 of my leagues (at least). Wondering if I should hedge the bet and try to grab Kareem Hunt, as well. I figure he would be the FA signing if they were to make one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's just words-things change. I mean what if a Taylor trade comes up and he will accept a one-year deal (won't happen). Hunt is now visiting.

And now...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Hunt happens unless some fences are mended.
Well I had to do the math myself...the blurb I had 'quoted' for that stat stated 2.5 ypc since the injury. Going back through the stats, they had a typo..it's 3.5 (and of course i cant find it now).
Collectively, since game #17 of 21, the 21 playoffs, all of 22, and his week 1 of '23, he's 282 for 987 = 3.5

My bad

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut him in my other dynasty league.
He cleared waivers.
Someone added him more than a day later.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I am having a terrible fantasy season so far. Terrible draft strategy this season. And was just wrong about many players. So far.

But. I have also been very unlucky. Here is how unlucky.

I am down 9. I have browns defense and Najee Harris left.

He has Jerome Ford- last minute roster add because he had someone in who got hurt right before game. Forgot who.

I also have Steelers on my bench. I am thinking of starting Steelers over browns. But decide that I had the win if I play safe. As if Harris plays bad, that should mean that browns defense does better than the Steelers defense.

Well what happens?? Jerome ford has a huge game. And I lose. I had the win if ford had his projected 6 points( which was high for him)

But the kicker. If I went with my gut and started Steelers D I would have won.

So not only did Jerome ford beat me. But I watched my decision beat me too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I am having a terrible fantasy season so far. Terrible draft strategy this season. And was just wrong about many players. So far.

But. I have also been very unlucky. Here is how unlucky.

I am down 9. I have browns defense and Najee Harris left.

He has Jerome Ford- last minute roster add because he had someone in who got hurt right before game. Forgot who.

I also have Steelers on my bench. I am thinking of starting Steelers over browns. But decide that I had the win if I play safe. As if Harris plays bad, that should mean that browns defense does better than the Steelers defense.

Well what happens?? Jerome ford has a huge game. And I lose. I had the win if ford had his projected 6 points( which was high for him)

But the kicker. If I went with my gut and started Steelers D I would have won.

So not only did Jerome ford beat me. But I watched my decision beat me too.
You made the right decisions. Watson jerked you off and didn’t let you finish but Ford finished you off.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the right decisions. Watson jerked you off and didn’t let you finish but Ford finished you off.

Yea. I don’t mind making the wrong decision. It had been my MO so far this season. Making stupid decisions( not just hindsight wrong).

But how the hell do you get lucky and get stuck to start Jerome ford???

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I don’t mind making the wrong decision. It had been my MO so far this season. Making stupid decisions( not just hindsight wrong).

But how the hell do you get lucky and get stuck to start Jerome ford???
Don’t beat yourself up. Crazy unlucky

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like 'reality' TV - - it's all about the story man, nothing more, nothing less. .... Anytime you can wear the underdog badge, people love ya.
BTW - the Hunt drumbeat going around seems a bit much - - doesn't anyone remember the Browns let Hunt walk because Ford simply out played him ??

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got Ford and Zach Ertz off waivers. Ertz is now my only TE. Also have Pollard, Pierce, James Cook, Miles Sanders, and Roschon Johnson at RB and we can start 3.

Dude has Aaron Jones, Mattison, Josh Kelley, J Warren, and Justice Hill at RB with Dallas Goedert and LaPorta at TE. Thinking about offering Pierce for Dallas. What do you guys think?

12 team, PPR.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got Ford and Zach Ertz off waivers. Ertz is now my only TE. Also have Pollard, Pierce, James Cook, Miles Sanders, and Roschon Johnson at RB and we can start 3.

Dude has Aaron Jones, Mattison, Josh Kelley, J Warren, and Justice Hill at RB with Dallas Goedert and LaPorta at TE. Thinking about offering Pierce for Dallas. What do you guys think?

12 team, PPR.

no deal for me... I like Ertz enough right now to start... he is being used... no reason to trade a back who will get the volume from his team for a TE that I am not sure is even that much better FANTASY wise than Ertz...

now if you get another player in this deal... then maybe...