• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will soon be hanging drywall at the local Home Depot, probably somewhere in Philidelphia!

Sorry, but I don't think that puss could do any kind of manual labor!

The only thing that he good at hanging, is his head!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you the next Kurt Warner? We've had our fill of college qb, one big game qb, and unrealized potential qb. We need a NFL quarterback!

I'd be happy with the next Tyrod Taylor at this point.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with the next Tyrod Taylor at this point.

I think we should take the QB who wins this years Heisman, and can make all the throws, the best QB to come out of college in 20 years, and everyone else wants!

oh wait, we already tried that!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I don't think that puss could do any kind of manual labor!

The only thing that he good at hanging, is his head!

Again you show your cluelessness. :L How was he never not tough? go ahead look up how many times he was sacked and how many hits he took in the last five years guarantee you it's top 3 in the NFL. Again Foles lasted 8 games. He rehabed two blown out knees when he easily could've retired. So How can you actually say he's not tough with a straight face.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you show your cluelessness. :L How was he never not tough? go ahead look up how many times he was sacked and how many hits he took in the last five years guarantee you it's top 3 in the NFL. Again Foles lasted 8 games. He rehabed two blown out knees when he easily could've retired. So How can you actually say he's not tough with a straight face.
While I agree with your assessment of how to measure a man's toughness Coug; Having the strength to go on in the face of adversity time and time again, isn't in the make up a so called 'puss'...

You gotta admit that this line posted by Smed was pretty damned witty in retort to hanging drywall!

The only thing that he is good at hanging, is his head!

:10:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Foles is benched, Bradford is hurt and we get a 2nd round pick.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Foles is benched, Bradford is hurt and we get a 2nd round pick.
Yes, and let's not forget the Rams aren't paying that $13M Base Salary to Sam that the now injured Philly QB will earn this year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and let's not forget the Rams aren't paying that $13M Base Salary to Sam that the now injured Philly QB will earn this year.

It would be a lot easier to swallow if the Rams wouldnt have gave Foles that extension. He's guaranteed 14 million and I don't think you can cut him because it would be a big Cap hit. It looks like Sam will only miss a week hopefully.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always Mannion to totally destroy. Once Keenum gets hurt (and it is just a matter of time) Mannion will be sacrificed to the wolves. Good grief, isn't this just the dumbest franchise on the planet?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Coug, from a Philly view point

Nov 15, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford (7) leaves the game after a shoulder injury against the Miami Dolphins during the third quarter at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Eric Hartline-USA TODAY SportsEDITORIALS
Has Sam Bradford been an improvement over Nick Foles in 2014?
by Austin Vitelli 1h ago FOLLOW @@AUSTINVITELLI
TWEET SHARE 0 COMMENTS
First of all, let’s get this straight: I’m in no way saying the Sam Bradford trade was good/bad or that the Philadelphia Eagles would be better off with Nick Foles. If you haven’t noticed, Foles has been a total disaster in St. Louis this season and is near the bottom of most statistical categories. More recently, it was even announced that he’d be benched despite being healthy in the Rams’ next game. Ouch.

There are obviously a lot of moving parts with a comparison like this, but just because it’s interesting, here’s a comparison of Sam Bradford’s first eight games with the Eagles to Foles’ eight games with the Eagles in 2014.

***Note: So that it’s the same amount of games, I am not including Bradford’s performance against the Dolphins in this analysis, as that was his ninth game and he didn’t play the full game anyway.

Team record

Bradford: 4-4
Foles: 6-2

Foles had plenty of mind-numbingly bad throws in his time with the Eagles in 2014, but overall he was serviceable enough to pick up some wins. The defense and special teams obviously helped him out a little bit, but to say he had zero impact on the team’s six wins would be inaccurate. Bradford on the other had has been exactly average based on his record. And based on his actual play, I’d say that’s about the record he deserves. He’s had some games where he looked pretty good, but he’s also had a few where he looked totally lost. Advantage: Foles

Philadelphia Eagles

INSIDE THE IGGLES 1hGroup of Five Power Rankings: Houston stands alone after Memphis, Temple lose
MORE HEADLINES AROUND FANSIDED:
1h - Has Sam Bradford been an improvement
5h - NFL power rankings 2015: Week 10 (Tu
7h - Eagles News: Mark Sanchez Holds Bird
15h - NFL Power Rankings: Oakland Nearing
22h - Report: Sam Bradford likely to miss
More News at Inside the Iggles
Passing yards

Bradford: 2,061 yards
Foles: 2,163 yards

Foles also didn’t play the full game in what would be his final one of the season, but the numbers in this case are essentially the same. Except for the game against the Jets, which was actually a win, Bradford has passed for around the same amount of yards each game, somewhere in the 200s or 300s. Bradford has passed over 40 times in three separate games, but has only thrown over 300 yards twice, with a season high of just 336. Foles eclipsed the 300 mark on four occasions, including once over 400 yards. Both players have essentially the same yards per completion, but Bradford has the edge in completion percentage, 64% to 60%. Advantage: essentially a tie

TDs and INTs

Bradford: 10 TDs, 10 INTs
Foles: 13 TDs, 10 INTs

Bradford has only passed for more than one touchdown twice in his first eight games and has three touchdowns in only one game, which ended up being a loss to the Redskins. Foles had five games in which he threw two or more touchdowns. Each player had one game in which he didn’t throw for a touchdown, both of which were losses. The interception numbers were exactly the same, although Foles only had one game without throwing an INT while Bradford had three games without one. However, in all games except one, Bradford has either thrown multiple interceptions or none, which is interesting. Advantage: Foles

Stay connected with Inside the Iggles

Follow @insideiggles
QBR

Bradford: 37.4
Foles: 62.7

Personally, I am still not sold on QBR as being a tell-all statistic for quarterbacks because I think it values some aspects of a quarterback’s game much higher than other ones, but for the people who do like this stat, there is a clear difference between the two players. I’m sure that the records of the respective players had some impact, but it is still unsettling to see that Bradford’s QBR is that low despite his apparent steady, albeit slow, growth at the position. Foles had two games with a QBR below 20, but every other game his QBR was above 60. Bradford has only had two games above 60, with a season high of just 73.8. Advantage: Foles

Passer rating

Bradford: 82.4
Foles: 81.4

This is another category in which the two are essentially the same. Neither has been a particularly excellent passer, as evidenced by the close to 1:1 ratio in touchdowns to interceptions. Both players had just two games with a passer rating above 100, although Bradford did exceed 100 in the Dolphins game as well before getting hurt. Advantage: essentially a tie

So while a comparison should never be made solely based on stats, taking a look at a lot of the factors at the quarterback position, Bradford has either been just as good or worse than Foles was for the Eagles in 2014. Foles had the advantage in every category except for a 1.0 advantage in passer rating, which was likely only because of his high rating against the Dolphins (I just used his overall season value for that statistic). People can complain all they want about how Foles played last year, but Bradford hasn’t been any better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed, I believe you have offered some pretty compelling evidence against Sammie over the last several months but I think your attempts to persuade Cougie that his man-love for Sammie is beyond blinding to any point of reason have fallen on... ...well blinded eyes and deaf ears. Your persistence is admirable but Cougie just loves Sammie too much to understand the brevity of nearly ANYTHING you've posted. Just a heads-up I suppose.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I beg your pardon? Who's clueless? Maybe before you throw out some ridiculous comment that you don't have a clue about you should maybe look up the facts yourself before you want to guarantee anything. Obviously you only follow Ram football and not the rest of the league, otherwise you would know who are the most sacked QB's.

Sorry, but even in Sammies two full years he was never one of the top 3 QB's sacked! In fact his season high was 36 times, there are about 20 current QB's in the league that have been sacked more times than that in a season. There are currently 5 QB's that have a season with over 50 sacks!!! On top of the season Keenum got to play and was sacked more times than Bradford, with less pass attempts!

