• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so proud that C. Long got his Superbowl ring and Danny Amendola got his second. Don't know if anyone saw the instrumental, momentum-draining play that C. Long induced by his speed rush and got held by none other than Jake Matthews. I smiled because Atlanta was driving and that penalty took all the wind out of the Atlanta O. Brady and the Pats O did the rest. I am so happy for C. Long and D. Amendola. Congrats because you guys earned it!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so proud that C. Long got his Superbowl ring and Danny Amendola got his second. Don't know if anyone saw the instrumental, momentum-draining play that C. Long induced by his speed rush and got held by none other than Jake Matthews. I smiled because Atlanta was driving and that penalty took all the wind out of the Atlanta O. Brady and the Pats O did the rest. I am so happy for C. Long and D. Amendola. Congrats because you guys earned it!!

Yeah that was a big penalty... took them out of field goal range which would have sealed it. Congrats C. Long and Danny!!

And I hate to say it but now without a doubt Tom and Bill cement their selves as the greatest QB and Coach of all time.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I hate to say it but now without a doubt Tom and Bill cement their selves as the greatest QB and Coach of all time.
"Without a doubt" :L

F' Bill, f'em both! They cheated their way to their first Superbowl, and got buddy Goodell to burn the tapes in the process. Great ones don't need to cheat to be known as great!

If the NFL had any integrity at all, Bill would have been banned for life for cheating in the biggest game on stage in all of Major Sports!

I'm like Marshall, "I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl".

If you don't really know what Faulk is talking about, here are the interesting details.

Marshall Faulk: Patriots cheated the Rams out of a Super Bowl

Checking into to defensive plays to defend plays that the Rams had never run?? Plays that no one but the Rams had ever seen?? That's pretty compelling stuff. Also, destroying the tapes within two weeks after confiscating them, give me a break.

I know, why Goodell did it, it was to preserve the league. Evidence like that could have folded the league faster than a house of cards, but Goodell is fortunate he didn't go to prison for his actions.

Yes, happy for the Vets like C Long that get a Super Bowl ring after, as Bill said yesterday, "being on an awful team and getting guys who can still play". You are welcome Bill, our Rams payed him half his salary, just so you can remind us all how much we stink on the biggest stage in sports!

F' him I say! Greatest my Ass, he shouldn't be in the league, and I will never bestow such an honor on that guy, nor any of his partners in crime in my lifetime Coug!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Without a doubt" :L

F'em Bill, f'them both! They cheated their way to their first Superbowl, and got buddy Goodell to burn the tapes in the process. Great ones don't need to cheat to be known as great!

If the NFL had any integrity at all, Bill would have been banned for life for cheating in the biggest game on stage in all of Major Sports!

I'm like Marshall, "I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl".

If you don't really know what Faulk is talking about, here are the interesting details.

Marshall Faulk: Patriots cheated the Rams out of a Super Bowl

Checking into to defensive plays to defend plays that the Rams had never run?? Plays that no one but the Rams had ever seen?? That's pretty compelling stuff. Also, destroying the tapes within two weeks after confiscating them, give me a break.

I know, why Goodell did it, it was to preserve the league. Evidence like that could have folded the league faster than a house of cards, but Goodell is fortunate he didn't go to prison for his actions.

Yes, happy for the Vets like C Long that get a Super Bowl ring after, as Bill said yesterday, "being on an awful team and getting guys who can still play". You are welcome Bill, our Rams payed him half his salary, just so you can remind us all how much we stink on the biggest stage in sports!

F' him I say! Greatest my Ass, he shouldn't be in the league, and I will never bestow such an honor on that guy, nor any of his partners in crime in my lifetime Coug!

You can't be serious. Like the Patriots haven't done anything since that win? The Rams lost that game because of terrible playcalling by Martz. he refused to run Marshall Faulk when the Pats we're in nickel and dime defense the entire game but his ego was too big to run the ball. Pretty much what Shanahan did yesterday. I believe the Rams turned the ball over three times also? You need to get over it and except it. 5 SB wins will most likely never be beat.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they cheated but don't kid urself I'm sure a lot of teams were doing it or cheating in some way. Probably why the Rams didn't cause a big stink. I was bitter for a long time to but what they have accomplished since is nothing short of amazing. They have won with no name players every year. Who the hell is James White? Doesn't matter if they suspend Brady or they trade away their best player on defense they march on.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious. Like the Patriots haven't done anything since that win? The Rams lost that game because of terrible playcalling by Martz. he refused to run Marshall Faulk when the Pats we're in nickel and dime defense the entire game but his ego was too big to run the ball. Pretty much what Shanahan did yesterday. I believe the Rams turned the ball over three times also? You need to get over it and except it. 5 SB wins will most likely never be beat.
Bill should have been banned from the league, so there wouldn't be a legacy after Super Bowl 36 or as you put it 'done anything since' and what's worse... Bill just kept on cheating, taping other teams in the regular season.

