• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quiet as a crypt in here

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright boys. Playoffs aren't entirely out of the question. Let's get this forum popping.

But yea lets talk about the draft. Should tje Pack continue to lose lose lose. Who do we draft? I say nothing but OL and DL, personally.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO OL shouldn't be a priority. Yes this group had a bad game against the Lions but they actually haven't been that bad this season. Some of those sacks are also because Marshall Newhouse made some spot starts.

A healthy Bulaga, Sherrod, EDS + improved Bakhtiari. No thanks

Free Safety is our biggest need. M.D. Jennings is barely worth a roster spot. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is the best S in the class and a top-20 prospect. He is a player we need

We also need a tight end. Slim to none chance we bring Finley back, Quarless is a free agent. Need a new starting TE

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO OL shouldn't be a priority. Yes this group had a bad game against the Lions but they actually haven't been that bad this season. Some of those sacks are also because Marshall Newhouse made some spot starts.

A healthy Bulaga, Sherrod, EDS + improved Bakhtiari. No thanks

Free Safety is our biggest need. M.D. Jennings is barely worth a roster spot. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is the best S in the class and a top-20 prospect. He is a player we need

We also need a tight end. Slim to none chance we bring Finley back, Quarless is a free agent. Need a new starting TE

I would agree that our o-line is in decent shape...Bakh - Sitton - EDS - Lang - Bulaga...good starting 5, with Barclay and Sherrod as the top reserves. Would like to add another solid player or 2 for for depth. Tretter will be back, but that's sort of an unknown (but really, Sherrod is too, I guess.) I was on the "Newhouse isn't as bad as everyone thinks he is" train up until this year. Now, not so much. He's been flat-out bad.

Here are the positions I would look to improve : (In no particular order...and I haven't looked at any draft stuff at all yet, so I'm not going to even pretend to name players here...)
1) Safety - I don't know why our defensive backs always look lost, but I do know we haven't had a playmaker in the secondary since Woodson got hurt a couple years ago, and that the quality of our safety play has plummeted since Collins got hurt.

2) Backup QB: I've always thought we were living on the edge with our backup QB spot, but this year we got burned on it. My theory is that you should draft a QB every year at some point just for a developmental standpoint. Doesn't have to be a high pick, but get one in here.

3) Tight End: Like the guy above me said, I'm not putting much stock in Finley returning, and Quarless is probably just an avergae at best TE, even if he is retained.

4) D-Line: Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly. and C.J. Wilson are free agents.

5) OLB

6) CB

Actually, the list of free-agents is pretty long...we could see some major turnover here next year.

James Jones
James Starks (RFA)
Mike Neal
Ryan Pickett
C.J. Wilson
Johnny Jolly
John Kuhn
Sam Shields
Jermichael Finley
Andrew Quarless
Evan Diedrich-Smith
Matt Flynn
M.D. Jennings (RFA)
Robert Francois
Marshall Newhouse
Seneca Wallace
Jamari Lattimore (RFA)
Kahlil Bell

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that our oline has had a couple good games over the past 4 years and have been very poor very often. The only reason they look somewhat decent is that Rodgers can move well and throw on the move. This also opens things up for a decent RB to gain some yds.

Dont kid yourself and think they're good. Sherrod might not ever be a player in the NFL, we haven't seen anything from him. Bulaga had one good year and a poor year and has been hurt since, how does he come back? We don't have a center and the Rookie at LT has been ok at LT, but he better get a lot better if he's going to be our starter there in the future. At this point I'd say every position on that line could be upgraded and I wouldn't be upset, other than maybe Sitton. BacT is decent for a rookie. He better get a lot better if he's going to stay our starting LT. Lang? OK at guard, hardly a world beater. EDS? I hope him and Newhouse have fun whever they go. He loses more plays on the line than anybody. He's blown off the ball anytime there is somebody over him. He's like a white newhouse and playing on the interior of the line. I don't care if he can make the calls along the line, he sucks and is barely a body out there a lot of plays. Barclay? move to guard or back up. They could draft 2 more Olinemen at least this draft.

Safety is a desperate need, and DL is always something we can upgrade too. I hope they pull that offer back for Raji, he's not worth it. They'll need some young bodies to keep our rotation going up there and find some replacements. WIlson will probably be gone, Pickett is getting old, I'd give Jolly some money, but not a ton. Raji may or may not be here. Worthy and Jones are young. They'll need someone in there.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I can't back down on the lines. Every year we talk about the ifs. How about this. Stack the line. Give Rodgers all day to throw. Watch them carve up the league.

Same for the D. Stiffen up the front 3 and our average LBs will look like studs, and Clay will find more opportunities.

Also, competition makes people better.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree backup QB is a need but I'd take a DL or TE in the second round over a backup QB.

I'm fine drafting an OL but IMO we would be screwing up taking one in the second especially the first.
Tretter, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Bulaga, Sherrod. Five OT's. Plenty of depth, I am fine with adding more but for a rookie Bakhtiari has been very good, should be better next year. Bulaga has a starting job as long as he is healthy next year. Sherrod/Barclay backups. We need to bring back EDS, NEED to bring him back. Sitton obviously good for us, Lang is a question

Just think S, DL, TE, backup QB and even WR if Jones leaves are bigger needs than OL

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. They're not good, and they never will be. Bak can stay, but over the next 2 years the rest of the line should be upgraded. Bak too if he doesn't get even better.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the pick of Tretter, but what has he shown us so far? big question mark for me? I like Bak, but he's nowhere near a Clifton and that's we should have at LT with Rodgers as our QB. I like Barclay, great swing guy, can mostly count on him in a pinch, should be moved inside IMO, but not anything close to a Tauscher at RT, and we need someone close to him on the line with our QB.

Bulaga? Liked him, good year, then poor year, and hasn't seen the field in a long time now. How does he come back? I'd say they give him the benefit of the doubt and he's a starter when he gets back, but who knows what we'll get. Sherrod? Not that I'm totally counting him out because he did have a very bad injury and hasn't had a chance, but from the very little we have gotten to see from him, it wasn't much. Certainly didn't make me feel he's got what it takes. I hope he does, i hate to see all that potential and work wasted because of some terrible luck.

Must keep EDS? Why? He's as weak as Newhouse no matter how much Rodgers has his back. Actually I hope EDS, Newhouse and Campen are all sent camping after this year.

I think OL and safety are the biggest needs. If Jones is re-signed, TE is less of an issue. Not because they play a similar role, but because our offense doesn't lack for targets. Even with the injuries this year, our offense has had plenty of targets. There's only one ball to go around and it would be nice if we could give our QB more time to find those targets and stop the other team from finding theirs with such regularity and ease. Our offense has been plenty proficient to win a lot of games (excluding the minus rodgers time this year) but we were on borrowed time with a healthy rodgers for so long. Our oline sucks and has sucked for a few years. It's time to figure it out.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we have heavily invested in the DL the last two years. Barring a stud falling in our lap I don't want to spend a top 3 round pick at that position.

1. Safety
2. OL
3. TE

I think Tolzien is our back up QB of the future.

I think we need more depth at ILB and WR

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that we really need help in the secondary but that being said, it pisses me off that we are so exposed without Rodgers.

CB Darqueze Dennard Mich St
Bradley Roby Ohio St
Stanley Jean Baptiste Neb
Ekepre Olomu Oregon
Justin Gilbert Okie St

SS Isaiah Lewis Mich St
CJ Barnett tOSU
Brock Vereen Minn
Deone Buchanon Wash St
Ahmad Dixon Baylor

FS Clinton -Dix Bama
Terrence Brooks FSU
Dion Bailey USC
Marquesten Huff Wyoming
tre Boston North Carolina

These arent listed as they are ranked just how i see good fits for us with a lil B1G bias

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that we really need help in the secondary but that being said, it pisses me off that we are so exposed without Rodgers.

CB Darqueze Dennard Mich St
Bradley Roby Ohio St
Stanley Jean Baptiste Neb
Ekepre Olomu Oregon
Justin Gilbert Okie St

SS Isaiah Lewis Mich St
CJ Barnett tOSU
Brock Vereen Minn
Deone Buchanon Wash St
Ahmad Dixon Baylor

FS Clinton -Dix Bama
Terrence Brooks FSU
Dion Bailey USC
Marquesten Huff Wyoming
tre Boston North Carolina

These arent listed as they are ranked just how i see good fits for us with a lil B1G bias

Only a little bias?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen much of the Packers but the Lions game screams defense.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDS may not be great in run blocking but this season he has graded out amongst the best pass protectors at his position by Pro Football Focus.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDS may not be great in run blocking but this season he has graded out amongst the best pass protectors at his position by Pro Football Focus.

Then I'd have to believe those at PFF grading players don't know dick about football. As long as the guards have whoever is next to him, and all he has to do is put an arm on them, he's good. If he has to actually take someone on? It isn't pretty. He gets beat, a lot. Why do you think GB never has a pocket to "step up into" like every other passing qb seems to have?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all get beat. To an unsatisfying degree. I watch Manning and Brady and they rarely get hit. We run all these late developing routes with no protection. Favre and Rodgers are probably the most hit QBs among the greats. They got/get hit all the damn time.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'd have to believe those at PFF grading players don't know dick about football. As long as the guards have whoever is next to him, and all he has to do is put an arm on them, he's good. If he has to actually take someone on? It isn't pretty. He gets beat, a lot. Why do you think GB never has a pocket to "step up into" like every other passing qb seems to have?

Considering it's heavily used by NFL coaches/front office. I'n going to say they know what they are talking about

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tretter was activated today and Miles White was sent to IR. Sounds like they will try Tretter at the C position to see if he could be a replacement or back up. Sounds like the team wants to explore other options at C