• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry get a little long winded. Condensed down

Offensively for the Broncos--Attack the corners with quick slants and come back routes as the Corners bail very quickly. In the run game attack the edges as the pass rushers are wanting to get after the QB and can be caught out of position.

Defensively--Play man on the outside with Cover 1 over the top to help. Get creative with how they bring 4 after Carr. Yes blitzing hasn't worked well because the OL has held up really well for the Raiders. So get creative with who comes and when they come. Sound tackling though is the biggest key for the Broncos as the Raider receivers are great at Yards AFter the Catch.
Nice!! I was just joking about the condensed version dude.. You good at posting dude, like DJ and FlaRaider!! In fact, i would put money that DJ or FlaRaider would out post you.. DJ's a beast i have seen some of his work..
Anyways cd, that looks like a good plan, that i hope fails.. You do need to be careful if you blitz Carr.. He could burn you easy.. And yeah, our OL needs to play their best game to back that Denver D off.. I think it has the makings of a GREAT trench match up!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you need to understand that we had NO talent, picks nothing.. We went back to formula.. The first crop of FAs was just filler dude.. But that crop gave us Penn and Tuck.. To add to this great crop of FAs we added..
You trippin if you think Crabs is the only one producing for us out of this crop of FAs!! Btw.. You don't know what you talking about by saying that dude.. Reggie's goal is to build through the draft just like GB.. But we had no players, so we had to use FA to field a team for now.. Reggie hits on some and misses on some just like everybody else.. But make no mistake dude, dude is a beast at finding talent!!

I think you are forgetting how little of talent we had though either. The Broncos were 4-12 coming off their worst year in franchise history. They had just fired their coach because of cheating allegations, trading away our top young talent, and just bringing about a very negative and losing attitude to the franchise. Fast forward to now and only 3 players remain from anything before John Elway. We have D. Thomas which I will give you is a great talent and glad we at least got him out of all that. Bruton who is a back up safety but great special teams guy. Finally Ryan Clady who has been injured for about half the time that he has been with us since Elway took over. So 2 players essentially that have contributed that were here before Elway. That means 51 of the 53 man roster is what Elway has assembled.

As for your FA's I'm not saying others are not contributing. I'm saying that actually playing a high level. I did forget about Penn. You are right he has been playing really well for you guys. I also forgot about Chrales Woodson as he has brought some great leadership and some big plays for your team.

Also I think that is every team's goal though is to build through the draft. It is why such a huge chunk of the Broncos roster and even starters are made up of draft picks. It is why Elway has been able to spend on bigger name FA's because he has done well every where else in bringing in starter caliber players. The biggest difference though is Elway has had to do it mostly from picking in the final 5-6 picks of the draft compared to top-5 every year. A lot easier to hit on a quality player when you are picking at the top of each round compared to middle to late round every time. That to me is when you start seeing the best franchises are the ones who can stay at the top because they continue to find players even late in rounds.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!! I was just joking about the condensed version dude.. You good at posting dude, like DJ and FlaRaider!! In fact, i would put money that DJ or FlaRaider would out post you.. DJ's a beast i have seen some of his work..
Anyways cd, that looks like a good plan, that i hope fails.. You do need to be careful if you blitz Carr.. He could burn you easy.. And yeah, our OL needs to play their best game to back that Denver D off.. I think it has the makings of a GREAT trench match up!!

DJ has actually sent me some of his work. I am a big DJ fan and what he has to say. He is probably one of the more objective Raiders fans I have seen that does a decent job of stepping back and seeing the good and the bad of his team.

I have written a few things but nothing too major. I am more into game analysis and breaking down players. Honestly I would rather coach than write. It is why I do so much coaching right now as I love breaking down film and getting to see the little ins and outs of the game and see how my team can get a nice advantage.

A specific example just in my time of watching the Raiders today. Amari Cooper is definitely a good WR. There are some things he needs to work on though to become a great WR in my opinion. 1) He has a problem with some drops. The guy is looking to make a big play every time and will sometimes forget his #1 assignment as a WR is catch the ball. This is why especially on those quick screens and slant patterns he seems to struggle with those more than the hard catches. This is why I would play outside coverage as a Corner. Force him towards the middle where you can get those eyes looking a little more wanting to see if the hit is coming with more traffic. This also helps to limit Yards After the Catch with him as more bodies in that area instead of a 1-on-1 spot where he can make people miss. He does seem to not like the middle as much as he likes working the outside so force him to his weakness (although he is still pretty darn good with this). I would also then bait Carr and Cooper into this play. Let him have a couple of quick short slant plays making them think it is starting to work and they found a weakness. Then on a key 3rd and short knowing good chance they go back to this I have Brandon Marshall fake a blitz then drop back into that right short zone ready for a quick pass and interception setting up a perfect Pick-6 opportunity.

That is more what I like to do then go coach players up to take advantage of those type of things.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are forgetting how little of talent we had though either. The Broncos were 4-12 coming off their worst year in franchise history. They had just fired their coach because of cheating allegations, trading away our top young talent, and just bringing about a very negative and losing attitude to the franchise. Fast forward to now and only 3 players remain from anything before John Elway. We have D. Thomas which I will give you is a great talent and glad we at least got him out of all that. Bruton who is a back up safety but great special teams guy. Finally Ryan Clady who has been injured for about half the time that he has been with us since Elway took over. So 2 players essentially that have contributed that were here before Elway. That means 51 of the 53 man roster is what Elway has assembled.

As for your FA's I'm not saying others are not contributing. I'm saying that actually playing a high level. I did forget about Penn. You are right he has been playing really well for you guys. I also forgot about Chrales Woodson as he has brought some great leadership and some big plays for your team.

Also I think that is every team's goal though is to build through the draft. It is why such a huge chunk of the Broncos roster and even starters are made up of draft picks. It is why Elway has been able to spend on bigger name FA's because he has done well every where else in bringing in starter caliber players. The biggest difference though is Elway has had to do it mostly from picking in the final 5-6 picks of the draft compared to top-5 every year. A lot easier to hit on a quality player when you are picking at the top of each round compared to middle to late round every time. That to me is when you start seeing the best franchises are the ones who can stay at the top because they continue to find players even late in rounds.
Im not saying Elway is some crappy GM cd.. He's ok.. The thing here cd is, you guys had a more stable franchise than we did by far.. We had to go back to formula, cuz we had nothing.. Im talking master rebuild.. We took it down to nothing, and ate massive money cuz we had too.. And now we are starting to see a young team blossom just a little, but with alot more work yet to come!! Good GM work bro.. It is what it is..
Now Elway landed PM with some PRIME left, and PM recruited Ware, and all the other big ticket FAa you guys got, along with some solid drafting by Elway, so its no shock you guys have been good this long.. But the key player here cd, was a FA that you guys got lucky to get, and not a drafted player... We will see Elways true skills as soon as PM is gone.. Cuz any GM would of won with PM and all the players he brings with him..

CD, You forgetting Big DAN Williams, Lee Smith, Smith, Webb, Helu, Aldon, Lofton, along with Crabs, and let's not forget Allen who was looking great till he got hurt!! ALL MAJOR players for the RAIDERS!!
Soo, when we sit back and look at FA?? Looks like the RAIDERS won that derby!! Again you can thank the GM for that work.. All you have to do is see it for what it is.. You know whats up..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying Elway is some crappy GM cd.. He's ok.. The thing here cd is, you guys had a more stable franchise than we did by far.. We had to go back to formula, cuz we had nothing.. Im talking master rebuild.. We took it down to nothing, and ate massive money cuz we had too.. And now we are starting to see a young team blossom just a little, but with alot more work yet to come!! Good GM work bro.. It is what it is..
Now Elway landed PM with some PRIME left, and PM recruited Ware, and all the other big ticket FAa you guys got, along with some solid drafting by Elway, so its no shock you guys have been good this long.. But the key player here cd, was a FA that you guys got lucky to get, and not a drafted player... We will see Elways true skills as soon as PM is gone.. Cuz any GM would of won with PM and all the players he brings with him..

CD, You forgetting Big DAN Williams, Lee Smith, Smith, Webb, Helu, Aldon, Lofton, along with Crabs, and let's not forget Allen who was looking great till he got hurt!! ALL MAJOR players for the RAIDERS!!
Soo, when we sit back and look at FA?? Looks like the RAIDERS won that derby!! Again you can thank the GM for that work.. All you have to do is see it for what it is.. You know whats up..

Idaho I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Many of these veterans said that Elway sold them on what the Broncos are wanting to build here. It is why so many of them signed beyond what Manning did in the hopes of continuing on with this franchise. You can say it was all Manning all you want. That is fine. I guess we will find out soon enough. Really at this point though it comes down to the Broncos more continuing to build through the draft and try to sign players in house before ever looking in FA. Elway looked outside the organization because of needing some extra talent to go along with building on each draft. Now though they have players worth resigning. A great example is Von Miller is up for contract after this year. Good chance the Broncos invest big in him because they want to have this team be known like the Steelers who have only had 7 losing seasons since 1983 (32 years) mostly because they built great defenses the hope to build the offense as they go. Offensive numbers are great and all but they have shown to not be able to win championships as much as those teams that build the defense and have a good to great run game. Anyway right now 8 of the 11 starters on defense were brought in through the draft. Again that defense is Elway's baby not anything because of Manning.

As for the FA's looking at that list I see a decent to good group but not great. Given though when I am speaking of great the Broncos have brought in Pro Bowl players in Emmanuel Sanders, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Peyton Manning, Evan Mathis, Louis Vasquez. These are the players that Elway has brought in and many of these guys right now are ranked at the top or near the top of their position. I don't think the Raiders can say the same about theirs. Again that is what I am comparing things to. Maybe that is just too high of expectations.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ has actually sent me some of his work. I am a big DJ fan and what he has to say. He is probably one of the more objective Raiders fans I have seen that does a decent job of stepping back and seeing the good and the bad of his team.

I have written a few things but nothing too major. I am more into game analysis and breaking down players. Honestly I would rather coach than write. It is why I do so much coaching right now as I love breaking down film and getting to see the little ins and outs of the game and see how my team can get a nice advantage.

A specific example just in my time of watching the Raiders today. Amari Cooper is definitely a good WR. There are some things he needs to work on though to become a great WR in my opinion. 1) He has a problem with some drops. The guy is looking to make a big play every time and will sometimes forget his #1 assignment as a WR is catch the ball. This is why especially on those quick screens and slant patterns he seems to struggle with those more than the hard catches. This is why I would play outside coverage as a Corner. Force him towards the middle where you can get those eyes looking a little more wanting to see if the hit is coming with more traffic. This also helps to limit Yards After the Catch with him as more bodies in that area instead of a 1-on-1 spot where he can make people miss. He does seem to not like the middle as much as he likes working the outside so force him to his weakness (although he is still pretty darn good with this). I would also then bait Carr and Cooper into this play. Let him have a couple of quick short slant plays making them think it is starting to work and they found a weakness. Then on a key 3rd and short knowing good chance they go back to this I have Brandon Marshall fake a blitz then drop back into that right short zone ready for a quick pass and interception setting up a perfect Pick-6 opportunity.

That is more what I like to do then go coach players up to take advantage of those type of things.
Yeah, DJ is real good!! People that read these boards don't know that.. So are you dude for sure man!! You know the game REAL GOOD!! And write about it as well.. That's why you are such a fun debate for me!!
I like going after the smart ones.. Shoot, we could put 10 pages on this board real fast!! I don't hate people dude, so i give props for good work!! Theres a few others that are beast as well.. That iknowfootball dude is good as well!! We mixed it up last year.. I think that dudes is like a doctor or something?? And my boy FlaRaider is a beast!! Its all for fun anyways..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Many of these veterans said that Elway sold them on what the Broncos are wanting to build here. It is why so many of them signed beyond what Manning did in the hopes of continuing on with this franchise. You can say it was all Manning all you want. That is fine. I guess we will find out soon enough. Really at this point though it comes down to the Broncos more continuing to build through the draft and try to sign players in house before ever looking in FA. Elway looked outside the organization because of needing some extra talent to go along with building on each draft. Now though they have players worth resigning. A great example is Von Miller is up for contract after this year. Good chance the Broncos invest big in him because they want to have this team be known like the Steelers who have only had 7 losing seasons since 1983 (32 years) mostly because they built great defenses the hope to build the offense as they go. Offensive numbers are great and all but they have shown to not be able to win championships as much as those teams that build the defense and have a good to great run game. Anyway right now 8 of the 11 starters on defense were brought in through the draft. Again that defense is Elway's baby not anything because of Manning.

As for the FA's looking at that list I see a decent to good group but not great. Given though when I am speaking of great the Broncos have brought in Pro Bowl players in Emmanuel Sanders, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Peyton Manning, Evan Mathis, Louis Vasquez. These are the players that Elway has brought in and many of these guys right now are ranked at the top or near the top of their position. I don't think the Raiders can say the same about theirs. Again that is what I am comparing things to. Maybe that is just too high of expectations.
You need to understand cd that we had nothing to offer those players, as they knew what we were doing.. You on the other hand were offering PM!! And that is a major factor..You just can't get away from that dude, it is what it is.. This FA class i say we won it.. But cd?? With Carr, Coop, Mack, Aldon, new stadium on the way stable FO, good coaching, etc.. We too will get our choice of FAs!! In time bro..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to understand cd that we had nothing to offer those players, as they knew what we were doing.. You on the other hand were offering PM!! And that is a major factor..You just can't get away from that dude, it is what it is.. This FA class i say we won it.. But cd?? With Carr, Coop, Mack, Aldon, new stadium on the way stable FO, good coaching, etc.. We too will get our choice of FAs!! In time bro..

I guess we will again just have to agree to disagree. Right now the FA's the Broncos added this year Mathis finished as one of the top guards this past week and has been ranked as the top guard in the NFL. When you throw in the Broncos got him for a fraction of what some of the top Guards are getting I would say that is pretty darn impressive. Darian Stewart is ranked 2nd among FS's in the NFL right now. Beyond them we didn't really need to add anybody. When you then throw in guys like Antonio Smith (graded out very well as a DE for us) and Vance Walker (another guy grading out very well) it would not surprise me if the Broncos once again end up with at least a couple of these guys as Pro Bowl players. Right now they have played at that level like I said grading out as some of the top players at their positions.

Now as for the Broncos only attracting FA's because of Manning and we will struggle to get those type after he leaves. Well without Manning this team still has 10 other Pro Bowl players on the team. 7 of those players are signed long term and like I said good chance Miller joins them after this year. Again just have to see though. The NFL is a funny league in you just never know what is going to happen. Look at the Colts in they were expected to be the top team in the AFC going to the Super Bowl. Right now they might be lucky to make the playoffs. So you just never know. Promising teams can quickly fall apart and bottom feeders can quickly rise to the top.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will again just have to agree to disagree. Right now the FA's the Broncos added this year Mathis finished as one of the top guards this past week and has been ranked as the top guard in the NFL. When you throw in the Broncos got him for a fraction of what some of the top Guards are getting I would say that is pretty darn impressive. Darian Stewart is ranked 2nd among FS's in the NFL right now. Beyond them we didn't really need to add anybody. When you then throw in guys like Antonio Smith (graded out very well as a DE for us) and Vance Walker (another guy grading out very well) it would not surprise me if the Broncos once again end up with at least a couple of these guys as Pro Bowl players. Right now they have played at that level like I said grading out as some of the top players at their positions.

Now as for the Broncos only attracting FA's because of Manning and we will struggle to get those type after he leaves. Well without Manning this team still has 10 other Pro Bowl players on the team. 7 of those players are signed long term and like I said good chance Miller joins them after this year. Again just have to see though. The NFL is a funny league in you just never know what is going to happen. Look at the Colts in they were expected to be the top team in the AFC going to the Super Bowl. Right now they might be lucky to make the playoffs. So you just never know. Promising teams can quickly fall apart and bottom feeders can quickly rise to the top.
cd, Mathis is yet another what?? FA.. Most of your core are Vet FAs.. Then you saying, guys like Smith the chomo, and Walker could be Pro Bowlers?? Those guys are ok, but not Pro Bowlers!! When you get guys like that and put them on a unit that is playing great?? They shine a little more, but we know what their skill level really is, now don't we??
cd you keep saying Pro Bowlers, but that means nothing without a QB.. So you guys got lucky and got PM, and he brings that Core with him.. Why can't you understand that?? Again cd?? Im NOT saying Elway is weak by no means!! I just want to see his GM skills when that core is gone..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo i was watching some First Take and they were picking games.. Its Oakland VS Denver's turn!!
And i was impressed with Skip Bayless pick.. He picked OAKLAND!! That took balls to make that pick on TV!!
Skip is a rebel just like me, we stand alone!! You either fall or you get Glory.. Sweet!!
Oh?? Shout out to the BABE!! You looking good girlfriend.. Send some of those sweet rays my way!! Wink..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Mathis is yet another what?? FA.. Most of your core are Vet FAs.. Then you saying, guys like Smith the chomo, and Walker could be Pro Bowlers?? Those guys are ok, but not Pro Bowlers!! When you get guys like that and put them on a unit that is playing great?? They shine a little more, but we know what their skill level really is, now don't we??
cd you keep saying Pro Bowlers, but that means nothing without a QB.. So you guys got lucky and got PM, and he brings that Core with him.. Why can't you understand that?? Again cd?? Im NOT saying Elway is weak by no means!! I just want to see his GM skills when that core is gone..

See Idaho this is why though Elway has been so good in he has brought in FA's that became Pro Bowl/All-Pro players while also drafting players that have become that as well such as Von Miller and Chris Harris. Or he has gone and got somebody off another team's practice squad like that of Brandon Marshall that had just cut. I mean the Jaguars one of the worst teams in the league cut him and the Broncos were able to bring talent out of him to the point he is now the highest rated ILB in the NFL and 2nd place isn't even close.

As for the whole QB argument then why is it that most of the Pro Bowl players are on the defensive side of the ball? I mean it if was all about Peyton then why is it that the other side of the ball when Peyton is not even on the field are the ones being most recognized? Or why is it this year even though Peyton is struggling that D. Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are still putting up numbers making leaping catches all over the field?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Idaho this is why though Elway has been so good in he has brought in FA's that became Pro Bowl/All-Pro players while also drafting players that have become that as well such as Von Miller and Chris Harris. Or he has gone and got somebody off another team's practice squad like that of Brandon Marshall that had just cut. I mean the Jaguars one of the worst teams in the league cut him and the Broncos were able to bring talent out of him to the point he is now the highest rated ILB in the NFL and 2nd place isn't even close.

As for the whole QB argument then why is it that most of the Pro Bowl players are on the defensive side of the ball? I mean it if was all about Peyton then why is it that the other side of the ball when Peyton is not even on the field are the ones being most recognized? Or why is it this year even though Peyton is struggling that D. Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are still putting up numbers making leaping catches all over the field?
cd, those FAs have become Pro Bowlers cuz they play on a good unit as whole.. And they have the backing of a good O.. They gamble, cuz they know they have PM to keep them in games.. Easy money man.. It all comes back to you guys getting lucky in getting PM.. A FA, not a drafted player..
Now cd?? We too have talent that can put PM on his AZZ!! Not just you..
As for most of the pro bowers on D?? Elway put all his cap on that side of the ball, but look at his OL now.. PM getting beat up, no real RUN game up to now.. Like i said you guys could just as easy be 1-3 as you are 4-0.. You can't WIN a SB like that!! And that's what your capped out team is trying to do..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Denver Fan!! TJ Carrie our 7th round pick, and future ALL Pro imo, not playing!! Ugh!!
This game just got bigger for Mack, Aldon, Mayowa, and Tuck!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Denver Fan!! TJ Carrie our 7th round pick, and future ALL Pro imo, not playing!! Ugh!!
This game just got bigger for Mack, Aldon, Mayowa, and Tuck!!
My bad.. Let me add to the list?? No Jelly and Autry either!! Smh..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to ALL the Females in Silver and Black!! You look Fantastic!! ALL OF YOU!! Yup Yup.. I watching a little SC right now and some SportsNation!! All i got to say is?? DANG!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to ALL the Females in Silver and Black!! You look Fantastic!! ALL OF YOU!! Yup Yup.. I watching a little SC right now and some SportsNation!! All i got to say is?? DANG!!
Oh?? and some NFLN as well.. Peace!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, those FAs have become Pro Bowlers cuz they play on a good unit as whole.. And they have the backing of a good O.. They gamble, cuz they know they have PM to keep them in games.. Easy money man.. It all comes back to you guys getting lucky in getting PM.. A FA, not a drafted player..
Now cd?? We too have talent that can put PM on his AZZ!! Not just you..
As for most of the pro bowers on D?? Elway put all his cap on that side of the ball, but look at his OL now.. PM getting beat up, no real RUN game up to now.. Like i said you guys could just as easy be 1-3 as you are 4-0.. You can't WIN a SB like that!! And that's what your capped out team is trying to do..

It is true they play on a good unit but plenty of teams have taken FA's that were high priced supposed to be All-Pro types and failed miserably. Look at Suh down in Miami right now where they were a great defense last year and everybody thought Suh coming on board would make them even more dangerous yet they are one of the worst defenses in the league and just got their coach fired. So it is not just a matter of paying money and they perform. It is a matter of getting them into a great system where they can flourish. It is why Elway has done so well find cheap bargains that then come in and play at a high level because he looks at fit just as much as he does quality of the player. Terrance Knighton is a great example in he got benched by the Jaguars then cut in the off season to then come to Denver and become one of the top NT's in the league. Emmanuel Sanders fit in perfectly with Manning because he is a great route runner with great hands. When with Pittsburgh he was their 3rd or 4th string WR. With Manning and the Broncos system he became a Pro Bowler. It is not like he had a slouch of a QB when in Pitt then came to Denver. He had a Pro Bowl QB throwing to him yet our system was a greater fit.

As for the rest of the team and some of the struggles. Yeah every team has a weakness. A cap limits how much you can just buy a championship. It is why there is so much turnover in the NFL. The Broncos invested a lot Draft wise though over the past 2 drafts and slowly but surely every week they are getting better. It is why the run game has gotten better with each week. The OL takes some time and as they do the Offensive numbers should improve. Now I could say the same about the Raiders in they invested heavily in that Front-7 for the defense but that Defensive Backfield is one of the worst in the league right now. Or I could say the Raiders invested heavily in the offense but the defense didn't quite receive the same help. It is why the offense is rated in the top-15 and the defense in the bottom-5. The Cap limits what a team can do. The best know how to overcome their weaknesses and right now the Broncos are finding little ways to get some points to do enough to win while the offense works on learning our new system and building unity.

As for being Capped out I guess not sure you actually know much about the Broncos Cap situation. We are middle of the pack when it comes to cap space right now for this season. The Broncos have no actual contracts other than D. Thomas' that has them tied down beyond this year. Good chance this is Manning's last year so Broncos get $19 million in cap space extra added to next year. Good chance Ryan Clady is gone because of all the injuries. That is another $9 million both with very little dead money. Let's say the Broncos decide DeMarcus Ware is getting old. They can cut him and save another $10 million. That is 3 players with 2 of them either on Injured Reserve or playing at a very mediocre position and I have already created $38 million in cap space for the Broncos. When you add the Broncos already have plenty of Cap Space ready for this next season the Broncos could do just about whatever they wanted this next off season. Elway when he first started hired a guy in the NFL office that reviews every contract signed in the NFL and had him come in to design all of our contracts. He is considered one of the top minds in what a good NFL contract looks like. It is why the Broncos year in and year out continue to be in one of the best cap situations in the NFL even though they have some pretty high priced players.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true they play on a good unit but plenty of teams have taken FA's that were high priced supposed to be All-Pro types and failed miserably. Look at Suh down in Miami right now where they were a great defense last year and everybody thought Suh coming on board would make them even more dangerous yet they are one of the worst defenses in the league and just got their coach fired. So it is not just a matter of paying money and they perform. It is a matter of getting them into a great system where they can flourish. It is why Elway has done so well find cheap bargains that then come in and play at a high level because he looks at fit just as much as he does quality of the player. Terrance Knighton is a great example in he got benched by the Jaguars then cut in the off season to then come to Denver and become one of the top NT's in the league. Emmanuel Sanders fit in perfectly with Manning because he is a great route runner with great hands. When with Pittsburgh he was their 3rd or 4th string WR. With Manning and the Broncos system he became a Pro Bowler. It is not like he had a slouch of a QB when in Pitt then came to Denver. He had a Pro Bowl QB throwing to him yet our system was a greater fit.

As for the rest of the team and some of the struggles. Yeah every team has a weakness. A cap limits how much you can just buy a championship. It is why there is so much turnover in the NFL. The Broncos invested a lot Draft wise though over the past 2 drafts and slowly but surely every week they are getting better. It is why the run game has gotten better with each week. The OL takes some time and as they do the Offensive numbers should improve. Now I could say the same about the Raiders in they invested heavily in that Front-7 for the defense but that Defensive Backfield is one of the worst in the league right now. Or I could say the Raiders invested heavily in the offense but the defense didn't quite receive the same help. It is why the offense is rated in the top-15 and the defense in the bottom-5. The Cap limits what a team can do. The best know how to overcome their weaknesses and right now the Broncos are finding little ways to get some points to do enough to win while the offense works on learning our new system and building unity.

As for being Capped out I guess not sure you actually know much about the Broncos Cap situation. We are middle of the pack when it comes to cap space right now for this season. The Broncos have no actual contracts other than D. Thomas' that has them tied down beyond this year. Good chance this is Manning's last year so Broncos get $19 million in cap space extra added to next year. Good chance Ryan Clady is gone because of all the injuries. That is another $9 million both with very little dead money. Let's say the Broncos decide DeMarcus Ware is getting old. They can cut him and save another $10 million. That is 3 players with 2 of them either on Injured Reserve or playing at a very mediocre position and I have already created $38 million in cap space for the Broncos. When you add the Broncos already have plenty of Cap Space ready for this next season the Broncos could do just about whatever they wanted this next off season. Elway when he first started hired a guy in the NFL office that reviews every contract signed in the NFL and had him come in to design all of our contracts. He is considered one of the top minds in what a good NFL contract looks like. It is why the Broncos year in and year out continue to be in one of the best cap situations in the NFL even though they have some pretty high priced players.
I remember leading up to FA, fans and people on TV saying, the RAIDERS can't get the big ticket FA.. Well thank goodness for that eh?? Looks like Reggie WINS again.. Nope he goes and gets guys that FIT our system as well, like Crabs, Williams, Smith, etc.. See cd its not only about you, but me as well.. WE will have 70m yet again to add to our young team next year, we ok.. Oh and Reggie making draft picks, again we good..
We are just starting to build our foundation, we are still learning how to WIN.. Think Jimmy Johnson man.. Same formula.. The RAIDERS have some BUZZ, cause they see what Reggie is building..
Carr, Coop. Murray, Mack, etc, that's one of the better collection of young talent in the league!!
The RAIDERS are a team of the future, and you know this, cuz you know football..
Don't be that guy cd?? That says, everything i have is better than everybody else cuz in the end that's not always the case..

