• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SJ76. Keep Boras and bring in ding and dunk master for what? Boras is the guy who is on the verge of opening this offense up a little. We finished the season with the fewest TDs scored by the pass and the first thing Fisher wants to do is slow it down even more with the ding-and-dunk master. Geez, the decision-making of Fisher boggles the imagination most of the time!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Caroll refused to talk about his future after the playoff loss to the Panthers, Rumors have already started about him being the next head coach of the Rams. Take it for what it's worth.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Caroll refused to talk about his future after the playoff loss to the Panthers, Rumors have already started about him being the next head coach of the Rams. Take it for what it's worth.
Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SJ76. Keep Boras and bring in ding and dunk master for what? Boras is the guy who is on the verge of opening this offense up a little. We finished the season with the fewest TDs scored by the pass and the first thing Fisher wants to do is slow it down even more with the ding-and-dunk master. Geez, the decision-making of Fisher boggles the imagination most of the time!

I actually liked the balance of his play calling. He got Gurley the ball, Tavon the ball some, and even Britt was making plays. Cook as well.

The game he lost, we benched Gurley right? Last game vs 49ers?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked the balance of his play calling. He got Gurley the ball, Tavon the ball some, and even Britt was making plays. Cook as well.

The game he lost, we benched Gurley right? Last game vs 49ers?
Three games of 14, 17 & 16!

I really shouldn't need to say more than that, but since I already pointed that out just a few post ago, I guess I need to.

SJ, Rob's offense did get 31 point vs Tampa, but trust me, that was the exception because it was freaking Tampa!

We Rams fans shouldn't have to settle for mediocrity just because Boras didn't suck quite as bad as Cignetti sucked!

Again, Boras' offense put up 14 vs sucking Detroit, 17 vs 10-6 Seattle and 16 vs sucking San Fran!

That is a sucking 15.67 points a game in those three, and if you add in the game vs sucking Tampa, he averaged 19.5!

19.5!!

That pencils out to 312 points in the season. Not one team over .500 came close to that low of a point total, but a few teams with the worst records in the NFL did!

Man we are conditioned to accepting some bullshit as fans and think it's actually good! :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three games of 14, 17 & 16!

I really shouldn't need to say more than that, but since I already pointed that out just a few post ago, I guess I need to.

SJ, Rob's offense did get 31 point vs Tampa, but trust me, that was the exception because it was freaking Tampa!

We Rams fans shouldn't have to settle for mediocrity just because Boras didn't suck quite as bad as Cignetti sucked!

Again, Boras' offense put up 14 vs sucking Detroit, 17 vs 10-6 Seattle and 16 vs sucking San Fran!

That is a sucking 15.67 points a game in those three, and if you add in the game vs sucking Tampa, he averaged 19.5!

19.5!!

That pencils out to 312 points in the season. Not one team over .500 came close to that low of a point total, but a few teams with the worst records in the NFL did!

Man we are conditioned to accepting some bullshit as fans and think it's actually good! :L

Ok so no love for Tampa or Detroit (won 6 of their last 8 - only lost to GB on a hail mary and the Rams) who practically had Green Bay's number twice, @ Seattle (who won 6 of their last 7 - lost to Rams) and @ San Fran with no Gurley. I'd say those numbers are about par for the course, if not better.

What do you want him to do, pull some playmakers out his a$$?

I'll take 19.5 against those 4 with this offense. What OC has done better? Who's out there that you want and then we can start all over AGAIN?

SO this guy went 3-1 and the only loss was with no Gurley and that's accepting some BS? C'mon man you know me better than that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so no love for Tampa or Detroit (won 6 of their last 8 - only lost to GB on a hail mary and the Rams) who practically had Green Bay's number twice, @ Seattle (who won 6 of their last 7 - lost to Rams) and @ San Fran with no Gurley. I'd say those numbers are about par for the course, if not better.

What do you want him to do, pull some playmakers out his a$$?

I'll take 19.5 against those 4 with this offense. What OC has done better? Who's out there that you want and then we can start all over AGAIN?

SO this guy went 3-1 and the only loss was with no Gurley and that's accepting some BS? C'mon man you know me better than that.
You are settling brother!

If you somehow found a way to 'like' this effort by Rob then you have settled.

We have a hell of a defense and you are giving way too much credit to those team wins to the offense, when in fact you know if we didn't hold those team to 14, 23, 17 & 19 respectively, plus get a defensive TD in the Seattle game, we lose all but the Tampa game and Rob goes 1-3 instead of 3-1.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are settling brother!

If you somehow found a way to 'like' this effort by Rob then you have settled.

We have a hell of a defense and you are giving way too much credit to those team wins to the offense, when in fact you know if we didn't hold those team to 14, 23, 17 & 19 respectively, plus get a defensive TD in the Seattle game, we lose all but the Tampa game and Rob goes 1-3 instead of 3-1.

I'm giving credit to the entire team for the wins. The 1 loss - look at the offensive personnel on the field that day. It's not like we had San Fran out matched with that offense. I almost think the Rams threw that game and hurt San Fran's draft position. Why bench Gurley? I'm glad they lost that game, otherwise we may be drafting at #20 instead of #15.

Settling:

- Scored 31 on Tampa for a W
- One of 2 teams to beat Detroit in their last 8 games, the other was Green Bay that won on a hailmary
- Only team to beat Seattle in their last 7 games and it was @ seattle.. I don't care if the score is 3-0, a win in Seattle is stout.
- Lost to San Fran on the road without their Pro bowl RB and Case Keenum at QB and Benny Cunningham at RB -- who's getting first down for this offense?

Like I said, who's done better than 3-1? Who do you want that's out there? Shurmur? Are you expecting the GSOT or something?

Like I said, I liked the guys play calling.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree SJ76. If he continues with his play-calling, this offense may just get better. What's Shurmur going to do to make it any better, Vita? Dink and Dunk us to death. Yea, I know, the Philly offense put up some points total that were way better but you have often stated that our offense is very young. Sooo, what is Shurmur going to do better than Boras?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree SJ76. If he continues with his play-calling, this offense may just get better. What's Shurmur going to do to make it any better, Vita? Dink and Dunk us to death. Yea, I know, the Philly offense put up some points total that were way better but you have often stated that our offense is very young. Sooo, what is Shurmur going to do better than Boras?

Philly got beat 45-14 by that Detroit team before we took the Lions down.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving credit to the entire team for the wins. The 1 loss - look at the offensive personnel on the field that day. It's not like we had San Fran out matched with that offense. I almost think the Rams threw that game and hurt San Fran's draft position. Why bench Gurley? I'm glad they lost that game, otherwise we may be drafting at #20 instead of #15.

Settling:

- Scored 31 on Tampa for a W
- One of 2 teams to beat Detroit in their last 8 games, the other was Green Bay that won on a hailmary
- Only team to beat Seattle in their last 7 games and it was @ seattle.. I don't care if the score is 3-0, a win in Seattle is stout.
- Lost to San Fran on the road without their Pro bowl RB and Case Keenum at QB and Benny Cunningham at RB -- who's getting first down for this offense?

Like I said, who's done better than 3-1? Who do you want that's out there? Shurmur? Are you expecting the GSOT or something?

Like I said, I liked the guys play calling.
Cignetti's offense put up 27 on Seattle (Not counting that ST TD), 24 on the Cards in Arizona and had that 3-1 stretch vs Arizona, Green Bay, Cleveland and San Fran, scoring a 21.25 average and still got fired mid season. And it was rightly so, because his next 5 games, his offense scored an average of 10.8 per game in that stretch.

Prior to that five game stretch that got him fired, the Rams scored an average of 19.29 points a game in his first twelve games. Now what was Rob Boras average in his four game stretch? Oh yeah, 19.5

Like I said earlier, defensive coordinators begin to figure out new offensive coordinators after they've called more than a few games.

If you can't see the parallels, than I don't know what else to say, except you settlin bro!

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cignetti's offense put up 27 on Seattle (Not counting that ST TD), 24 on the Cards in Arizona and had that 3-1 stretch vs Arizona, Green Bay, Cleveland and San Fran, scoring a 21.25 average and still got fired mid season. And it was rightly so, because his next 5 games, his offense scored an average of 10.8 per game in that stretch.

Prior to that five game stretch that got him fired, the Rams scored an average of 19.29 points a game in his first twelve games. Now what was Rob Boras average for his four game winning stretch? Oh yeah, 19.5

Like I said earlier, defensive coordinators begin to figure out new offensive coordinators after they've called more than a few games.

If you can't see the parallels, than I don't know what else to say, except you settlin bro!

You're gonna lead off with Rams Seattle week 1? The week after preseason? That's your parallel? I can see the numbers, but we all know defenses are a little behind at the beginning of the season. Seattle D in week 1 is not Seattle D late in the season. And you can find a stretch of any team during the season and say they went 3-1 and did this.. Pretty sure after the Rams beat Seattle in week 16, they thumped AZ in week 17. It's all about how you finish and playing good football late in the season.

I didn't like Cignetti's play calling and haven't liked any Rams OC's play calling for years. And yes many DC's figure out OC's after they seen a few games, but an offense with actual playmakers + balanced play-calling makes it a lot more difficult on DCs.

It wasn't like the Rams changed the playbook either. I just saw Boras open it up a bit more with the running game, Tavon's X-factor, play action and going deep. He called a balanced game for what he had to work with. Was he Mike Martz? No.

What parallels? That we went 3-1 and lost the only game without our best offensive weapon?

So again, who has done better record wise? Who do you want?

:nutswing:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly against the guy, I did in fact say this earlier in the thread...

I'm not exactly on board the Boras train just yet, I'll support him should he get the job, but let's look at his actual performance.
Who knows Retro, as you said, it may get better. Key word is 'may', if he gets the job, let's hope so.

You ask, what's Shurmur going to do? Well, just take a look at what he did with Nick Foles in 2013...

• Pro Bowl (2013)
    Pro Bowl Offensive MVP (2013)
  • NFL Passer rating leader (2013)
    Pro Bowl (201
  • 2× NFC Offensive Player of the Week
    (Week 6, 2013; Week 9, 2013)
  • 2× FedEx Air Player of the Week (Week 6, 2013, Week 9, 2013)
  • NFC Player of the Month (November 2013)
  • 60th Perfect Game in NFL History
    (November 3, 2013 vs. Oakland Raiders)
NFL Records
  • 7 touchdown passes, single-game (Tied)
  • 27:2 TD-INT ratio, regular season
  • 152.8 passer rating in a calendar month (November 2013)

This is the same guy who got benched under Frank Cignetti a guy who has put up very similar numbers as Rob Boras.

Also, gave YOUKNOWWHO his best season and OROY in 2010.

Imagine what he might be able to do with a couple of stars like Gurley and Austin?

Oh, and I have said that the Rams team is young in 2014 but not in 2015, not once. We will be putting out probably the most veteran offense in a long time, even with a handful of 2nd year guys starting.

I'm not saying that Pat is the guy either but if I had a choice between the two, I go with Pat every time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather move forward with Boras than bring back Shurmur (and I'd prefer an upgrade over both).

I don't want Shurmur's dink and dunk, and I don't want him approximating Chip's offense either (fast pace over ball control would hurt the running game and the defense). If you give Shurmur credit for Foles in 2013, you have to ding him for Foles in 2014. Besides, Foles isn't the long term answer IMO, so why base your passing game around familiarity with Foles? Fisher already stated Keenum will start the year as starting QB.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna lead off with Rams Seattle week 1? The week after preseason? That's your parallel? I can see the numbers, but we all know defenses are a little behind at the beginning of the season. Seattle D in week 1 is not Seattle D late in the season. And you can find a stretch of any team during the season and say they went 3-1 and did this.. Pretty sure after the Rams beat Seattle in week 16, they thumped AZ in week 17. It's all about how you finish and playing good football late in the season.

I didn't like Cignetti's play calling and haven't liked any Rams OC's play calling for years. And yes many DC's figure out OC's after they seen a few games, but an offense with actual playmakers + balanced play-calling makes it a lot more difficult on DCs.

It wasn't like the Rams changed the playbook either. I just saw Boras open it up a bit more with the running game, Tavon's X-factor, play action and going deep. He called a balanced game for what he had to work with. Was he Mike Martz? No.

What parallels? That we went 3-1 and lost the only game without our best offensive weapon?

So again, who has done better record wise? Who do you want?

:nutswing:
Boras had the benefit of a much more mobile QB in Case, so let's not forget to factor this...

The parallels are they both have scored about 19 points in their 3-1 stretch if we don't subtract defensive TD's and ST TD's. (I believe that favors Rob).

Rob had the better QB in Case and IMO utilized Tavon much better as well. I didn't like Frank's play calling either, but the point is, our defense played better during Rob's 4 games than they did overall for Frank's 12 games and we shouldn't discount that.

