• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I remember Philly was not the only team wanting to trade for Bradford what about those possibilities.

The other possibilities didn't bring a QB back (and were never really validated either). The draft wouldn't have helped either, as nobody other than the top 2 have emerged. The Rams would've paid through the nose to get Mariota, and wouldn't have Gurley or Havenstein (or future 1sts) at the very least.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other possibilities didn't bring a QB back (and were never really validated either). The draft wouldn't have helped either, as nobody other than the top 2 have emerged. The Rams would've paid through the nose to get Mariota, and wouldn't have Gurley or Havenstein (or future 1sts) at the very least.
I will have to take your word on them not being validated just not that in the know. This trade didn't bring a QB either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we got a 2nd rounder, we get to keep our fourth rounder, we increased our cap space when we had next to nothing left, we got rid of an over-paid useless, often-injured, QB who was just killing us in a multitude of ways, we brought in some useful FAs, and we picked up a serviceable QB who will be, in all likelihood, gone in a year or two. This was a great trade.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we got a 2nd rounder, we get to keep our fourth rounder, we increased our cap space when we had next to nothing left, we got rid of an over-paid useless, often-injured, QB who was just killing us in a multitude of ways, we brought in some useful FAs, and we picked up a serviceable QB who will be, in all likelihood, gone in a year or two. This was a great trade.
And we still suck.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT least we got rid of some of the major garbage that was just choking us to death. I'll take that trade in heartbeat again.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had more options than just the Foles trade. Its my understanding Fisher pushed for Foles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that is true Ozark. Fisher did push for Foles but he shot himself in the foot by selecting Cignetti as his OC because he had little choice. He screwed the pooch in that he should have hired Garcia as the OC and left Weinke as the QB coach. Garcia was trained and played in the adjusted West Coast offense. But of course, that offense didn't fit Fisher's idea of an offense and the personnel he and Snead assembled.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't believe offense is a priority to Fisher. Only when his butt maybe on the line. He would make a great DC.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Just like Martz is a great OC but totally sucks at anything to do with being a HC or front office stuff. We should hire say a Vermeil as the HC and let Williams run the D and Martz run the O. Not going to happen though even though it is fun to dream.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be up for Hue Jackson for head coach, or try Pep Hamilton as OC? Pep's system wasn't working with the Colts without a stud RB. We have one of those...but need the QB.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also

Well the overpaid garbage just went to New England in December and beat Bill and Tom. No other quarterback will probably do that this year. And I don't want to hear how the special teams won that game for them... yes it was a big team effort but Sam played way better than what his actual numbers were. Two very good touchdown passes. One which I believe was 80 yard drive. And made crucial critical throws to keep the ball moving when they needed it. If we still don't have a quarterback next year you guys might change your tone. 13 million isn't that much for a decent quarterback that can actually throw it to the WR's. And the free-agents we picked up on defense with the money we saved don't mean squat without a quarterback. I can see why the Rams did the trade it made sense at the time because no one knew Foles could be this bad. But please let's not pretend this isn't a huge bust right now. One QB is trying to keep his team in the playoff hunt the other is a very scared poopey pants man on the bench.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe they were validated by the Coug!, and it was every team!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, by now, we all know your man love for Sammie. When he was here, he was over-paid garbage. That much is clear and if you don't understand that by now, little I have mentioned is going to change that. The reality was, that trade got us out of huge hole and did move us along. I'd do that trade again for the reasons already posted.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, by now, we all know your man love for Sammie. When he was here, he was over-paid garbage. That much is clear and if you don't understand that by now, little I have mentioned is going to change that. The reality was, that trade got us out of huge hole and did move us along. I'd do that trade again for the reasons already posted.

I know he's not an elite QB retro, but I don't get why you guys can't see that he he doing an above avg job now that he has a little help? Those rams teams were probably some of the worst teams in history that he was on along with the coaches so you can't put it all on him. He never came close to playing as bad as Foles but you guys defend Foles? blame Fisher or the Oline WR's etc. Why didn't sam get that? because he got paid 50m I guess but he had nothing to do with that. and we are seeing how tough sam actually was. not a puss like people say. he took way more abuse then Foles did over four years!! Plus we are paying Foles half that amount for 8 games with that contract. Im not sure the trade got us out of a big hole we still don't have a QB. we will have to pay for one eventually.

I don't get this though… we should be starting Foles for the rest of the season!! we need to see if he can pull out of the funk. I mean if you don't play him how will you know what you have next year?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cougie, now you are claiming that the crappy play and over-payment of this guy while he was a Rams player was about the team being crappy and not just Sammie being useless and yet when he went to New England and supposedly grabbed a win with his excellent play, you want to give him nearly the sole credit for the win when clearly STs and the defense contributed in a meaningful way to the "team" win?

Come along Cougie. I believe you are seeing what you want to see when it fits your man-love narrative and dismissing reality when it doesn't as I believe Smed has already adequately argued with you.

Also, I supported Foles as becoming a good QB when he left Philly based on his team play with the same team. I must admit I failed to realize how badly Fisher and Cignetti have Bulgerized this guy to the point of totally destroying his career leading to his demotion in favor of a truly complete bullshit back-up QB worse than anything Davis was or did while being a Rams player.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cougie, now you are claiming that the crappy play and over-payment of this guy while he was a Rams player was about the team being crappy and not just Sammie being useless and yet when he went to New England and supposedly grabbed a win with his excellent play, you want to give him nearly the sole credit for the win when clearly STs and the defense contributed in a meaningful way to the "team" win?

Come along Cougie. I believe you are seeing what you want to see when it fits your man-love narrative and dismissing reality when

it doesn't as I believe Smed has already adequately argued with you.

Also, I supported Foles as becoming a good QB when he left Philly based on his team play with the same team. I must admit I failed to realize how badly Fisher and Cignetti have Bulgerized this guy to the point of totally destroying his career leading to his demotion in favor a truly a complete bullshit back-up QB worse than anything Davis was or did while being a Rams player.

LOL, since I have Coug on ignore, I can only imagine the BS he is slinging now? Good luck guys with that!

I'm sure it's nothing new Retro, I'm sure it's the same BS he's been spewing for a year!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Zimmers Vikings took a devastating hit this past weekend, why isn't he bitching about it! Seattle should be fined,i think they did it intentionally!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put my wife on ignore. Boy that sure as hell didn't work.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, since I have Coug on ignore, I can only imagine the BS he is slinging now? Good luck guys with that!

I'm sure it's nothing new Retro, I'm sure it's the same BS he's been spewing for a year!

With his love being so strong, I'm honestly beginning to believe that Cougie is really a female! :noidea: