• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick and Britt should be gone IMO. Austin has to be around for another year, so he has a brief window to prove himself worthy of that contract. The rest didn't get much run, so they probably weren't who Goff was referring to.
ae4c3b06e04de74b8bf0c472eaf6d79e0314280b5e7aa22c2486af79f1c4d9b2.jpg

I think I'd like to see these two under a McVay run offense for at least one year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'd like to see these two under a McVay run offense for at least one year.

Which two? Quick and Britt? Quick has got to be gone at this point; I was a big supporter early on, but he just can't put two good games together and two often doesn't put forth full effort. Britt looks good today because of his contract year production, but we've seen the rest of his career; he won't duplicate those numbers and will want a sizable raise for them.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But how can we have ANY confidence these guys will change their ways??? Didn't we recently read how they refused to work with Goff on an off day? A leopard doesn't change its spots. They might ACT like they will for a few weeks, but after a few losses or bad weeks, the REAL them will again come out and I'm not sure we can afford that anymore...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If rather have Quick than Britt. Quick is younger and would be cheaper. But I'd really like to see Alshon in a Rams jersey, let Britt and Quick walk and see what these youngsters can do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have high hopes for Spruce, but hope he doesn't become the next Denario Alexander with the injuries.

Quick's 41-564-3 was career highs across the board, but on 79 targets (more than double his previous high). That catch percentage is woeful. With both Quick and Britt (68-1002-5 on 111 targets, career highs except for TDs) having career highs in contract years in a terrible offensive season, what does that say really? I don't think we can look at this past season and expect them to improve or even match those numbers, based on their individual histories.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have high hopes for Spruce, but hope he doesn't become the next Denario Alexander with the injuries.

Quick's 41-564-3 was career highs across the board, but on 79 targets (more than double his previous high). That catch percentage is woeful. With both Quick and Britt (68-1002-5 on 111 targets, career highs except for TDs) having career highs in contract years in a terrible offensive season, what does that say really? I don't think we can look at this past season and expect them to improve or even match those numbers, based on their individual histories.

Add on the fact they didn't work with Goff, which in turn would of have helped everyone. Which is completely dumb, you get the chemistry going with the qb you get more balls coming your way, not to mention better stats, better stats = more money.

So screw them, I want a commitment to winning and guys that want to win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have witnessed this play before from both Quick and Britt especially Britt. He plays well during a contract year and then after he gets mo money, he disappears. compare their play to say a Julio Jones. There is no comparison. Get rid of them both.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams' new staff has the right credentials for QB Jared Goff

Rams' new staff has the right credentials for QB Jared Goff

LOS ANGELES -- When the Los Angeles Rams began the 2016 season, their entire staff had combined to coach NFL quarterbacks for one year. That's right, one -- an unfathomable lack of experience when considering how much was riding on the development of rookie quarterback Jared Goff, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2016 draft.

The Rams are taking a far different approach now.

announced the coaching staff under rookie head coach Sean McVay, a contingent that boasts a combined 18 years as an NFL quarterbacks coach by three different assistants. Matt LaFleur -- the offensive coordinator, though McVay will call plays -- served as quarterbacks coach for the Redskins from 2010 to 2013 and the Falcons from 2015 to 2016. Greg Olson, the Rams' new quarterbacks coach, held the same role with the 49ers (2001), Bears (2003), Lions (2004-05), Buccaneers (2008-11) and Jaguars (2012). Even Zac Taylor, the assistant wide receivers coach, served as quarterbacks coach for the Dolphins from 2013 to 2015.

And that doesn't even include McVay, who spent the past three years as the Redskins' offensive coordinator, implementing a quarterback-friendly offense that is widely credited for the development of Kirk Cousins.

Last season, Goff's coach was Chris Weinke, a former Heisman Trophy winner who entered with only one season of experience as an NFL quarterbacks coach. His previous five years were spent as director of football at IMG Academy. The head coach, Jeff Fisher, and the assistant head coach, Dave McGinnis, came up coaching defenses. The offensive coordinator, Rob Boras, previously coached tight ends.

Goff never stood a chance
. He came in as the NFL's youngest quarterback, having never taken a snap from under center or called a play from the huddle in college, and finished with a horrific 22.2 Total QBR in seven starts, all losses. The Rams' focus has since turned to bringing in coaches who can improve the offense, a unit that has amassed the NFL's fewest yards each of the past two seasons. And in doing so, they have put together a staff stocked with quarterback expertise.

LaFleur worked with Robert Griffin III when he was Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2012 and with Matt Ryan when he was MVP in 2016. Olson, who also has extensive experience as an offensive coordinator, got the most out of established quarterbacks like Jeff Garcia and Joey Harrington. He oversaw a Pro Bowl season from Marc Bulger in 2006, helped Josh Freeman break out in 2010, guided Derek Carr through his rookie year in 2014 and helped Blake Bortles take strides as a second-year player in 2015. Taylor spent three years working with Ryan Tannehill, who compiled an 87.7 passer rating under his watch despite playing behind a bad offensive line.

The Rams desperately need Goff to take major strides in his second season, and they believe they have the coaching staff to guide him through it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams desperately need Goff and Mannion to take major strides next season, and they believe they have the coaching staff to guide them through it.
Fixed it for Alden Gonzalez Battlelyon...

Both should benefit from this group over last season.

And I just got to say it........I can't help but think what this group could do with Hundley on the roster.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this story is true, and it appears it is as there are more stories confirming it, six players including Chris Long have declined the invitation to the Trump WH. Alan Branch and several players have stated they don't feel comfortable going to the Trump WH. I was totally surprised that Chris Long would join this group of jerks.

So, at this juncture, I have lost all respect for Chris Long and he is officially out of my mind as a ex-Rams player worthy of any respect or congratulation for getting a ring. I join Vita in expressing contempt for these bastards and this team and for pulling this Kaepernick type crap.

What a damn joke. If C. Long is that much of child that he can't put his unfounded beliefs aside and respect the office of the POTUS, then I don't give a damn that he played for the Rams and has a famous father. He is a complete gutless coward and I hope the next time he plays the Rams, if that happens, that the Rams kick is cowardly, gutless ass!!

List of Patriots players pledging to boycott White House invite grows

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this story is true, and it appears it is as there are more stories confirming it, six players including Chris Long have declined the invitation to the Trump WH. Alan Branch and several players have stated they don't feel comfortable going to the Trump WH. I was totally surprised that Chris Long would join this group of jerks.

So, at this juncture, I have lost all respect for Chris Long and he is officially out of my mind as a ex-Rams player worthy of any respect or congratulation for getting a ring. I join Vita in expressing contempt for these bastards and this team and for pulling this Kaepernick type crap.

What a damn joke. If C. Long is that much of child that he can't put his unfounded beliefs aside and respect the office of the POTUS, then I don't give a damn that he played for the Rams and has a famous father. He is a complete gutless coward and I hope the next time he plays the Rams, if that happens, that the Rams kick is cowardly, gutless ass!!

List of Patriots players pledging to boycott White House invite grows

Unfortunately this kind of crap has been going on for a LONG time... It's not just the Trump White House. Athletes have refused to go to the Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I White Houses as well... If there is EVER a time to put politics aside and enjoy a moment, you'd think it was this kind of situation...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting ties with Britt and Quick may seem like the right thing to do. But easier said then done when they were your top WR's in 2016. Who is going to replace them?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips switching Rams' base defense to 3-4 scheme

Wade Phillips is ready to shake things up in his first season in Los Angeles.

Phillips told reporters Friday that the Rams will be shifting to a 3-4 defensive scheme in his first season as Rams defensive coordinator. The Rams ran a base 4-3 defense last season with Gregg Williams at the helm.

While the change may seem daunting, the 69-year-old defensive mastermind added that four of the last six defenses he coached were 4-3 before he changed it to a 3-4. That includes his previous stop with the Broncos, a team that switched base formations when Phillips came over in 2015, and ended with staggeringly positive results.

Phillips was the architect of the defense that led Denver to a Super Bowl 50 championship. Despite earning the first ring in his 47-year coaching career with the Broncos in 2016, he's ready for his next project.

"I've left several [teams]," Phillips said Friday regarding whether it was tough to leave Denver. "Sometimes I didn't want to leave, sometimes it's your choice, sometimes it's somebody else's choice. It's a new challenge certainly, keeps me going. I love those guys there, but I'm gonna love these guys here too."

Besides fortifying the Rams' defense, Phillips will also be working for a first-year head coach for the first time since 1986 with Buddy Ryan and the Eagles. The difference, though, is that Phillips' new boss this time is 38 years younger. Despite the substantial age gap, he's not worried about Sean McVay's debut in the spotlight.

"I think he'll handle it really well, from knowing him the way that I do already," Phillips told NFL Network's Omar Ruiz. "I'm just going to do everything I can to help him have a great defense here."

With intriguing pieces such as Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn, Phillips has the ingredients to potentially cook up something special at his latest stop.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay: LT Robinson still 'big part' of Rams' plans

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Greg Robinson, the former No. 2 overall pick who has struggled at left tackle throughout his three-year career, remains "a big part" of the Los Angeles Rams' plans moving forward, new coach Sean McVay said Friday.

McVay did not specify whether Robinson would remain at left tackle, but he did praise his talent.

"When you see some of the things he's able to do, you see the athleticism in space when he's pulling around and using some of those perimeter schemes that they did offensively last year," McVay said during a news conference from the team facility, which followed a meet-and-greet with his new assistant coaches. "He's a guy that we're excited to get around. That's why it's frustrating that we have to wait so long to get these guys in the building, see them on the grass."

Jared Goff and create space for running back Todd Gurley.

There was some thought the Rams might simply part ways with Robinson, who will cost about $6.8 million toward the salary cap in 2017, but it appears the new staff is not ready to do that.

New offensive line coach Aaron Kromer, who spent the past two years with the Buffalo Bills, said Robinson has shown "flashes of skills" to remain an NFL left tackle.

"Now, why it's not consistent, I can't answer that; I don't know," Kromer said. "When I can work with a player and get my hands on him and be outside and ask him to do something and ask him to do it again and ask him to adjust something, then I know what we can do with him, how we can fit him in the offense. But until then, on tape -- I don't know what he was told. I kind of know what he was supposed to do, but I don't know what his mindset was. I don't know it with any of them. So, I'm just looking for individual skills, like a scout."

At 6-foot-5, 332 pounds, Robinson is surprisingly athletic and has the skills to play left tackle, something that was obvious when he came out of Auburn in 2014 but just hasn't clicked yet in the NFL.

The Rams' previous offensive line coach, Paul Boudreau, spoke during the season about Robinson's inconsistent mechanics.

"He's all over the place with his feet, he's all over the place with his hands," Boudreau said. "And when he gets in trouble, when he stops his feet, he grabs, and he gets those holding penalties that you really don't need. So, he's got to concentrate on focusing on the little things."

The Rams could try moving Robinson to guard, where he can more freely utilize his power. But the best pending free agents are guards, a list that includes Kevin Zeitler, T.J. Lang and Larry Warford. Andrew Whitworth, a 35-year-old former second-round pick by the Cincinnati Bengals, is one of few notable left tackles eligible for free agency.

An in-house option at the position, besides Robinson, could be Rodger Saffold, who was perhaps the Rams' best offensive lineman last year.

Asked about transitioning to guard shortly after the Rams concluded a 4-12 season, Robinson said: "It's not really something that I'm just going to accept, because I'm so used to playing tackle. It would be hard to adjust. But if I have to adjust, that will be something that I will do."

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rams will use the franchise tag this year on anyone? I don't think they will on Johnson again. They would be better off overpaying a little on a FA CB and locking them up for 4 years. I think they should consider using it on T.J. McDonald though. I would hate to have to fill another hole with so many other problem areas. The safety tag would be a lot less then the CB tag.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have now read that Quinn supports the six players refusing to go to the WH because they disagree with Trump being there and his policies. I now have lost all respect for Robert Quinn. In my mind he now joins C. Long and the five players who entered the stadium in St Louis with their hands up supporting another fallacy-based movement, black lives matter. You remember: Jared Cook, Kenny Brit, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens, Tavon Austin.

Except for Britt and Austin, the rest are gone. Long is gone and I hope Quinn follows. Quinn's career is pretty much done anyways because he is not the same player since his back and ankle injuries and I suspect he will not be an effective element in Phillip's defense. Maybe he'll follow Williams to Cleveland. Good riddance!!

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If rather have Quick than Britt. Quick is younger and would be cheaper. But I'd really like to see Alshon in a Rams jersey, let Britt and Quick walk and see what these youngsters can do.

You keep hoping for Alshon SJ, unfortunately I don't EVER see that happening:(