• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down to 6 this year. I may opt out of a 2QB league I'm in with friends to bring it down to 5. But he teased me that he may convert that league to a dynasty league with full IDP. I'd stay for that one.
Does that include suicide league?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I started - or I should say I attempted- to start ranking players last night.

After Kamara, EE, Gordon, Barkley and CMAC, I trusted no one. Maybe Mixon who I put 6th.

So I shifted gears and jumped over to the WR. Same situation. After the first 3 or 4 which did not include ODB and AB, it was a mess.

Needless to say I gave up.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I started - or I should say I attempted- to start ranking players last night.

After Kamara, EE, Gordon, Barkley and CMAC, I trusted no one. Maybe Mixon who I put 6th.

So I shifted gears and jumped over to the WR. Same situation. After the first 3 or 4 which did not include ODB and AB, it was a mess.

tenor (2).gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

David Johnson you can trust.
Evans you can trust.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I did put DJohn ahead of Mixon.
theres a lot of good reason for optimism on mixon, he would of been a round 1 and probabyl higher back if not for his issues. Talent was never a question. Cincy comitted to him being a bellcow last year, they didnt bring in any real comp. He produced with crap last year..........

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres a lot of good reason for optimism on mixon, he would of been a round 1 and probabyl higher back if not for his issues. Talent was never a question. Cincy comitted to him being a bellcow last year, they didnt bring in any real comp. He produced with crap last year..........
I usually rank with my spreadsheet with all of the stats ... And Mixon quietly averaged over 100 yards per game. Not too many RB did that.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy needs to fix their OL before I put Mixon in with that other group.
He needs to keep his head on straight too, which he has so far as a pro

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy needs to fix their OL before I put Mixon in with that other group.
He needs to keep his head on straight too, which he has so far as a pro
I don't remember his issues? Care to remind Me?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually rank with my spreadsheet with all of the stats ... And Mixon quietly averaged over 100 yards per game. Not too many RB did that.
thats what im saying, and look at the depleted talent on O he had last year. He woulda been a very high RB pick had he not had character issues, his talent was never in doubt

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember his issues? Care to remind Me?
tenor.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the fantasy implication of below. .... studs sitting against the weaker teams (cause it won't be against the tough ones), potential anytime during the season. ...... ughhhh
According to Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal, NFL owners have proposed an 18-game regular season with a caveat that no player would be allowed to compete in more than 16 games.

The NFLPA has been reluctant to stretch the regular season beyond its current 16-game schedule due to injury concerns, but putting a cap on how many games a player can suit up for would be a fair compromise. Per Beaton, extending the regular season by two games could increase league revenue by $2.5 billion while potentially adding $15 million to each team's salary cap. Choosing when to sit players would also add an interesting layer to coaching decisions. It's unclear how much (if any) traction this idea has, but it's not the worst idea the NFL has ever come up with.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the fantasy implication of below. .... studs sitting against the weaker teams (cause it won't be against the tough ones), potential anytime during the season. ...... ughhhh
According to Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal, NFL owners have proposed an 18-game regular season with a caveat that no player would be allowed to compete in more than 16 games.

The NFLPA has been reluctant to stretch the regular season beyond its current 16-game schedule due to injury concerns, but putting a cap on how many games a player can suit up for would be a fair compromise. Per Beaton, extending the regular season by two games could increase league revenue by $2.5 billion while potentially adding $15 million to each team's salary cap. Choosing when to sit players would also add an interesting layer to coaching decisions. It's unclear how much (if any) traction this idea has, but it's not the worst idea the NFL has ever come up with.
Crazy stupid idea IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 forced games a year with backup QBs.

That would be terrible for the NFL brand.

If this extended to kickers then fans might riot. Nobody wants backup kickers playing

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh... Doesn't sound too bad to me. Honestly its the same thing is turning 2 preseason games into ones that matter. Extend the roster limits from 53 to 75 for the first two weeks, play weeks one and two with the backups, cut the roster back down to 53 (or don't, why not?), and your starters get the 16.
Pros and cons for sure, and personally, I could take it or leave it. But, here's the cool thing. This estimates 2.5 billion in additional revenue for owners, that's a MASSIVE bargaining chip for the NFLPA. They could get who knows what in the next CBA if they use this as a negotiation. Let the owners have their 2.5 billion, we get "legal" weed, and no more autonomy for the commissioner's office, suspensions or any other disciplinary actions go through a true third party, not set by commish, reviewed by commish and appealed to commish. Maybe they could push for fully guaranteed contracts, a revision, or elimination, of the franchise tag, who knows? When that kind of cabbage is on the table, it could yield some serious results.

Honestly, would two more meaningful games really upset any of us??