• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRows is hearing the Hunter injury is serious.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if Hall helps give the D a better prep for Amendola? Just a thought I had. Smaller, quick, slot type.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should put Cox on Danny Boy. I think he could match up well. If not Cox Brown or anyone not named Carlos Rodgers.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Nov. 26

You mentioned that Alex hasn’t done anything to lose his job. How understanding are you of his situation? He was 13-3 last year, went to the playoffs, then 7-2, gets hurt and then doesn’t start. How much of your feelings go to him in this situation?

“The position that you’re in, I understand that part of it. I understand the position that you’re in because you’re asked - the guys will be hammered. You’ll go to Colin, you’ll go to Alex, should you be the starter and he’s got no good answer for you. He says, ‘yes I should be the starter,’ and we’re talking about either one of them, ‘yes I should be the starter.’ Then you look like you’re just building yourself up. And if you say no, then they hammer you, you don’t think you should be the starter. And then the people that say, so called subject matter experts that talk about, you should be making a fuss about it or a stink about it, shouldn’t be that accommodating. Sends the completely wrong message to me, for any young athlete that’s out there or high school athlete or quarterback, where their coach is trying to tell them it’s about the team and it’s about us all working together. So, that one gets me upset. That’s not what our two guys are about. They’re great team guys, they’re great example guys and we need them both. The other thing I don’t relate to is, the situation that they’re in because both have played extremely well. Not to delve back into my own personal history, but who’s going to start at quarterback this week, my experience has been, both guys were struggling. Myself and somebody else were struggling at the time and it’s like who’s struggling less, we’ll start them this week. This is a unique situation to my own experience because both have played extremely well.”

I like that he went there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mindi Bach:

49ers TE Delanie Walker suffered a hip bruise in Sunday's game. Walking without limp or assistance today

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Sando:

Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa get the call for Fox on 49ers-Rams in Week 13. Fox's No. 2 crew.

I hate listening to Albert.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers still have an open roster spot after busy day of transactions

Neither Colin Kaepernick nor Alex Smith was made available to reporters today. Jim Harbaugh is expected on Wednesday to announce who will start Sunday's game in St. Louis (if word doesn't leak out before then).

No matter the decision, Gore vowed it won't affect the unity inside the 49ers locker room. "We're all as one," he said. "If it's Alex, we're going to be behind Alex. If it's Kap, we're going to be behind Kap."

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers still have an open roster spot after busy day of transactions

Neither Colin Kaepernick nor Alex Smith was made available to reporters today. Jim Harbaugh is expected on Wednesday to announce who will start Sunday's game in St. Louis (if word doesn't leak out before then).

No matter the decision, Gore vowed it won't affect the unity inside the 49ers locker room. "We're all as one," he said. "If it's Alex, we're going to be behind Alex. If it's Kap, we're going to be behind Kap."

"...Hunter was second on the team in rushing behind Frank Gore. Those backup carries promise to be divided among several runners, including Brandon Jacobs, Anthony Dixon and rookie LaMichael James, who is similar to Jacobs in stature. James has yet to play a snap this season; Jacobs has only one carry..."

I wonder if the writer meant Hunter instead of Jacobs...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go crazy. I want to know already. And I will only be happy one way

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick was the 49ers QB that was on with the Rams beat writers on the conference call today. Some have assumed that that is a sign that Kaepernick will be the starting QB, but I don't know if that's necessarily a sign.

It's possible the Rams beat writers requested to speak to Kaepernick and the 49ers obliged. It's possible the 49ers put him in that spot for another reason.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick was the 49ers QB that was on with the Rams beat writers on the conference call today. Some have assumed that that is a sign that Kaepernick will be the starting QB, but I don't know if that's necessarily a sign.

It's possible the Rams beat writers requested to speak to Kaepernick and the 49ers obliged. It's possible the 49ers put him in that spot for another reason.

Do you have a link to that call?