• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count, the Rams have hit to some degree on 5 of their past 6 first round picks and that doesn't include the previous regimes only real gem in Robert Quinn. That stacks up with the best of teams.

I'm not sure I would even say the Tavon Austin trade up was bad. Hopkins would've been the best pick but Austin is an important part of the offense. He is averaging 8 yds a carry and getting over 3 runs a game. He also provides a decoy for Gurley.

I do think that the Rams missing Alshon Jeffrey was huge but getting lucky and not getting Justin Blackmon was also helpful. The thing the Rams need most outside of QB is a clutch TE or a big play deep ball WR. Footballoutsiders has Cook as the 29th ranked high usage pass catching TE and Kendricks as #33. The thing with Cook is that he isnt a good blocker either so he is a total liability and thats even with some big plays sprinkled in the past couple of weeks.

I think its odd that they went after Fairley and Ayers in the offseason instead of offensive weapons. I also dont know why they got rid of Austin Davis. I do think the Rams were trying to trade up for Mariota but the rumors say that the Titans were asking the world for him and weren't actually serious in trading. I believe when explaining why they drafted Gurley on draft day its because they said he was on the top of their board after Mariota.

The Rams have done a LOT of things wrong but Snead's drafting isnt where Id focus.

Tavon is not on the field like most #1 WRs are and the only reason he is an important part of the offense is because there is no one else at WR that is really worth jack squat. Being 5'7 170 isn't going to do a whole lot UNLESS you have another WR to go to so Tavon can get free. You can give Tavon 1-2 end arounds a game and throw deep a few times, but he's not "the guy" in the offense. Offense has to be balanced. We need a #1 WR and a TE that can draw some attention as well.

I like Tavon, but not in the top 10 of the draft and trading up to do so. I am guess he isn't on the field for 70% of the plays per game.

G Rob? He never pass blocked at Auburn. We all discussed this almost 2 years ago. And that #2 overall pick is huge. You can't miss that. Quick was the #1 pick on day 2. Austin Pettis was a 3rd rounder.

I agree with most of what you said, but as good as we have drafted on defense, we have drafted the exact opposite of that on offense. Which is where we continue to see this team struggle.

Austin Davis should still be on this team and I wish we had him.

Would have been great to see Stefon Diggs instead of Andrew Donnal, Iowa - the 3rd OT we drafted by the 4th round.

Some things I just scratch my head at when you talk about how the Rams draft offense.

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about trading a 3rd rounder to the Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo? I don't think Brady is retiring any time soon. If I could trade that 3rd rounder last year instead of drafting Sean Mannion, i'm all over this. Bellicheat loves stock piling QBs for future picks. Jimmy was a late 2nd rounder, but I would be interested if we could package somebody and a mid-round pick for him.

upload_2015-11-20_14-10-13.jpeg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guess he isn't on the field for 70% of the plays per game.
Tavon Austin has been on the field for 75.6% of offensive snaps this year.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same. Too lazy to look it up but its about the same.

Better percentage would be, what percentage of plays does Britt or Cook affect?, probably ot double digits!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys, I listen to this Pat Kirwan and he had Jeff Fisher on today. I happened to get a freaking business call for some of it but it was interesting for sure for a couple of reasons.

I'll start here...
So in our case, having 3 more 1st round picks and a few others in those 3 years, shouldn't we be drafting at least 3+ starters during those drafts where we were loaded?
After the Fisher spot, and in response Roberto, a Rams fan caller, Pat said that the Rams have drafted 13 Starters since 2012!

You can't tell me that some of these picks the Rams got on offense were NOT projects and I mean BIG projects.
Oh course some of these picks were not hits. If you hit on everyone since 2012, you would have drafted 28 players minus compensatory and trade adjustments!

28!

That's over half your roster!

So add in the dudes already on the roster, Free Agents, Un-drafted Free Agents and Trade dudes in that time and THIRTEEN is a big number. And in that time, you're gonna find guys who start and guys who provide depth from all over the different avenues these guys take to get on the active roster including the practice squads and waiver wires.

Which of course means you will find guys who bust from all over the place, top rounds, mid rounds, late rounds, Free Agent's, Trade dudes and more.

It's all just part of the process.

You can't call 13 Drafted Starters since 2013 average. You may call the list of 13, Substandard Starters, but 13 Starters drafted since 2012 is not average at all.

Another reason it was interesting is because..... A Rams, who I think went by the name of 'Roberto', called in as I previously mentioned, and talked with Pat about the Rams' football.

I'd swear if I had to, that is was really @Retroram52!

Honestly, it was like hearing RR talk, even if it wasn't 'actually' Retro and really was someone named 'Roberto'. Every point this dude made to Pat was just like RR talking about Fisher, Snead, the offensive line, Foles, and even drafting was discussed in similar fashion as RR points to here.

:lol:

Very good show today!

:10:

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Robert Quinn is officially ruled out for tomorrow.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick DONE FOR THE SEASON!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavon Austin has been on the field for 75.6% of offensive snaps this year.

Aside from punt returns, Austin has had 7 touches TOTAL in the last two games! That's partly why we are doing nothing offensively!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from punt returns, Austin has had 7 touches TOTAL in the last two games! That's partly why we are doing nothing offensively!
I believe 2 big runs with Austin were called back in the Bears game and the Rams are only 3 for 9 at getting him the ball through the air the past 2 games.

There is too much garbage holding back the players with actual talent. PFF has Gurley graded as the 20th best RB right now. We all now that Gurley is better than that. Gurley, Havenstein, Bradley Marquez and Garret Reynolds are the only players with starting level grades. Compare that to the defense that has 9 starting level grades, 5 of which are Pro Bowl level players. PFF doesnt exactly tell whats going on but its saying that defenses can adjust to the people that actually have talent on the Rams.

The Rams probably need 3-5 new starters on offense next year. That probably means a new coach and/or a new OC.

Greg Robinson is their 73rd rated offensive tackle that has played this year. He has been awful in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. He might be the worst player in the NFL. He is the worst offensive player on the Rams so that certainly qualifies him for that title considering the Rams QB play.

Fisher should've bench or moved Robinson weeks ago. There has been zero improvement. With Foles, you at least saw one really good game and one or two decent games. I dont know what is dumber with Robinson in the first place - thinking he was an LT when drafting him, putting him at LT when he was struggling at freaking Guard his rookie year, going into year 2 thinking he was the next Willie Roaf and would be just fine playing LT despite no evidence saying he could or sticking with him after the bye week after routinely bad play.

The Fisher rookies are going into contract #2. The Rams are going to have to start paying their defense what they are worth. Fisher's window is closed. Im not sure why the Rams would keep him even if he wins out and the Rams just miss the playoffs.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe 2 big runs with Austin were called back in the Bears game and the Rams are only 3 for 9 at getting him the ball through the air the past 2 games.

There is too much garbage holding back the players with actual talent. PFF has Gurley graded as the 20th best RB right now. We all now that Gurley is better than that. Gurley, Havenstein, Bradley Marquez and Garret Reynolds are the only players with starting level grades. Compare that to the defense that has 9 starting level grades, 5 of which are Pro Bowl level players. PFF doesnt exactly tell whats going on but its saying that defenses can adjust to the people that actually have talent on the Rams.

The Rams probably need 3-5 new starters on offense next year. That probably means a new coach and/or a new OC.

Greg Robinson is their 73rd rated offensive tackle that has played this year. He has been awful in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. He might be the worst player in the NFL. He is the worst offensive player on the Rams so that certainly qualifies him for that title considering the Rams QB play.

Fisher should've bench or moved Robinson weeks ago. There has been zero improvement. With Foles, you at least saw one really good game and one or two decent games. I dont know what is dumber with Robinson in the first place - thinking he was an LT when drafting him, putting him at LT when he was struggling at freaking Guard his rookie year, going into year 2 thinking he was the next Willie Roaf and would be just fine playing LT despite no evidence saying he could or sticking with him after the bye week after routinely bad play.

The Fisher rookies are going into contract #2. The Rams are going to have to start paying their defense what they are worth. Fisher's window is closed. Im not sure why the Rams would keep him even if he wins out and the Rams just miss the playoffs.

I knew Robinson was bad, but rated 73rd? WOW, considering the guy has played every game this season, what a complete disaster!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing GR will be a guard next year and we will draft a OT once again. Ugh the #2 pick!! I wanted Kahlil Mack for the record!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently, now we're under league investigation for not pulling Keenum from the game when he suffered a concussion late in the 4th quarter...When it rains it pours

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had NFL doctors at every game and they are suppose to watch out for them, if they think a player is concussed they call a timeout to examine the player.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I believe they do. Here's an article about this latest cluster(you know what lol). It seems like our trainers didn't give him a concussion test when they ran in and took a look at him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/24/sports/football/st-louis-rams-case-keenum-concussion.html?_r=0

To go with all these injuries, I think it is time for a new training staff.

It is like Major League the movie, where the owner is doing all it can to make us lose so he can move the team. Stadium is causing injuries, bad training staff, inept coaching.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go with all these injuries, I think it is time for a new training staff.

It is like Major League the movie, where the owner is doing all it can to make us lose so he can move the team. Stadium is causing injuries, bad training staff, inept coaching.

Sounds about right....