• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor to consider with Brees; his height. The Rams have been adding some big boys to their line the past season or two; can he crane his neck enough to see downfield?
Uh.....

Ett0TVV.gif

Maybe!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kinda looks like Foles there!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are always what they are lol that's why they are stats. What they don't take in account is things like emotional state of a worn out D that knows they don't have a competitive quarterback to win in this league for a complete season. A defense that is out on the field because of many three and outs by the offense which in the long run shortens the careers of those defensive players which cost them money and increases their chances of being injured. Show me a stat that shows that.

How can you claim these statements when they apply to other players and teams and not see that they also apply to Sammie, Cougie?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know at this juncture, but I think this thread has been hijacked into a mini pissing match between Smed, Rams88, Ozark, and possibly others. If all of you are going to venture into ragging on whose feelings got hurt and whose style is pugilistic, then I think you all should move on over to the negativity thread where demeaning one another is more appropriate without calling names. Capeesh?
Much like the Rams players and organization, we Rams fans are frustrated and I think it is coming out in our discussion with one another at times.

As Retroram has said, venting is for the The Master Vent Thread.

So I absolutely agree with Retro on this, each of us needs to take the venting aspects of our posts to the Master Vent thread, or simply not post it here. That is why The Master Vent Thread was created, and that is the place to blow off your steam.

Besides the venting part, I don't necessarily agree that the debates or pissing matches if you will, has actually derailed or hijacked this thread only the the lack of civility in those debates. This thread is in fact a thread that has many offshoots to a broad range of topics, considering it is the Rams Current News and Events Thread. Those offshoots of topics can and should be discussed and even debated, and it's not up to me or anyone to deem the debate a pissing match IMO, rather only the nasty aspects where one might talk down to another in doing so.

It's okay to debate these off shoot current news events and topics here on this thread, just be careful when making your point fellas, have some respect for each other here, please! Before you hit 'post' think to yourself, 'Would your Mother be proud of the way you are handling yourself here, or would she be displeased?' Or would you be proud of your child if they were to act in a similar manner?'

Recently, prior to Thanksgiving, my Wife sent every dinner guest a scroll in the mail, to list the things they were thankful for this year, as each of us read our thanks out load, one in particular stood out. They said:

'I am thankful for all the kind & considerate people I come across everyday. There are more out there than you might think, and you WILL find them, as long as you too are kind & considerate to all those you meet everyday.'

Hey, so acting with kindness and consideration towards others here seems like a good idea to me and a lesson to be heeded. Yes, we all can get a little grumpy and agitated with others at times, but can we stop and ask ourselves if we are acting in a way we would like to be treated when we find ourselves at odds with another!

I know, for the most part we can be kind & post with civility, even in debate!

So what do you guys think?

Is that just too much to ask? :noidea:

Last edited:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the problems are fairly simple. If you want to post facts and stats by all means please do so. We have some here who are very good at it. If you want to post opinion please do so. Hell I may even agree with you. But when you start taking facts and stats and opinions mixing them all up with pseudo-facts. And saying this is the way it is deal with it . Well you lose me. Add the naming calling and innuendo. It might as well be a WWF forum. Personally I believe most here are better than that. Or at least I did. :suds:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you claim these statements when they apply to other players and teams and not see that they also apply to Sammie, Cougie?

I don't think Sam has anything to do with how bad the Eagles D is. They are very banged up on D at the CB position. The cards marched right down the field all night including the opening drive. Sam actually kept them in it for awhile. But you can't win if the D gives up 500 yds. And from what I'm reading from the Eagles fans they agree the defense is just terrible. I don't see really anyone complaining about Bradfords play.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are always what they are lol that's why they are stats. What they don't take in account is things like emotional state of a worn out D that knows they don't have a competitive quarterback to win in this league for a complete season. A defense that is out on the field because of many three and outs by the offense which in the long run shortens the careers of those defensive players which cost them money and increases their chances of being injured. Show me a stat that shows that.
Just to be clear, a single stat can only help us or even the NFL determine and analyze the big picture, but this analysis is in no way to be considered factual outside of their raw form of the single stat data. Such examples are the 'ranking of total yards' or the 'ranking of total points' a defense has allowed.

Everything beyond the raw statistical data is merely someones analysis of the matrix of statistical data they choose to include and the way they choose to value the individual impact of the raw data stats, thus it becomes an opinion. Even two data stats combined, are rarely if ever factual, because it draws on an analysis to be determined or concluded.

I 'think' the Rams have a stellar, top of the League defense, (Now for the caveat) except it's only when the game is on the line. When there is a good or what would seem un-surmountable lead by either team, our defense goes from stellar to cellar! They do have a bend but don't break attitude and are pretty damned good about yielding field goals as opposed to touchdowns in given scenarios even when the score is close so this IMO skews even the raw data stats of total yards given and total defensive points allowed in an overview of actual rankings.

This brings me to my point... I do not care for the play not to lose attitude by the leadership of our team! And, although I can only understand (Not respect) the defeatist and worn out identity the defense has shown in loss this year, they are a sub-par to poor defense in this league in these circumstances. (My opinion)

So I think both Smed and RF88 are on the right track even in opposition IMO.

That said, when the game is on the line, this defense is to be feared! This tells me more about the leadership, than the defense. I 'feel' this defense can be one of the best in the League (If not the best!), but certain factors (Call them excuses if you must) are limiting their true identity.

Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is though he wouldn't want to come to a team with shitty management and a shitty coach.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sam has anything to do with how bad the Eagles D is. They are very banged up on D at the CB position. The cards marched right down the field all night including the opening drive. Sam actually kept them in it for awhile. But you can't win if the D gives up 500 yds. And from what I'm reading from the Eagles fans they agree the defense is just terrible. I don't see really anyone complaining about Bradfords play.

But your boy is better than anyone we have, yet we won in spite of giving up 500 yards to TB., so I guess you can win giving up 500 yards, you continue to wear blinders when it comes to your boy!
I at least put the blame on both, ya probably more the defenses fault, but your boy also deserves some blame! he didn't do that much, until the game was out of reach, throwing 2 interceptions, fumbling, and throwing for 200 :trash: time yards and a TD . I also conceded that he threw some very nice passes last night, but to say he kept them in the game for a while, please! that's like saying the defense also kept them within striking distance? you cant have it both ways Coug, our lack of offense is the reason that our defense is on the field and tired all the time, according to some, but in the Eagles case that has no substance at all with you!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8:06 PM ET
  • wagoner_nick_m.jpg
    Nick WagonerESPN Staff
SELECTIONS

Aaron Donald, DT, second Pro Bowl selection: Better get used to this. Donald earned his second Pro Bowl bid in as many seasons after putting together one of the best seasons by an interior defensive lineman in recent memory. His 11 sacks are first among defensive tackles and he's second among all defensive linemen in tackles. Donald also ranks near the top of the league in quarterback hits, pressures and tackles for loss. Getting the Pro Bowl nod seemed like a mere formality. The real question is whether he'll get the respect he deserves when it comes time to vote for the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year award.

Johnny Hekker, P, second Pro Bowl selection: Consistent excellence has been the name of the game for Hekker, who despite tying for the NFL lead in most punts, has still maintained the best gross punting average and the second-best net punting average. He also ranks near the top of the league in punts inside the opponent's 20 and punts inside the opponent's 5. His first Pro Bowl bid came two years ago after one of the best seasons by a punter in league history. This one hasn't been far off.

Todd Gurley, RB, first Pro Bowl selection: Gurley's selection is made all the more impressive by the fact that his sample size is much smaller than his competition. What isn't much smaller is his production. Gurley is one of just three running backs with more than 1,000 rushing yards, and his nine rushing touchdowns is good for third at his position. Gurley also has 11 carries of 20-plus yards, which is second only to Tampa Bay's Doug Martin. Like Donald, it's probably best to get used to seeing Gurley in this position.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald reminds me of a cross between John Randle and Merlin Olsen. He is a great one and I just hope this team finally gets good so as to not waste his career without a ring.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald reminds me of a cross between John Randle and Merlin Olsen. He is a great one and I just hope this team finally gets good so as to not waste his career without a ring.

or winning seasons.. A guy like him may want to play on a winning team and not resign when the time comes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ask Janoris Jenkins, Jermaine. I think Donald will follow suit.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ask Janoris Jenkins, Jermaine. I think Donald will follow suit.

that is what sucks about being a pathetic franchise.....Rookies come in and play well enough to get that next contract ..test FA waters and bounce to a better team. IF this ball club can post a cpl of 10 win seasons at the minimum FA's/rookies would at least think about staying.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Kroneke's disappearing act on a recluse basis, the message is exactly that: Play well and make a name for yourself and then get the hell out of the shit-hole known as the Rams. Kroneke's approach is fostering no team cohesiveness and sure as hell no desire to go into the post-season. Oh the players will state that they want to win pubically and there may be some truth to it but when the doors are shut and the camera lights off, many of them are looking to move on.