As for your cap cd?? I have seen those kind of numbers many times.. And fans are like?? We good!! Nah dude, it WILL get you.. You can't spend like that and say we good, cuz it starts hurting the team.. Heck, we talked a little Forte, and what did you say?? We can't fit him under our cap.. Gee i wonder why?? Us on the other hand are good..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember leading up to FA, fans and people on TV saying, the RAIDERS can't get the big ticket FA.. Well thank goodness for that eh?? Looks like Reggie WINS again.. Nope he goes and gets guys that FIT our system as well, like Crabs, Williams, Smith, etc.. See cd its not only about you, but me as well.. WE will have 70m yet again to add to our young team next year, we ok.. Oh and Reggie making draft picks, again we good..
We are just starting to build our foundation, we are still learning how to WIN.. Think Jimmy Johnson man.. Same formula.. The RAIDERS have some BUZZ, cause they see what Reggie is building..
Carr, Coop. Murray, Mack, etc, that's one of the better collection of young talent in the league!!
The RAIDERS are a team of the future, and you know this, cuz you know football..
Don't be that guy cd?? That says, everything i have is better than everybody else cuz in the end that's not always the case..

As for your cap cd?? I have seen those kind of numbers many times.. And fans are like?? We good!! Nah dude, it WILL get you.. You can't spend like that and say we good, cuz it starts hurting the team.. Heck, we talked a little Forte, and what did you say?? We can't fit him under our cap.. Gee i wonder why?? Us on the other hand are good..

So you tell me don't be that guy that thinks my team has the best over everybody else but right before that you brag about all of your players and how great they are and how they are some of the best young talent in the league? Hmmm doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical to you?

Everything I have posted so far is backed by stats. These players I mentioned have been Pro Bowl players. The Broncos have signed bargain price players and they come to Denver and become Pro Bowl talent. Emmanuel Sanders, TJ Ward, Brandon Marshall are all guys that have been recognized by the National Media and by the fans for their exceptional play.

As for our Cap honestly Idaho you have your mind made up and refuse to look at the facts. The Broncos are fully committed to 2 players beyond this year. D. Thomas and Chris Harris both All-Pro players. The rest that carry a high Cap Number also were signed to a very low signing bonus and paid on a more year to year basis. A great example is by cutting Manning after this year saves the team $19 million. That is after the dead money is already taken out. D. Ware is in that same boat of saves us around $10 million if we cut him after this season with very little dead money. Aqib Talib, Louis Vasquez, Ryan Clady, and Emmanuel Sanders all fall into this same pattern. The Broncos don't get themselves in Cap Hell because they like to set up contracts on a more year to year basis so they can get out of them at any point with little issues. This is the opposite of what the Raiders did that got them into so much trouble. Not every team that pays big money to players is in Cap Hell. This is where understanding the little details of contracts makes a huge difference. Just because a player is signed to a 5-year $50 million contract doesn't actually mean the team pays the full $50 million. Heck say they guarantee $25 million of it the team is still not even responsible for the full $25 million depending on the types of guarantees. Again this is why the Broncos year in and year out have been able to spend decent money. When you throw in they are getting big production from guys with very little cap numbers. Two great examples are that of Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall our two ILB's. No pair in the NFL is playing at a higher level combined than these two at the inside position according to PFF. The Broncos right now are paying a combined Salary Cap Hit of under $2.2 million. Some teams have back up linebackers making more than that on their team.

