• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I think? After seeing yet another o-line shuffle, I'm thinking Fisher put Case Keenum in because Foles will probably end up getting killed behind this band aid fix line! Wow...this Raven game could get ugly! Good news is their defense isn't as good as it use to be. Bad new is the following week we play the Bengals!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This oline stuff reminds me of the last Spagnuolo days when Bradford was playing hurt and I think he had a couple of guards playing tackle for him. The whole offense imploded. Whats really awful is this bit from footballoutsiders:

"Of the 31 quarterbacks with at least 150 pass attempts this year, Foles is in the bottom four in completion percentage, yards per pass, and touchdown percentage. When the quarterback tables are updated on Tuesday, Foles will be next to last among starting quarterbacks in passing DYAR and DVOA.

Keenum started eight games for Houston in 2013 and finished 38th in DYAR, 39th in DVOA. His defining characteristic that year was a tendency to take the mega-sack. His overall sack rate of 7.0 percent was pretty much average, but those sacks lost an average of 10.6 yards each. There were 42 quarterbacks with at least 10 sacks that season, and Keenum was the only one whose average sack lost more than 8 yards. So putting that quarterback behind an offensive line that wasn't great to begin with and just lost Jamon Brown for the season (and already lost Rodger Saffold for the year) should be interesting"

Honestly now I dont even want to see Mannion out there because he has no chance with the Rams oline officially in disaster mode.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Clayton, the Rams for 14-15 years have not addressed their offense or their offensive line. After the RG3 trade, we all thought the Rams would fix a lot of our problems. Albeit, we had so many problems they started on the defensive side of the ball and did complete some disparities but have essentially ignored the offense.

They have consistently neglected the O-line since the superbowl and how many drafts have we all watch them pass on great O-lineman to take duplicate defensive players? This year's draft was the first where they played catch-up by taking five O-lineman but the GRob draft was classic. We passed on how many talented tackles in that draft to take basically a guard and try to make him into a LT?

Since O. Pace, we have not had a reputable LT and that is the starting point of a solid rebuild of an offense of which we have ignored for 14 years. Is it any wonder that we now have the same problems on offense that we have had for the last 14-15 years.

This FO, coaching, and scouting staff do not know how to effectively build a team and it SHOWS!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Clayton, the Rams for 14-15 years have not addressed their offense or their offensive line. After the RG3 trade, we all thought the Rams would fix a lot of our problems. Albeit, we had so many problems they started on the defensive side of the ball and did complete some disparities but have essentially ignored the offense.

They have consistently neglected the O-line since the superbowl and how many drafts have we all watch them pass on great O-lineman to take duplicate defensive players? This year's draft was the first where they played catch-up by taking five O-lineman but the GRob draft was classic. We passed on how many talented tackles in that draft to take basically a guard and try to make him into a LT?

Since O. Pace, we have not had a reputable LT and that is the starting point of a solid rebuild of an offense of which we have ignored for 14 years. Is it any wonder that we now have the same problems on offense that we have had for the last 14-15 years.

This FO, coaching, and scouting staff do not know how to effectively build a team and it SHOWS!
I'm a huge critic of Fisher but I actually think the Rams have been above average at drafting the past few years. The first 2 rounds is where you get your stars and the 3rd round is where you get your depth. I'll jump to conclusions here with Rams under Snead:

Michael Brockers - Quality Starter
Tavon Austin - Quality Starter
Alec Ogletree - Star
Greg Robinson - Bust
Aaron Donald - Elite Star
Todd Gurley - Elite Star

Brian Quick - Bust
Janoris Jenkins - Star
Isaiah Pead - Bust
Lamarcus Joyner - Bust
Rob Havenstein - Star

Trumaine Johnson - Quality Starter
TJ McDonald - Quality Starter
Tre Mason - Quality Depth
Jamon Brown - Quality Depth
Sean Mannion - ????

Obviously most of these labels arent set in stone but a couple of things jump out. In rd2, they really nail it or really whiff and there isnt much in between. That Rd3 drafting is probably right up there with the better teams in the league. That rd1 drafting is probably about average but they really nailed the past 2.

This is light years ahead of how the Rams used to draft. The Rams used to be the worst drafting team in pro sports. I think the current regime has done an okay job setting up the oline for the future. They just did an awful job setting it up for this year.

The really frustrating thing about being a Rams fan is that they've spent all of this time trying to win the first half of the battle that pro teams face. Going from bad to good is just half of the problem. The Colts got Andrew Luck and went from bad to good in one season. It really doesn't take much to swing from bad to good and back to bad. The real challenge is going from good to championship caliber. The Rams haven't even embarked on that journey since Martz was here. At some point, they are going to have to stop having a bottom 3 passing game like they do every year.

