• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His answer makes alot more sense now that I see what the question was. It doesn't sound as inflammatory as it did the way I saw it presented from everybody else.

Can QB Alex Smith win this job back, other than what Colin is doing? Are there steps in practice that he can get this job back?

“Alex is not out of this. We feel like Alex is, we’ve said it before, he’s one of our guys, he’s won us a lot of football games and he’ll be preparing himself to play in each of these games every single week. That’s what his mindset has to be, as if he was the starting quarterback. So that’s what we expect and I know Alex and that’s what he’ll do.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More accountability:

Is that drilled into him to make sure on a situation like that not to pitch it because you’ll expose the ball?

“Like I said, the greatest share of this responsibility is on me on that particular play for letting that play get called in when you got those different options with four minutes left in the game.”

But you didn’t call the play, you just allowed it to go in? Is that correct?
“Yeah, that’s correct and I take responsibility for that.”

You’re still on the walkie talkie to the quarterback?
“[Yes].”

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/03/refo-49ers-rams-week-13/

Stand Out D

Ten members of the 49ers’ defense graded in the green for this game, so singling any out for praise is tough work, but there were a couple of standouts that do deserve some credit. Chris Culliver had another excellent game as he looks to prove he is one of the league’s brightest up and coming corners. He was targeted seven times and allowed just four catches for 28 yards. He showed excellent coverage on both deep shots and short passes, where he was able to pull a ball out in the process of making a tackle that saved a first down on a quick slant. Culliver was arguably the best performer on that defense, but Carlos Rogers and Justin Smith were consistently making plays too.

----------

]

Geez, with how some talk about Culliver on here I thought he was a Mike Rumph reincarnation. Funny that he continues to keep grading out well.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Geez, with how some talk about Culliver on here I thought he was a Mike Rumph reincarnation. Funny that he continues to keep grading out well.

It's really only Bingo who bashes him. And that's because bingo has a hard on for Janoris Jenkins.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Be careful. Bingo may take that statement as you saying he's > than Revis. No offense, Bingo. :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading Pozz's exerpts with the questions, it seems like the media is tired even more so of Harbaugh's non-answers that they are now phrasing the questions in a leading way, like they are guessing what he's going to say. I'm sure there's an element of this with most coaches, but with Harbaugh it makes more sense. Examples:

"Were those some mistakes that Kaepernick made specifically or would you just say that, offensively, there were mistakes, in those two situations, the safety and the touchdown?" - In other words, I know you would say it was a team mitake if I said it was Kaep's.

"You resisted talking about long range, but was some of the decision to go with Colin, at least in these two games, that he’s growing and he’s going to be so much better maybe even by January? Was that part of this?"

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still can't get over this loss

haaa.

had hoped the 49ers would go 5-1 against the West, 4-2 at worse. but didn't think any of those losses would be to the Rams. ugh!

it is a good thing they're not in position for the West, cause they'd have the tie breaker. along these lines, we must beat Seattle.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF Team of Week 13

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/04/pff-team-of-week-13/

Linebackers: Von Miller, DEN (+7.1), Jo Lonn Dunbar, SL (+4.7) and James Laurinaitis, SL (+3.3)

How about that Miller? He added five more quarterback disruptions to his season tally, took an interception back for six and added some fine work in the run game. All in a day’s work. Dunbar did most of his good work in the run game, and ended the day with 10 tackles and seven defensive stops. Joining him is his Rams teammate who also had a big tackling day with 10 defensive stops. They were both all over the field

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF 'Had a Bad Day' Team of Week 13

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/04/pff-had-a-bad-day-team-of-week-13/

Defensive Tackle: Kendall Langford, SL (-5.1) and Randy Starks, MIA (-4.1)

It hasn’t quite worked out for Langford so far as a Ram, with the 49ers interior line getting the better of him. Starks poor day versus the Patriots continues his disappointing second half of the year after such a fine start to the season.

---

Cornerbacks: Janoris Jenkins, SL (-3.7) and Leonard Johnson, (-3.2)

An all rookie duo with Jenkins having some problems against the 49ers, allowing 9-of-11 balls into his coverage for 74 yards. Johnson was flagged for two penalties and gave up a touchdown. Not great for either man.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF Team of Week 13

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/04/pff-team-of-week-13/

Linebackers: Von Miller, DEN (+7.1), Jo Lonn Dunbar, SL (+4.7) and James Laurinaitis, SL (+3.3)

How about that Miller? He added five more quarterback disruptions to his season tally, took an interception back for six and added some fine work in the run game. All in a day’s work. Dunbar did most of his good work in the run game, and ended the day with 10 tackles and seven defensive stops. Joining him is his Rams teammate who also had a big tackling day with 10 defensive stops. They were both all over the field

Damn, you're still on PFF. Let me see some numbers on Janoris and I will help you twist the facts like you love doing.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whoa. Whoa. WHOA! WHOAAAAA! I never, ever, EVER said Culliver was anywhere near top 5 among CBs. Please tell me you're messing with me because that's a lie.

And now that I think about it, I highly doubt Imac compared him to Rodgers. That doesn't sound like Imac at all. Now I strongly believe you're making stuff up.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn, you're still on PFF. Let me see some numbers on Janoris and I will help you twist the facts like you love doing.

I asked you for your facts and you didn't show me anything to suggest he's playing very well?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James just tweeted the wait is over.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Funny that you would point those TWO plays out. Nice job. Did you see how awful those passes were? 3 of the other 5 other balls that came into his direction that day were off target. Fortunate for the Rams that they were because he was out of position on 2 of those.

What about Jeff Fisher calling him out for gambling too much and not being a disciplined player?

What about giving up the 6th most receptions in the NFL this season for the 8th most yards?

What about giving up the 2nd most TDs so far this season (1 behind 4 other players)?

What about having one of the 10 worst QB ratings when QBs target him?

What about having BY FAR the most missed tackles by a starting DB this season?

What about 6 out of the previous 9 games before that one where he graded out terribly in coverage, according to 3 different grading sites? Are they all wrong?

I will admit, however, like I did the other day, that in the 49ers game the coaches seemed to put him in some bad spots where it was easy for the 49ers to take advantage of the room underneath against him. I will give you that one.

This whole thing is getting utterly ridiculous, Bingo.