Sure is a lot easier road to the Super Bowl when you are a top seed.

You can blame Martz if you want, I can see that. but can you explain why the tapes and notes were destroyed with such haste after they were confiscated?

Come on, evidence like that was destroyed just two weeks after they were confiscated.

Maybe you think Marshall can't be serious, but Marshall, Kurt and Mike M are all on record and as dead serious as I am.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was bonehead play calling. How Devonte Freeman only had 11 carries is beyond stupid - the kid was ballin and his first carry was for 30 yards. :L Why is it so many coaches get passy happy and forget about the run? Up 28-3?? C'mon man!

Mike Martz started this sh!t

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes the Pats cheated and cheated badly. So it's hard for me and many people to label them the best ever.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they cheated but don't kid urself I'm sure a lot of teams were doing it or cheating in some way. Probably why the Rams didn't cause a big stink. I was bitter for a long time to but what they have accomplished since is nothing short of amazing. They have won with no name players every year. Who the hell is James White? Doesn't matter if they suspend Brady or they trade away their best player on defense they march on.
You just don't get it, cheaters don't stop cheating, they just find a new angle. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out later that they were cheating once again in last night game some how. And I bet most wouldn't be surprised either.

I'll say it again, great ones don't need to cheat, but cheaters will always find a way to cheat you.

Be good with it, that's on you, I'm in the ring with Marshall, Kurt and others!

don't kid urself I'm sure a lot of teams were doing it or cheating in some way.
Buying this lame ass excuse is just lame, saying a lot were doing it is just BS. There are those that cheat and those with integrity, real men want to win without cheating, men like Dick Vermeil.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill should have been banned from the league, so there wouldn't be a legacy after Super Bowl 36 or as you put it 'done anything since' and what's worse... Bill just kept on cheating, taping other teams in the regular season.

Sure is a lot easier road to the Super Bowl when you are a top seed.

You can blame Martz if you want, I can see that. but can you explain why the tapes and notes were destroyed with such haste after they were confiscated?

Come on, evidence like that was destroyed just two weeks after they were confiscated.

Maybe you think Marshall can't be serious, but Marshall, Kurt and Mike M are all on record and as dead serious as I am.

Oh I'm not doubting if spygate was real it certainly was. The NFL is Corrupt as it gets. It's a legal mofia. But the Rams didn't play great that game with 3 turnovers and Martz ego not using Marshall when they were in dime the entire game. My you can't be serious comment was more directed at what the pats have done since.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My you can't be serious comment was more directed at what the pats have done since.
My opinion is he should have been banned for life, so all his cheating, or winning whatever you want to call it, he's done since is irrelevant.

To me, it's akin to honoring Charles Ponzi for his 'business acumen'.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but it didn't happen. They have proved themselves over the last 16 years to be the most dominant dynasty ever. 16 years. I could see your point if they never won another Super Bowl. but they have won 4 more been to 7 in the salary cap era.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Green Bay is the leader in championship wins with 11 (many before the merger and the modern day Superbowl), Pittsburgh is next with 6, and Dallas, San Fran, and now New England have 5 apiece. NE's inclusion in this list is definitely tainted by all of their scandals as opposed to no known scandals with any of the other leaders.

If you are going to be a NFL purist, Cougie, you'll have to attenuate your comments about the Pats "greatness". It is relative at this point as Vita has more than adequately provided you with essential evidence.

Even though C. Long and Amendola are playing for a franchise I utterly despise for those reasons, and of which I cannot control, I am not going to diminish the play yesterday of both those ex-Rams as both provided a lot of great plays to help the Pats achieve a excellent comeback.

Like I stated. I am proud those two who achieved their rings. They deserve it.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but it didn't happen. They have proved themselves over the last 16 years to be the most dominant dynasty ever. 16 years.
:lol:

I guess it's just the way you look at it.

I see them cheating to get their first for sure, cheating their way to get the one vs the cheating Seahags. (Really lucked into that one too because we all know Pete should have run the damned ball)

And got lucky as hell in this one because of the total collapse of the Falcons, I mean come one, the Falcons had a 99 percent chance to win the game last night over 20 times! It was a 99.8 percent chance to win it when it was 28-3 in the third quarter with 6:04 left in the quarter, Pats going for it on 4 & 3 from their 46. It was over, but the Falcons gave it away!

Take away the cheating and who knows if they even get to that many SB's. An obscure and now obsolete rule got them into their first SB anyhow. Remember the tuck rule? We here in LA and Raider fan does! Then they just cheat and kept on cheating....

Take those cheats and dumb ass luck SB's away and the Pats are the biggest losers in SB history. Bill and Brady would have 4 losses & the Pats 5. Remember how the Bills, Levy & Kelly are remembered, not as the greatest or anywhere near that. So take away vs the Rams & Hags SB for cheating their way or dumb luck, or both. Take away yesterday's improbable win and what are they left with? 2 SB titles out of 6 tries with 4 losses....

Yeah, cheating and dumb luck are not the mark of greatest for me, not at all.

Lombardi & Montana are safe in my eyes, safe as can be!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have proved themselves over the last 16 years to be the most dominant dynasty ever. 16 years.
5 titles in 16 years to me is not a 'dynasty'. Many only consider dynasties to be achieved by teams who have won multiple titles including titles in consecutive years, over a select time frame, to be dynasties in the Super Bowl era, like the Steelers and 49ers (Cowboys were close) and not over a decade and a half's body of work...

Here, even the Spurs are questioned as a 'dynasty' for the same reason, and I don't think they were a dynasty either, but they are a lot closer winning 4 titles in 9 years because their 4 titles all came in a decades worth of work.
Dynasties in question
San Antonio Spurs
of 1999 to 2014 led by Tim Duncan. (five NBA championships (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014) in sixteen seasons, six Western Conference titles, eleven division championships, and seventeen consecutive playoff appearances from 1998 to 2014, with a .705 win percentage during that span, the highest in any of the four major American sports) are considered a dynasty by some,[133][134] but not by others [135][136] because they did not win consecutive titles.
The Pats came close with the B2B's titles in 2004/2005, but since I don't consider the 2002 as a legitimate title, I personally won't give it up to them. Even then, I don't think winning 3 titles in a 10 years span is enough. To me, teams need at least 4 titles over a 10 year period.

As for everything the Pats have done since their 2005 title, winning 2 titles in 12 years, doesn't fit anyone's criteria as a dynasty.
Unless you somehow want to start giving them credit for losing Super Bowls. :pound:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Green Bay is the leader in championship wins with 11 (many before the merger and the modern day Superbowl), Pittsburgh is next with 6, and Dallas, San Fran, and now New England have 5 apiece. NE's inclusion in this list is definitely tainted by all of their scandals as opposed to no known scandals with any of the other leaders.

If you are going to be a NFL purist, Cougie, you'll have to attenuate your comments about the Pats "greatness". It is relative at this point as Vita has more than adequately provided you with essential evidence.

Even though C. Long and Amendola are playing for a franchise I utterly despise for those reasons, and of which I cannot control, I am not going to diminish the play yesterday of both those ex-Rams as both provided a lot of great plays to help the Pats achieve a excellent comeback.

Like I stated. I am proud those two achieved their rings. They deserved it.

I was referring to Brady and bill
5 titles in 16 years to me is not a 'dynasty'. Many only consider dynasties to be achieved by teams who have won multiple titles including titles in consecutive years, over a select time frame, to be dynasties in the Super Bowl era, like the Steelers and 49ers (Cowboys were close) and not over a decade and a half's body of work...

Here, even the Spurs are questioned as a 'dynasty' for the same reason, and I don't think they were a dynasty either, but they are a lot closer winning 4 titles in 9 years because their 4 titles all came in a decades worth of work.

The Pats came close with the B2B's titles in 2004/2005, but since I don't consider the 2002 as a legitimate title, I personally won't give it up to them. Even then, I don't think winning 3 titles in a 10 years span is enough. To me, teams need at least 4 titles over a 10 year period.

As for everything the Pats have done since their 2005 title, winning 2 titles in 12 years, doesn't fit anyone's criteria as a dynasty.
Unless you somehow want to start giving them credit for losing Super Bowls. :pound:

Steelers and Niners had no salary cap. That's a big difference. They had the same players on their teams for years. Those two super Bowl's they lost easily could've been wins Wes Walker dropped the ball which would have been a win and the miracle catch by the Giants WR gives the Giants a win. They could easily be 7-0. It's not just about winning titles look at their record over the last 16 years. Brady holds pretty much every playoff record.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think you can compare basketball to football. You only have five players on the court in basketball. Compared to a 40 man team. 2 or 3 good players in basketball makes all the difference. The cap is so different too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could easily be 7-0. It's not just about winning titles look at their record over the last 16 years. Brady holds pretty much every playoff record.
So you are giving credit to losing Super Bowls when referring to 'dynasties'. :L

Yes, when talking Dynasties in the NFL you are talking about the ultimate Championship, nothing short counts for squat until they are eligible for the HOF. Don't believe me, as any player that has ever played the Professional game.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 super Bowl apperences in 16 years in the salary cap era is impressive. I'll go out on a limb and say it will never happen again.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 super Bowl apperences in 16 years in the salary cap era is impressive. I'll go out on a limb and say it will never happen again.
So since you want to count SB losses when referring to an NFL Dynasty... :dhd:

I guess one could say they are an AFC Dynasty, still cheated and lucked their way in route should at least put that asterisk in there... :nod: