• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Vita, I don't think our offense looked much better with Boras at the helm. I also said that the options we Were looking at in Boras, shurmer, and Flippo, are not good options! We were fortunate to beat TB, our D gave up over 350 yards passing to a rookie QB, they also gave up over 350 yards passing to Blaine flipping Gabbert! Gurley busted a few big plays, that's what he does, we also had a few other big plays with Austin, that's exactly what we had from them in other games early on in the year.

We may have caught these teams late in the year playing their one bad game, a four game stretch doesn't really say much about what someone can or can't do?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to ask the question... what OC wants to come here with Keenum as his QB option?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to ask the question... what OC wants to come here with Keenum as his QB option?
Since 'here' is now Los Angeles, I'd say Lane Kiffin!

I'm sure Lane is well aware of Case's abilities too, as he was the USC HC when Case was putting up all those great numbers at the UofH.

(Geez, I was the guy who learned to hate LK too at the time, as he was the USC HC, and I made many a joke at his expense during that time too!)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. Rams announce over 45,000 season ticket deposits in 2 days

LOS ANGELES -- The Rams say they have collected over 45,000 season ticket deposits in just two days for their upcoming return next season to Los Angeles.

The Rams announced the results of their initial season ticket push Wednesday night.

The refundable deposits entitle fans to a spot in a virtual waiting line to purchase up to eight season tickets apiece for the Rams' first season back at the Coliseum after 21 years in St. Louis.

The deposits also entitle fans to a spot on the waiting list for season tickets at the palatial Inglewood stadium currently being built by Rams owner Stan Kroenke. The stadium is projected to open in 2019.

The Rams plan to continue the deposit campaign through Feb. 8.

The nation's second-largest market, Los Angeles has been without an NFL team since 1994.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Vitamike

what's up with the UCLA guy wanting a former USC coach? :kiffin:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Vitamike

what's up with the UCLA guy wanting a former USC coach? :kiffin:
I wont be the first or the last.

Just off the top of my head, Rick Neuheisel (UCLA) hired Norm Chow (USC) a few years back, and recently Jim Mora (UCLA) hired Marques Tuiasosopo (USC) :cool2:

I'm sure there are many more examples and no doubt it goes both ways, just because of recruiting and all.

As far as Kiffin goes, I think he wasn't ready to be the Raiders HC nor USC's HC, loved it when he was though. I do think he is a talented OC and we would do well to not only get him but to keep him away from Chip in San Fran.

Notice I didn't say Steve Sarkasian? :tongue:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be the first or the last.

Just off the top of my head, Rick Neuheisel (UCLA) hired Norm Chow (USC) a few years back, and recently Jim Mora (UCLA) hired Marques Tuiasosopo (USC) :cool2:

I'm sure there are many more examples and no doubt it goes both ways, just because of recruiting and all.

As far as Kiffin goes, I think he wasn't ready to be the Raiders HC nor USC's HC, loved it when he was though. I do think he is a talented OC and we would do well to not only get him but to keep him away from Chip in San Fran.

Notice I didn't say Steve Sarkasian? :tongue:

I think I would give Kiffin a shot before Shurmer, as with Bradford, we have already gone that route and it didn't work

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams' All-Time 53-Man Roster
By Frank "Dubs" Dobozy@Bozy1313 on Jan 21, 2016, 12:06p 210

Jack_Youngblood_1976.0.0.jpg
The Rams have a rich history, dating back to their origins as the Cleveland Rams in 1936. Many great players have worn the horns over the last 80 years. They're honored here on the Rams' All-Time 53-Man Roster.

The first two weeks of 2016 were action-packed for the Los Angeles Rams. Kurt Warner, Kevin Greene and Orlando Pace were announced as finalists for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Last Tuesday, the NFL owners voted to allow the Rams' relocation to Los Angeles, after 21 seasons in St. Louis. Lastly, the Rams stayed in-house with their retention of Rob Boras as Offensive Coordinator...or did they?

Two weeks is just a blip on the screen for a Rams fan of 47 years. Those 47 years are filled with plenty of fond memories: Jack Youngblood playing in the Super Bowl on a broken leg, Eric Dickerson breaking the single season rushing record, Hacksaw Reynolds roaming the middle of the field, the GSOT years, the Fearsome Foursome, The Tackle...I could go on and on.

Thinking about 47 years of Rams teams and players (plus the events of the last couple of weeks or so) led me to the idea of reconstructing my All-Time 53-man Rams roster. The roster is comprised of players from the Cleveland Rams, Los Angeles Rams and St. Louis Rams, dating back to 1945. All of these players aspired to greatness...and achieved greatness in a Rams uniform. The horns will always be the horns.

C Rich Saul Doug Smith
G
Dennis Harrah Kent Hill
G
Tom Mack Tom Newberry
OT
Jackie Slater Bob Brown
OT
Orlando Pace Charlie Cowan
TE
Billy Truax Pete Holohan
WR
Torry Holt Tom Fears Henry Ellard
WR
Isaac Bruce Elroy Hirsch Harold Jackson
RB
Eric Dickerson Steven Jackson Dan Towler
RB
Marshall Faulk Lawrence McCutcheon
QB
Norm Van Brocklin Kurt Warner Bob Waterfield
PK
Jeff Wilkins
P
Dale Hatcher
DT
Merlin Olsen Roosevelt Grier
DT
Larry Brooks Coy Bacon
DE
Jack Youngblood Lamar Lundy Andy Robustelli
DE
Deacon Jones Kevin Carter
MLB
Jack Reynolds Les Richter Tank Younger
LB
Isiah Robertson Jack Pardee
LB
Kevin Greene Maxie Baughan
CB
Jerry Gray Pat Thomas Rod Perry
CB
Dick Lane Leroy Irvin
S
Nolan Cromwell Eddie Meador
S
Aeneas Williams Dave Elmendorf

Honorable Mentions: G Riley Matheson, QB Roman Gabriel, DE Fred Dryer, WR Jack Snow and RB Jerome Bettis.

B8852752.121517245;sz=1x1;ord=%25%25CACHEBUSTER%25%25
a.gif

The Honor Roll
Of the 53 players on the roster, 50 were awarded Pro Bowl/All-Pro honors during their careers. Elmendorf, Truax and Holohan are the only players on the roster who didn't receive post-season honors.

The Rams have 8 retired numbers. All 8 players associated with those numbers made the all-time roster: Waterfield (#7), Faulk (#28), Dickerson (#29), Olsen (#74), Jones (#75), Slater (#78), Bruce (#80) and Youngblood (#85).

The all-time roster includes 16 players inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame: Tom Mack, Jackie Slater, Bob Brown, Tom Fears, Elroy Hirsch, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Norm Van Brocklin, Merlin Olsen, Bob Waterfield, Deacon Jones, Jack Youngblood, Andy Robustelli, Les Richter, Dick Lane and Aeneas Williams.

Orlando Pace, Kevin Greene and Kurt Warner are among the 15 finalists for 2016 induction into the Hall of Fame. Future candidates for induction include Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and Steven Jackson.

Future Roster Additions
Which current Rams players have a good chance to make the All-Time 53-Man Roster in the future? Four candidates come to mind: Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, John Hekker and Robert Quinn.

Aaron Donald made the 2014 Pro Bowl in his rookie season and was named Defensive Rookie Of The Year. He followed that up with an outstanding 2015 season, garnering Pro Bowl and first team All-Pro recognition. Donald has a bright future ahead of him, and can only get better. He's on course to become the finest 3-tech to have ever played the game.

Robert Quinn was named to his second consecutive Pro Bowl in 2014, and was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2013. Quinn suffered through an injury-plagued 2015 season and wasn't at his best. He's only 25 though and has plenty of time to prove he's among the all-time greats.

John Hekker is quite simply the best punter in the NFL, a two-time Pro Bowler (2013, 2015) and two-time first-team All-Pro (2013, 2015).

In his rookie season, Todd Gurley ran for 1106 yards and 10 TD's in only 13 games. Gurley is one of 5 finalists for NFL Rookie Of The Year. He also earned Pro Bowl and second-team All-Pro honors as the tenth overall selection in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Todd_Gurley_S.I._Cover.0.jpg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurmur has been added to the Vikings staff. Looks like Boras's position is solidified unless Snisher changes their collective minds.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurmur has been added to the Vikings staff. Looks like Boras's position is solidified unless Snisher changes their collective minds.
Can't say I don't have mixed feelings about that bit of news Retro.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good! As far as Shurmur!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hire Mike Groh as their passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach.

Mike Groh spent the past three seasons as wide receivers coach with the Chicago Bears, where he worked with a couple of bright offensive minds in Bears head coach Marc Trestman in 2013-14 and last season with offensive coordinator Adam Gase, now the head coach for the Miami Dolphins.

Still looking to hire a TE coach and RB coach.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metro May Run a New Rail Line Right By Inglewood NFL Stadium
Monday, January 25, 2016, by Bianca Barragan
Screen-Shot-2016-01-06-at-1.12.59-PM.jpg

The planned Los Angeles Rams stadium in Inglewood is just about to get shovels in the ground, relatively close to a future Metro rail line (just shy of two miles from the Crenshaw Line's Downtown Inglewood station), but Metro's Board of Directors is now looking into bringing a rail connection much closer to the venue in the form of a whole new line. Urbanize LA reports that members of the board have proposed a motion that, if approved, would allow Metro to look into routing a light rail line south from Florence Avenue in Inglewood to Torrance in LA's South Bay, "potentially along Prairie Avenue," which would mean it would pass by the western edge of Hollywood Park.

The line has already been proposed under the name South Bay Transit Corridor Rail Project, but it's never had a path locked down. (It was one of the projects funded by the half-cent sales tax increase known as Measure R, so it's not completely unrealistic either.) This football-adjacent route is "a new alternative" under consideration. Previous discussions on the project have explored it as "a southern extension of the Green Line from its current Redondo Beach terminus to Torrance via the Harbor Subdivision, a historic freight rail right-of-way," says ULA.

This new alignment would connect some of the South Bay's most populous cities to not only the football stadium, but also the massive housing/retail/restaurant/entertainment/office complex in the works next to the stadium. That project's expected to bring as many as 2,500 new residential units and a 300-room hotel, plus tons of office and retail space, multiple lakes, and 25 acres of public park space, in addition to thousands and thousands of parking spaces. The new line wouldn't likely be completed in time for the first games at the stadium, though. While the LA Rams are expected to play in their new home sometime in 2019, the South Bay Transit Corridor Rail Project isn't expected to be finished until around 2035 (which is probably why the line's route hasn't yet been hammered down).

If the light rail line doesn't happen, it's likely that there will be some kind of shuttle bus system set up, like the one that Metro has for games at Dodger Stadium or the Rose Bowl, but there's no doubt that a rail stop so close to the stadium would be pretty sweet on game day.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hire Mike Groh as their passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach.

Still looking to hire a TE coach and RB coach.
As long as he doesn't become the OC at some point, it's fine. The guy was one of the worst offensive coordinators I believe I've seen when he was at UVA.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groh is worse than tits on a bull. Another ridiculous hire by Fisher.

this piece of shit keeps hiring retreads on offense...hell why don't we go get jim bob cooter to run the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't become the OC at some point, it's fine. The guy was one of the worst offensive coordinators I believe I've seen when he was at UVA.

He has been working under Trestman and Gace since, so hopefully he has learned and improved.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same frikin' story that runs through this FO. We find some retread and hope that they have improved. When are we going stop dumpster diving?