• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles trade is still fine in my eyes. Bonus 2nd rounder in 2016 plus moving up 1 round last year is worth not looking at Bradford, wondering when the next injury is coming. At least there was some hope going into the season (as short-lived as it proved to be).

Davis probably would've been a better option than Keenum, but we'll never know. It isn't a season-changing decision either way.
Would you feel the same way should Bradford make a deep playoff run? Or are the systems so different they don't compare?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I could give two flips about Bradford. But I think we have some facts. Bradford is a starter in the NFL. Davis is not. Thats nothing against his possibilities he just isn't. Foles is benched so he is not a starter. To me that makes the Foles trade a bust at this time. For us. I don't give a rip about Sanchez, like Sam so far wasted talent. But he isn't a starter either. I just think we have to acknowledge the facts. Now I have enjoyed your and 27s back and forth and have seen valid points on both sides. But when I see a guy getting slammed (27) by a couple of posters when in reality he has pretty much been on the mark. Well I cant help sticking up for him. The truth is you guys will never agree on the issue of Sam or Davis. And thats ok.:suds:

Haha Sammie Davis.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles trade is still fine in my eyes. Bonus 2nd rounder in 2016 plus moving up 1 round last year is worth not looking at Bradford, wondering when the next injury is coming. At least there was some hope going into the season (as short-lived as it proved to be).

Davis probably would've been a better option than Keenum, but we'll never know. It isn't a season-changing decision either way.

No it's not. Not when the guy you traded for poops his pants and you just signed him for 24m to sit on the bench!! And the guy you gave up is starting and being productive as a starting QB. Who cares about the 2nd rd pick! They will probably draft another Pead. We don't have a QB. I do agree Davis would be better then Kennum for sure.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree shopson. We received draft picks, we get to keep our fourth rounder, we increased our cap space to sign some decent FAs, and we stopped paying through the nose for a worthless QB. Even if Foles doesn't work out, that trade was good for a whole bunch of other reasons. I'll give kudos to Snead and I suspect Fisher for that trade.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Bad News!!

Article states that Stedman Bailey could possibly be done with football

St Louis Rams WR Stedman Bailey 'probably' done with football

Yep, I believe Bailey is pretty much done. You can't go play professional football, of which in itself is a brain-trauma hazard, after you have had a serious brain-trauma injury like two gunshots to the head. His injuries going back to football could be life-threatening. He's done.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I believe Bailey is pretty much done. You can't go play professional football, of which in itself is a brain-trauma hazard, after you have had a serious brain-trauma injury like two gunshots to the head. His injuries going back to football could be life-threatening. He's done.
I'm guessing we don't get a com pick either :/

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Smed. we did indeed hire TWO QB coaches in Weinke and Garcia and our QBs have sucked. Both of these guys were hired by Fisher.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I could give two flips about Bradford. But I think we have some facts. Bradford is a starter in the NFL. Davis is not. Thats nothing against his possibilities he just isn't. Foles is benched so he is not a starter. To me that makes the Foles trade a bust at this time. For us. I don't give a rip about Sanchez, like Sam so far wasted talent. But he isn't a starter either. I just think we have to acknowledge the facts. Now I have enjoyed your and 27s back and forth and have seen valid points on both sides. But when I see a guy getting slammed (27) by a couple of posters when in reality
he has pretty much been on the mark. Well I cant help sticking up for him. The truth is you guys will never agree on the issue of Sam or Davis. And thats ok.:suds:

Basically he is getting slammed because he is out of his mind when it comes to Bradford, I don't know what you are talking about when you say he has been pretty much on the mark.
Oh and it's not just a couple of posters, there are quite a few that disagree with anything he says!

True Sammy is "starting", doesn't make him a starting caliber QB, there are a lot of guys "starting in the NFL that probably shouldn't be!

But in the end you are right, Bradford and Davis are both gone, I just like to bust Cougs balls because I think his rebuttals are ridiculous!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically he is getting slammed because he is out of his mind when it comes to Bradford, I don't know what you are talking about when you say he has been pretty much on the mark.
Oh and it's not just a couple of posters, there are quite a few that disagree with anything he says!

But in the end you are right, Bradford and Davis are both gone, I just like to bust Cougs balls because I think his rebuttals are ridiculous!
My feeling is simply this. We can all disagree thats fine. Your opinion,mine. One is no better than the other. Its just we Rams fans are becoming few and far between we need to stick together not divide and conquer.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you feel the same way should Bradford make a deep playoff run? Or are the systems so different they don't compare?

Yes, yes, and yes, some posters on here don't get it! Can you seriously tell me that if we still had Sammy we would be doing better than we are? People complained about Sammies oline for years, sorry, but this current oline is worse than any oline we have had since Sammy was here and he couldn't stay healthy, surely you can't believe that he would have "flourished, let alone stayed healthy, behind this oline?
Don't get me wrong, I think we have good pieces on the oline, but they are young, and now they are all hurt. I think they will eventually be decent but Sammy wasn't going to be a part of it!

We "needed" to move on from Sammy, it hasn't worked out, but it wasn't going to work with Sammy here either! How long would a rational person be willing to hold onto a dream, 10 years? It was already 5 "wasted" years, but I'd rather start over right now than another 2-3 years down the road?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes, and yes, some posters on here don't get it! Can you seriously tell me that if we still had Sammy we would be doing better than we are? People complained about Sammies oline for years, sorry, but this current oline is worse than any oline we have had since Sammy was here and he couldn't stay healthy, surely you can't believe that he would have "flourished, let alone stayed healthy, behind this oline?
Don't get me wrong, I think we have good pieces on the oline, but they are young, and now they are all hurt. I think they will eventually be decent but Sammy wasn't going to be a part of it!

We "needed" to move on from Sammy, it hasn't worked out, but it wasn't going to work with Sammy here either! How long would a rational person be willing to hold onto a dream, 10 years? It was already 5 "wasted" years, but I'd rather start over right now than another 2-3 years down the road?
My original point in this and in replying to shop was. That the Foles trade is a bust. Not that Bradford was the answer. In my opinion with Foles benched twice now I believe, the trade is a bust. This of course is a minority opinion.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling is simply this. We can all disagree thats fine. Your opinion,mine. One is no better than the other. Its just we Rams fans are becoming few and far between we need to stick together not divide and conquer.

Again, I agree with you, surprisingly there really aren't that many fans on here! I've never had to hit the ignore button on anyone, I was just tired of all the Bradford love and Bullshit, you may not agree, but Sammy has never proven anything and when someone comes on here and spews bullshit about how great he is, I'm going to call bullshit, and sorry but his reasonings don't hold water!
I originally got into the Davis camp just because of Coug and trying to say that Davis has done just as much for the Rams as Sammy has, which technically he has, nothing! But still I and many others believe he was a better option than Sammy or anyone else at this point! Maybe not the greatest option, but the best one we could have right now!

As you also stated, they are both gone goodbye and good luck!

But all of this recent crap has come about because Foles has sucked and not just me, but "numerous" other posters brought up the debate, that we sure could use Davis right now! then all of a sudden Bradford comes back into the discussion ( I'm not sure who brought that up????.) all we here is Bradgord is a starter, Davis is a backup, otherwise Fisher would have kept him and started him. fisher has proven that he doesn't have a clue!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. Not when the guy you traded for poops his pants and you just signed him for 24m to sit on the bench!! And the guy you gave up is starting and being productive as a starting QB. Who cares about the 2nd rd pick! They will probably draft another Pead. We don't have a QB. I do agree Davis would be better then Kennum for sure.

Yeah, that one extra win Bradford has is amazing! Bradford's contract is up and the Rams would still likely be moving on. The trade was a godsend.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original point in this and in replying to shop was. That the Foles trade is a bust. Not that Bradford was the answer. In my opinion with Foles benched twice now I believe, the trade is a bust. This of course is a minority opinion.

I will agree, Foles is a bust, the trade is not! As I said, we "needed" to get rid of Sammy, we did, if we get a 4th rounder that ends up as a backup, so be it, the biggest win in the trade, is just moving on from the Bradford era! As they say the definition of insanity is going through the same motions and expecting different results, that's what we were doing evey year with Sammy!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not suggest that Bradford win MVP? Just about as probable.

If the Rams had not made the trade, they would still be stuck at the end of the season trying to figure out if they should pay Bradford. If they stunk, he would be gone. If they did well, he would want too much money to stay.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I agree with you, surprisingly there really aren't that many fans on here! I've never had to hit the ignore button on anyone, I was just tired of all the Bradford love and Bullshit, you may not agree, but Sammy has never proven anything and when someone comes on here and spews bullshit about how great he is, I'm going to call bullshit, and sorry but his reasonings don't hold water!
I originally got into the Davis camp just because of Coug and trying to say that Davis has done just as much for the Rams as Sammy has, which technically he has, nothing! But still I and many others believe he was a better option than Sammy or anyone else at this point! Maybe not the greatest option, but the best one we could have right now!

As you also stated, they are both gone goodbye and good luck!

But all of this recent crap has come about because Foles has sucked and not just me, but "numerous" other posters brought up the debate, that we sure could use Davis right now! then all of a sudden Bradford comes back into the discussion ( I'm not sure who brought that up????.) all we here is Bradgord is a starter, Davis is a backup, otherwise Fisher would have kept him and started him. fisher has proven that he doesn't have a clue!
Your always good with me Smed. We are all frustrated with this bunch. (our coaches and owner) And I don't have a problem with you calling bullshit. Just give him or others the right too, we don't have too pull up our pants and go home. As far as lost posters its not just here. Fans are jumping ship in droves. I am just to dam stupid to join them.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Rams had not made the trade, they would still be stuck at the end of the season trying to figure out if they should pay Bradford. If they stunk, he would be gone. If they did well, he would want too much money to stay.
Comeback player of the year?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I remember Philly was not the only team wanting to trade for Bradford what about those possibilities.