• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua.

Seriously?

:what::what::what:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Christian Watson is SO benched for the rest of the season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Golladay...

Mama mama please!

:) :) :)

Kenny Golladay played just two snaps in the Giants' Week 2 win over the Panthers.​

Golladay reportedly cleaned out his locker and was gone before reporters entered the locker room after the game. “It’s a continual competition at receiver,” coach Brian Daboll said. “We are just going to keep rolling guys and play the guys we think are going to give us the best chance — and the other guys have to be ready to go as backups.” Golladay appears to be losing that competition to the likes of David Sills and Richie James. A separation might be the best course of action for both parties, but it will be tough to find any takers on Golladay's contract, and releasing him would cost $31 million in dead cap over the next two seasons. Either way, Golladay is not worth rostering in redraft leagues.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Golladay...

Mama mama please!

Kenny Golladay played just two snaps in the Giants' Week 2 win over the Panthers.​

Golladay reportedly cleaned out his locker and was gone before reporters entered the locker room after the game. “It’s a continual competition at receiver,” coach Brian Daboll said. “We are just going to keep rolling guys and play the guys we think are going to give us the best chance — and the other guys have to be ready to go as backups.” Golladay appears to be losing that competition to the likes of David Sills and Richie James. A separation might be the best course of action for both parties, but it will be tough to find any takers on Golladay's contract, and releasing him would cost $31 million in dead cap over the next two seasons. Either way, Golladay is not worth rostering in redraft leagues.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Golladay...

Mama mama please!

Nice one Chef

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's annoying that guys who you put in your IR slot get "upgraded" to questionable even though there's a strong chance they're still gonna miss games. Just leave their status as out until like Friday so I can get thru waivers without having to do roster gymnastics

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's annoying that guys who you put in your IR slot get "upgraded" to questionable even though there's a strong chance they're still gonna miss games. Just leave their status as out until like Friday so I can get thru waivers without having to do roster gymnastics
If your IR is set to realistic parameters, like, only players actually on IR are eligible, you don't have those issues. No one actually on the IR is ever upgraded to questionable on a Tuesday.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your IR is set to realistic parameters, like, only players actually on IR are eligible, you don't have those issues. No one actually on the IR is ever upgraded to questionable on a Tuesday.

It's whatever is standard on Yahoo. So if a player is listed as Out, you can put them on IR. So like I've got Dobbins and he hasn't played, so I put him on IR which opens up another spot. Sounds like Dobbins isn't gonna play for awhile yet the Ravens still upgraded him to questionable anyway. But the way Yahoo's settings work, since he's "questionable", I can't make any roster moves until I remove him from my IR slot. It's dumb. It should let me keep him in the IR slot as long as I want. Would some people "abuse" it by keeping a healthy player there and hoarding? Sure, but the upside in that is very limited.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's whatever is standard on Yahoo. So if a player is listed as Out, you can put them on IR. So like I've got Dobbins and he hasn't played, so I put him on IR which opens up another spot. Sounds like Dobbins isn't gonna play for awhile yet the Ravens still upgraded him to questionable anyway. But the way Yahoo's settings work, since he's "questionable", I can't make any roster moves until I remove him from my IR slot. It's dumb. It should let me keep him in the IR slot as long as I want. Would some people "abuse" it by keeping a healthy player there and hoarding? Sure, but the upside in that is very limited.
In some people's minds, what you're talking about wanting to do would be considered to be abusing those settings.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some people's minds, what you're talking about wanting to do would be considered to be abusing those settings.
I'm with wildturkey on this.
I am in a few redraft leagues where players designated as "out" can be moved to IR.
If you have a roster with guys who are "questionable" you are stuck wondering if they will be available. At least a player deemed "out" lets you add a 1-week plug-in.
Its not abusing the system if you dont want to jettison your depth or upper-tiered players that are off to a slow start.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with wildturkey on this.
I am in a few redraft leagues where players designated as "out" can be moved to IR.
If you have a roster with guys who are "questionable" you are stuck wondering if they will be available. At least a player deemed "out" lets you add a 1-week plug-in.
Its not abusing the system if you dont want to jettison your depth or upper-tiered players that are off to a slow start.
Oh sure, it's not abusing the system...however...wanting to not have to deal with the complications of using that easy out, is looking/hoping for a way to take advantage of it.
You got the easy out on Sunday, now come Tuesday, make the tough call

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure, it's not abusing the system...however...wanting to not have to deal with the complications of using that easy out, is looking/hoping for a way to take advantage of it.
You got the easy out on Sunday, now come Tuesday, make the tough call
Dont want to speak for @wildturkey but it doesnt help your team if you had a player that was "out" on Sunday, and then Tuesday his status is now "doubtful" or "questionable." Before you can make any claims on Tuesday, you have to drop someone to make room for Mr. Questionable on your active roster.

The irony is it may be the player you picked up for Mr. Q, and may be the player you will want to add again, but because he was thrown back into the player pool, someone else might nab him which means now your depth just took a hit.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont want to speak for @wildturkey but it doesnt help your team if you had a player that was "out" on Sunday, and then Tuesday his status is now "doubtful" or "questionable." Before you can make any claims on Tuesday, you have to drop someone to make room for Mr. Questionable on your active roster.

The irony is it may be the player you picked up for Mr. Q, and may be the player you will want to add again, but because he was thrown back into the player pool, someone else might nab him which means now your depth just took a hit.
Well, the simple answer is to just expand the bench spots by a couple. ....