• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Ram are expected to name Rob Boras their full-time offensive coordinator.

Rapoport adds that nothing is official as of now, and the Rams are still interviewing other passing-game coordinator candidates.

Boras was promoted to offensive coordinator back in December after the Rams fired Frank Cignetti Jr.

There has been a good amount of turnover at offensive coordinator for the Rams in recent years Boras, 45, began his NFL coaching career with the Bears back in 2004. He had a brief stint with the Jaguars before the Rams hired him as their tight ends coach in 2012.

It will be interesting to see what he’s able to do with the opportunity, especially considering that they will likely be in the market for a new quarterback in the coming months.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what he’s able to do with the opportunity, especially considering that they will likely be in the market for a new quarterback in the coming months.
:L Cue Coug with the youknowwho talk. :lol:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Gurley Named 2015 PFWA Offensive Rookie of the Year: Comments, Reaction
Matt
Fitzgerald
Jan 19, 2016[/paste:font]
Comments
The Pro Football Writers of America named Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley its Offensive Rookie of the Year on Tuesday.

The PFWA announced the news, which comes as little surprise considering the huge impact Gurley had in his maiden year as a pro.

Gurley was selected 10th overall in the 2015 NFL draft despite coming off a torn ACL. After missing the first two games and barely playing in the third, the 21-year-old phenom proceeded to carry the Rams offense, finishing with 1,106 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. He also had 21 receptions for 188 yards.

Even Gurley's transcendent efforts couldn't mask the overarching issue that has plagued the Rams for years. Their lack of a viable solution at the quarterback position once again kept the team out of the playoffs.

crop_exact_full_image.jpe

With the franchise moving back to Los Angeles and Gurley entering the 2016 season fully healthy, barring any unforeseen setbacks, there's reason to be optimistic about the future. As long as Gurley is in the backfield, the Rams ought to at least be competitive.

The NFC West is an extremely tough division, with Seattle and Arizona comprising four of the Rams' 16 games. They actually went 4-2 in the division this past season, yet still finished with a 7-9 overall mark.

Los Angeles holds the 15th overall pick in the upcoming draft. It still needs a franchise passer after averaging a league-low 175.3 passing yards per contest. Former undrafted free-agent Case Keenum and Nick Foles don't appear to be up to the task as long-term solutions.

One can only imagine what Gurley could do with a competent passing attack to complement him. Although he exceeded many expectations as a rookie, look for Gurley to be even more impressive in his second season and to perhaps emerge as the best back in all of football.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Havenstein was the real deal the day the Rams drafted him. Havenstein plays the same position as the guy in my avatar back-in-the-day and with just the same veracity. Although Big Bob Brown was meaner than a hungry badger, give Havenstein another year with Boudreau and I guarantee you we will be seeing the re-incarnation of Big Bob Brown at RT. Now, maybe the Rams will strike gold twice by drafting his buddy and teammate at Wisconsin Dan Voltz who is another sure bet!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast SE. The article you quoted has been updated by recent events. Boras is one of the candidates for the "open" OC position. Fisher and Snead are now wanting to interview Pat Shurmur who has been in Philly for a possible return as the OC. Along with DeFilippo from Cleveland, there appears to be three candidates in play: Boras, Shurmur, and DeFilippo. Just like last year, people are coming in for interviews and no one has been named yet.

Report: Rams considering Shurmur as offensive coordinator

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast SE. The article you quoted has been updated by recent events. Boras is one of the candidates for the "open" OC position. Fisher and Snead are now wanting to interview Pat Shurmur who has been in Philly for a possible return as the OC. Along with DeFilippo from Cleveland, there appears to be three candidates in play: Boras, Shurmur, and DeFilippo. Just like last year, people are coming in for interviews and no one has been named yet.

Yep, stupid report. Next day I see reports about DeFlippo, now today Shurmur. Who do we want out of those three?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boras went what, 4-1 or 4-2 with Keenum. He got the most out of the offense and he called some pretty good games. We know what Shurmur is going to bring: ding and dunk. DeFilippo is the unknown. We don't need more unknowns. Go with Boras IMO.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pat Shurmur you say?

Ahum! Could this be the beginning of the trail that brings YOUKNOWWHO back at QB? :lol:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Shurmur you say?

Ahum! Could this be the beginning of the trail that brings YOUKNOWWHO back at QB? :lol:

We can only dream, and in youknowwhos case, it would be a wet dream!

I'm almost(?) at the point where I would rather he return here to either finally succeed or finally go away? If he were to ever truly succeed I guess I would rather he do it for us than someone elese? I don't see it, but weider things have happened!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the report is Boras will stay OC and Shurmur will be passing game coordinator, which basically means if Boras screws up, Shurmur takes over as OC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only dream, and in youknowwhos case, it would be a wet dream!

I'm almost(?) at the point where I would rather he return here to either finally succeed or finally go away? If he were to ever truly succeed I guess I would rather he do it for us than someone elese? I don't see it, but weider things have happened!
Smed, were you drunk when you posted this or did coug steal your account info? :lol:

No, I get what you are saying. I think Pat is the best OC for YOUKNOWWHO, so it could be a fit. I just wonder how Pat would fit into Jeff Fisher scheme or if Jeff Fisher would actually let Pat just do his job the way Pat sees fit?

I'm not exactly on board the Boras train just yet, I'll support him should he get the job, but let's look at his actual performance.

Rob went 3-1 in the 4 games he called. Not bad, but OC's are a lot like QB's in regards to DC's getting a fix on how they call games, and he didn't exactly lite it up in the process, he barely won two of those three games.

Of those last 4 games, Rob had one good game, and that was against 6-10 Tampa, where our offense scored 31 points.

That's still pretty good, we should be beating 6-10 teams, putting up 30+ points like that, but then you look at the one loss and it's to 5-11 San Fran.:L where he only managed to put up 16 points!

In the other two wins, Rob's offense put up 14 points against 7-9 Detroit and 17 points against 10-6 Seattle.

Our Defense won us both of those games, plain and simple. We gave up 14 to Detroit and 17 to Seattle and if the defense doesn't score vs Seattle, we lose by 1!

So I'm not overly impressed with Rob Boras

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Vita. If Shurmur stays, he could bring back YOUKNOWWHO or may be he'll be the fire that is needed to turn Foles' career around. It'll be interesting to see how Boras and Shurmur work together. I am sure Cougie will be back soon when he gets wind of this!

Didn't take long for Snisher to abandon DeFilippo. Cleveland has some bad juju. Nobody wants to go there and everyone that does doesn't hang around long.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the report is Boras will stay OC and Shurmur will be passing game coordinator, which basically means if Boras screws up, Shurmur takes over as OC.

Well Snisher had to replace Jeff Garcia who they cut loose. Looks as though Shurmur is the guy. Makes sense in a way, SE.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Shurmur you say?

Unlikely, unless the Eagles get cheap. Apparently Pederson wants to retain HeWhoShallNotBeNamed.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed, were you drunk when you posted this or did coug steal your account info? :lol:

No, I get what you are saying. I think Pat is the best OC for YOUKNOWWHO, so it could be a fit. I just wonder how Pat would fit into Jeff Fisher scheme or if Jeff Fisher would actually let Pat just do his job the way Pat sees fit?

I'm not exactly on board the Boras train just yet, I'll support him should he get the job, but let's look at his actual performance.

Rob went 3-1 in the 4 games he called. Not bad, but OC's are a lot like QB's in regards to DC's getting a fix on how they call games, and he didn't exactly lite it up in the process, he barely won two of those three games.

Of those last 4 games, Rob had one good game, and that was against 6-10 Tampa, where our offense scored 31 points.

That's still pretty good, we should be beating 6-10 teams, putting up 30+ points like that, but then you look at the one loss and it's to 5-11 San Fran.:L where he only managed to put up 16 points!

In the other two wins, Rob's offense put up 14 points against 7-9 Detroit and 17 points against 10-6 Seattle.

Our Defense won us both of those games, plain and simple. We gave up 14 to Detroit and 17 to Seattle and if the defense doesn't score vs Seattle, we lose by 1!

So I'm not overly impressed with Rob Boras

What, drunk? Well, maybe a little, I don't think he would be the answer, but like I said, "if" and I think that's a pretty big "if" he ever did become better than average it would be nice if he would do it for us? We all know I don't like him, but I think it's just made worse by Cougs crazy praise!
I wanted him to succeed while he was here, I want us to be winners, but that just didnt happen while he was here, was it all his fault, absolutely not, but I do think his ineffectiveness and injuries held us back for years, I think we stuck with his "potential" for to long!

As far as Boras, I agree with you, some on here thought he did a good job at the end of the year, but I didn't see much more from our offense than I saw all year, it was minimal, and even that might have just been poor defensive play by our opponents? I think we are picking from the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Shurmer and Delflippo, Shumer did nothing when he was here and he moved onto Cleveland and did nothing there, not sure how much input he had in Philly with Kelly at the controls, but they did not use their running backs effectively, and whatshisname put up a lot of garbage time stats as far as I'm concerned?
Clevelands offense wasn't very good either, but we were looking at their OC? Ya, those options aren't good, but than again, not sure there are many options out there to begin with?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SOB!! WTF??? Back to the dink and dunk show?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Boras' play calling.

How hard is it to pound the football and not get carried away with the passing game? Holy Hay-zeus the Rams just want to make things harder on themselves by getting cute with this $h!t