• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams trade Bradford

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned how much I like Johnny Football! (TM)

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team is dumb enough to trade for him with his enormous salary. Maybe the Raiders would do this if Al Davis was still alive.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trading Bradford, but only if we can get value for him. Certainly not a few mid-round picks and swapping firsts with the Vikings. Look what some of these other loser QBs got--I think Bradford is at least on the level of that paper mache arm Alex Smith.

So everybody would now be happy with trading Bradford for beans and then drafting an unknown commodity and a HUGE risk in Manziel? If that's the case might as well also have the players sit on their helmets because we're getting horned right up the wazoo....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trading Bradford, but only if we can get value for him. Certainly not a few mid-round picks and swapping firsts with the Vikings. Look what some of these other loser QBs got--I think Bradford is at least on the level of that paper mache arm Alex Smith.

So everybody would now be happy with trading Bradford for beans and then drafting an unknown commodity and a HUGE risk in Manziel? If that's the case might as well also have the players sit on their helmets because we're getting horned right up the wazoo....
I mostly agree with this...

But what is the plan going forward this year? Who do you draft to replace him and are you even willing to go with a rookie QB because we have nobody else on our roster I would want starting at QB while the rookie gets up to speed.

So with that said, I can wait and see what this year brings for Sam and the Rams. Besides that I like next year's QB's coming into the league a lot better than this year's crops.

We can always trade up to get our guy in 2015 or hope the late round QB we draft this year is the guy....

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always trade up to get our guy in 2015...
I'm not so sure about that. The Texans, Jaguars and Raiders look like they might postpone their QB search for another year and who knows how many teams will be looking for a QB next year. Winston also doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed....it might just be tank for Mariotta next year.

If you're a GM, this has to be the year you make a call on Bradford. He is either Snead's guy or he isn't.

The success rate on late round QBs is something like 2 for 60 or something equally grotesque.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. The Texans, Jaguars and Raiders look like they might postpone their QB search for another year and who knows how many teams will be looking for a QB next year. Winston also doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed....it might just be tank for Mariotta next year.

If you're a GM, this has to be the year you make a call on Bradford. He is either Snead's guy or he isn't.

The success rate on late round QBs is something like 2 for 60 or something equally grotesque.

...and the team has been saying ad nauseum that Bradford is their guy. Over and over and over...

Dumping him this year will basically throw this season away in terms of playoff chances. Manziel is not a pro-offense ready QB. He barely ran an offense at Texas A&M.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is the success rate measured? :noidea:

I have no idea, however in the last decade (give or take a year) 2 QB's have started in Superbowl's who were undrafted (Warner/Delhomme) and 4 were picked in rounds 3-4-6 (Wilson/Gannon/Brady). Now I will concede 7 were 1st rounders (Peyton/Eli/Flaco/Rodgers/Roethlisberger/Grossman/McNabb) but still those odds don't seem overwhelming and nothing near 2 for 60.

Besides, this is such a deep draft and as you point out some may postpone until next year so even the QB's will slide this year. So who knows Mettenberger or McCarron maybe even Murray can be that guy in round three or four. With enough talent around any of these guys, they could be starting in a Superbowl.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Jameis or Marriotta in a hot minute. Just make sure Jameis has an all you can eat crab leg card - paid for! Haha

But I think there is some talent at QB in this draft. I will stick with Bridgewater and Taj Boyd as a sleeper. 1 or 2 QBs are going to surprise a lot of people in their rookie year this coming season.

Murray no thank u. Mettenburger is a project with no speed to avoid a rush. McCarron I'm not sold on yet but I would take him over the other 2. I think one of these west coast QBs might surprise in the NFL.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:We know Bradford is the Rams QB this year, there are some guys to draft behind him for projects if nothing else. Nothing at the top of this draft at QB does a thing for me or the Rams. Just my opinion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the success rate measured? :noidea:

I have no idea, however in the last decade (give or take a year) 2 QB's have started in Superbowl's who were undrafted (Warner/Delhomme) and 4 were picked in rounds 3-4-6 (Wilson/Gannon/Brady). Now I will concede 7 were 1st rounders (Peyton/Eli/Flaco/Rodgers/Roethlisberger/Grossman/McNabb) but still those odds don't seem overwhelming and nothing near 2 for 60.

Besides, this is such a deep draft and as you point out some may postpone until next year so even the QB's will slide this year. So who knows Mettenberger or McCarron maybe even Murray can be that guy in round three or four. With enough talent around any of these guys, they could be starting in a Superbowl.
The theory was thrown around by former Bears GM who says that only Foles and Wilson have been any good after the 2nd round since 2006 which I think is somewhere around 2 for 60.

Each draft is different, though.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Clayton's two recent posts.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with that said, I can wait and see what this year brings for Sam and the Rams. Besides that I like next year's QB's coming into the league a lot better than this year's crops.

We can always trade up to get our guy in 2015 or hope the late round QB we draft this year is the guy....

I sure as hell would not mind seeing a competition between say Aaron Murray and Brett Hundley if Sam falters (which by the way, I do not think he will, just saying!!)

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Jameis or Marriotta in a hot minute. Just make sure Jameis has an all you can eat crab leg card - paid for! Haha

dont forget to buy some ladies for him to