During that 5 game losing streak, the Rams defense gave up 37, 31 and 27 to the Bears, the Bengals and the Cards respectively.

The point is, we are not always going to play teams that don't make the playoffs. Rob got lucky in that regard, in his 4 game stretch, he only faced one playoff team in Seattle and our defense was stellar (Really only giving up 10 points if you don't count that garbage TD with under 30 seconds to play) Even then that TD wouldn't have been a garbage TD if our defensive didn't score a TD of their own, it would have been the go ahead TD and we lose that one.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather move forward with Boras than bring back Shurmur (and I'd prefer an upgrade over both).

I don't want Shurmur's dink and dunk, and I don't want him approximating Chip's offense either (fast pace over ball control would hurt the running game and the defense). If you give Shurmur credit for Foles in 2013, you have to ding him for Foles in 2014. Besides, Foles isn't the long term answer IMO, so why base your passing game around familiarity with Foles? Fisher already stated Keenum will start the year as starting QB.
Just saying he is QB friendly, (I also cited Sam Bradford in 2010).

What could he do with Case?

What could he do with Gurley, and Tavon? Maybe he can get something out of Cook?

You are right about the Kelly pace of the game though shops, but it would be nice to see a quicker pace every once in awhile, especially when the game gets short and you are down a couple of scores.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boras had the benefit of a much more mobile QB in Case, so let's not forget to factor this...

The parallels are they both have scored about 19 points in their 3-1 stretch if we don't subtract defensive TD's and ST TD's. (I believe that favors Rob).

Rob had the better QB in Case and IMO utilized Tavon much better as well. I didn't like Frank's play calling either, but the point is, our defense played better during Rob's 4 games than they did overall for Frank's 12 games and we shouldn't discount that.

During that 5 game losing streak, the Rams defense gave up 37, 31 and 27 to the Bears, the Bengals and the Cards respectively.

The point is, we are not always going to play teams that don't make the playoffs. Rob got lucky in that regard, in his 4 game stretch, he only faced one playoff team in Seattle and our defense was stellar (Really only giving up 10 points if you don't count that garbage TD with under 30 seconds to play) Even then that TD wouldn't have been a garbage TD if our defensive didn't score a TD of their own, it would have been the go ahead TD and we lose that one.

We just gonna have to agree to disagree. I've got too much to do today and Oil is rebounding to $29!!!

bliss.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just gonna have to agree to disagree. I've got too much to do today and Oil is rebounding to $29!!!

View attachment 79852
I don't think we disagree too much, I'm not totally against Rob Boras, just think we could open it up. After all the dude isn't too comfortable out there, it was reported that Rob threw up 4 times prior to calling his first game for the Rams.... LOL

So SJ you wanted options, maybe we look at Lane Kiffin, Mike Bobo, Bill Callahan, Ryan Day, or even Doug Marrone.

I think Bobo is interesting, paring Gurley up with his old OC at Georgia? (And the fact that he currently is a Ram at Colorado State too has gotta be a sign! LOL)

I think Lane would be great, he is an outstanding OC and would be a good fit in Fisher's system. (Also it blows up San Francisco's Chip Kelly in his attempt to acquire Lane, ya gotta love that!) As well, Lane has strong ties to the Los Angeles area.

Well you asked for options, there they are... Pick away! (When you are done making all that green of course!)

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we disagree too much, I'm not totally against Rob Boras, just think we could open it up. After all the dude isn't too comfortable out there, it was reported that Rob threw up 4 times prior to calling his first game for the Rams.... LOL

So SJ you wanted options, maybe we look at Lane Kiffin, Mike Bobo, Bill Callahan, Ryan Day, or even Doug Marrone.

I think Bobo is interesting, paring Gurley up with his old OC at Georgia? (And the fact that he currently is a Ram at Colorado State too has gotta be a sign! LOL)

I think Lane would be great, he is an outstanding OC and would be a good fit in Fisher's system. (Also it blows up San Francisco's Chip Kelly in his attempt to acquire Lane, ya gotta love that!) As well, Lane has strong ties to the Los Angeles area.

Well you asked for options, there they are... Pick away! (When you are done making all that green of course!)

See and I love that he threw up. Guy was jacked! Lane Kiffin I thought was going to Georgia to coach but I'm not sure where I heard that..