• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no defense and you know that. That's a very disingenuous comment.

Don't kid yourself 88, the Rams are 12th in defense in the NFC, NO is 15th, the Saints offense is better than the Rams by a long shot, yet Brees has the Saints at 5-8. If your defense gives up points then your offense needs to score when you get the ball back, that's how ut works, and Brees has always ad great weapons!

We have a ton of stud defensive players, but face it, our defense disappears quite often, we got lit up in the first half by Martin gashing our run defense, 2nd half a rookie QB lit us up! This isn't the first time our defense has disappeared this year. It also disappeared a few times last year!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign Trumaine Johnson to an extension.

Not sure who else's contract is up after this year on the defense?? Brockers? I know Fairley signed a 1 year deal. But we need a few playmakers to go with Tavon and Gurley.

Upcoming Rams free agents:
Offense:
C Tim Barnes
C Brian Folkerts
LT Isaiah Battle
QB Case Keenum
RB Benny Cunningham
RB Chase Reynolds
FB Corey Harkey
WR Brian Quick
WR Wes Welker
K Greg Zuerlein

Defense:
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
DT Nick Fairley
OLB Mark Barron
ILB Daren Bates
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
FS Rodney McCleod
FS Cody Davis

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While everyone dreams about Brees, remember his huge cap hit.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a lot of nerve Zeke trying to start crap when I Ignored all you're referring to me as a woman stuff. So Please wipe your tears please. I think most people on here know I'm just trying to get a laugh not offen people.

Oh and Zeke if you continue this behavior I'll be forced to start a Sam the Man vs Tom Brady vs Austin Davis thread. :D

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While everyone dreams about Brees, remember his huge cap hit.

Yeah realistically sense Brees only has one year left on his contract... You would have to hope he would renegotiate it into a longer-term say three years maybe for 15m a year guaranteeing most of it. Then you could Work it so It wouldnt have such a big cap it, yet he would be getting more money in the long run. Just a thought.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming Rams free agents:
Offense:
C Tim Barnes
C Brian Folkerts
LT Isaiah Battle
QB Case Keenum
RB Benny Cunningham
RB Chase Reynolds
FB Corey Harkey
WR Brian Quick
WR Wes Welker
K Greg Zuerlein

Defense:
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
DT Nick Fairley
OLB Mark Barron
ILB Daren Bates
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
FS Rodney McCleod
FS Cody Davis

I heard Fisher wants to Franchise Quick :dhd:

Seriously though this is a big mess lots of key people on there

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Brees, but he ain't coming to the Rams without some weapons at WR and a stud LT. This offense needs a 6'2+ #1 WR, TE, and a stud LT - then we are legit on offense.

If Brees goes anywhere, it's to a contender to play for a ring. He's not going somewhere to get smoked because of a lack of pass protection.

Keenum was good last night because the play calling was actually really good for once and they had Case getting rid of the ball quickly. Not to mention Cook and Britt were solid and actually caught the ball! :yes:

Thanks SJ, that's what people don't get! I'd take him to, but he would not succeed here, and he would get pummeled! While still good, he obviously isn't the QB he was just 2 years ago. Sorry but age does catch up to these guys and sometimes it can be overnight! He has had a ton of weapons in NO, we don't even have a half a ton of weapons here!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself 88, the Rams are 12th in defense in the NFC, NO is 15th, the Saints offense is better than the Rams by a long shot, yet Brees has the Saints at 5-8. If your defense gives up points then your offense needs to score when you get the ball back, that's how ut works, and Brees has always ad great weapons!

We have a ton of stud defensive players, but face it, our defense disappears quite often, we got lit up in the first half by Martin gashing our run defense, 2nd half a rookie QB lit us up! This isn't the first time our defense has disappeared this year. It also disappeared a few times last year!

The defense disappears because they are worn out from our lack of no offense. It has taken its toll this year. They can only play at a high-level for so long they knew we didn't have a quarterback.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should give up on Greg Robinson yet at tackle. I believe Orlando Pace struggled the first couple years. I think our biggest need is a stud center!! SJ with an elite quarterback like that he would make our receivers better and with Gurley in the backfield my God they would have to guard against him not only running but in the passing game. Mix in Austin and Cookie, Maybe draft a WR in the 2nd and we would have a much better than average offense along with the very good defense. Imo

I could have sworn we supposedly had an elite QB just a few years ago, according to some, he never made the WR's better? And that was even when teams were stacking the box?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense disappears because they are worn out from our lack of no offense. It has taken its toll this year. They can only play at a high-level for so long they knew we didn't have a quarterback.

So they were getting gashed last night because they were tired? Hmm interesting! Hmmm last year we lost a couple of high scoring games, again the offenses fault. Your excuses are never ending, you would think that you would explode with all the excuses, you have to be at least busting at the seams?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn we supposedly had an elite QB just a few years ago, according to some, he never made the WR's better? And that was even when teams were stacking the box?

I never said he was an elite QB in the league just OUR best option when he was here not to get rid of him. and we still don't have anyone as good as him. and he didn't have weapons like Austin and Gurley. and you don't call Gurley and Austin weapons? and I think some of these guys gave up when they saw we didn't have a QB, not that its right but I think that happened. look at how Cookie played last night as soon it was apperent Keenum was having a great game. A guy like Brees can make everyone better.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way Smed Carson Palmer will be 36 next week. And Tom Tom Will be 39 next year.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where are you getting your stats from? The Saints are 31st in yards allowed and they give up 30.5 points a game, which is last. They couldn't sniff out d's jock strap. Not to mention we still play good defense despite having 3 impact starters out for the year, and others missing time.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was an elite QB in the league just OUR best option when he was here not to get rid of him. and we still don't have anyone as good as him. and he didn't have weapons like Austin and Gurley. and you don't call Gurley and Austin weapons? and I think some of these guys gave up when they saw we didn't have a QB, not that its right but I think that happened. look at how Cookie played last night as soon it was apperent Keenum was having a great game. A guy like Brees can make everyone better.

How do you even see the end of your nose? You constantly have said that he is an elite QB, only recently have you tempered your greatness of him!

Ya if you believe Cook stepped up because of that you definitely are on the doobage! As far as Palmer and Brady, ya Brees would fut with both those teams, that's what you aren't getting, he wouldn't fit with our team.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how much better our defense would be with a decent to good offense? Having to be on the field 35-40 minutes for most games has hurt our defense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you even see the end of your nose? You constantly have said that he is an elite QB, only recently have you tempered your greatness of him!

Ya if you believe Cook stepped up because of that you definitely are on the doobage! As far as Palmer and Brady, ya Brees would fut with both those teams, that's what you aren't getting, he wouldn't fit with our team.

Sam has an elite arm. But doesn't have all the traits to make up a Hall of Fame quarterback. But then again like I said he never has had very much help around him either. Not to mention some very bad luck. I could see Sam having a Carlson Palmer type ending to his career if he gets on the right team. They have had very similar carrers so far. Bad teams blown knees etc. No I don't get why Brees wouldn't fit on our team lol. do you really think if the Saints called Fisher and Snead and asked to trade him Fisher would say well we would like to but he really just doesn't fit here? We don't like those HOF types?

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam has an elite arm. But doesn't have all the traits to make up a Hall of Fame quarterback. But then again like I said he never has had very much help around him either. Not to mention some very bad luck. I could see Sam having a Carlson Palmer type ending to his career if he gets on the right team. They have had very similar carrers so far. Bad teams blown knees etc. No I don't get why Brees wouldn't fit on our team lol

Ya he has an elite arm, yet has never proven it! youre right its always the cast around him, I mean lack of a cast around him! and you are right, you don't get it! he could only dream about having a Palmer ending!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam has an elite arm. But doesn't have all the traits to make up a Hall of Fame quarterback. But then again like I said he never has had very much help around him either. Not to mention some very bad luck. I could see Sam having a Carlson Palmer type ending to his career if he gets on the right team. They have had very similar carrers so far. Bad teams blown knees etc. No I don't get why Brees wouldn't fit on our team lol. do you really think if the Saints called Fisher and Snead and asked to trade him Fisher would say well we would like to but he really just doesn't fit here? We don't like those HOF types?

Get over it, its not going to happen, and if it did who do you think NO would want for him? we are not giving up one of our studs for a 37 year old QB, do you really think we would.

You're examples of older QB that have succeeded is also lame, I could probably name you 5 for every 1 that don't play well past that age! We did that back in the day Namath, Hadl, Bartkowski, Pastorini, all excellent QB's, but to old! Im sure Im forgetting some also, and that's just the ones the Rams have had! in fact Manning should have retired last year, he has looked awful this year, but Im sure Fisher would pull the trigger, I mean after all, he is a HOF QB.

in your mind why don't we just go after your boy again, I mean according to you he would thrive with our new offense!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how much better our defense would be with a decent to good offense? Having to be on the field 35-40 minutes for most games has hurt our defense.

I totally agree that a better offense would help our defense. but at the same time I have seen our great defense give up way to many long scoring drives early in the game, that is not on the offense. As already stated, our defense may have already peaked?
Ive also seen where we have been in games late and lost because of our defense! As Ive already said we put some big points on the board last year, only to see the defense give up even more, was that because they were on the field to long, I think not !

Have you noticed, or is it just me, we continue to have key injuries to our defense, we have guys that are playing with nagging injuries, that's a problem? I also see us losing a handful of defensive guys next year. On top of losing guys, some want us to make a trade, where do you think these trade pieces are going to come from, are we trading Gurley or Austin, because nobody would want anyone else on our offense, so that would mean that we would have to deplete the defense even more than its going to be next year!

We are getting closer and closer to what many on here have been fearing for a couple of years, we are wasting the talents of our defense, and it may already be starting to catch up with u

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it, its not going to happen, and if it did who do you think NO would want for him? we are not giving up one of our studs for a 37 year old QB, do you really think we would.

You're examples of older QB that have succeeded is also lame, I could probably name you 5 for every 1 that don't play well past that age! We did that back in the day Namath, Hadl, Bartkowski, Pastorini, all excellent QB's, but to old! Im sure Im forgetting some also, and that's just the ones the Rams have had! in fact Manning should have retired last year, he has looked awful this year, but Im sure Fisher would pull the trigger, I mean after all, he is a HOF QB.

in your mind why don't we just go after your boy again, I mean according to you he would thrive with our new offense!

Fisher burned that bridge. I don't think Sam will play for him again. We wouldn't give them any players unless they wanted Foles. We would give them our 1st rd pick. That's it. They would be in the tough position being stuck with paying him 20m for one year or get a first rd pick for him vs nothing next year. They just might do it. Like I said he would have to agree to an extension 3 years 15m a year. He would be getting more money in the long run.