Also you said the Broncos haven't invested in the OL earlier. That is just not true. They have Mathis and Vasquez who have both graded as two of the top Guards in the NFL in the last few years. Paid decent money. They also have invested draft picks seen by having a starting LT, RT, and Center all drafted in the past 2 drafts. They also used a midround pick on a guy at the Guard position that is expected to possibly start this weekend and has gotten rave reviews. They have paid decent money and spent in the draft. The problem with the group is that it wasn't until about 2 weeks before the season started that these 5 even practiced together for the first time. Their first actual game action together was week 1. They didn't take a single snap as the starting 5 in preseason. That means they are learning to grow. It is why in weeks 1 and 2 they gave up 7 sacks and a ton of pressure. Over the past 2 games they have given up I think 3 sacks and about middle of the pack for the NFL in pressure. They are showing signs of improvement as they learn to play together. Same thing happened for New England last year where they put in a lot of young players who did not play well at the beginning of the year. As they grew so did the offense of the Patriots. Thankfully the Broncos right now have a defense that can cover for an offense that hasn't played all that well yet.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you tell me don't be that guy that thinks my team has the best over everybody else but right before that you brag about all of your players and how great they are and how they are some of the best young talent in the league? Hmmm doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical to you?

Everything I have posted so far is backed by stats. These players I mentioned have been Pro Bowl players. The Broncos have signed bargain price players and they come to Denver and become Pro Bowl talent. Emmanuel Sanders, TJ Ward, Brandon Marshall are all guys that have been recognized by the National Media and by the fans for their exceptional play.

As for our Cap honestly Idaho you have your mind made up and refuse to look at the facts. The Broncos are fully committed to 2 players beyond this year. D. Thomas and Chris Harris both All-Pro players. The rest that carry a high Cap Number also were signed to a very low signing bonus and paid on a more year to year basis. A great example is by cutting Manning after this year saves the team $19 million. That is after the dead money is already taken out. D. Ware is in that same boat of saves us around $10 million if we cut him after this season with very little dead money. Aqib Talib, Louis Vasquez, Ryan Clady, and Emmanuel Sanders all fall into this same pattern. The Broncos don't get themselves in Cap Hell because they like to set up contracts on a more year to year basis so they can get out of them at any point with little issues. This is the opposite of what the Raiders did that got them into so much trouble. Not every team that pays big money to players is in Cap Hell. This is where understanding the little details of contracts makes a huge difference. Just because a player is signed to a 5-year $50 million contract doesn't actually mean the team pays the full $50 million. Heck say they guarantee $25 million of it the team is still not even responsible for the full $25 million depending on the types of guarantees. Again this is why the Broncos year in and year out have been able to spend decent money. When you throw in they are getting big production from guys with very little cap numbers. Two great examples are that of Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall our two ILB's. No pair in the NFL is playing at a higher level combined than these two at the inside position according to PFF. The Broncos right now are paying a combined Salary Cap Hit of under $2.2 million. Some teams have back up linebackers making more than that on their team.

Also you said the Broncos haven't invested in the OL earlier. That is just not true. They have Mathis and Vasquez who have both graded as two of the top Guards in the NFL in the last few years. Paid decent money. They also have invested draft picks seen by having a starting LT, RT, and Center all drafted in the past 2 drafts. They also used a midround pick on a guy at the Guard position that is expected to possibly start this weekend and has gotten rave reviews. They have paid decent money and spent in the draft. The problem with the group is that it wasn't until about 2 weeks before the season started that these 5 even practiced together for the first time. Their first actual game action together was week 1. They didn't take a single snap as the starting 5 in preseason. That means they are learning to grow. It is why in weeks 1 and 2 they gave up 7 sacks and a ton of pressure. Over the past 2 games they have given up I think 3 sacks and about middle of the pack for the NFL in pressure. They are showing signs of improvement as they learn to play together. Same thing happened for New England last year where they put in a lot of young players who did not play well at the beginning of the year. As they grew so did the offense of the Patriots. Thankfully the Broncos right now have a defense that can cover for an offense that hasn't played all that well yet.
cd, your just that type of guy dude, everything you guys do is gold, nothing is ever bad.. Cool man.. We are who we are.. And if you ever notice?? I always say we have alot of work to do behind whatever i say.. And yeah, just look at that young collection of talent the RAIDERS have, and you tell me?? But that don't mean nothing till we finish the process.. And we still have a year or so to finish that..
You see cd?? Us like you guys are still learning how to play as a unit, or does that only count for you guys??
And you keep talking about all these pro bowl players you have, then you should be a lock to WIN the SB!! I mean, you have the BEST D in the history of football, along pro bowl players everywhere!! Tell me cd?? Are you a LOCK to WIN the SB?? I just want to know?? Here i have this young team that's just learning how to WIN, how in the heck could we ever compete with a team with pro bowl players everywhere?? When i read what you have to say?? I think you just might have the BEST team ever put together.. Crazy good..

And no cd, you will never change my mind, heck i can't even change my own mind, let alone you.. Funny..
Dude im going to go wash my 66 and take her for a spin, its to nice of a day not too.. Ya know me, if you reply i will get back at ya.. Its just all for fun..