• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Queen Michelin Woman Henrietta

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to get some pucks past this fatgirl.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm, you think?

first we need to get the pucks passed the NYR defensemen

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why we didnt want to play the rags in this round... Typical game... we out play them for the first two periods, then they get a lucky goal and its over.... its just sad that we only had 21 shots on goal, yet there defense blocked 26 shots.... so IF we happen to get a shot threw there defense, we need to beat queen henry, who is almost next to near impossible to beat tonight.

For a few minutes in the second period I thought we had them because they were looking so tired and we were controling all aspects of the game... but we couldnt score....

I dont have a good feeling about this series.... because this is what happens... we outplay them, but lose. The only thing I can think we need to do is score on the PP. If we cant do that, then this series will be over soon. I know its only game one... but every devil fan should have that worried feeling in the back of there mind.... this was all too familiar....

Oh and next game, call some damn penalties refs.... you let them get away with alot of shit....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they have to do something about the shot blocking next year otherwise you will have 30 teams doing the exact same thing. its not even defense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still gonna be a long series. Tonight was not fun to watch. Reminded me of watching the team in the late 90s on some night. Boring boring boring.

Still though , we win Game 2 and we did what we needed to do in earning the split.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't do anything "rules wise" with the shot blocking, it works it works. There are risks behind it but so be it.

We have to really cash in on those few golden opportunities. Hell Ovie got some rippers from up top, surely we can as well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There really is no risk to shot blockkg these guys dont feel anything and no one is going to shoot at the face on purpose. Rangers had 25 blocked devils had what 20 shots? 45 shots taken in the zone and thats good defense? It's not hard to block shots imo and just wait til 30 teams start doing next year. You really think the nhl is ok with ovie only playing 14mins a game? Just look at what the caps did a rookie coach came in and said we are just shutting it down everything. they get 1 win away from the conference finals.

You don't think anyone is going to try that? Nhl might not make a rule next year but when you see 6 goalied out there u will see one.

Guy at work was getting on me and I told him having another team take 40+ shots in your zone isnt good defense.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like a scumbag thing to say, and maybe it is, but start shooting high. These guys want to sit in the shooting lanes all day make them pay for it. We'll see how thrilled they are about blocking shots after they crack a rib or take a shot to the kidney.

Start getting to the net, with or without the puck. Try to draw a penalty, anything to break up the routine that they get us into. Keeping the puck along the boards and forcing shots from the point are not going to work.

If we're going to continue taking outside shots, how about you fake a shot or two? You know the guys are going down, fake, go around them, and then it doesn't have to be a blast from the point, throw a weak wrister in and hope for deflections or rebounds.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read on tg blog can't post it using myphone. Either marty or pdb said they may have to start shooting it and hurting the blockers to make them think twice. I'm glad someone had the balls to say what we are all thinkkng

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on tg blog can't post it using myphone. Either marty or pdb said they may have to start shooting it and hurting the blockers to make them think twice. I'm glad someone had the balls to say what we are all thinkkng

“We’re playing a different team defensively than maybe the Flyers,” Brodeur said. “I think they’re a lot more in our shooting lanes for our (defensemen), so we’ve just got to find ways to try to expose them a little more. We’ve done it in the regular season. We’ve got to try to get it done. Right now, they’re hot. They’re blocking pucks. Hopefully we’ll be able to hurt a few guys hitting one-timers off their foot and their head or something. Right now, they’re paying the price to win and that’s what playoff hockey is all about.”

Fire & Ice - Devils frustrated by Rangers’ shot blockers and Lundqvist in 3-0 Game 1 loss

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank you for posting it. I'm glad marry said it because maybe it will open peoples eyes. This isnt good defense. Pretty soon columbus will be doing it Edmonton etc

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no risk to shot blockkg these guys dont feel anything and no one is going to shoot at the face on purpose. Rangers had 25 blocked devils had what 20 shots? 45 shots taken in the zone and thats good defense? It's not hard to block shots imo and just wait til 30 teams start doing next year. You really think the nhl is ok with ovie only playing 14mins a game? Just look at what the caps did a rookie coach came in and said we are just shutting it down everything. they get 1 win away from the conference finals.

You don't think anyone is going to try that? Nhl might not make a rule next year but when you see 6 goalied out there u will see one.

Guy at work was getting on me and I told him having another team take 40+ shots in your zone isnt good defense.

I wasn't saying blocking shots equates to good defense. They're blocking shots and there's nothing bush league or controversal about it.... it's part of the game.

The Devils need to break that formula of theirs and soon. I'm putting this on Parise too, step up there young gun.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's nothing bush league about the trap but they changed up the rules. Blocking shots is fine that's part of the game putting 6 goalies out there isn't

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always an outrage when the New Jersey Devils do something. When another team does the exact same thing, they're honored for it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for not only not delivering with my GDT but us getting blanked on top of it. Hopefully we'll go far enough where I get another shot!

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with blocking shots or the trap

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing wrong with blocking shots but if they wanna keep doing it make them pay for it

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
when you block more shots then your goalie does there is a huge problem. and its only going to get worse here on out.