• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams D

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D lineman and our Secondary are our strengths on D going into the Covid-19-based 2020 season. That is a given. What is questionable is the LB corp. Here is a good article to give everyone a capsule of the competition at inside LB. Littleton was the only good inside LB that left. Outside, we lost Fowler and Matthews but we have a better selection there. Here is the Inside LB story for this year.

Analysis: Previewing the position battle at inside linebacker

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the LB corp weakness has become a focal point for McVay and company as the Rams re-signed LB Daniel Bituli, who was with the Rams back in April and was waived. The Rams also signed LB Derrick Moncrief. Two players in, two had to go. The Rams waived LB Bryan London and QB Josh Love. Bryce Perkins now holds down QB #3 spot. The Rams were hot for Corey Weaver waived by the Dolphins but Cleveland landed Weaver due to a worse Win-Loss record from last year. McVay is not pleased with the LB corp and they are looking for options. Should have found a way to keep Littleton before that idea surfaced.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 vs The Cowboys at Home....

In a nutshell, I was surprised they did as well for the most part against this tenured and explosive Boys offensive. Many weapons with Dak, Zeke, Amare, Gallup and that talented Boys Offensive Line.

The run stops vs Zeke and company was impressive most of the night, save the first TD by Zeke where he embarrassed the 4 Rams LB's and CB's on the dump off to the RB for the TD...

Between that play, the 2 minute defensive drill in the first half, I give Staley a C grade on Defense.

Giving up only 3 points in the second half will normally grade out as a solid A-. but in this case, it was on a (Tainted) turnover in Rams territory, so Staley gets an A grade on Defense for the second half.

What a second defensive half it was too, in a tight ball game we saw Staley adjustment from his mistakes from the close of the first half playing it completely opposite. Aggressive, and not afraid. Good thing Ramsey is such a good actor, LOL.....

None the less it panned out, so I give Staley and his defense in Game 1 a pretty awesome grade of B+/A-, I know that doenst' equate combining a C and an A, but I give more weight to a near second half shut out to a powerful offense in a tight contest for the second half.. Them my rule, so if you don't like it, deal with it. LOL

Well, that's my take on Game 1, so let me know what you think Rams fans........

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley looks to be the real deal, he made the right half time adjustments and his squad allowed 1 third down conversion and 1 field goal in the second half of the game. Now why I see why McVay likes him. I always contested that this defense has the potential to be a top 10 defense and game one was a good measuring stick.

Fuller made the play of the game, a great veteran play made by a rookie. The Rams keep up good drafting even without 1st round picks for years.

Jachari Polite only played one snap but he made the most of it with a good qb pressure for an almost strip of the football. Like to see him get more snaps.

Kiser wasn't too bad at all, some good tackles and two pass deflections. Need more time to see what he can do.

Floyd was a solid free agent pick up, a qb hit, a sack, tfl, some pressures.

Like seeing the Brockers of old out there, he seems to be a forgotten man, made some good plays.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D really could use the big road grader Robinson they signed from Detroit. We still suffer from lapses covering the run like the Dallas drive after the half. Unfortunately, we will not see him on the field for another 5 weeks or so. Joseph-Day is doing a pretty good job and Gaines is iffy for now, but that run defense is just not there yet. Yea, it is only week one, so we could see some improvement.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D really could use the big road grader Robinson they signed from Detroit. We still suffer from lapses covering the run like the Dallas drive after the half. Unfortunately, we will not see him on the field for another 5 weeks or so. Joseph-Day is doing a pretty good job and Gaines is iffy for now, but that run defense is just not there yet. Yea, it is only week one, so we could see some improvement.
i didn't see the game due to an early hangover that put me down past 11 lol.... I saw the stateline that Zeke still had about 100, i like Day as a rotational piece but not a long term solution at NT, didn't he grade out pretty terribly from PFF last year at like a 60 something? IF that's the case then what is the story with Gains? Wasn't he drafted to be the road grader?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't see the game due to an early hangover that put me down past 11 lol.... I saw the stateline that Zeke still had about 100, i like Day as a rotational piece but not a long term solution at NT, didn't he grade out pretty terribly from PFF last year at like a 60 something? IF that's the case then what is the story with Gains? Wasn't he drafted to be the road grader?
Gaines didn't even play, he must not be progressing as fast as they hoped.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you all about Kiser. He needs to work on sideline to sideline but he’s gonna be good against the run up the middle.

;)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okro also had a good game and quietly, when he was in there, Polite really played well. This latter dude has come along way to get to where Staley is playing him now. What a story.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you all about Kiser. He needs to work on sideline to sideline but he’s gonna be good against the run up the middle.

;)
What???

SJ????

giphy.gif

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I thought this Staley dude was a wisp of a coach when McVay first hired him but I am beginning to see this guy might be the defensive equivalent of genius boy we have for a HC.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone explain the reason we need sampson ebukam again ???