• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about the 2 1/2 losses

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the two losses, was there some theme running through our shitty defensive performance in all of them? Poor pass rush? Bad secondary?

Just curious.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would exclude the Giants game, as they held NY to 6 points on two INTs near the 30 yard lines. They did allow a TD on the further away INT, but overall they were good considering. (Not by our standards.) The offense or lack thereof lost that game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Vikings, Giants n Rams, all 3 ran well against us.... it's disturbing....

poor pass rush...

The vikings n rams games, we came out flat and stunked it......

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would exclude the Giants game, as they held NY to 6 points on two INTs near the 30 yard lines. They did allow a TD on the further away INT, but overall they were good considering. (Not by our standards.) The offense or lack thereof lost that game.

Losing to the Giants was bad, because it set a playoff precedent. Not being able to beat St. Louis at home is turrable. We've still gotta play both Seattle and St. Louis on the road. I predict 0-2 in those games.

And we've got Chicago coming next week.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Giants was bad, because it set a playoff precedent. Not being able to beat St. Louis at home is turrable. We've still gotta play both Seattle and St. Louis on the road. I predict 0-2 in those games.

And we've got Chicago coming next week.

After the way we played today, 9-6-1 is entirely possible

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the two losses, was there some theme running through our shitty defensive performance in all of them? Poor pass rush? Bad secondary?

Just curious.

The consistent theme is the D-line is not playing like they did last year and we aren't stopping the run. There is no pass rush and not creating turnovers. Offensively is just too streaky. I have never seen a team look so good and so bad in the same game as often as the Niners. It didn't happen as much today but I also think Harbaugh sometimes outcoaches himself.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we overlooked the rams.

I'm not sure about that. I thought the same thing about the Vikings but the way the team has played since then I don't believe it anymore. How do you have a bye week to prepare for a team and still overlook them? I think the team just isn't as good as we all thought. I still think it is a really good team but maybe not ready for the Superbowl.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before. Last yr blew our exodcrations out if the water. We think and the players might start thinking we just need to show up to win.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before. Last yr blew our exodcrations out if the water. We think and the players might start thinking we just need to show up to win.

That is partly it I agree, but that is on Harbaugh. I love the guy but I think he has some flaws he needs to work on as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh needs to get tough on the boys for this... honeymoon is over. Get hungry!!!!

Respect the game and do not fool yourselves. Get to work and work to win, got to get that hunger back.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh needs to get tough on the boys for this... honeymoon is over. Get hungry!!!!

Respect the game and do not fool yourselves. Get to work and work to win, got to get that hunger back.

That right there in the bold is such a good point. They don't look like they have the chip like they did last year. Maybe this is the same point people have been making about them believing their own hype, but put this way is better. Last year if they went out and hit people. Made them respect. Now it is like they are demanding the same respect and not earning it. I think about half of the games the defense has looked soft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. I thought the same thing about the Vikings but the way the team has played since then I don't believe it anymore. How do you have a bye week to prepare for a team and still overlook them? I think the team just isn't as good as we all thought. I still think it is a really good team but maybe not ready for the Superbowl.

looking forward to the bears game. we've clobbered teams this year and then we blow chunks against the rams and the vikings. playing down to the competition.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it is all of the above, you lose because too many things didn't go right. but the 49ers have 6 wins, so the season is ok.

for the first round of the NFC West, you gotta take 2-0-1. if we go 2-1 in round 2, i'd take it. personally, i really hate losing to the Rams but if we had to tie or lose, guess the Rams are least likely to challenge the West (at seasons end).

Akers is having a poor year so Baalke needs to consider a new kicker before the play-offs. the kicker can't be shakey in the play-offs, bcause our offense isn't good enough yet.

hopefully, this tie will give the team a "sense of urgency"?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
looking forward to the bears game. we've clobbered teams this year and then we blow chunks against the rams and the vikings. playing down to the competition.

yeah, i'd think the defense will play better overall. but no longer as confident in our special teams.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that is a serious problem then. The mark of a good team is beating the teams you should beat. Until you can do that consistently you are not a top level team. I would normally agree with you, but because of the bye week I feel like they should have been prepared. If they were still overlooking the Rams then that is bad. A division opponent you should always be up for. Not to mention.... the Rams are not a bad team!! I get that Chicago on Monday night is a big time game, but at a certain point "trap game" is no longer a good excuse. They need to step up. I can accept a loss (not a tie) when everyone is playing tough. Not when they are getting pushed around. I give credit to the Rams though. They beat the Niners at their own game. They were the ones being more physical.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'd think the defense will play better overall. but no longer as confident in our special teams.

I am not confident in special teams either. Akers can hopefully get back on track. Seems like he isn't kicking the ball as far on kickoffs now too. Wonder if something is wrong? Mechanics or something. Coverage is not very good either. Still got Andy Lee though. Andy Lee is the Joe Montana of Punters.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this games falls at the feet of the defense. If you would tell me that an opposing team would have to go 99 yards against the D for the go ahead score I would seriously like our chances. For us to be a so called elite defense their are times when they just have a brain fart and get out of position.

We go as far as the defense takes us so if we are to a Superbowl our defense needs to become more consistent.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the pass rush and our ability to create turnovers.

Those two pick up and we will be back to last yr.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not confident in special teams either. Akers can hopefully get back on track. Seems like he isn't kicking the ball as far on kickoffs now too. Wonder if something is wrong? Mechanics or something. Coverage is not very good either. Still got Andy Lee though. Andy Lee is the Joe Montana of Punters.

yes, punting and long snapping has continued to be GOOD. so i need to be more specific............not confident in our field goals, a little on coverages.
granted, the coverages have improved.

Last edited by a moderator: