• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank these QB's
Dak
Lamar
Stafford
Jimmy G
Dalton
kyler murray
Josh allen

Curious

ANd if theres HUGE gaps between some of them please state.

before we laugh, Jimy G aired out, and is in a great offensive scheme, Dalton has back to back 300 yard games and 2 td's WITHOUT AJ green in a new offense, and stafford was always a gun slinger in a down year last year.
My rank of these guys:
Lamar
-gap-
Murray
Dak
-gap-
Jimmy G
Stafford
Dalton
-gap-
Josh Allen

Not sold on Allen at this point but certainly sold on Lamar. Unfortunately I am late to the party and own no stock in Lamar.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton eh.
Honestly, I might have him in a tier in between the others because I think he plays some tough defenses in there and if that run game is doing nothing then I'm a little skeptical. I would have him third, though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak or Lamar I have to trade for. Their owners have brady(yeah he’s gonna go Brady over Lamar) and Mahomes

The others are waiver

But one guy had ben and brees so
He’s definitely firing on waivers

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lamar a lot, but let's wait until he plays a couple of real defenses.

Dak? I was never really a fan, but he's playing lights out this year. Like he wants to show Jerry a thing or two.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your starting bonafied RB2's and WR2's every week too.

Targeting and riding them all game doesn't equate to upper end production, as this week was evidence of. Their ranking goes down not just becuase Bridgewater can't get Thomas the ball, or becuase maybe D's will play the run a little more, but becuase the overall offense takes a massive step down from a HOF QB to a journeyman. its gonna beuch less efficient, fewer sustained drives, fewer plays, fewer points.

No you won't bench them, but you can no longer consider them automatic double digit producers..like most RB2 and WR2's.

I disagree with this. I don't think that's true. There's topics here every week with guys that you'd say are 2s where the person is asking "should I start this guy this week?" For example, Aaron Jones is an RB2. There was a topic last week where most everyone said he should be benched. That would never happen if its Kamara, who is a RB1 and you're starting him regardless

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. I don't think that's true. There's topics here every week with guys that you'd say are 2s where the person is asking "should I start this guy this week?" For example, Aaron Jones is an RB2. There was a topic last week where most everyone said he should be benched. That would never happen if its Kamara, who is a RB1 and you're starting him regardless
Theres a difference between a 2 who has a solid floor and #1 upside, and a 2 that has a weak floor, and virtually zero shot at #1 upside any given week. Kamara sans Brees, has a very solid floor, any given week can toss up 20, could also be below 9..that's a typical, solid floor/high upside 2. Aaron Jones, could be entirely forgotten about any given week, but could possibly get into 15-20 range in the perfect storm..and anyone banking on a Packers RB who isnt on the field in passing situations as their weekly #2, made a mistake

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank these QB's
Dak
Lamar
Stafford
Jimmy G
Dalton
kyler murray
Josh allen

Curious

ANd if theres HUGE gaps between some of them please state.

before we laugh, Jimy G aired out, and is in a great offensive scheme, Dalton has back to back 300 yard games and 2 td's WITHOUT AJ green in a new offense, and stafford was always a gun slinger in a down year last year.

Tough one.. Given what I've seen this year, taking the opponents into account, and recent history, here's mine:

Dak - definitely looks legit, faced better opponents (Miami on deck..look out). Passes are crisp, clean, touch when needed, zip when needed, receivers being hit in stride

Lamar - hard to ignore how really bad of a passer he was just a year ago. Still has many passes end up 5+ yards off target, but is greatly improved. The Phins and Cards don't provide a very accurate measure, but also cannot deny the production thus far.

Gap

Dalton - has a top 5 finish under his belt, so its not like he can't do it. New offense under Taylor looks to be able to produce numbers. Should only get better when Green returns/Mixon is %100. But he's still Andy Dalton

Big gap

Murray - yardage is gonna be there, no way it can't be. TD's need to start being there much more often to be considered in the top. Also hasn't faced a D who coming into the season, was expected to be "really good"
Stafford - safe bottom of the barrel option, likely won't kill you, doubtful he'll win your week.
JimmyG - as much upside as Murray, but an offense built around an exotic run game, not an exotic pass game. Will have big games, will have plenty of duds
Josh Allen - barely more than rushing production. Just can't trust his arm, nor his receiving corp

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one.. Given what I've seen this year, taking the opponents into account, and recent history, here's mine:

Dak - definitely looks legit, faced better opponents (Miami on deck..look out). Passes are crisp, clean, touch when needed, zip when needed, receivers being hit in stride

Lamar - hard to ignore how really bad of a passer he was just a year ago. Still has many passes end up 5+ yards off target, but is greatly improved. The Phins and Cards don't provide a very accurate measure, but also cannot deny the production thus far.

Gap

Dalton - has a top 5 finish under his belt, so its not like he can't do it. New offense under Taylor looks to be able to produce numbers. Should only get better when Green returns/Mixon is %100. But he's still Andy Dalton

Big gap

Murray - yardage is gonna be there, no way it can't be. TD's need to start being there much more often to be considered in the top. Also hasn't faced a D who coming into the season, was expected to be "really good"
Stafford - safe bottom of the barrel option, likely won't kill you, doubtful he'll win your week.
JimmyG - as much upside as Murray, but an offense built around an exotic run game, not an exotic pass game. Will have big games, will have plenty of duds
Josh Allen - barely more than rushing production. Just can't trust his arm, nor his receiving corp
pretty much agree, i acnt believe im targeting dalton on waivers..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may actually keep cam and add two qb's dalton and brisset..........brisset's next three are juicy ATL, Oak, KC

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jones is now the starting QB for the Giants.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may actually keep cam and add two qb's dalton and brisset..........brisset's next three are juicy ATL, Oak, KC

I just cut Cam and it feels great. The guy is done. Yeah I love that he’s thrown like 90 passes in the first two games but 20% of them had no chance of being caught because they were so terribly inaccurate. I don’t think he wants to play anymore. He’s unstartable at this point, IMO.

I really like Brissett and am planning on adding him.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continual rolling waivers

I’ve never played with continual rolling waivers before but that’s how my league is set this year. Any of you guys have advice for it?

I plan on adding Brissett as a backup QB (primarily for an upcoming bye week start but I like his overall potential.) Anyway, I suspect he won’t be claimed on waivers so I’m not going to put in a waiver claim and will hopefully climb up the rankings in case there is a major injury any time soon. Good strategy?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continual rolling waivers

I’ve never played with continual rolling waivers before but that’s how my league is set this year. Any of you guys have advice for it?

I plan on adding Brissett as a backup QB (primarily for an upcoming bye week start but I like his overall potential.) Anyway, I suspect he won’t be claimed on waivers so I’m not going to put in a waiver claim and will hopefully climb up the rankings in case there is a major injury any time soon. Good strategy?
With Ben out, Brees out for awhile, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him get claimed. No idea what else is available, but theres at least two teams (maybe you're one of em?) that likely need a QB, and Brisset may very well be more attractive than Rudolph, Bridgewater, Jones etc..

As far as the rolling waivers..I friggin hate em. Gotta hold back to move up the order, while potential league winners slip by, or put in the claim and if you get it, sit at the bottom again for weeks. And, once you get to the top, IF you get to the top, you'll watch guys go by that might be helpful but you're frozen by wether or not their "worth" the top waiver claim. Yes it adds a big element if strategy, and its preferable to most, and if you can recognize players a week or so before they go off, you can get em for free and still climb the waiver order, but you gotta have a lot of faith in your decision making.

My best advice is, if theres a player that you think fits your team's needs, and if the slightest possibility he may be in demand, you put that claim in. Outside if that, be willing to roll the dice on that guy you think is about to go off, or perhaps take the starters job, a week or two early, grab him after the waiver period for free. You may miss, but the hits are worth it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cut Cam and it feels great. The guy is done. Yeah I love that he’s thrown like 90 passes in the first two games but 20% of them had no chance of being caught because they were so terribly inaccurate. I don’t think he wants to play anymore. He’s unstartable at this point, IMO.

I really like Brissett and am planning on adding him.
20% is a pretty conservative estimate, I'd be willing to say %50

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ben out, Brees out for awhile, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him get claimed. No idea what else is available, but theres at least two teams (maybe you're one of em?) that likely need a QB, and Brisset may very well be more attractive than Rudolph, Bridgewater, Jones etc..

As far as the rolling waivers..I friggin hate em. Gotta hold back to move up the order, while potential league winners slip by, or put in the claim and if you get it, sit at the bottom again for weeks. And, once you get to the top, IF you get to the top, you'll watch guys go by that might be helpful but you're frozen by wether or not their "worth" the top waiver claim. Yes it adds a big element if strategy, and its preferable to most, and if you can recognize players a week or so before they go off, you can get em for free and still climb the waiver order, but you gotta have a lot of faith in your decision making.

My best advice is, if theres a player that you think fits your team's needs, and if the slightest possibility he may be in demand, you put that claim in. Outside if that, be willing to roll the dice on that guy you think is about to go off, or perhaps take the starters job, a week or two early, grab him after the waiver period for free. You may miss, but the hits are worth it

Thanks for the advice. Trying to get used to it.

Brissett would only be my backup so I don’t care that much about landing him. If he is claimed, I’ll go for someone else.

Roethlisberger isn’t the starter for the team who has him. Debatable whether they’ll put in a claim for Brissett but they’re also above me on the waiver order.

The team with Brees has no backup but I don’t think they’ll go with Brissett. There are some decent QBs available other than Brissett.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction.

Eli gets traded to the Bears. Takes over on Halloween after the Bears look in the mirror and shake their heads for jumping Watson and Mahomes for Trooby Doo. And beats Tom Brady in February again.

What a movie!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli gets traded to the Bears.
:think: would love to bash this idea. But after Ryan Pace thought Mike Glennon was the answer... and then Troobie-doo.... it would not surprise me at this point.

Heck, with Miami cleaning house, maybe Fitz will be headed up here?

:sigh:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: would love to bash this idea. But after Ryan Pace thought Mike Glennon was the answer... and then Troobie-doo.... it would not surprise me at this point.
Heck, with Miami cleaning house, maybe Fitz will be headed up here?
:sigh:
Well, if Fitz went there you could bank on at least 3-4 awesome games and a sh*t storm in the others. ...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick ONE to start in the flex spot:

Duke Johnson
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Courtland Sutton
Deebo Samuel