• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick amazing teammates with every big play, performance - Jim Trotter - SI.com

Some look at the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Kaepernick and see athlete. He has the strong arm, the quick feet and the ability to turn convert disastrous into dynamic in the blink of an eye. But he also has the football intellect to be successful. On multiple occasions he has come to the line and spotted alignments that got the 49ers out of bad situations and into successful ones.

"One time early in the game (against the Saints) a certain protection was called, but he alerted him to something that caused the protection to be changed and we got the first down," Goodwin said. "He did things like that last week too. He knows what to do and is on top of things. That says a lot. Most of the time these young guys come into the league and they're all over the place."

Hey Tobers - I think the above epitomizes why I feel he is at Smith's level mentally - I'm sure [hope] Smith can do the same stuff but for a 1 and 2 game starter this is damn impressive brother.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick to start

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fascinating how quickly twitter blew-up the moment Harbaugh made the announcement

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Colin Kaepernick amazing teammates with every big play, performance - Jim Trotter - SI.com

Some look at the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Kaepernick and see athlete. He has the strong arm, the quick feet and the ability to turn convert disastrous into dynamic in the blink of an eye. But he also has the football intellect to be successful. On multiple occasions he has come to the line and spotted alignments that got the 49ers out of bad situations and into successful ones.

"One time early in the game (against the Saints) a certain protection was called, but he alerted him to something that caused the protection to be changed and we got the first down," Goodwin said. "He did things like that last week too. He knows what to do and is on top of things. That says a lot. Most of the time these young guys come into the league and they're all over the place."

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this part:

But now Kaepernick was in a hostile environment and matched against a desperate opponent seeking its fifth win in six games, with a quarterback who's one of the game's best closers. The roar inside the dome was deafening as he took the snap in the shotgun, but not so loud that running back Frank Gore couldn't hear what Kaepernick barked as he released a pass that sailed down the right seam before landing behind the linebackers and in front of the safeties for a 25-yard gain to tight end Delanie Walker.

"Yeah! You motherf----rs!" he said.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Poz!!:bump2: and everyone else! The 49ers shouldn't take the Rams to lightly like they did the first game! I hope they have their focus! If they do Smith might see some QB time to keep the rust off! Go 49ers!!

The 49ers are one messed up team right now - so I agree, we'll need every bit of our focus to come out of StL with a victory.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Poz!!:bump2: and everyone else! The 49ers shouldn't take the Rams to lightly like they did the first game! I hope they have their focus! If they do Smith might see some QB time to keep the rust off! Go 49ers!!

agree about taking anybody lightly come Sundays, but after the tie game they'll be focused.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the defense at least is going to come ready to play. That had to be the most embarrassing performance they've had in the Harbaugh era so I think they'll play extra motivated this go around.

Also I felt we would've won that game if either Smith or CK played the entire game. We just started to get things going before Smith went out and CK didn't really get settled until later on in the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the defense at least is going to come ready to play. That had to be the most embarrassing performance they've had in the Harbaugh era so I think they'll play extra motivated this go around.

Also I felt we would've won that game if either Smith or CK played the entire game. We just started to get things going before Smith went out and CK didn't really get settled until later on in the game.

agree.

last time they seemed to have played to the level of their competition? so now that they know the Rams can play, they'll have that chip on their shoulder mentality.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree about taking anybody lightly come Sundays, but after the tie game they'll be focused.

which they have been with or without Kaep as their primary reason....

Defense definitely woke up and improve since the first half of the STL game.