• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough L yesterday on Sunday. I was in Primm, NV at Buffalo Bill's. Saw a great concert with (Uncle) Charlie Wilson. I thought Cutler (and Brees) were both out a while. We played well but just keep thinking it woulda been a W if Clausen had played.

:gaah:
What's up DJ.. Sounds like you had a blast.. And yeah man, that loss was crappy!! Oh well, on to the Broncos.. Let's get them!!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up DJ.. Sounds like you had a blast.. And yeah man, that loss was crappy!! Oh well, on to the Broncos.. Let's get them!!

It sucked but there were positives.....with Cutler the Bears aren't a bad team imo. They have talent in Cutler, Forte, royal, Bennett, etc, they are just under-achieving.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, the whole Denver fan base would be CRUSHED if we beat you guys.. For sure.. But relax baby, everybody is picking you guys, it's in the bag right?? So says everybody..

I didn't say I would enjoy it. Yes it would hurt but like I said the Broncos have started out quite a bit better than I ever thought they would up to this point. And I understand no game is in the bag in the NFL especially on the road.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.....I agree.

Pretty encouraged about the Raiders-Broncos game after watching the Vikings give y'all fits. And Manning really looks off. 6 TD's to 5 INT's.....not Manning-esque at all.

Not sure I would say the Vikings gave us fits. The biggest thing in that game was the turnovers. Manning's interceptions were killer and honestly he did almost cost the team the game. That was probably 10-14 points difference and really the difference between a slim win and that of a blow out. Bridgewater did really impress me with his poise considering all the pressure he was under in the game but the Broncos by their own mistakes let the Vikings stay in that game.

The encouraging thing though is in the past the Broncos if Manning had a game like that got blown out. Right now with Manning playing at best average football the team is still 4-0 against all teams that have gone to the playoffs in the last 2 seasons. If Manning can get to playing at just an above average level this season then I will consider the Broncos to be true threats in the playoffs. Need him to pick up his game just a little bit. Maybe that 31st ranked Oakland defense can help build some of that confidence for him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler bringin' the smack talk, @idahoraiderfan33!!!!

:heh:

Haha to get a jab in there every now and then.

Really this is a game of opposites. The strength of the Raiders is the offense and the defense just hasn't been all that great. Fro the Broncos obviously the defense is why they are undefeated right now while the offense has been a liability. Going to be interesting to see the strength on strength and the weakness on weakness and see what comes out of it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha to get a jab in there every now and then.

Really this is a game of opposites. The strength of the Raiders is the offense and the defense just hasn't been all that great. Fro the Broncos obviously the defense is why they are undefeated right now while the offense has been a liability. Going to be interesting to see the strength on strength and the weakness on weakness and see what comes out of it.

Oh..........I expect Denver to win......just curious to see how close it is.....

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would say the Vikings gave us fits. The biggest thing in that game was the turnovers. Manning's interceptions were killer and honestly he did almost cost the team the game. That was probably 10-14 points difference and really the difference between a slim win and that of a blow out. Bridgewater did really impress me with his poise considering all the pressure he was under in the game but the Broncos by their own mistakes let the Vikings stay in that game.

The encouraging thing though is in the past the Broncos if Manning had a game like that got blown out. Right now with Manning playing at best average football the team is still 4-0 against all teams that have gone to the playoffs in the last 2 seasons. If Manning can get to playing at just an above average level this season then I will consider the Broncos to be true threats in the playoffs. Need him to pick up his game just a little bit. Maybe that 31st ranked Oakland defense can help build some of that confidence for him.
cd, this don't make sense?? So the Vikes gave you no fits, and yet the 2 PM Picks about cost you guys the game??
Truth is?? You guys could just as easy be 1-3 as you are 4-0.. You BEEN lucky man.. Will that luck run out Sunday??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..........I expect Denver to win......just curious to see how close it is.....
I expect the RAIDERS to WIN DJ.. I do.. Im not nervous or fear that team..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, this don't make sense?? So the Vikes gave you no fits, and yet the 2 PM Picks about cost you guys the game??
Truth is?? You guys could just as easy be 1-3 as you are 4-0.. You BEEN lucky man.. Will that luck run out Sunday??

What doesn't make sense? The Broncos were up by 10 driving when Manning threw that first pick. So instead of the Broncos at least scoring a field goal instead it turns into a touchdown for the Vikings. 10 points swing. If the Broncos win by 13 or more points people are calling that a nice blow out win for the Broncos. So yes the 2 turnovers by Manning made a huge difference in the game. Turnovers are the great equalizer as they say in football that give a lesser team a good chance.

As for the 1-3 well we could do that for just about every team. You guys could be 0-4 right now just as you could be 3-1. Not sure how getting pressure on a QB forcing them to make a mistake is lucky though. Throw in against the Vikings they fumbled something like 4 times with the Broncos only recovering 1. That is usually considered pretty unlucky in the NFL. They also dropped about 3 interceptions that again could be considered unlucky.

What isn't lucky though is the Broncos defense being ranked as the best defense in the NFL. They have worked hard to get the defense they have right now and it is one that they have talent all over the field. Heck they have 11 guys already with sacks this season. The Broncos have more players with sacks than most teams have total right now in the league including your team with just 8. When you throw in the Broncos have the highest graded secondary in the NFL and only one other team is even close well it just shows that this is an elite unit. Great defenses always keep teams in games that help them to have a chance to win every week. Elway has talked about how this is how he wanted to build his team with the defense being the dominant unit. So far his formula has proven to be very good.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't make sense? The Broncos were up by 10 driving when Manning threw that first pick. So instead of the Broncos at least scoring a field goal instead it turns into a touchdown for the Vikings. 10 points swing. If the Broncos win by 13 or more points people are calling that a nice blow out win for the Broncos. So yes the 2 turnovers by Manning made a huge difference in the game. Turnovers are the great equalizer as they say in football that give a lesser team a good chance.

As for the 1-3 well we could do that for just about every team. You guys could be 0-4 right now just as you could be 3-1. Not sure how getting pressure on a QB forcing them to make a mistake is lucky though. Throw in against the Vikings they fumbled something like 4 times with the Broncos only recovering 1. That is usually considered pretty unlucky in the NFL. They also dropped about 3 interceptions that again could be considered unlucky.

What isn't lucky though is the Broncos defense being ranked as the best defense in the NFL. They have worked hard to get the defense they have right now and it is one that they have talent all over the field. Heck they have 11 guys already with sacks this season. The Broncos have more players with sacks than most teams have total right now in the league including your team with just 8. When you throw in the Broncos have the highest graded secondary in the NFL and only one other team is even close well it just shows that this is an elite unit. Great defenses always keep teams in games that help them to have a chance to win every week. Elway has talked about how this is how he wanted to build his team with the defense being the dominant unit. So far his formula has proven to be very good.
TOs are part of the game cd, every team has them.. Heck TOs are just as common as getting a first down now days, we had 2 of them as well, so you always factor in a TO or 2 along with Flags, the REFS, they ALL part of the game.. Now what i think an elite D is?? That Raven D of old!! Now im sure there was some GREAT Ds in the 60s 70s,but that was not my era, this Raven D im more in tune with.. Anyways the point here is?? You can put numbers on your D, so i see it as a great D not an elite D!! Shoot the Ravens won a SB with Dilfer for crying out loud!! You have the greatest QB of ALL time, along with a great D, and yet you could of been 1-3 right now, if not for luck.. Again cd, i expect the RAIDERS to beat you guys, but i would not be shocked if you guys put the clamps on our young team either.. You have a VET team, we have a baby team that is being built to WIN SBs in the future..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOs are part of the game cd, every team has them.. Heck TOs are just as common as getting a first down now days, we had 2 of them as well, so you always factor in a TO or 2 along with Flags, the REFS, they ALL part of the game.. Now what i think an elite D is?? That Raven D of old!! Now im sure there was some GREAT Ds in the 60s 70s,but that was not my era, this Raven D im more in tune with.. Anyways the point here is?? You can put numbers on your D, so i see it as a great D not an elite D!! Shoot the Ravens won a SB with Dilfer for crying out loud!! You have the greatest QB of ALL time, along with a great D, and yet you could of been 1-3 right now, if not for luck.. Again cd, i expect the RAIDERS to beat you guys, but i would not be shocked if you guys put the clamps on our young team either.. You have a VET team, we have a baby team that is being built to WIN SBs in the future..

How have the Broncos been lucky though? They have had close games but not sure where luck is involved other than maybe the Chiefs game at the end but either way the Broncos were sending that one at least into overtime so can't even claim that one was lucky.

As for TO's being as common as 1st downs I'm going to guess that is just you using exaggeration. Considering most teams get somewhere in the area of 20 1st downs in a game and well obviously there has not been a 20 turnover game in the history of the league.

While yes Turnovers are a part of the game they do not all equal the same. The hail mary at the end of the half that turns into an interception doesn't compare to that of a pick-6 in a game being decided by a touchdown or less. Like I said the Broncos before the end of the half were driving down the field pretty easy with a 10 point lead looking like if they could at least score a field goal plus get the ball after the half that they stood a great chance of putting this game away right after the half. Instead Manning throws a huge pick that the Vikings turn into a touchdown. That is a huge turnover.

