• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers' Walker expecting Alex Smith to start Sunday

Come on Walker, you had one of your best games with CK as your QB.

On the Mike and Mike show they were talking about how Davis' comments sounded like he was lead to believe Alex was going to start, not that he thought Alex should. I think Kaepernick is going to get the nod, but there's going to be a lot of smoothing words said in the press conference. I hope he doesn't try what something like what they said with the WR spot saying that they don't label players as starters or backups. If you play one guy first and he takes the vast majority of the snaps, if not all, he's the starter and you have chosen one over the other. My guess is that he'll emphasize that he looks game to game, but it'll be clear he means the remainder of the season. He'll definitely say "team" a lot and talk about needing both and it being a hard decision. "Not doing anything to lose his job" will either be a reason stated for Smith or an attempt to empathyze with him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be rather "disappointed" if Kap gets booted back to #2..... I'm ready to move on.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jim have a press conference today? And if so when is it

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter this morning that on Sunday night the 49ers flew back to San Francisco and didn't land until 1 in the morning. The players were given Monday off. As some 49ers employees pulled up to the team's facility at 8 a.m. the next morning, 7 hours after landing, they noticed somebody on the field with 50-lb plates attached to his back running sprint after sprint. That player? Colin Kaepernick.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter this morning that on Sunday night the 49ers flew back to San Francisco and didn't land until 1 in the morning. The players were given Monday off. As some 49ers employees pulled up to the team's facility at 8 a.m. the next morning, 7 hours after landing, they noticed somebody on the field with 50-lb plates attached to his back running sprint after sprint. That player? Colin Kaepernick.

I get a kick out of reading stories like that. I wish I had that kind of work ethic!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Straight baller right there!

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wins. Where is Alex Smith? Probably sleeping in his bed. And he didn't even play the day before

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wins. Where is Alex Smith? Probably sleeping in his bed. And he didn't even play the day before

This isn't fair. One of the only things people can't really criticize Smith for is his work ethic, character, etc. Alex when he was a backup to Hill spent his bye week working with Crabtree who just signed; Fast forward a year, Troy spent his bye week after starting one game at home being faxed the playbook/gameplan. Yes, Smith lives in the area, but he could have relaxed, you know, being the backup.

Praise Kaepernick without sticking it to Smith. I'll say it again, it is possible for Kaep to be better than someone else who does well, tries hard, etc. There doesn't need to be exaggeration to say Kaep > Smith.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
49ers' Walker expecting Alex Smith to start Sunday

Come on Walker, you had one of your best games with CK as your QB.

Misleading title by CSN there because Walker is basically saying he thinks Alex might start but he doesn't have any idea.

I would be shocked if Kaepernick isn't the starter from now on because Harbaugh could've already nipped it in the bud and said "Alex is our starter when healthy". Instead of going with the hot hand comments and we have two starting QB etc.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick amazing teammates with every big play, performance - Jim Trotter - SI.com

Some look at the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Kaepernick and see athlete. He has the strong arm, the quick feet and the ability to turn convert disastrous into dynamic in the blink of an eye. But he also has the football intellect to be successful. On multiple occasions he has come to the line and spotted alignments that got the 49ers out of bad situations and into successful ones.

"One time early in the game (against the Saints) a certain protection was called, but he alerted him to something that caused the protection to be changed and we got the first down," Goodwin said. "He did things like that last week too. He knows what to do and is on top of things. That says a lot. Most of the time these young guys come into the league and they're all over the place."