• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, I 'liked' mtcougar's post because he was right about it being a trade so Brees wouldn't have a choice about coming here to St. Louis, and I liked his take on how bringing in a Vet QB would provide options for us in the draft with our o-line. Also, I liked and agree that we have a stellar defense, one hell of a RB in Gurley (See my avatar) and that if we had one of the top QB's in this league, we would be in the hunt again, just as the Cards were with Kurt Warner. Last, I thought his final sentence was funny with all the back and forth between he as Smed. (Their exchanges can be entertaining at times, no?)

All I can say is thanks for being honest! One thing I do like about you is you always respond to my posts with an honest answer. Yes I understand that there were many parts to Cougs post to like other than the Foles slam. But I also know that you have a big problem with any type of negativity(especially name calling) on any topic on this board. You even say so in post#750 on this thread! I guess I was a little curious as to why you might have overlooked this. Was it because coug is your friend and you share the same interests? So I called you out on it. Some here(myself included) have actually been banned for doing the exact same thing!

Now, yes mtcougar did compare Foles in a simile fashion to a Giraffe, but that's for RR to weigh in on or not, not me. (BTW - I think RR does well at giving a lot of posts here some leeway or latitude but acts when things begin to get out of control) With that, I don't have any TOS issues with MtCougar's Giraffe take, even though it was not kind.

you are correct! 1 year ago we were having the same Bradford arguments as we are having now:L, only difference was he was a RAM qb. I was a big criticizer then and nothings really changed. I also remember getting banned for calling Bradford a pussy! At the time I guess I didn't really know the rules that well and paid the price for it. Again this is another reason why I called you out!

As far as, my statement goes of not doing well with negativity, it's not a belief or even my so called belief. LOL, it's just a take on how I was or how I am handling all the bitching, moaning and name calling at this time. Yes, I'm not a big fan of those sorts of posts or takes, but it doesn't make me immune it, hell I'm human and even I can find myself falling into that trap just as easy as anyone. I just made my statement because a lot of us here are frustrated with the progress of our teams development to date and when dealing with my personal issues comes into conflict with those needing to express themselves, it's a 'me' problem with how I feel, and that is why I've been laying low, and for apologizing when I didn't behave like I expect of myself.

I think that we can all agree that negativity is part of life! You can try to control it, but you will never get rid of it! We all bitch every single day! Some more than others! You just have learn to either deal with it or sometimes even try to avoid it. I guess when it comes to your friends you become more lenient towards it! One thing is for certain, on a message board things are a little different!

Post Edit: I should add that I do enjoy the smack talk posts zeke. I know that those types of posts and negative posts can look the same but I think most people can distinguish the vitriol, abusive and venomous comments cast upon those in our organization and others compared to some good 'ole fun poke and jab types. There is nothing black and white about it, therefore judgement and wisdom must trump fairness in treatment when judging intent.

I am not here to be your enemy! Feel free to smack anytime! I'll do the same! I just want fairness across the board! I like reading yours/Cougs/others comments. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I disrespect you. I may think you are crazy for some of your ideas, but that is what makes this board fun! We all want to win and we all have our dumb ideas!

Again FWIW.....Sorry to hear about your Dad!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher burned that bridge. I don't think Sam will play for him again. We wouldn't give them any players unless they wanted Foles. We would give them our 1st rd pick. That's it. They would be in the tough position being stuck with paying him 20m for one year or get a first rd pick for him vs nothing next year. They just might do it. Like I said he would have to agree to an extension 3 years 15m a year. He would be getting more money in the long run.

Lets see, you really don't know what you are getting with a 37 year old QB with our system and oline. You really don't know what you are getting drafting a QB with your first round pick either, but I think I would take my chances with the younger guy and his future?

That being said, Brees was worth a #1 pick a few years ago, he isn't now! As far as your boy, I was kidding, we have already experienced him, if he was available I wouldn't want him. If we would have had him this year I don't see the results of our season being any different, of course you disagree with that, why wouldn't you? But of course Cook and others have dropped multiple passes and our playcalling has been horrid, but that all would have changed if your boy was here, repeatedly picking himself up off the ground, until that inevitable time when he was carried off the field!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, I 'liked' mtcougar's post because he was right about it being a trade so Brees wouldn't have a choice about coming here to St. Louis, and I liked his take on how bringing in a Vet QB would provide options for us in the draft with our o-line. Also, I liked and agree that we have a stellar defense, one hell of a RB in Gurley (See my avatar) and that if we had one of the top QB's in this league, we would be in the hunt again, just as the Cards were with Kurt Warner. Last, I thought his final sentence was funny with all the back and forth between he as Smed. (Their exchanges can be entertaining at times, no?)

All I can say is thanks for being honest! One thing I do like about you is you always respond to my posts with an honest answer. Yes I understand that there were many parts to Cougs post to like other than the Foles slam. But I also know that you have a big problem with any type of negativity(especially name calling) on any topic on this board. You even say so in post#750 on this thread! I guess I was a little curious as to why you might have overlooked this. Was it because coug is your friend and you share the same interests? So I called you out on it. Some here(myself included) have actually been banned for doing the exact same thing!

Now, yes mtcougar did compare Foles in a simile fashion to a Giraffe, but that's for RR to weigh in on or not, not me. (BTW - I think RR does well at giving a lot of posts here some leeway or latitude but acts when things begin to get out of control) With that, I don't have any TOS issues with MtCougar's Giraffe take, even though it was not kind.

you are correct! 1 year ago we were having the same Bradford arguments as we are having now:L, only difference was he was a RAM qb. I was a big criticizer then and nothings really changed. I also remember getting banned for calling Bradford a pussy! At the time I guess I didn't really know the rules that well and paid the price for it. Again this is another reason why I called you out!

As far as, my statement goes of not doing well with negativity, it's not a belief or even my so called belief. LOL, it's just a take on how I was or how I am handling all the bitching, moaning and name calling at this time. Yes, I'm not a big fan of those sorts of posts or takes, but it doesn't make me immune it, hell I'm human and even I can find myself falling into that trap just as easy as anyone. I just made my statement because a lot of us here are frustrated with the progress of our teams development to date and when dealing with my personal issues comes into conflict with those needing to express themselves, it's a 'me' problem with how I feel, and that is why I've been laying low, and for apologizing when I didn't behave like I expect of myself.

I think that we can all agree that negativity is part of life! You can try to control it, but you will never get rid of it! We all bitch every single day! Some more than others! You just have learn to either deal with it or sometimes even try to avoid it. I guess when it comes to your friends you become more lenient towards it! One thing is for certain, on a message board things are a little different!

Post Edit: I should add that I do enjoy the smack talk posts zeke. I know that those types of posts and negative posts can look the same but I think most people can distinguish the vitriol, abusive and venomous comments cast upon those in our organization and others compared to some good 'ole fun poke and jab types. There is nothing black and white about it, therefore judgement and wisdom must trump fairness in treatment when judging intent.

I am not here to be your enemy! Feel free to smack anytime! I'll do the same! I just want fairness across the board! I like reading yours/Cougs/others comments. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I disrespect you. I may think you are crazy for some of your ideas, but that is what makes this board fun! We all want to win and we all have our dumb ideas!

Again FWIW.....Sorry to hear about your Dad!
For the record, as one of the Rams' board moderators, I've never had to take action with any Rams' posters to date. Actually I've only given two warnings and both were to fans of different team boards where each were obviously trolling, a TOS violation. One got pissed and overly offended and said he would never return. The other got the boot by another Admin who had been following his trolling ways on other SportsHoopla pages and threads prior to coming to our Rams board. When he got here, the admin following, had zero tolerance towards him, since he had been trolling every where, topic after topic, on other SportsHoopla boards. I gave him a chance to post without trolling and gave him a warning or two but that was the final straw from the Admins point of view and he got the boot.

Oh and zeke, I've always liked your posts! For the most part, when I talk about negativity, it's rarely about any one poster or post, it's been the totality for me of negativity as a whole by our boards at times.

Like I said, I realized it was a 'me' problem and that was the primary reason I needed to step back from posting, at least until I felt I could post without lashing out at any one individual.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself 88, the Rams are 12th in defense in the NFC, NO is 15th, the Saints offense is better than the Rams by a long shot, yet Brees has the Saints at 5-8. If your defense gives up points then your offense needs to score when you get the ball back, that's how ut works, and Brees has always ad great weapons!

We have a ton of stud defensive players, but face it, our defense disappears quite often, we got lit up in the first half by Martin gashing our run defense, 2nd half a rookie QB lit us up! This isn't the first time our defense has disappeared this year. It also disappeared a few times last year!

Rams D is drastically better than Nawlins D. Our D has been on the field for ALOT of game so you cannot go by overall stats alone.

I would love to have rookies Stephone Anthony and PJ Williams off that Defense tho. :nod:

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming Rams free agents:
Offense:
C Tim Barnes
C Brian Folkerts
LT Isaiah Battle
QB Case Keenum
RB Benny Cunningham
RB Chase Reynolds
FB Corey Harkey
WR Brian Quick
WR Wes Welker
K Greg Zuerlein

Defense:
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
DT Nick Fairley
OLB Mark Barron
ILB Daren Bates
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
FS Rodney McCleod
FS Cody Davis

Have to sign Tru Johnson and Barron. Quick if he is cheap. It's a must with those DBs tho. Why we didn't lock up Trumaine earlier is beyond me. He's Richard Sherman's size and only getting better. Waiting cost the Rams Million$.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, as one of the Rams' board moderators, I've never had to take action with any Rams' posters to date. Actually I've only given two warnings and both were to fans of different team boards where each were obviously trolling, a TOS violation. One got pissed and overly offended and said he would never return. The other got the boot by another Admin who had been following his trolling ways on other SportsHoopla pages and threads prior to coming to our Rams board. When he got here, the admin following, had zero tolerance towards him, since he had been trolling every where, topic after topic, on other SportsHoopla boards. I gave him a chance to post without trolling and gave him a warning or two but that was the final straw from the Admins point of view and he got the boot.

Oh and zeke, I've always liked your posts! For the most part, when I talk about negativity, it's rarely about any one poster or post, it's been the totality for me of negativity as a whole by our boards at times.

Like I said, I realized it was a 'me' problem and that was the primary reason I needed to step back from posting, at least until I felt I could post without lashing out at any one individual.

Thanks for monitoring, trolls are the worst! I have looked at other boards, not very often, but have never commented!

Ill admit, I will argue, I MEAN DEBATE ISSUES with others and it quite often turns into negativity. But its kind of funny how there wasn't that much of that going on when a certain member who shall remain nameless was gone for like 3 months, then upon said member perusing these boards again, it seems like it picked back up again?

Coincidence you ask? I think not!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for monitoring, trolls are the worst! I have looked at other boards, not very often, but have never commented!

Ill admit, I will argue, I MEAN DEBATE ISSUES with others and it quite often turns into negativity. But its kind of funny how there wasn't that much of that going on when a certain member who shall remain nameless was gone for like 3 months, then upon said member perusing these boards again, it seems like it picked back up again?

You argue with anything I say. I mean I suggest Drew Brees be our quarterback and you are totally against that idea?? that just blows my mind. That somehow you think our team wouldn't be better? Yet somehow if Austin Davis would magically make it back to our team to ride the bench you would be perfectly happy and feel warm inside. :noidea:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams D is drastically better than Nawlins D. Our D has been on the field for ALOT of game so you cannot go by overall stats.

I know, but you can also say that if you have an offense that is going to put points on the board, the other team is going to have to pull out all the stops and keep up with you.

The Super Bowl Rams defense was pretty good, but since we scored so much and so often the other teams were throwing the ball and putting up numbers against our defense, so they didn't look as good as they actually were?

I know our defense is better than the Saints, but when you look at the big picture they aren't doing that much better. Saints give up what like 9 more points a game than we do, Saints offense scores about 8 more points. Usaully, not always, the more your offense scores , the more the other team has to do to keep up and they will have more yards and points against your defense
At the same time, you can say our D has been on the field a lot, but they have also given up big chunks, and big plays early in games, Im thinking they shouldn't be tired then, should they?

in summation, we do have a good defense, is it great, I don't think so! there still is a lot of games where they don't look very good and you cant blame it on fatigue and being on the field to much, although there are time that is true!
Last night they looked pretty good early, not so good in the second half, were they tired, shouldn't have been we put up enough points in the first half? without looking it up we had at least a couple games last year when we scored 30 points and lost the games, so I wouldn't say that was on the offense?

It just seems like we are out of position and fall asleep more than we should be!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You argue with anything I say. I mean I suggest Drew Brees be our quarterback and you are totally against that idea?? that just blows my mind. That somehow you think our team wouldn't be better? Yet somehow if Austin Davis would magically make it back to our team to ride the bench you would be perfectly happy and feel warm inside. :noidea:

Who said it was you, I never mentioned your name, yet you just assumed it was you?:noidea:
Its called point-counterpoint, obviously I just don't agree with a lot of things you say. I don't think Brees is the answer, sorry:2cents: Now if you would have said Brady, maybe?, Ive actually seen him make average receivers look better! Not saying he could even help this team, but more likely than Brees.

I have my disagreements with a few people on here, but you seem to have more disagreements with anyone I know?
your man crush has been an ongoing thing for a long time now, I stick up for Davis only because he did a capable job while he was in there ,and I don't feel like he got a fair shake, unlike someone else that got chance after chance to prove himself, and didn't! but of course you don't see the difference?

This is one of the reasons I put you on ignore, just seems like a lot of your posts are out there, way out there!
When you make comments about how any team would want your boy, I disagree with that comment and I will tell you why I do! Whether you believe it or not , MOST teams are happy with their QB situation, some aren't. you spew his great rookie year, but there are more QB's that have been drafted since 2010 that have had close to, or just as good a year as he did their rookie year. there are also a handful that have had better rookie years in the past 5 years than he did, in fact most of them have had better 2nd years than he had! and some of them have played on worse teams, so save your "hes played on bad teams argument"

As far as this Brees debate, well you threw it out there, I gave you my reasons why I don't like it, but you seem to think that everyone should agree with you, just like everyone should agree with you about your boy! Im sure some teams would make that move, most others wouldn't!
hey not everyone agrees with my opinion of not having Brees on our team, Im not going to get all butt hurt about it though, that's what these boards are for, youre not going to agree with a lot of people on things, just so happens I don't agree with most of your comments, but I have given you a like here and there' so youre not completely wrong:D

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a lot of nerve Zeke trying to start crap when I Ignored all you're referring to me as a woman stuff. So Please wipe your tears please. I think most people on here know I'm just trying to get a laugh not offen people.

:baby: Awe Coogie :baby:

Trying to guess your gender shouldn't be considered name calling. I don't know you, I cant see or hear you! I'm just trying to somehow comprehend as to why in the hell your love and compassion runs so deep for Sammy! Could it possibly be because you are attracted to him? :mo: My sister thinks he's hot!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was you, I never mentioned your name, yet you just assumed it was you?:noidea:
Its called point-counterpoint, obviously I just don't agree with a lot of things you say. I don't think Brees is the answer, sorry:2cents: Now if you would have said Brady, maybe?, Ive actually seen him make average receivers look better! Not saying he could even help this team, but more likely than Brees.

I have my disagreements with a few people on here, but you seem to have more disagreements with anyone I know?
your man crush has been an ongoing thing for a long time now, I stick up for Davis only because he did a capable job while he was in there ,and I don't feel like he got a fair shake, unlike someone else that got chance after chance to prove himself, and didn't! but of course you don't see the difference?

This is one of the reasons I put you on ignore, just seems like a lot of your posts are out there, way out there!
When you make comments about how any team would want your boy, I disagree with that comment and I will tell you why I do! Whether you believe it or not , MOST teams are happy with their QB situation, some aren't. you spew his great rookie year, but there are more QB's that have been drafted since 2010 that have had close to, or just as good a year as he did their rookie year. there are also a handful that have had better rookie years in the past 5 years than he did, in fact most of them have had better 2nd years than he had! and some of them have played on worse teams, so save your "hes played on bad teams argument"

As far as this Brees debate, well you threw it out there, I gave you my reasons why I don't like it, but you seem to think that everyone should agree with you, just like everyone should agree with you about your boy! Im sure some teams would make that move, most others wouldn't!
hey not everyone agrees with my opinion of not having Brees on our team, Im not going to get all butt hurt about it though, that's what these boards are for, youre not going to agree with a lot of people on things, just so happens I don't agree with most of your comments, but I have given you a like here and there' so youre not completely wrong:D

Tom Brady a Ram!! That made me puke!! Smed think before you type dammit. Now I have to make a drink. :D

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK Smed I will leave.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady a Ram!! That made me puke!! Smed think before you type dammit. Now I have to make a drink. :D

I don't like him either, but I have to admit he's pretty damn good! I will also give you Coug that Brees is pretty damn good, I just don't see him as our answer, but than again I should be in the Ram organization because I don't know who the answer is either!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also unrealistic, as is Brees,

last year it was all about Rivers, this year Brees, wonder who the flavor of the year will be next year?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like him either, but I have to admit he's pretty damn good! I will also give you Coug that Brees is pretty damn good, I just don't see him as our answer, but than again I should be in the Ram organization because I don't know who the answer is either!

Well my main point was Fisher is under great pressure to win now. Drafting a rookie quarterback has a very slim chance of getting you to the playoffs next year. Even Marcus Mariota and Winston are struggling this year, and there is no one in this draft to the likes of their caliber. Brees solves your QB problem for the next 2-3 years.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also unrealistic, as is Brees,

last year it was all about Rivers, this year Brees, wonder who the flavor of the year will be next year?

And I'm sure we would be doing fine with Rivers. And you kind of made my point here we are a year later in the same predicament

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm sure we would be doing fine with Rivers. And you kind of made my point here we are a year later in the same predicament

See we disagree again! there is no point made there! we have been in this situation ever since that one guy came here, (I don't use his name anymore) Yes we have a problem at QB, but that's just one of the problems with this team! would either of those guys help, maybe, maybe not. Contrary to some peoples beliefs, a QB isn't going to solve all our problems. over the years we have had QB's Have good games and we have still lost.

If Im not mistaken Rivers has thrown 5 pick 6's SO FAR this year? Brees has at least 2, if not 3, plus he has averaged 13 interceptions a year for his career, he had more than that last year, and should easily eclipse that this year. Now put either of these guys on the Rams, they will be under more pressure, playing against better defenses, and with less talent, so it only makes sense against better defenses, with more pressure and less talent,
the odds are all the "bad" numbers go up! Wouldn't ya think?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should sign Trumaine Johnson, Mark Barron, and McLeod. Hayes can go as well as Jenkins who has already informed the Rams he is going to test the market which means I am not coming back if I can help it. If the Rams had any brains in their heads they'd cut Saffold only if we don't take a cap hit and take his salary and sign the aforementioned. Wichmann is the guy. GRob goes to LG, we take a LT in the draft and our O-line is petty stout and our defensive secondary is also the same.

Many of the other players on both those lists will sign anyways such as Battle, Barnes, Cody Davis because they realize they will not be able to sign anywhere else for the money they are getting from the Rams and they are Fisher's guys.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should sign Trumaine Johnson, Mark Barron, and McLeod. Hayes can go as well as Jenkins who has already informed the Rams he is going to test the market which means I am not coming back if I can help it. If the Rams had any brains in their heads they'd cut Saffold only if we don't take a cap hit and take his salary and sign the aforementioned. Wichmann is the guy. GRob goes to LG, we take a LT in the draft and our O-line is petty stout and our defensive secondary is also the same.

Many of the other players on both those lists will sign anyways such as Battle, Barnes, Cody Davis because they realize they will not be able to sign anywhere else for the money they are getting from the Rams and they are Fisher's guys.

Ya, if there is absolutely no chance of Jenkins returning Id sit his ass and let someone else play, just to see what they can do?, but then again why would you want to see what:noidea: you have?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gaines will be back and he can takeover Jenkins slot. It would be stupid to lose Johnson on the other side. Sign McLeod to keep our safety corp intact and Barron because he just a badass player.