• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people properly use the "could not care less," it's like music to my ears compared to the opposite, which is just too illogical for even me (and the fact people repeat what they hear, even if it's incorrect). Plus, some have tried to justify the reverse by incorrectly interchanging the word irony for sarcasm.

At least explain the inferred conjunction - but? Or the unanswered question - how much less?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people properly use the "could not care less," it's like music to my ears compared to the opposite, which is just too illogical for even me (and the fact people repeat what they hear, even if it's incorrect). Plus, some have tried to justify the reverse by incorrectly interchanging the word irony for sarcasm.

But, see, they could say they are being idiomatic.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, see, they could say they are being idiomatic.

I suppose being wrong could be natural to a native speaker. ;) (See definition below)

Definition of Indiomatic

Or were you using a pun - idiot + automatic = idiomatic? :dhd:

I'm only kidding, but I could care less about whether people use it incorrectly. (I don't actually think people who use that are idiots.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least explain the inferred conjunction - but? Or the unanswered question - how much less?

Haha, I rarely actually laugh out loud, but that was funny because that's what I think. "I could care less, but I don't."

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose being wrong could be natural to a native speaker. ;) (See definition below)

Definition of Indiomatic

Or were you using a pun - idiot + automatic = idiomatic? :dhd:

I'm only kidding, but I could care less about whether people use it incorrectly. (I don't actually think people who use that are idiots.)

:popsnoidea:

lol thanks for the definition of the word.

Yes, I was/am being facetious, but because my mother was an English graduate student, I found joy in being a literary troll while growing up a product of San Francisco's school system.

Momma didn't raise no fool...

edit: but pot helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Sando:

49ers' NaVorro Bowman ($10,000) and Dashon Goldson ($7875) fined for penalties against Rams