• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's s quick list.. Lots of good Game managers. I think Kirk cousins and Bradford will probably be the top two teams will be after. I like Daniels to. His ability to scramble and Run is a nice threat.

Sam Bradford QB PHI $12,985,000 UFA
Chase Daniel QB KC $4,800,000 UFA
Drew Stanton QB ARI $3,866,668 UFA
Chad Henne QB JAC $3,500,000 UFA
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB NYJ $3,250,000 UFA
Matt Hasselbeck QB IND $3,000,000 UFA
Matt Moore QB MIA $2,600,000 UFA
Matt Schaub QB BAL $2,000,000 UFA
Bruce Gradkowski QB PIT $1,833,334 UFA
Kellen Clemens QB SD $1,822,500 UFA
Matt Cassel QB DAL $1,764,705 UFA
Tarvaris Jackson QB SEA $1,500,000 UFA
Scott Tolzien QB GB $1,200,000 UFA
Brock Osweiler QB DEN $1,118,944 UFA
Charlie Whitehurst QB IND $941,176 UFA
Kirk Cousins QB WAS $778,172 UFA
Luke McCown QB NO $665,000 UFA
Joe Webb QB CAR $665,000 UFA
Dan Orlovsky QB DET $665,000 UFA
Michael Vick QB PIT $585,000 UFA
Thaddeus Lewis QB PHI $516,176 UFA
Josh Johnson QB BUF $412,941 UFA
T.J. Yates QB HOU $344,117 UFA
Matt Flynn QB NO $275,294 UFA
Brandon Weeden QB HOU $271,764 UFA
Jimmy Clausen QB BAL

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a couple (Bradford not being one of them) I think that list looks like a lot of suckage!

I see where there are more than a few "so called experts" that have us drafted Lynch? At 6-7 the guy is a big boy, I think he "might" be there in the second?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should go WR, OL, MLB

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's going to be some pretty good free-agent quarterbacks available... I think the Rams will go that route before looking in the draft. I agree Ozark

Didn't someone post a five free agent qb list, and four of them were former Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are drafting a QB in Rd1 unless they trade for someone like Brady's backup

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are drafting a QB in Rd1 unless they trade for someone like Brady's backup

Not to sure, the options aren't the best, this years QB class is pretty weak!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't someone post a five free agent qb list, and four of them were former Rams.

Well Fitz is likely to re-sign here in NY. The NY papers are saying that as long as the Jets make the playoffs, Fitz will be re-signed...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play a little fantasy... Or is it... Drew Brees has one more year left on his contract next year (2016) then he's a free agent. there has been some rumors that the Saints might be interested in trading him. He will be 37 next year and they might figure we better get something for him now because he Will be 38 when he hits free agency. Not to mention they need help. Drew makes 20m next year. What would you give up draft wise to get him?? Even if he only has three good years left I think I would still take a chance with the team we already have around him. hopefully they would take Foles so that would eliminate that contract but I doubt it. So would you give them a 1st, 3rd, Foles for Brees? Foles would actually be like giving us compensation.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play a little fantasy... Or is it... Drew Brees has one more year left on his contract next year (2016) then he's a free agent. there has been some rumors that the Saints might be interested in trading him. He will be 37 next year and they might figure we better get something for him now because he Will be 38 when he hits free agency. Not to mention they need help. Drew makes 20m next year. What would you give up draft wise to get him?? Even if he only has three good years left I think I would still take a chance with the team we already have around him. hopefully they would take Foles so that would eliminate that contract but I doubt it. So would you give them a 1st, 3rd, Foles for Brees? Foles would actually be like giving us compensation.
It is interesting. But you know as soon as he got here he would forget how to hand off and pass. Then tear his acl in warm ups.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting. But you know as soon as he got here he would forget how to hand off and pass. Then tear his acl in warm ups.

Ha! Probably so true! Fisher and Snead are feeling the heat to win now so they just might find some balls to try something like this.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play a little fantasy... Or is it... Drew Brees has one more year left on his contract next year (2016) then he's a free agent. there has been some rumors that the Saints might be interested in trading him. He will be 37 next year and they might figure we better get something for him now because he Will be 38 when he hits free agency. Not to mention they need help. Drew makes 20m next year. What would you give up draft wise to get him?? Even if he only has three good years left I think I would still take a chance with the team we already have around him. hopefully they would take Foles so that would eliminate that contract but I doubt it. So would you give them a 1st, 3rd, Foles for Brees? Foles would
actually be like giving us compensation.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that you have already visited this question?

It's a pipe dream Coug, and I mean a Stedman Bailey type pipe?

Why would we trade for a 37 year old QB that "isn't" mobile and put him behind this oline, and with these WR's? On top of the fact,he would not be cheap, and why in the Hell would he even want to play with a team that has no chance at a Super Bowl in the next couple of years? Do you think Manning would have come here a couple years ago? Hell No, he went to Denver because he wanted another shot at the title, it's the same with Brees, why would he want to end his career with a team that might sniff the playoffs at best, while he was here? If he goes anywhere, he will go to a team that has a chance.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that you have already visited this question?

It's a pipe dream Coug, and I mean a Stedman Bailey type pipe?

Why would we trade for a 37 year old QB that "isn't" mobile and put him behind this oline, and with these WR's? On top of the fact,he would not be cheap, and why in the Hell would he even want to play with a team that has no chance at a Super Bowl in the next couple of years? Do you think Manning would have come here a couple years ago? Hell No, he went to Denver because he wanted another shot at the title, it's the same with Brees, why would he want to end his career with a team that might sniff the playoffs at best, while he was here? If he goes anywhere, he will go to a team that has a chance.

Well first off it's a trade so technically he wouldn't have a say on it. Second he's way more mobile than Foles lumbering giraffe ass. If we acquired him we be able to draft a couple lineman to fix the line versus having to spend a first-round pick on a unknown quarterback. No he wouldn't be cheap but guess what Hall of Fame quarterbacks aren't or any good ones for that matter. No chance of winning a Super Bowl?? We have a top 10 if not five defense? Maybe the best running back in the league. Were a quarterback a way of being in the playoffs and being a threat. Ever heard the story of the 99 Rams? don't think they were predicted to win the Super Bowl either. You need to set your sights higher than Austin Davis.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off it's a trade so technically he wouldn't have a say on it. Second he's way more mobile than Foles lumbering giraffe ass. If we acquired him we be able to draft a couple lineman to fix the line versus having to spend a first-round pick on a unknown quarterback. No he wouldn't be cheap but guess what Hall of Fame quarterbacks aren't or any good ones for that matter. No chance of winning a Super Bowl?? We have a top 10 if not five defense? Maybe the best running back in the league. Were a quarterback a way of being in the playoffs and being a threat. Ever heard the story of the 99 Rams? don't think they were predicted to win the Super Bowl either. You need to set your sights higher than Austin
Davis.

There's your problem Coug, no one mentioned Davis? We are not paying that kind of money for a QB, we would have to give up talent of which would be on the defensive side of the ball, because maybe Yiu haven't noticed, they wouldn't want anyone other than Gurley off our offense. Brees would probably veto any trade to the Rams, and I think the Saints have a little more respect for Brees than to trade him here?

Ever heard the story of the 15 Rams, we have no one close to Holt, Bruce, or that oline, let alone I would take Warner in his
prime over a 37 year old Brees. On top of our coaching isn't very good, maybe you haven't noticed?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 isn't that old for a QB if your trying to win now. Not sure why you think were so far off we have a great defense when healthy. Todd Gurley is a beast. I'm guessing Brees would find Austin a lot more not to mention make all of our receivers better. Teams don't respect our passing game right now so They can just stop the run if we had a legit quarterback they couldn't do that. You can see tonight just want a little bit of passing can do. I bring up Davis because you seem to have no problem with him being our quarterback yet you have a problem with Brees??

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 isn't that old for a QB if your trying to win now. Not sure why you think were so far off we have a great defense when healthy. Todd Gurley is a beast. I'm guessing Brees would find Austin a lot more not to mention make all of our receivers better. Teams don't respect our passing game right now so They can just stop the run if we had a legit quarterback they couldn't do that. You can see tonight just want a little bit of passing can do. I bring up Davis because you seem to have no problem with him being our quarterback yet you have a problem with Brees??

And you don't get the fact that this is one game, we could easily look like shit next week? We are playing well, but it could be a combination of Tampa Bay playing like shit. We have had a couple big runs, otherwise the running game has been nothing special, also have had a couple other big plays that have put us where we are. That's like with any week, sometimes you get those big plays, sometimes not! Sorry, but 37 is getting up there for ANY football player!

As far as our defense, the window may already be closing, yes we have a lot of good players, but we will be losing some of them next year, and if we trade for Brees, we would lose a couple more, because that is what it would take! I think our oline will improve, but they will be nowhere super Bowl worthy in 1 or 2 years. Think what you want, but an older QB is not going to thrive behind this oline!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think we would be better off with someone else at QB next year then Drew Brees if we could get him? How many games do we win this year if he was here? Our Oline isn't that bad as long as we don't try that zone blocking crap like we were doing. Now we are just doing straight up power blocking which they can do. Tampa is very good against the run.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think we would be better off with someone else at QB next year then Drew Brees if we could get him? How many games do we win this year if he was here? Our Oline isn't that bad as long as we don't try that zone blocking crap like we were doing. Now we are just doing straight up power blocking which they can do. Tampa is very good against the run.

You keep saying"if we could get him" I'd be willing to bet the house he is not coming here! You keep thinking we are a QB away from going to the Super Bowl, were not, as you saw today and a few other times this year, we are not an elite defense, we have a ton of great players, but we disappear way to often! As I said, we will also lose some of those guys next year, Long isn't the player he was, you even said in another post JL55 is not the player he once was, Quinn didn't do much at all this year, who knows, he may have already peeked and may turn out to be like Long, hampered by little injuries here and there! We will lose either Johnson or Jenkins. Yes we still have alot of talent on the D, but I don't think it's as great as some people on here think?

As far as the Rams being better with Brees here this year, we will never know, we could be worse, we could be better, or we
could be right where we are! Where did he take the Saints last year, Saints are 5-8 this year? He has had good WR's and a great TE. Brees is a great QB, still has something left, but he is not a good fit for this team. He would not take the pounding with this team, you can believe that or not. Do yiu think all of a sudden Cook and Britt would learn to catch the ball, think Quick all of a sudden would start getting open? Like I said I don't think he would want to play for a team that "maybe" might make the playoffs if everything goes right!
But again, you believe what you want!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Bree's would instantly make us a playoff team. Smart, talented QB's like him would adjust to our o-line (which might be a strength next year with all the young guys playing well. Bye-bye Saffold, hello Wichman?) and make our receivers better. There are some very good WR's to be had in this draft. Adding Brees with a young play maker would open up our offense so much and would allow Gurley to run wild.