• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins was been good this year, there is always the franchise tag.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming Rams free agents:
Offense:
C Tim Barnes
C Brian Folkerts
LT Isaiah Battle
QB Case Keenum
RB Benny Cunningham
RB Chase Reynolds
FB Corey Harkey
WR Brian Quick
WR Wes Welker
K Greg Zuerlein

Defense:
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
DT Nick Fairley
OLB Mark Barron
ILB Daren Bates
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
FS Rodney McCleod
FS Cody Davis

Everyone listed on that the offensive side can go. I wouldn't miss them. Defensively we can keep hayes, simms, Barron, Johnson. Johnson is a must he is playing his best football. Let Jenkins walk, we have Gains, Joyner and Johnson. IF Quick settles for 200k sure we can keep him because that's all he's worth. NOW FIND A QUARTERBACK!!! AND FIRE THAT POS FISHER!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it, its not going to happen, and if it did who do you think NO would want for him? we are not giving up one of our studs for a 37 year old QB, do you really think we would.

You're examples of older QB that have succeeded is also lame, I could probably name you 5 for every 1 that don't play well past that age! We did that back in the day Namath, Hadl, Bartkowski, Pastorini, all excellent QB's, but to old! Im sure Im forgetting some also, and that's just the ones the Rams have had! in fact Manning should have retired last year, he has looked awful this year, but Im sure Fisher would pull the trigger, I mean after all, he is a HOF QB.

in your mind why don't we just go after your boy again, I mean according to you he would thrive with our new offense!

Another factor to consider with Brees; his height. The Rams have been adding some big boys to their line the past season or two; can he crane his neck enough to see downfield?

It doesn't really matter, as his cap hit and the requisite trade return for the Saints would make the acquisition near impossible and ill-advised.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Shopson. The Rams are not going to trade for Brees. Cougie and others like to dream though.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Shopson. The Rams are not going to trade for Brees. Cougie and others like to dream though.

Yes they do, but that's almost beyond dreaming, there may be some outside factors in their thinking! They may just be "blowing smoke"!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do, but that's almost beyond dreaming, there may be some outside factors in their thinking! They may just be "blowing smoke"!

Well If Fisher has some balls He will give New Orleans a call and at least try. Going into next season with hmmmm I don't know a quarterback would kinda be nice.... :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor to consider with Brees; his height. The Rams have been adding some big boys to their line the past season or two; can he crane his neck enough to see downfield?

It doesn't really matter, as his cap hit and the requisite trade return for the Saints would make the acquisition near impossible and ill-advised.

His height was a question coming into the league. it shouldn't be a question no longer I think he's proved himself.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting your stats from? The Saints are 31st in yards allowed and they give up 30.5 points a game, which is last. They couldn't sniff out d's jock strap. Not to mention we still play good defense despite having 3 impact starters out for the year, and others missing time.

Well, if you would actually read what I typed you would know! I said in NFC.
Ya you could say their D stinks, that D also gave up less points to TB then the Rams did, just the week before the Rams played TB?
I think we have a good D too!, but as I said we really haven't played anywhere near as well as we should be, you can blame it all on missing players and our poor offense, but the bottomline is we have guys that have stepped in for injured guys and played just as well as some of them! This Defense has also been gashed numerous times, and early in games, so I'm not buying the D is on the field to much! That's fine in the case when in the 4th quarter they are getting gashed because they have been on the field all game, but that's not always the case.

Excuses are for losers, you want to be an elite defense, you need to prove it!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogletree is back at practice, reports say there is an outside chance he may play week 17.

HOW FLIPPING STUPID WOULD THAT BE! It serves no purpose for him to play, let him be fully and totally recovered by the start of next year!
I can see these morons letting him play and chancing injury, and for what?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogletree is back at practice, reports say there is an outside chance he may play week 17.

HOW FLIPPING STUPID WOULD THAT BE! It serves no purpose for him to play, let him be fully and totally recovered by the start of next year!
I can see these morons letting him play and chancing injury, and for what?

I was thinking the same thing but I guess it depends on what Seattle does tomorrow if they lose....

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing but I guess it depends on what Seattle does tomorrow if they lose....

I actually see your point, kind of:)

But I still wouldn't play him, he hasn't played all year, Seattle is a better team than in week one, we are not a better team since week one, and it's at Seattle! Is it worth him getting hurt again to maybe make the playoffs? Barron or Ayers have both played well enough to not chance him, and both would probably be a better option at this point in the season anyway!

It could happen but the odds of Seattle dropping three and the Rams winning two aren't good?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you would actually read what I typed you would know! I said in NFC.
Ya you could say their D stinks, that D also gave up less points to TB then the Rams did, just the week before the Rams played TB?
I think we have a good D too!, but as I said we really haven't played anywhere near as well as we should be, you can blame it all on missing players and our poor offense, but the bottomline is we have guys that have stepped in for injured guys and played just as well as some of them! This Defense has also been gashed numerous times, and early in games, so I'm not buying the D is on the field to much! That's fine in the case when in the 4th quarter they are getting gashed because they have been on the field all game, but that's not always the case.

Excuses are for losers, you want to be an elite defense, you need to prove it!

Then you're still wrong, because the Rams are 12th in the NFL in defense...so you can see why I had no idea what you were talking about. It's all good though.

And good for the Saints for giving up less points than us against TB...but big picture, they fucking suck and we have a very good defense that has been on th field too much. We've only had 1 game all year in which we won the TOP battle. Once. That's pathetic and it puts more pressure on our defense to perform. Not to mention we've only given up a touchdown in the first quarter 6 times.

A defense can't be elite unless it has a competent offense to compliment it...and a coaching staff that can best utilize it for that matter.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams need some magic by Johnny Football

21 hours ago • By Jim Thomas

No mistake about it, Jeff Fisher is an unabashed fan of Johnny Manziel.

“Of course,” Fisher said Friday. “I’ve always been a Johnny Manziel fan. You know, we had a private workout and visits. I think he’s an NFL talent. And he can win games.”

The Rams gave a lot of consideration to the player known as “Johnny Football” leading up to the 2014 draft, before going in different directions in that draft — including taking defensive tackle Aaron Donald at No. 13 overall. (Looks like that one’s turning out pretty well.)

In any event, Fisher will be even more of a “Johnny Football” fan this Sunday, when Manziel and the Cleveland Browns take on Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks.

“It’s gonna be a great game,” Fisher said. “You’ve got two quarterback that are similar in that they can run around and make plays.”

As they scatter and decompress over the weekend following Thursday’s 31-23 victory over Tampa Bay, Fisher and the Rams can only hope it’s a great game.

Winners of two in a row after halting a five-game slide, tThe only postseason hope for the Rams (6-8) is if visiting Cleveland (3-10) registers what would be a monumental upset against Seattle (8-5).

A Seattle victory eliminates the Rams from playoff consideration. But if Seattle loses, well, the Rams play the Seahawks next — on Dec. 27 at CenturyLink Field. And then Seattle closes at Arizona.

An 8-8 Rams team would win out over an 8-8 Seattle team for a wild-card spot by virtue of having swept the season series with the Seahawks.

“We’re still alive,” defensive end Williams Hayes said. “Hopefully some teams can lose for us, and some stuff can just happen. You never know what happens. Hopefully, Johnny can pull one off. Go back to his Texas A&M days and bring some magic.”

Of course, the odds of all this happening are very small. The Rams once again appear destined to miss the playoffs — for the 11th season in a row.

At the end of the day, they’ll look back on losses in five games that made the difference. First off were losses to very beatable Washington, Chicago and Baltimore. All three of those teams currently have losing records.; combined they are 15-24.

And then there were narrow losses to probable playoff teams Minnesota and Pittsburgh. The Rams lost 12-6 at home to Pittsburgh in Game 3, a contest in which they couldn’t take advantage of knocking Steelersquarterback Ben Roethlisberger out of the game.

Six weeks later in Minnesota, they lost 21-18 in overtime. Had Fisher not gone for two points after a first-quarter touchdown, the Rams might have won in regulation.

In any event, wins in just two of those five games and the Rams are 8-6 and very much in the thick of the wild-card hunt. Instead it’s 6-8, and yet another wasted season.

Another opportunity lost. In any other season, that would’ve been the storyline coming out of the Tampa Bay game. Not so with the cloud of relocation hanging over everyone’s heads.

The players and coaches have done their best to ignore that issue. But the players couldn’t help hearing the chants of “Keep the Rams! Keep the Rams!” by fans during Thursday’s game at the Edward Jones Dome.

“That was awesome,” Hayes said. “That’s out of my control though. That’s above my pay scale. It was awesome just to hear how much they appreciate us even though the product that we put on the field the whole year wasn’t what we expected it to be. But just the fact that they stuck by us the whole year is a beautiful thing.”

Many of the Rams echoed similar thoughts. They either have been well-coached on what to say or not say on the topic. Or they’re smart enough to realize that the person signing their paychecks — owner Stan Kroenke — is the guy who wants to move the team to Los Angeles.

“The fans have always been there for us,” tight end Jared Cook said. “They’ve been great fans for my three years here. I have no control over (the potential move). But for the diehard fans, I thank ’em. Absolutely.”

The players can only control the product on the field, and it has been pretty good in the past two games. Surprisingly so on offense, now clicking with Rob Boras taking over as offensive coordinator and Case Keenum in at quarterback.

The Rams’ formula for success has been cut and dried this season: Score 20 points or more, and win. Score fewer than 20 points and lose. That’s been the case in all six victories — and in all eight losses.

Suddenly, the Rams are scoring again, averaging 26 points over the past two games. Granted, the two teams they defeated over a five-day stretch — Detroit and Tampa Bay — are a combined 10-17 — but the Rams were losing to those kinds of teams just a few weeks earlier.

Thursday’s game should have been a rout. Had the Rams not gotten overly conservative in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball, they probably beat Tampa Bay by two to three touchdowns.

“Defensively, the first half was good,” Fisher said. “Second half, we gave up way too many yards. Disappointed in the four-play drive for a touchdown. That kinda backed us up against a wall, but we were able to overcome it.”

Fisher was referring there to a four-play, 98-yard drive early in the fourth quarter that jump-started the Buccaneers’ rally. On successive plays, Tampa quarterback Jameis Winston connected on pass plays of 20, 30 and 47 yards against a Rams defense that couldn’t shut the door and get off the field in the fourth quarter. A Bucs field goal and touchdown followed on subsequent long drives. So things were a little dicey at the end until Bryce Hager’s recovery of an onside kick with 1 minute 33 seconds to play.

“That’s not how you protect leads,” Fisher said. “We’re looking forward to a little break this weekend. The coaches need it. Players need it. We’ll come back and get ready for the Seahawks.”

Until then, they’ll root for “Johnny Football.”

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Snake Eyes, but I just couldn't help myself!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you're still wrong, because the Rams are 12th in the NFL in defense...so you can see why I had no idea what you were talking about. It's all good though.

And good for the Saints for giving up less points than us against TB...but big picture, they fucking suck and we have a very good defense that has been on th field too much. We've only had 1 game all year in which we won the TOP battle. Once. That's pathetic and it puts more pressure on our defense to perform. Not to mention we've only given up a touchdown in the first quarter
6 times.

A defense can't be elite unless it has a competent offense to compliment it...and a coaching staff that can best utilize it for that matter.

Well 88, now you are starting to sound like Coug! Let's see, I'm "wrong" to say that the Rams are 12th in the "NFC", yet NFL stats say that they are! Obviously you don't know how the NFL ranks defenses, so yes you are correct when you say you are "confused"!

Let me "educate" you, the NFL ranks defenses according to yards given up, kind of like the offense is ranked according to yards they have actually gotten. Are you with me here? So I guess you are the one that is "wrong" about the Rams rank, because technically they are ranked number 22 in defense! Fact!, but I guess I'm wrong? Now if you want to say that they are 12th in giving up points, then you would be correct, but that's not what was said! Still confused?
As far as the Saints only giving up 17 points and you saying "good for them, they still suck" it was just a comparison, do you know what that is? It might be different if they had played them earlier in the year, but they didn't, it was 4 days prior to us playing them, and their defense gave up less than 300total yards and 17 points, our D gave up over 500 yards and 23 points, could have easily been 31 points if Winston hits his two WIDEOPEN receivers in the end zone! So ya, the Saints D sucks !
I believe they rank it that way, because why should defenses be blamed for constantly giving up points when the offense gives the opposition the ball deep in their own territory, or pick 6' that the defense had nothing to do with, so maybe "some" defenses that give up points and suck, might not suck as bad as you think they do!

Feel free to "debate" this "fact" with me though! As I said I feel our defense is pretty good, it's just not as good as some people on here seem to think it is! I have watched all the games and our D has been gashed by big plays! Overall we play a good game defensively, but seem to give up big plays, and big chunks of yardage!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second half of the Buccaneers game is prime example of our "great" D. The D gave up big yardage and fueled the Buc's comeback and we almost lost a very winnable game.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second half of the Buccaneers game is prime example of our "great" D. The D gave up big yardage and fueled the Buc's comeback and we almost lost a very winnable game.

Point made, point taken, thank you!

Some of these people just don't get it. I believe we have a very good defense, we have the players to be a great defense, but they do not play like it a lot of the time! This "our defense is tired" excuse is just that, a excuse! I agree it doesn't help that our offense isn't very good, but if youre a great defense go out and get a 3 and out, and get back off the field!
A lot of guys aren't playing every down, some guys play 2 downs and come out for the pass package, so that means some guys are only playing that 1 down against the pass. Defensive backs on the opposite side of runs are getting tired? There's a lot of guys that aren't even in on some of these plays!

Our defense has given up 22 drives of over 70 yards, 11, that's half have come in the first half! You're telling me our defense is already tired? Thank God we don't have to play our home games in Miami were
it's actually hot, and you could use that as a legitimate excuse! Of the 11 in the second half, 5 have come with us having the lead, so that tells me the defense wasn't out
there the whole game!
Sorry guys, but youre going to get tired giving up 10-11-12 play drives, that's not all on the offense, make a stop and get off the field!

I think Williams is a good DC, but our numerous blitzes aren't resulting in a lot of sacks? We are middle of the pack in giving up big plays! The follow are league average - Rams

Points allowed 23 - 21

Rushing yards 108 - 118

Yards/rush 4.1 - 4.1

Passing yards 245 - 247

yards/pass. 10.9 - 10

Total yards 354 - 365

Penalties 7 - 6.6

That looks like a lot of average middle of the pack defense.

Say what you want, Cinn, GB, and Denver all have good offenses, but their defense is on the field more than their offense and their defenses are all top 10 rated defenses!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 88, now you are starting to sound like Coug! Let's see, I'm "wrong" to say that the Rams are 12th in the "NFC", yet NFL stats say that they are! Obviously you don't know how the NFL ranks defenses, so yes you are correct when you say you are "confused"!

Let me "educate" you, the NFL ranks defenses according to yards given up, kind of like the offense is ranked according to yards they have actually gotten. Are you with me here? So I guess you are the one that is "wrong" about the Rams rank, because technically they are ranked number 22 in defense! Fact!, but I guess I'm wrong? Now if you want to say that they are 12th in giving up points, then you would be correct, but that's not what was said! Still confused?
As far as the Saints only giving up 17 points and you saying "good for them, they still suck" it was just a comparison, do you know what that is? It might be different if they had played them earlier in the year, but they didn't, it was 4 days prior to us playing them, and their defense gave up less than 300total yards and 17 points, our D gave up over 500 yards and 23 points, could have easily been 31 points if Winston hits his two WIDEOPEN receivers in the end zone! So ya, the Saints D sucks !
I believe they rank it that way, because why should defenses be blamed for constantly giving up points when the offense gives the opposition the ball deep in their own territory, or pick 6' that the defense had nothing to do with, so maybe "some" defenses that give up points and suck, might not suck as bad as you think they do!

Feel free to "debate" this "fact" with me though! As I said I feel our defense is pretty good, it's just not as good as some people on here seem to think it is! I have watched all the games and our D has been gashed by big plays! Overall we play a good game defensively, but seem to give up big plays, and big chunks of yardage!
This is not a debate or rebuttal. This is just pure meanness not intended to promote a civil back and forth.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on here may get the impression that I am bashing our defense? I'm not, I'm just saying that we have great players, we have a good D, and that we should be better than we are?
Sure our offense sucks, sure that doesn't help out the defense, but they still have to do their job even if the Offense is making it harder for them.
We have to many personal fouls on defense, we give up to many big plays! People want to say our offense is putting the defense on the field to long, sorry our defense is allowing the other teams offense to be on the field to long! Yes we don't give up a ton of points, we have a bend but don't break type defense.

Let me break it down even more, we have given up 8 drives of at least 80 yards in the first half, because we are already tired? I don't think so! We have given up 5 80 yard drives in the second half, 1 of those was a 98 yard drive by Arizona minutes into the second half. Rams had the last possession before the half, then halftime, then 3 1/2 minutes into the second half Arizona drives 98 yards. So the Rams defense was on the field for 1:46 from right before halftime, until 3 1/2 minutes into the second half, probably a good 20 minutes of rest, yet they were tired on that 98 yard drive? 2 more of those 5 were when we had the lead, but I guess we were tired?
We have the youngest team in football, what are we going to do when they are a few years older and get tired more easily?

As I have said, don't give up long ass drives, you can sit over on the bench and rest up a little!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a debate or rebuttal. This is just pure meanness not intended to promote a civil back and forth.

I'm not always right, but if someone is going to come out and tell me I am flat out "wrong" and the stats back me up, that's what you are going to get!