• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's way more mobile than Foles lumbering giraffe ass.

With comments like this, its a good thing that we are on the negativity thread!.......Oh Wait????

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your condolences mtcougar!

Just found myself doing some binge drinking during the process. I've got a handle on it now, but because of it, I was posting out of character, so my apologies to those who took the brunt of it. (RR comes to mind)

I just needed a sports posting break because, as most of you know, I've never done well with all the negativity that flies around here like a bat around a light post (Especially all the name calling) and it's been a shits storm of negativity around here this year with our Rams.

I'll be back posting about our Rams bro, (I'm beginning to give a shit about some of the BS I've been reading here and there :lol:) although, probably too soon for some of yous. :suds:

Sorry for your loss!

But I guess I'm a little confused as why you would hit the "like" button on Cougs posts when he calls Foles a lumbering giraffe ass? ........Isn't this kind of going against your so called beliefs here?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there Cougar with the bullshit ratings. Just a little poking fun at you after you introduced the term. And a reminder to all. Be careful with the name-calling which is a no-no. You are not on the negativity thread.

With all due respect sir, with all of my back and forths with Coug as of late, I have learned to re-read my posts before I hit "reply" to ensure that I am abiding by your rules with no name calling or player name calling! FWIW, I think that you are doing a pretty good job enforcing the rules, but I think V-mike hit the nail on the head, when he says there has been a ton of name calling!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Bree's would instantly make us a playoff team. Smart, talented QB's like him would adjust to our o-line (which might be a strength next year with all the young guys playing well. Bye-bye Saffold, hello Wichman?) and make our receivers better. There are some very good WR's to be had in this draft. Adding Brees with a young play maker would open up our offense so much and would allow Gurley to run wild.

Yep, that's why the Saints are 5-8 with a lot of talented young WR's, and 7-9 last year, with good WR's and a great TE

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the future plans for Mark Barron are but that guy can flat out hit.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's why the Saints are 5-8 with a lot of talented young WR's, and 7-9 last year, with good WR's and a great TE

They have no defense and you know that. That's a very disingenuous comment.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for your loss!
Thank you zeke!

But I guess I'm a little confused as why you would hit the "like" button on Cougs posts when he calls Foles a lumbering giraffe ass? ........Isn't this kind of going against your so called beliefs here?
I think I know what you are doing here zeke and if so I appreciate it!!

So with that, I'll take the bait.

Zeke, I 'liked' mtcougar's post because he was right about it being a trade so Brees wouldn't have a choice about coming here to St. Louis, and I liked his take on how bringing in a Vet QB would provide options for us in the draft with our o-line. Also, I liked and agree that we have a stellar defense, one hell of a RB in Gurley (See my avatar) and that if we had one of the top QB's in this league, we would be in the hunt again, just as the Cards were with Kurt Warner. Last, I thought his final sentence was funny with all the back and forth between he as Smed. (Their exchanges can be entertaining at times, no?)

Either way, here is mtcougars' entire post to refresh all of our memories. I've highlighted the parts I liked.

Well first off it's a trade so technically he wouldn't have a say on it. Second he's way more mobile than Foles lumbering giraffe ass. If we acquired him we be able to draft a couple lineman to fix the line versus having to spend a first-round pick on a unknown quarterback. No he wouldn't be cheap but guess what Hall of Fame quarterbacks aren't or any good ones for that matter. No chance of winning a Super Bowl?? We have a top 10 if not five defense? Maybe the best running back in the league. Were a quarterback a way of being in the playoffs and being a threat. Ever heard the story of the 99 Rams? don't think they were predicted to win the Super Bowl either. You need to set your sights higher than Austin Davis.

Now, yes mtcougar did compare Foles in a simile fashion to a Giraffe, but that's for RR to weigh in on or not, not me. (BTW - I think RR does well at giving a lot of posts here some leeway or latitude but acts when things begin to get out of control) With that, I don't have any TOS issues with MtCougar's Giraffe take, even though it was not kind.

As far as, my statement goes of not doing well with negativity, it's not a belief or even my so called belief. LOL, it's just a take on how I was or how I am handling all the bitching, moaning and name calling at this time. Yes, I'm not a big fan of those sorts of posts or takes, but it doesn't make me immune it, hell I'm human and even I can find myself falling into that trap just as easy as anyone. I just made my statement because a lot of us here are frustrated with the progress of our teams development to date and when dealing with my personal issues comes into conflict with those needing to express themselves, it's a 'me' problem with how I feel, and that is why I've been laying low, and for apologizing when I didn't behave like I expect of myself.

Post Edit: I should add that I do enjoy the smack talk posts zeke. I know that those types of posts and negative posts can look the same but I think most people can distinguish the vitriol, abusive and venomous comments cast upon those in our organization and others compared to some good 'ole fun poke and jab types. There is nothing black and white about it, therefore judgement and wisdom must trump fairness in treatment when judging intent.

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's s quick list.. Lots of good Game managers. I think Kirk cousins and Bradford will probably be the top two teams will be after. I like Daniels to. His ability to scramble and Run is a nice threat.

Sam Bradford QB PHI $12,985,000 UFA
Chase Daniel QB KC $4,800,000 UFA
Drew Stanton QB ARI $3,866,668 UFA
Chad Henne QB JAC $3,500,000 UFA
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB NYJ $3,250,000 UFA
Matt Hasselbeck QB IND $3,000,000 UFA
Matt Moore QB MIA $2,600,000 UFA
Matt Schaub QB BAL $2,000,000 UFA
Bruce Gradkowski QB PIT $1,833,334 UFA
Kellen Clemens QB SD $1,822,500 UFA
Matt Cassel QB DAL $1,764,705 UFA
Tarvaris Jackson QB SEA $1,500,000 UFA
Scott Tolzien QB GB $1,200,000 UFA
Brock Osweiler QB DEN $1,118,944 UFA
Charlie Whitehurst QB IND $941,176 UFA
Kirk Cousins QB WAS $778,172 UFA
Luke McCown QB NO $665,000 UFA
Joe Webb QB CAR $665,000 UFA
Dan Orlovsky QB DET $665,000 UFA
Michael Vick QB PIT $585,000 UFA
Thaddeus Lewis QB PHI $516,176 UFA
Josh Johnson QB BUF $412,941 UFA
T.J. Yates QB HOU $344,117 UFA
Matt Flynn QB NO $275,294 UFA
Brandon Weeden QB HOU $271,764 UFA
Jimmy Clausen QB BAL

Honestly, Fitzpatrick looks like a good deal on that list. And the Jets have Geno and Bryce Petty waiting in the wings. :idea:

@Vitamike sorry about your loss bro. I'm sure your dad was a good dude and is in a good place.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Bree's would instantly make us a playoff team. Smart, talented QB's like him would adjust to our o-line (which might be a strength next year with all the young guys playing well. Bye-bye Saffold, hello Wichman?) and make our receivers better. There are some very good WR's to be had in this draft. Adding Brees with a young play maker would open up our offense so much and would allow Gurley to run wild.

I'd take Brees, but he ain't coming to the Rams without some weapons at WR and a stud LT. This offense needs a 6'2+ #1 WR, TE, and a stud LT - then we are legit on offense.

If Brees goes anywhere, it's to a contender to play for a ring. He's not going somewhere to get smoked because of a lack of pass protection.

Keenum was good last night because the play calling was actually really good for once and they had Case getting rid of the ball quickly. Not to mention Cook and Britt were solid and actually caught the ball! :yes:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect sir, with all of my back and forths with Coug as of late, I have learned to re-read my posts before I hit "reply" to ensure that I am abiding by your rules with no name calling or player name calling! FWIW, I think that you are doing a pretty good job enforcing the rules, but I think V-mike hit the nail on the head, when he says there has been a ton of name calling!

Name-calling other posters is never permitted anywhere on the board, Zeke. I think everyone knows that and I will mention something when there is a violation that brought my OP out. There are three threads where name-calling the Rams is permitted: The Negativity thread, the Game threads, and the annual Draft threads.

In the interest of promoting posting and fun on the board, I have relaxed my "policing" of it on the the Rams Current Events and News thread, on the LA is a Go thread, and Frank Cignetti Fired thread. I have been just as guilty as others. I suggest that we can return to letting people know (including myself) that enough is enough and I will certainly do so after the season is over.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for your loss!

You have a lot of nerve Zeke trying to start crap when I Ignored all you're referring to me as a woman stuff. So Please wipe your tears please. I think most people on here know I'm just trying to get a laugh not offen people.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name-calling other posters is never permitted anywhere on the board, Zeke. I think everyone knows that and I will mention something when there is a violation that brought my OP out. There are three threads where name-calling the Rams is permitted: The Negativity thread, the Game threads, and the annual Draft threads.

In the interest of promoting posting and fun on the board, I have relaxed my "policing" of it on the the Rams Current Events and News thread, on the LA is a Go thread, and Frank Cignetti Fired thread. I have been just as guilty as others. I suggest that we can return to letting people know (including myself) that enough is enough and I will certainly do so after the season is over.

I think most people really appreciate a little more relaxed style on here. It wasn't too fun watching every word you said before.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Brees, but he ain't coming to the Rams without some weapons at WR and a stud LT. This offense needs a 6'2+ #1 WR, TE, and a stud LT - then we are legit on offense.

If Brees goes anywhere, it's to a contender to play for a ring. He's not going somewhere to get smoked because of a lack of pass protection.

Keenum was good last night because the play calling was actually really good for once and they had Case getting rid of the ball quickly. Not to mention Cook and Britt were solid and actually caught the ball! :yes:

I don't think we should give up on Greg Robinson yet at tackle. I believe Orlando Pace struggled the first couple years. I think our biggest need is a stud center!! SJ with an elite quarterback like that he would make our receivers better and with Gurley in the backfield my God they would have to guard against him not only running but in the passing game. Mix in Austin and Cookie, Maybe draft a WR in the 2nd and we would have a much better than average offense along with the very good defense. Imo

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have I missed? Coug you ole dog stirrin up sheet again.

upset special.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should give up on Greg Robinson yet at tackle. I believe Orlando Pace struggled the first couple years. I think our biggest need is a stud center!! SJ with an elite quarterback like that he would make our receivers better and with Gurley in the backfield my God they would have to guard against him not only running but in the passing game. Mix in Austin and Cookie, Maybe draft a WR in the 2nd and we would have a much better than average offense along with the very good defense. Imo

I would love to see us grab a LT with our first pick if one is there. Get a WR in the 2nd if one is there and get another WR later in the 5th.. Mike Thomas, Southern Mississippi :drool: You usually can find a good center in the 2nd or 3rd, even the 4th if you do your homework.

But really, we have to go BPA. If you go BPA consistently year after year, you have a roster full of beasts. If you after a need even every other year, you have some projects that may or may not work out.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT... I'm am not sold on Jared Cook after 1 good game. He's been too inconsistent. Maybe with the new OC, the offense starts to improve. That's all I want.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign Trumaine Johnson to an extension.

Not sure who else's contract is up after this year on the defense?? Brockers? I know Fairley signed a 1 year deal. But we need a few playmakers to go with Tavon and Gurley.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign Trumaine Johnson to an extension.

Not sure who else's contract is up after this year on the defense?? Brockers? I know Fairley signed a 1 year deal. But we need a few playmakers to go with Tavon and Gurley.

Yeah I agree on Johnson! It's bad... Jenkins, McLeod, Barron and I believe Hays are all free agents. I think they can use that 5 year option on Brockers which im sure they will do. We will have EJ Gains coming back. I wonder if we were franchise someone on defense. Barron? I would strongly suggest franchising Jenkins if we can't re-sign Johnson.