Three of the big problems with Fisher has been in-game decisions, lack of accountability of immature players and whiffing on Free Agency. I think the drafting has been fine.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I disagree on is calling brown depth and havenstien a star . Brown to me has played better. Granted it's comparing apples to oranges with a guard and a tackle

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I disagree on is calling brown depth and havenstien a star . Brown to me has played better. Granted it's comparing apples to oranges with a guard and a tackle
I might be exaggerating Havenstein's importance just because I saw what the lineup looked like with him out of the picture. I know they've both been grading out better every week they've been able to play which is a great sign. I do think Guards are a dime a dozen on most teams but its a luxury for the Rams to have good Guard play.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be exaggerating Havenstein's importance just because I saw what the lineup looked like with him out of the picture. I know they've both been grading out better every week they've been able to play which is a great sign. I do think Guards are a dime a dozen on most teams but its a luxury for the Rams to have good Guard play.
I guess we'll find out Sunday... O dear lord help us...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't take the guy that is already injury prone in college.

I've seen Havenstein ranked as the top rookie OT this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think calling Robinson and Joyner busts is a bit harsh (and premature).

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically what we are saying is after this week ...4-6 then 4-7 and early exit from playoff contention. I can dig it especially if it provides a _______ firing at the end of the season.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with Jermaine in a way, may we wouldn't be calling these guys busts if we had a coach that would light a fire under their asses!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change the subject but is it possible that Foles reinjuried that shoulder and they just didn't tell us?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't take the guy that is already injury prone in college. It seems to have worked with Gurley, but it's different with QBs. They usually get hurt due to getting sacked/pressured too often, which isn't a great indicator for the next level. If the QB has the frame to take that pressure and not miss significant time to injury, then you might be able to work with it.
Sounds good on paper but we even see a guy like Big Ben (6'5" 241 lbs) who has that frame, but still has had trouble staying healthy, it doesn't pencil out.

Then you look at the standard, of course T. Brady, who has had only that one injury season, so that 6'4" 225 lbs sounds about right but then again Sam is 6'4" 228 lbs. So there's that.

Let's face it there is no model or cookie cutter to fill here.

It really is hit and miss!

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge critic of Fisher but I actually think the Rams have been above average at drafting the past few years. The first 2 rounds is where you get your stars and the 3rd round is where you get your depth. I'll jump to conclusions here with Rams under Snead:

Alec Ogletree - Star
Greg Robinson - Bust
Todd Gurley - Elite Star

Brian Quick - Bust
Janoris Jenkins - Star
Isaiah Pead - Bust
Lamarcus Joyner - Bust
Rob Havenstein - Star

Sean Mannion - ????

Obviously most of these labels arent set in stone but a couple of things jump out. In rd2, they really nail it or really whiff and there isnt much in between. That Rd3 drafting is probably right up there with the better teams in the league. That rd1 drafting is probably about average but they really nailed the past 2.

This is light years ahead of how the Rams used to draft. The Rams used to be the worst drafting team in pro sports. I think the current regime has done an okay job setting up the oline for the future. They just did an awful job setting it up for this year.

The really frustrating thing about being a Rams fan is that they've spent all of this time trying to win the first half of the battle that pro teams face. Going from bad to good is just half of the problem. The Colts got Andrew Luck and went from bad to good in one season. It really doesn't take much to swing from bad to good and back to bad. The real challenge is going from good to championship caliber. The Rams haven't even embarked on that journey since Martz was here. At some point, they are going to have to stop having a bottom 3 passing game like they do every year.

Three of the big problems with Fisher has been in-game decisions, lack of accountability of immature players and whiffing on Free Agency. I think the drafting has been fine.

Not to mention, EJ Gaines was also a nice addition.

Again, teams can turn it

You speak of Luck, but you are talking about the qb position. Which arguably the hardest position in sports.

You are going to fail more than succeed on getting elite qbs. This team would be helped by a mobile qb.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alec Ogletree - Star
Greg Robinson - Bust
Todd Gurley - Elite Star

Brian Quick - Bust
Janoris Jenkins - Star
Isaiah Pead - Bust
Lamarcus Joyner - Bust
Rob Havenstein - Star

Sean Mannion - ????

When you say above average, are you defining that by the amount of quality players they have drafted vs. busts? When a team gets that many picks, even if they go 50/50 on draft picks, they still get some quality players because of the amount of picks they have.

If I have 30 bullets and I hit the target 15 times, does that make me a good shot?

Or if I have 20 bullets and I hit the target 15 times.. See where i'm going here?

If you look at the good players they got, sure it's easy to think they've been above average. I say they are slightly above 50% on their picks, so I have to give them a C at best. So average IMO.

As far as the Rams being light years ahead of previous years drafting, they had no where to go but up.

I'm not impressed and neither are many people watching the product on the field. There are plenty of ways to win football games people.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, EJ Gaines was also a nice addition.

Again, teams can turn it

You speak of Luck, but you are talking about the qb position. Which arguably the hardest position in sports.

You are going to fail more than succeed on getting elite qbs. This team would be helped by a mobile qb.

EJ Gaines was a great draft pick. So was Zac Stacy. The Rams seem ok in the 5th or 6th rounds, besides Rok Watkins and Barrett Jones :L but it's the early rounds they have come up short, ESPECIALLY ON OFFENSE.

From 2015 - 2012 you can look down the list and go, "One good, one bad, one good one bad". If not for Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn, you look at those lists of draft picks and it's not good. The Tavon trade up and pick WAS NOT GOOD.

2011 draft and before that? AWFUL

National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Kirwin, yes I'm mentioning him again, I spend a lot of time on the road and listen to NFL radio a lot of the time and the dude knows his shit!

Anyway, Pat has said if a team drafts two or more starters in any one draft it's a good draft.

Yes, the RGIII trade has given us more opportunities however we should consider there is only so much talent in any one draft, and when you have as many holes as the Rams did pre Snisher, you've got understand, they were not only looking for quality starters but they were looking to add quality depth. Not an easy task.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say above average, are you defining that by the amount of quality players they have drafted vs. busts? When a team gets that many picks, even if they go 50/50 on draft picks, they still get some quality players because of the amount of picks they have.

If I have 30 bullets and I hit the target 15 times, does that make me a good shot?

Or if I have 20 bullets and I hit the target 15 times.. See where i'm going here?

If you look at the good players they got, sure it's easy to think they've been above average. I say they are slightly above 50% on their picks, so I have to give them a C at best. So average IMO.

As far as the Rams being light years ahead of previous years drafting, they had no where to go but up.

I'm not impressed and neither are many people watching the product on the field. There are plenty of ways to win football games people.
By my count, the Rams have hit to some degree on 5 of their past 6 first round picks and that doesn't include the previous regimes only real gem in Robert Quinn. That stacks up with the best of teams.

I'm not sure I would even say the Tavon Austin trade up was bad. Hopkins would've been the best pick but Austin is an important part of the offense. He is averaging 8 yds a carry and getting over 3 runs a game. He also provides a decoy for Gurley.

I do think that the Rams missing Alshon Jeffrey was huge but getting lucky and not getting Justin Blackmon was also helpful. The thing the Rams need most outside of QB is a clutch TE or a big play deep ball WR. Footballoutsiders has Cook as the 29th ranked high usage pass catching TE and Kendricks as #33. The thing with Cook is that he isnt a good blocker either so he is a total liability and thats even with some big plays sprinkled in the past couple of weeks.

I think its odd that they went after Fairley and Ayers in the offseason instead of offensive weapons. I also dont know why they got rid of Austin Davis. I do think the Rams were trying to trade up for Mariota but the rumors say that the Titans were asking the world for him and weren't actually serious in trading. I believe when explaining why they drafted Gurley on draft day its because they said he was on the top of their board after Mariota.

The Rams have done a LOT of things wrong but Snead's drafting isnt where Id focus.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Kirwin, yes I'm mentioning him again, I spend a lot of time on the road and listen to NFL radio a lot of the time and the dude knows his shit!

Anyway, Pat has said if a team drafts two or more starters in any one draft it's a good draft.

Yes, the RGIII trade has given us more opportunities however we should consider there is only so much talent in any one draft, and when you have as many holes as the Rams did pre Snisher, you've got understand, they were not only looking for quality starters but they were looking to add quality depth. Not an easy task.

Let's just say in a "typical" draft if you get 2 starters, that is a great draft, even tho there are teams drafting 3 starters in a typical draft. So in our case, having 3 more 1st round picks and a few others in those 3 years, shouldn't we be drafting at least 3+ starters during those drafts where we were loaded?

I've said it many times on here. Defensive picks I like for the most part. Joyner was a reach but that was about the only bad defensive pick in the last few years at the top of the draft. Offense has been an entirely different story. And some of these offensive guys that ARE starters, but would they start for anyone else?

Those Offensive picks? I like Gurley. I like Havenstein. Tavon was not the WR to trade up for and G Rob was at a school that RAN the ball 70-80% of the time. Quick was the #1 pick on day 2 :L Austin Pettis was a 3rd rounder that can barely make a roster now.

You can't tell me that some of these picks the Rams got on offense were NOT projects and I mean BIG projects. What is the % of plays Tavon is on the field? I like Tavon's skill set for a #3 WR or slot guy, but you don't trade up in the 1st to get him. You do to get Julio or Sammy Watkins or Amari, but we just happened to trade up the year we had no business doing so.

Martavious Bryant, Alshon, etc were not in the 1st round.

Last edited: