• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reserve the word 'brilliant' until I see the man hoist the Lombardi!

Fair enough, or is that too negative?

:dhd:

He is brilliant. But he’s also young and has flaws. Just like Mike Martz but younger?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is brilliant. But he’s also young and has flaws. Just like Mike Martz but younger?
The frustrating thing is he dies the same stupid stuff Martz did- mainly fall in love with the passing game and ignore the run and get cute with gadget plays at in opportune times.

You would thing coaches would see the history and how Martz flamed out of the league because of that nonsense and wouldn’t repeat the same thing.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a lot better than Martz and has evolved. Martz never did.
He has to some extent.

But like Retro keeps saying, he refuses to use the jumbo offense when teams run the 46 defense.

And he still gets way too pass happy, even when he had Goff he passed a lot.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to some extent.

But like Retro keeps saying, he refuses to use the jumbo offense when teams run the 46 defense.

And he still gets way too pass happy, even when he had Goff he passed a lot.
Can't argue he doesn't get pass happy, he goes with the flow of the game, if he feels they have passed good all game he will stick to it even history tells us to run it in certain situations.

To have Goff and injured Gurley take tham to the Super Bowl is an outstanding achievement

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford could have taken a safety there. But Mcvay could have run the ball too.

Run game is working Sean

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford could have taken a safety there. But Mcvay could have run the ball too.

Run game is working Sean
Now you know why I have been b****ing this season SJ.

Saw this coming down the road when you and others said everything was fine.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know why I have been b****ing this season SJ.

Saw this coming down the road when you and others said everything was fine.

Calm down man. That was all on Stafford. He audibled out of that play. Still a ballgame and it’s still early

Goodness man

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down man. That was all on Stafford. He audibled out of that play. Still a ballgame and it’s still early

Goodness man
With the OL play tonight, not a chance.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geesh... the injury bug is crazy this year on offense... we are going through RB's like underwear. Outside of Higbee, who else do we have at TE?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of those who are saying on other medias that Stafford channeled his inner Goff, lets not mistake, season long, the minor QB variances between GOATS, Greats, HOFers, PB'ers, Greats, Good, Serviceable, Sustainable, Poor and Awful QB's.

We went from one Pro Bowler to another, fact?

I'll say there are variations at every level, but we went from Pro Bowler Goff to Pro Bowler Stafford whether you like it or not. That is a fact!

Most, including myself will agree that PB Stafford is much better than PB Goff, but he does he have double digit NFL experience ahead of Goff, right?

Goff has a few thing on Staff too however, he has gamed in the post season, Staff (even on some pretty good teams one with 11 wins) still has post season question marks, amirite?

So we really are looking at minor details separating the two. Those minor details would have been huge in the SB, but is that fair when comparing the NFL experience? Not sure if Stafford could have made a SB at that point in his career since he never won a single playoff game, who the hells know?

I just wonder where we would be with Goff, a true deep threat, a running game, and an offensive line that provided enough time to let these NFL best WR corp get open in their routes?

So we may have seen Stafford channel his inner Goff as I started out in this post, but I question that maybe we saw another Rams Pro-Bowler QB without a deep threat, no offensive line protection, and no running game production fail that Pro-Bowler QB regardless of the name on the back!

I'm sure those that wont read this novel will have a lot to say.... :cool:

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of those who are saying on other medias that Stafford channeled his inner Goff, lets not mistake, season long, the minor QB variances between GOATS, Greats, HOFers, PB'ers, Greats, Good, Serviceable, Sustainable, Poor and Awful QB's.

We went from one Pro Bowler to another, fact?

I'll say there are variations at every level, but we went from Pro Bowler Goff to Pro Bowler Stafford whether you like it or not. That is a fact!

Most, including myself will agree that PB Stafford is much better than PB Goff, but he does he have double digit NFL experience ahead of Goff, right?

Goff has a few thing on Staff too however, he has gamed in the post season, Staff (even on some pretty good teams one with 11 wins) still has post season question marks, amirite?

So we really are looking at minor details separating the two. Those minor details would have been huge in the SB, but is that fair when comparing the NFL experience? Not sure if Stafford could have made a SB at that point in his career since he never won a single playoff game, who the hells know?

I just wonder where we would be with Goff, a true deep threat, a running game, and an offensive line that provided enough time to let these NFL best WR corp get open in their routes?

So we may have seen Stafford channel his inner Goff as I started out in this post, but I question that maybe we saw another Rams Pro-Bowler QB without a deep threat, no offensive line protection, and no running game production fail that Pro-Bowler QB regardless of the name on the back!

I'm sure those that wont read this novel will have a lot to say.... :cool:

Good Lord man. Goff won’t be a starting QB very soon. He is far from a pro bowl QB now vs before everyone figured him out and he got that contract.

:L you still love this guy Goff man let it go!

Another fact is Goff would have went thru 2 pairs of underwear against that Tennessee defense with our Oline getting manhandled.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geesh... the injury bug is crazy this year on offense... we are going through RB's like underwear. Outside of Higbee, who else do we have at TE?
Essentially we have three TEs on the active roster. Tyler Higbee, Kendall Blanton who is already playing on offense, and Brycen Hopkins, who hasn't done jack shit but McVay likes the guy. Our reserve TE is Jared Pickney who is on the PS.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this will change after yesterday but ask yourself if Stafford was ever garbage with the Lions and if Goff was ever top 2 with the Rams.

I can’t believe anyone would even question what Goff would be doing now with the Rams. That’s laughable

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord man. Goff won’t be a starting QB very soon. He is far from a pro bowl QB now vs before everyone figured him out and he got that contract.

:L you still love this guy Goff man let it go!

Another fact is Goff would have went thru 2 pairs of underwear against that Tennessee defense with our Oline getting manhandled.
You admittedly said you don't read 'novels'

So, Good Lord man, how can you respectfully have a counterpoint, or any intuitive insight to what I love, or still love?

Again you are wrong, nor have a single concept of what I am getting to, or implying.

If you've even made it this far, I'll be clear...

No protection, no run game, no deep threat, no bueno!

I don't care how marginal the Pro-Bowler QB is or isn't.........no PB level only QB, under McVays system, can win consistently enough vs Playoff teams.

That my friend is no bueno!