Now the bigger issue though is the turnover battle. There is a reason coaches spend so much time harping on taking care of the ball. The team that wins the turnover battle has won on average 78.6% of the time in the NFL. That is astronomical. So the Broncos losing the turnover battle on Sunday against the Vikings is a big reason the Broncos struggled to win that game big. It is why the Vikings were still in it at the end of the game instead of being down by 2 touchdowns or more playing catch up.

Also the Broncos do not have a Vet team by the way. We do have some veterans just like you do but a majority of the Broncos team is on their 1st contract with 3 or less years of experience. The Raiders right now are ranked 23rd in the NFL for average age of player. Broncos are 18th. So we are actually a younger team than you yet are still winning. You take away Manning and replace him with a rookie and the Broncos actually have the 2nd youngest team in the league. It is why the idea that the Broncos are toast after Manning is gone is a bit premature considering he is playing like an average QB and the team has a lot of young talented players producing. IT is why they have 11 players with sacks already this season. They have young talent all over the place.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it cd, you know what i mean about the TOs.. They part of the game dude, and guess what?? They will continue to be part of the game.. Heck Murray had 2 fumbles, and without those we WIN!! But guess what?? They part of the game..
Now you want to talk about a young team?? ALL our key core are baby's!! That's a young team!! Our Franchise players are puppy's.. Not player, but playerS.. That why they call the RAIDERS the young RAIDERS..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it cd, you know what i mean about the TOs.. They part of the game dude, and guess what?? They will continue to be part of the game.. Heck Murray had 2 fumbles, and without those we WIN!! But guess what?? They part of the game..
Now you want to talk about a young team?? ALL our key core are baby's!! That's a young team!! Our Franchise players are puppy's.. Not player, but playerS.. That why they call the RAIDERS the young RAIDERS..
You have a VET team and that widow is closing, with this team you have..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if people could look past Manning they would say the same thing about the Broncos. Everyone in our secondary is 28 or younger. Our linebacking core other than Ware is all on their first contract and right now the Broncos have the 2nd rated ILB and the highest rated OLB both being 26 or younger. Our DL is all 26 or younger at the starter positions as well. On offense the starting OL features 3 guys that this is their first year starting in the league. RB all of our guys are 24 or younger. So essentially Manning is the one true old guy on the team with a couple of others in their young 30's and the rest all just entering their primes.

Again the reason I brought up the turnovers in the Vikings game is because 78.6% of teams who win the turnover battle win the game. The Broncos lost the turnover battle yet found a way to win the game. Manning throws one less pick and that game is a blowout. Pretty simple stuff. It will again be a key in this game against the Raiders in the Broncos should win the game as they are the more talented team but turnovers can be the great equalizer giving the Raiders a chance to win.

Heck you made my point about turnovers in the Raiders were the better team this past Sunday but because of turnovers the Bears were able to find a way to win. Yes they are a part of the game and it is why I said that the Broncos have to find a way to protect the ball better especially Manning as his turnovers have almost cost this team games. Thankfully the defense is "ELITE (Yes I said it)" and has been able to win despite Manning and really the entire offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a VET team and that widow is closing, with this team you have..

I pretty much already said it but the Broncos have 45 players right starting who are over 30. Mathis who the Broncos already have his replacement on the roster, Owen Daniels who the Broncos drafted his replacement this past year in Jeff Heuerman, Vasquez who is still playing at an elite level, Ware who the Broncos drafted his replacement in the 1st round this past draft plus have a guy who is the 7th rated OLB in the league right now even though he only plays about 20 snaps a game in Shaq Barrett, and Manning who we have his replacement as well in Osweiler. So 4 of the 5 older vets the team already has their replacement on the roster and all of them have shown promise at different times.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much already said it but the Broncos have 45 players right starting who are over 30. Mathis who the Broncos already have his replacement on the roster, Owen Daniels who the Broncos drafted his replacement this past year in Jeff Heuerman, Vasquez who is still playing at an elite level, Ware who the Broncos drafted his replacement in the 1st round this past draft plus have a guy who is the 7th rated OLB in the league right now even though he only plays about 20 snaps a game in Shaq Barrett, and Manning who we have his replacement as well in Osweiler. So 4 of the 5 older vets the team already has their replacement on the roster and all of them have shown promise at different times.
The QB is the one that matters the most, and Carr just entering his second year.. Again, you have a VET team dude, with some young guys mixed in there, but make no mistake?? It's VET team..