I can name at least 10 guys that have been sacked more, in about the same amount of games as Bradford has in his career, and that doesn't even count guys like Luck, Bortles, Bridgewater, Marriota, who have been already sacked a lot in a couple of years!

That's the problem with Bradford apologist, they look for excuses at every turn, it's never that Bradford is just who he is, average at best! He's not a leader, he mopes when coming off the field, he mopes while sitting on the bench. As far as his "courage" please, he keeps playing because he's probably embarrassed about what he hasn't accomplished! Either that or he just wants to steal some more money!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed, I believe you have offered some pretty compelling evidence against Sammie over the last several months but I think your attempts to persuade Cougie that his man-love for Sammie is beyond blinding to any point of reason have fallen on... ...well blinded eyes and deaf ears. Your persistence is admirable but Cougie just loves Sammie too much to understand the brevity of nearly ANYTHING you've posted. Just a heads-up I suppose.

I'm a sucker for the disadvantaged, I try to take young kids under my wing and show them what's real in the world, show them the light, but unfortunately as in Baileys case (and someone elese) sometimes the doobage is to strong and they will always live in that make believe world where everything is the way they think it should be, but isn't!
I hate to give up on the lad, but obviously the love is way to strong to bring him back to our world, the real world!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a sucker for the disadvantaged, I try to take young kids under my wing and show them what's real in the world, show them the light, but unfortunately as in Baileys case (and someone elese) sometimes the doobage is to strong and they will always live in that make believe world where everything is the way they think it should be, but isn't!
I hate to give up on the lad, but obviously the love is way to strong to bring him back to our world, the real world!

Yep I agree. And it is a noble pursuit in this day and age even with sports. Carry on my good man!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget their 2015 salaries!

Sammy- $13,007,500 (highest paid Eagle in 2015)....LOL
Foles- $4,042,000 (#10 on the RAMs payroll)

Advantage- FOLES/RAMS
and don't forget the 2016 2nd rounder!

St. Louis Rams Contracts

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam was getting better. But he AND the Eagles were so bad in the first half of games. Sam looked pretty good out of the gate against Miami last week tho.

Was it Suh that hurt him? :lol:

In the end, Sam isn't going to win you games against good/great defenses. He will get his stats against the average defenses and he really is in the perfect system in Philly for his talent. Problem is that system is also perfect to get him laid out and on a stretcher too.

I just hope we don't reach on some QB with that 2nd round pick. :mad2:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should take the QB who wins this years Heisman, and can make all the throws, the best QB to come out of college in 20 years, and everyone else wants!

oh wait, we already tried that!

Just don't take the guy that is already injury prone in college. It seems to have worked with Gurley, but it's different with QBs. They usually get hurt due to getting sacked/pressured too often, which isn't a great indicator for the next level. If the QB has the frame to take that pressure and not miss significant time to injury, then you might be able to work with it.

Mr Glass proved too fragile.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams officially made some roster moves on Tuesday. Jamon Brown and Darrell Williams who were both hurt on the same play against Chicago were put on IR ending their seasons.

Isaiah Battle has been moved from the PS to the active roster and may see some action at RT if Havenstein can't go. Donnal and Wichmann are going to move into both guard spots this week-end against Baltimore.

The Rams added two additional offensive linemen to the active roster as well. The first, Brian Folkertsicon-article-link.gif is a St. Louis-area native and was signed off the 49ers’ practice squad. The second, Eric Kushicon-article-link.gif, was claimed off waivers from Houston.

Folkerts has some center experience. Kush is basically a guard. We still have Demetrius Rhaney who has done little besides see some action on STs. Both Folkerts and Kush are beefy types at 6'4-6'5 and over 310 lbs. To make room for Folkerts, the Rams released DT Doug Worthington.

Lastly, on the practice squad, the Rams released defensive end Gerald Riversicon-article-link.gif and added guard David Arkinicon-article-link.gif.