• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also never knew that no receiver in a marty Schottenheimer O has had 1k receiving yards since 2007!

Also, that the seahawks threw the ball the least amount of times by a team since 2013

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also never knew that no receiver in a marty Schottenheimer O has had 1k receiving yards since 2007!

Also, that the seahawks threw the ball the least amount of times by a team since 2013
Meh, Lockett just missed a 1000 yards last year with 965 yards with limited targets. He's passing that mark this season.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy how good TY hilton has been

Including his rookie year hes averaged

72 receptions, 1157 yards, 5.7 TD's per year

and missed 4 games total in his career

Didnt think he was that good

Saw this on another forum

Not including Hiltons rookie year

With Luck 86 catches/1367 yard pace

Without Luck 60 catches/982 yard pace

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on another forum

Not including Hiltons rookie year

With Luck 86 catches/1367 yard pace

Without Luck 60 catches/982 yard pace
i dont think thats entirely fair but yah.......another way though is hilton was literall 33% of brissett's output, if brissett is even marginally better......

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McClains Texan info is usually spot on, but they are probably talking with Ajayi

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Mahomes last year in my auction league $1.
A friend sent me this:
Image-1.jpg

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth picking up Ajai incase he signs with someone? Not many decent RB's on the waiver wire in my league, 14 teams, would be dropping Damien Harris.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Kalen ball age or Kenyan drake hold
Any value.
same, but they didnt trust drake last year for some reason, and ballage looks awful.

odd because drake was decent the year before
The Miami RB depth chart is thin.
Drake and Ballage seem to be all they have.
There are rumors floating out there that Miami is using Drake as part of the package to acquire Clowney. (And Houston could use a RB.)
If the rumor is true, I think it speaks volumes as to how they view Drake and Ballage.

I agree, Ballage has not been good in preseason.
Both the HC Flores and OC O'Shea come from the Hoodie coaching tree.
That tree stresses a balanced offense.
Bad part is neither have called plays.
Good or bad, the Fins will run the ball.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Drake and Ballage quite a little more than I do a tandem like P. Barber/Ronnie Jones, but that ain't saying much. Drake is safer, wether he's in Houston or stays in Miami, but regardless, it'll be a straight up committee approach, even if Ballage ends up "alone" in Miami, theres still Gaskin, and anyone else they bring in off the street that could easily be just as good, or good enough to force the issue, or maybe even outright take his role.
Both Miami and TB are situations to avoid if possible, but both are better than a zero at RB any given week.

I would bump Drake up into the lowest tier of RB2 types if he is dealt to Houston, but hell still be splitting with Duke.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Drake and Ballage quite a little more than I do a tandem like P. Barber/Ronnie Jones, but that ain't saying much. Drake is safer, wether he's in Houston or stays in Miami, but regardless, it'll be a straight up committee approach, even if Ballage ends up "alone" in Miami, theres still Gaskin, and anyone else they bring in off the street that could easily be just as good, or good enough to force the issue, or maybe even outright take his role.
Both Miami and TB are situations to avoid if possible, but both are better than a zero at RB any given week.

I would bump Drake up into the lowest tier of RB2 types if he is dealt to Houston, but hell still be splitting with Duke.

not sure i'm buying the Clowney/Drake trade rumors, just doesn't seem like it makes sense for Miami - they aren't 1 pass rusher away from competing with Patriots, seems foolish to deal players or picks during a rebuild, but you never know in today's NFL, lots more deal getting done than there was in the past.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure i'm buying the Clowney/Drake trade rumors, just doesn't seem like it makes sense for Miami - they aren't 1 pass rusher away from competing with Patriots, seems foolish to deal players or picks during a rebuild, but you never know in today's NFL, lots more deal getting done than there was in the past.
I agree with the above. Not a good idea for the Dolphins ( that has never stop them in the pass) and doesn't seem like Clowney wants to go there.
Eagles and Seahawks have shown interest and are on his list of preferred team to get traded to. Not sure how I feel about the the Seahawks trading for him. They could use him for sure, but seems like it would cost to much.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the above. Not a good idea for the Dolphins ( that has never stop them in the pass) and doesn't seem like Clowney wants to go there.
Eagles and Seahawks have shown interest and are on his list of preferred team to get traded to. Not sure how I feel about the the Seahawks trading for him. They could use him for sure, but seems like it would cost to much.

right - i find it hard to believe he gets dealt anyway, this late in the season.
No one is giving up a starting LT (HOU's in need of one) this late in the preseaon/with the regular season right around the corner.
and why would he leave HOU and go to a bottom dweller?
that doesn't make sense at all, but we'll see.

either way, my top 2 DST for week 1 are Seattle (v bungles) and Philly (v skins), both would be even better plays if they add Clowney

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The #Texans have discussed a Jadeveon Clowney trade with five teams – #Dolphins, #Eagles, #Seahawks, #Jets and #Redskins – but the most significant talks have been with Miami, per @AaronWilson_NFL.” - “The #Texans have discussed a Jadeveon Clowney trade with five teams – #Dolphins, #Eagles, #Seahawks, #Jets and #Redskins – but the most significant talks have been with Miami, per @AaronWilson_NFL.”
Interesting
Drake, J. Howard, Penny? Carson?, AP, any of em could be a Texan at any given moment. No idea who the hell they'd get from the Jets, they can't fit Bell in with the cap, and the Jets don't have anyone else.

I think the Trent Williams/AP deal makes the most football sense, but doesn't really solve either team's issues of signing the players