• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there Cougar with the bullshit ratings. Just a little poking fun at you after you introduced the term. And a reminder to all. Be careful with the name-calling which is a no-no. You are not on the negativity thread.

sorry, I just saw this, is calling bullshit different than a BS rating? Sometimes when it comes to Sammie everything goes out the window! Maybe the dreaded mention of Sammie or Bradford should go to the Negativity thread, after all both names have a negative connotation to them! :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to names such as "goof" and "doofus" that have slipped into some posts Smed. There are better ways to express one's displeasure with other posts than name-calling and I know you understand that.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, I just saw this, is calling bullshit different than a BS rating? Sometimes when it comes to Sammie everything goes out the window! Maybe the dreaded mention of Sammie or Bradford should go to the Negativity thread, after all both names have a negative connotation to them! :noidea:
Sometimes in a situation or as is this case a conversation. In trying so hard to get our point a cross we go so far too the extreme we become just like that, that we are railing against without even knowing it. Food for thought. :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurry back your levelheadedness and blatant LA homer-ism is sorely missed. :D
I'm lurking, just not posting very much. Pops was a huge reason for my love of all sports, and thus the reason for my updated signature which reads; 'The game will never be the same'.

With that however, I will continue to keep up with my commitment I've made to @HammerDown as one of the Rams moderators, and along with @Retroram52, read every post on the Rams boards to moderate for TOS violations. (Which there are very little here on the Rams boards; We have a great bunch!)

So some will see my screen name pop up on their alerts in the meantime for ratings and sech, but even the ebb and flow of that appears tempered.

But don't worry brother, I'm sure I will be posting more here in no time, and annoying the hell out of a lot of you, just not now. (You lucky bastards! :love:)

Thanks again for asking Ozarks, I really appreciate your concern.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about not sitting on the bench and being able to throw the ball down field with accuracy and win football games?

Did I say anything about Foles, whom you are clearly deflecting to? I am discussing Bradford's meager stats.

High INT numbers would contradict your accuracy statement (or at least decision making). Wins are a team accomplishment, not an individual stat. He's not a pitcher.

Here's some deep ball accuracy stats from previous seasons that might interest you:

Who Slings the NFL's Best Deep Ball?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say, is the Rams 1st pick in next years draft better be a QB, one that can throw, read a defense and run, otherwise another draft will be wasted because what we have HAD and HAVE is not going to win.:nod:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumaine Johnson’s Play Gives Rams Much Needed Offseason Flexibility
Posted by: Anthony Stalter in National Football League December 15, 2015

Once these final three games are in the books, the Rams will face difficult offseason decisions.

Given the offense’s ineptitude, that side of the ball has received the most attention. But with Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Rodney McLeod, William Hayes, Mark Barron and Nick Fairley set to become free agents, an offseason of transition might be on its way for the defense.

trumaine-johnson-interception.jpg
Rams corner Trumaine Johnson runs towards the end zone after intercepting a pass in the second quarter of Sunday’s game at the Edward Jones Dome.

Fortunately, the play of some of the Rams’ defenders gives the team flexibility.

Namely Johnson, who has emerged as a reliable starter in his fourth season.

Despite battling a thigh injury that caused him to miss losses against the Bengals and Cardinals, Johnson faced the task of shadowing Calvin Johnson Sunday versus the Lions. He thrived.

“Megatron” finished with just one catch for 16 yards, although that one grab came when Johnson wasn’t even covering him. The corner Johnson shut down the receiver Johnson, which included a 58-yard pick-six late in the second half when Matthew Stafford tried to force the ball to his favorite target.

If you enjoy the Xs and Os of the game, how Johnson got into position to make the interception should excite Rams fans as much as watching the result of the play.

From ESPN.com Rams Reporter Nick Wagoner:

That interception put the Rams on the board after a nearly scoreless first half. After meticulously studying Calvin Johnson all week, Trumaine Johnson said he instantly recognized the play as a “Bang 8 Route,” which was just supposed to be Calvin Johnson running a skinny post across his face. But the defensive Johnson recognized the play quickly and didn’t let Calvin Johnson get inside his leverage. He squatted on the route and jumped it as soon as Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford threw it.

“I saw it all week,” Trumaine Johnson said. “He was running it on teams and getting open. Just sitting inside the whole time. I was able to make a play.”

The “Bang 8 Route” is the brainchild of former St. Louis Cardinals and San Diego Chargers head coach Don Coryell. The “8” is the number for a post route in the Coryell route tree, while the “Bang” signifies that the route is thrown in rhythm by the quarterback, who needs to release the ball on his fifth step as the receiver is crossing the defender’s face. It’s the same play Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin ran to perfection while winning multiple Super Bowls in Dallas.

The recognition of the play shows the hard work that Johnson put in during the week when it came to his film preparation. But his instincts on that particular play were most impressive.

Calvin Johnson’s job on “Bang 8” is to recognize the leverage that the cornerback is taking and ensure that he’s between Stafford and the defender when he executes the skinny post. But Trumaine Johnson recognized the play quickly and jumped the route before “Megatron” even got his head around to catch the football.

janoris-jenkins.jpg
Jenkins becomes a free agent following the 2015 season.

It’s one thing to see a play on film or in practice during the week. It’s another for a player to recognize what’s unfolding in front of him in real time and make a play. Ask Malcolm Butler, who was burned multiple times in practice on a specific pass leading up to last season’s Super Bowl, only to recognize the play at the goal line and intercept Russell Wilson for a game-saving pick. Now Butler is the Patriots’ No. 1 corner.

Perhaps next season Johnson will be the Rams’ top cornerback.

That description currently fits Jenkins, who like Johnson is a free agent after the season. But Jenkins, who is having a fantastic season himself (Johnson wouldn’t have five interceptions this season without quarterbacks throwing his way plenty because Jenkins has been on the other side), is likely to cash in on the open market unless the Rams use their franchise tag on him to make sure he doesn’t leave.

With E.J. Gaines set to return in 2016 after suffering a season-ending injury in training camp this year, it makes sense that the Rams may decide to only sign one of their two free agent corners.

As previously mentioned, they have a laundry list of free agents they have to make decisions on and they still have plenty of holes to address on offense.

Whether it’s Jenkins or Johnson that returns, one thing is clear: Both corners’ play gives the team flexibility next offseason. If Jenkins’ price becomes exorbitant, Johnson has proven to the Rams this year that he’s not only a playmaker, but he’s also willing to put in the work to be great.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lurking, just not posting very much. Pops was a huge reason for my love of all sports, and thus the reason for my updated signature which reads; 'The game will never be the same'.

With that however, I will continue to keep up with my commitment I've made to Hammerdown as one of the Rams moderators, and along with Retroram, read every post on the Rams boards to moderate for TOS violations. (Which there are very little here on the Rams boards; We have a great bunch!)

So some will see my screen name pop up on their alerts in the meantime for ratings and sech, but even the ebb and flow of that appears tempered.

But don't worry brother, I'm sure I will be posting more here in no time, and annoying the hell out of a lot of you, just not now. (You lucky bastards! :love:)

Lurking! Reading all the posts! I am frankly Shocked! Shocked I say! Take all the time you need, everyone is different. Me I probably never really grieved properly when mine passed. Everything happen so fast and from my teenage years on we were always too much alike to get along for very long. But he was the perfect Dad in my youth. An outdoors-men from rugged Appalachian stock. He taught me much. As the old song says " Preserve your memories they are all thats left you."

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about your loss Vita. I was wondering where you were at. I didn't know.
Thanks for your condolences mtcougar!

Just found myself doing some binge drinking during the process. I've got a handle on it now, but because of it, I was posting out of character, so my apologies to those who took the brunt of it. (RR comes to mind)

I just needed a sports posting break because, as most of you know, I've never done well with all the negativity that flies around here like a bat around a light post (Especially all the name calling) and it's been a shits storm of negativity around here this year with our Rams.

I'll be back posting about our Rams bro, (I'm beginning to give a shit about some of the BS I've been reading here and there :lol:) although, probably too soon for some of yous. :suds:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that however, I will continue to keep up with my commitment I've made to @HammerDown as one of the Rams moderators, and along with @Retroram52, read every post on the Rams boards to moderate for TOS violations. (Which there are very little here on the Rams boards; We have a great bunch!)

Yeah, sorry for lost. Wishing the best for your family.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Vita, so sorry for your loss. My father passed about 10 years ago, so I certainly know what you're going through.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Stephen Jackson just might get his shot at a a super Bowl?

Report: RB-needy Patriots bringing in Steven Jackson for a meeting
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
December 16, 2015 11:24 am ET

With LeGarrette Blount having suffered a possible season-ending hip injury during Sunday night's game against the Houston Texans, the Patriots are now without their top two running backs. Passing down back Dion Lewis previously tore his ACL against Washington in Week 9.

THE LATEST FROM SPORTSLINE
Week 15 NFL Picks
For now, Brandon Bolden and James White appear set to shoulder most of the load in New England's backfield, with one of Montee Ball or Trey Williams likely to be elevated off the practice squad at some point as well. But now there's an additional name being added to the mix.

According to a report from ESPN's Ed Werder, the Pats are beinging in former Rams and Falcons running back Steven Jackson for a meeting on Wednesday.

Source says #Patriots meeting today with RB Steven Jackson based on mutual interest. Pats need a RB and Jackson played for OC Josh McDaniels

— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) December 16, 2015
ESPN's Josina Anderson provided additional context for the meeting between Jackson and the Pats.

In addition to having played for McD, I'm told Jackson "wants to play for a playoff contender and he & Belichick have a mutual admiration."

— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) December 16, 2015
I'm also hearing Jackson and Belichick may've connected at a Pro Bowl, back in the day. :)

For what it's worth, Belichick was asked about the meeting at his press conference. His response was completely predictable.

.@MikeReiss asks Belichick about Steven Jackson visiting today. Belichick says "Let's just end on a high note" and walks off. Costanza-esque

— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) December 16, 2015
Jackson spent the first nine years of his career with the Rams before playing the 2013 and 2014 seasons for the Atlanta Falcons. He had some of the best running backs seasons of the 2000's with St. Louis, showcasing his versatility by carrying a huge load on the ground and through the air. He's well past his prime by now, but is familiar with parts of New England's coaching staff and would at least be someone the Pats know they can trust to block for Tom Brady in the passing game, hit the right holes, and catch the ball when it's thrown to him.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think we can afford to keep johnson with the mere fact that kid gets injured more often then. we would be paying more to fix the car then teh car is actually worth.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Stephen Jackson just might get his shot at a a super Bowl?

Report: RB-needy Patriots bringing in Steven Jackson for a meeting
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
December 16, 2015 11:24 am ET

With LeGarrette Blount having suffered a possible season-ending hip injury during Sunday night's game against the Houston Texans, the Patriots are now without their top two running backs. Passing down back Dion Lewis previously tore his ACL against Washington in Week 9.

THE LATEST FROM SPORTSLINE
Week 15 NFL Picks
For now, Brandon Bolden and James White appear set to shoulder most of the load in New England's backfield, with one of Montee Ball or Trey Williams likely to be elevated off the practice squad at some point as well. But now there's an additional name being added to the mix.

According to a report from ESPN's Ed Werder, the Pats are beinging in former Rams and Falcons running back Steven Jackson for a meeting on Wednesday.

Source says #Patriots meeting today with RB Steven Jackson based on mutual interest. Pats need a RB and Jackson played for OC Josh McDaniels

— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) December 16, 2015
ESPN's Josina Anderson provided additional context for the meeting between Jackson and the Pats.

In addition to having played for McD, I'm told Jackson "wants to play for a playoff contender and he & Belichick have a mutual admiration."

I'm also hearing Jackson and Belichick may've connected at a Pro Bowl, back in the day. :)

For what it's worth, Belichick was asked about the meeting at his press conference. His response was completely predictable.

.@MikeReiss asks Belichick about Steven Jackson visiting today. Belichick says "Let's just end on a high note" and walks off. Costanza-esque

— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) December 16, 2015
Jackson spent the first nine years of his career with the Rams before playing the 2013 and 2014 seasons for the Atlanta Falcons. He had some of the best running backs seasons of the 2000's with St. Louis, showcasing his versatility by carrying a huge load on the ground and through the air. He's well past his prime by now, but is familiar with parts of New England's coaching staff and would at least be someone the Pats know they can trust to block for Tom Brady in the passing game, hit the right holes, and catch the ball when it's thrown to him.

I'm glad that Jackson is getting another chance. I wish him the best of luck, just wish the team that was looking to possibly pick him up wasn't one of the teams that I loathe the most.

Sorry for your loss man and hope that things are going better for you now. I know that I would feel the same way whenever my dad passes away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say, is the Rams 1st pick in next years draft better be a QB, one that can throw, read a defense and run, otherwise another draft will be wasted because what we have HAD and HAVE is not going to win.:nod:

The big question is will there be such a QB in the draft at all, and if there is, will he be available when the Rams pick? How much time will he need to assimilate into the NFL?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think we will be looking for a QB in the draft.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think we will be looking for a QB in the draft.

I think we might, but not first round....I personally think by the time we pick, the "big time" QB's will be taken and there will be some other postion player there we will have to take....

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them keep Foles and the rookie. And go after Daniels.